Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up Easter Crowds + Lots of Fun Anyway= One Magical Trip and a Completed Trip Report!!:)

Hi Everyone This is my very first trip report. and because I have enjoyed reading everyone else's TR's, I have finally decided to take the plunge and write one of my own. I am hoping that you will come along for the ride. Anyways a little about me and my family:
Me--35, I am a super organized (or at least I try to be), planner, list-maker, obsessed with anything Disney--especially WDW-- stay at home mom to two wonderful boys!!! Last fall I made the decision to return back to school to get my teaching degree. It's been tough sometimes juggling everything but I think it will be totally worth it in the end. Favorite character: Mickey Mouse!! There is just something about the Big Cheese himself!! DH is so jealous!! Favorite ride: Soarin'

DH--38, great husband and father, very laid back and super supportive. He loves Disney as much as I do and can't wait to go back!! He lets me do all the planning and then he goes along for the ride Favorite character: Grumpy! Favorite Ride: BTMR

DS-9, serious, and somewhat shy but very lovable kid. He loves video games, and it can sometimes be a challenge getting him to do anything else. He seems to be at that age where he has an opinion about everything and knows everything. It's too cute!!! He was giving his father golf tips the other day which we thought was too funny. Anyways his favorite character is: Goofy! Favorite Rides: Splash Mountain and Test Track!!

DS--6, my baby, so lovable and easy-going like his dad. He likes things to go his way and if he doesn't like something he's not afraid to tell you!! He loves action figures--Spiderman, Hulk, Power Rangers--whatever, he loves them all!! He has a wonderful imagination and is always after his older brother to join him in his fun. He also loves Disney--so much so that we call him our little tour guide because he can tell you about any ride at Disney and where it's located etc. His favorite characters: Goofy and Pluto!! Favorite Rides: BTMR and Test Track!!

So there you have it--our family!! Now, about the trip. It took place April 16th thru April 21st. We stayed at Pop Century Resort (stayed there last year and loved it!!) So it was really no choice when it came to picking a resort. Pop won hands down. We had a wonderful vacation and that's why I have decided to share it all with you I hope you will follow along on our adventure and share all our laughter while we relive all the magical memories of this trip. So grab some coffee, popcorn or whatever because the ride is about to begin.

Quick Background
Our bags are packed and we're ready to go!!!!
We've landed!!! Pop Century here we come!!!
A little lunch and then off to Epcot we go!!!
Epcot continued.....
Just Keep Swimming...
I'm too dizzy!!
A train ride, some goats and a snake???
Animals, Animals Everywhere..
continued....Animal Kingdom
A Stroll around Pop Century Resort....
A Stroll around Pop Century Resort--PT.2
Where dreams come true--a mini update
It's a beautiful day!!! MK Day-Part 1
It's a beautiful day--continued
Stuck, Soaked....Now it's time for a Parade!!
Wishes....they do come true-Part 1
Wishes....they do come true-continued
A trip down memory lane..
We're finally Soarin'!!
Cool Turtle, Mom!!!
Where's the bus???
Napkin Twirling at Chef Mickey's!
DHS and TSM Fun!!!
Lights Motor Action and HISTK!!!
A little Lunch and then a Parade!!! YAY!
Our last morning at MK
Our last morning at MK continued..
Saying Goodbye....
What we accomplished this trip and final thoughts...
Final Thoughts...

Last edited by Angies1274; 07-29-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quick Background---

Hi again-- I thought I would start off with a quick background of the trip because I didn't get a chance to write a PTR. So, we decided to brave the crowds after Easter week this year for many reasons but the biggest one was because the boys were on Spring break that week. We had handled the crowds pretty well last year during Spring Break so we thought we would try our luck again. Also because of the weather and the Flower and Garden Festival (which we love) Since we live in Northern New York and our main season here is winter or so it seems anyway, getting away during the cold, rainy and muddy month of April seemed perfect for us. Also with all the GREAT info that I get from the DIS about handling crowds--(get up early, rest in afternoon, then back to the parks etc.), and with all my planning (which my DH says borders on obsessive) I think we were ready to go........
BTW--I took a ton of pictures this trip and I know that I love TR's with lots of pictures!! (It helps me remember and get excited for our next trip) So anyways here is some pictures from last year's vacation--

Next up---Our bags are packed and we're ready to go!!!!

Last edited by Angies1274; 06-16-2009 at 01:58 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Hi,
I was there the week after Easter,
and the crowds were gone.
Looking forward to your report.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Hi,
I was there the week after Easter,
and the crowds were gone.
Looking forward to your report.
Hi!! Thanks for stopping by. We were very surprised when we arrived because we were expecting these huge crowds. I spent months worrying about it, especially after hearing how they closed MK in the afternoon a few days before Easter. But we didn't find the crowds that bad, they were definitely manageable that week. Surprisingly, our last day at MK (the next week) they started to pick up.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Our bags are packed and we're ready to go!!!! DAY 1

Okay, before I get started on our very first day. I thought I would let you know our plans for the week:
April 16, 2009---Arrival Day/Epcot
April 17, 2009--Animal Kingdom
April 18, 2009--Magic Kingdom
April 19, 2009--Epcot
April 20, 2009--Disney Hollywood Studios
April 21, 2009--Magic Kingdom/Last Day

DAY 1

So, I had spent months planning the perfect trip, going over every detail, checking my touring plans, over and over. I was realistic though, it wasn't our first trip so I knew that we wouldn't be able to do everything. But I was hopeful that we would be able to get more accomplished this year.
Unfortunately, the closest airport to us is about 3 hours away and since our flight was scheduled to depart at 7:00am, we decided to leave the day before and stay overnight in Syracuse. I had learned my lesson from last year after booking an inexpensive hotel (trying to save as much money as I could for Disney) but the hotel and especially the beds were HORRIBLE!!! After doing some research, we decided on the Clarion Inn--it was inexpensive and the beds were super comfortable!! In the end, it didn't matter anyways because ---we were too excited to sleep!!!
Here are a few pictures of the boys in the hotel---

So after watching what seemed like every hour go by through out the night, I finally decided at 3:00am to get up and start getting ready. It wasn't long before everyone joined me......

And at about 4:30am, we made our way downstairs to check-out. We were finally on our way to the airport. Since we had never been to Syracuse Airport (last year we flew out of Burlington, VT) We ended up getting a little lost looking for the Jetblue counter.(and did I mention it was freezing outside!!) Anyways we made it thru security and headed up to wait to board our flight. You would think at this time I would be so excited I could hardly contain myself. WRONG!! I was actually terrified, I don't know why but for some reason I started to panic about the flight. It wasn't my first time flying and it certainly wouldn't be my last but just the thought of it was freaking me out!! Luckily with DH help, I finally calmed down just as we were boarding the plane. When we were finally up in the air, I remember looking out the window and thinking.....this is it, we are finally on our way!!!

Last edited by Angies1274; 06-16-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

good start--I'm looking forward to the next update!!
your boys looked excited
Old 06-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
good start--I'm looking forward to the next update!!
your boys looked excited
Hi and The boys were very excited that morning, it was so fun to watch and listen to them as they talked about all they wanted to see and do when we got there.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

We've landed!!! Pop Century here we come!!!

So, I made it through the flight--no more panicking despite the mild turbulence that we experienced. I have to say I did breathe a sigh of relief when they announced we had made it to Florida and it was already 72 degrees at 9:30am. It sounded pretty good to us after leaving temperatures in the 40's back home.

We followed the crowd of people and made it to the shuttle. I reminded the boys to hold on, because if I remembered correctly it went FAST!! We finally arrived at the airport and made our way to Disney's Magical Express. Since it was fairly early in the morning it wasn't busy at all. In no time, DH was back and we were getting on the bus to go to Pop Century. Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures during this time because I went a little video camera crazy But we were very excited to see this--

We had decided to try the new online check-in and glad we did!! We arrived and walked right up with no wait. They had all of our information ready for us and our room was even ready and it was only 10:30am!! We were very excited!! The CM wasn't very friendly but it wasn't going to dampen our spirits. We had finally arrived and the boys had chosen Epcot as our first park to visit.
Some pictures of Pop Century Lobby:

We headed to the 80's section to find our room. I've read that a lot of people seem to prefer the 50's and 60's area of the resort. But we like the 80's/90's section. It's quiet and we didn't find the walk too long to the main hall after cutting across the parking lot.Some pics of our room---

Next up---Epcot!!!!

Last edited by Angies1274; 06-16-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

A little lunch and then off to Epcot we go!!!

Well, before we made our way to Epcot. We decided to stop and get some lunch in the food court. It wasn't busy at all---I'm assuming it was because everyone was at the parks. DH and I decided to get the meatball sub and salad, while the boys chose pasta. The sub was huge!! It was good and filling but a little cold. The salad wasn't bad but it had a ton of dressing on it. Overall, it wasn't a bad lunch and it filled us up and we were all starving since we hadn't had anything except for a snack on the plane.

This trip we had decided to add the quick service dining plan. We loved the dining plan last year, mostly because of the convenience since I'm not sure we saved a ton of money by using it. The only thing we didn't like about the plan was that it seemed to limit our time in the parks because it felt like we were always rushing to the next restaurant to make our ADR's.

So anyways back to trip. We decided to head to Epcot first this year and this is what we say upon entering the park

We took a quick picture of the boys and then headed to Club Cool!!

I always get such a kick out of watching the boys try the different sodas. We decided to head to the World Showcase first because for some reason my boys especially DS6 loves the boat ride there. On the way, I took a few F&G pictures---

Well, I need to go pick up the boys from school so unfortunately I have to stop there for now..........
Next up---More of Epcot!!!

Last edited by Angies1274; 06-16-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm loving all your pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Signing on for more. I often say that trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation! Thanks for your contribution to my sanity.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #12
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I'm loving all your pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks!!! I took a ton of pictures this trip!! My DH kept asking me if I was ever going to put the camera down. I just laughed and kept snapping away.

Glad you are enjoying them!!! There's more to come........

Old 06-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #13
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Signing on for more. I often say that trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation! Thanks for your contribution to my sanity.
Hi!! I'm so glad you stopped by!! I agree....trip reports are awesome!! Especially when you are having a really lousy day and you need a good pick me up. Seeing pictures of my favorite place always makes me smile.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #14
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Epcot continued......

Before I continue--I had forgotten when we were at Club Cool and tasting the different drinks that something very cute happened. (BTW--DH opted out of this) Anyways, I was reminding the boys about the drink from Italy called the "Beverly" and how horrible it tasted last time. So, they purposely avoided that particular drink. It was so funny because as we were walking away I noticed the little boy that was standing behind us immediately tried the "Beverly". He must have heard me talking and wanted to see for himself. The poor kid--the look on his face was hilarious. Well, he can't say he wasn't warned.

When I left off, we were on our way to Mexico to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour w/The Three Caballeros. I actually like this ride and the boys love it!! It's just so relaxing. We really enjoyed checking out the inside of the Mexico Pavilion and I think it's so cool that you get to pass by the San Angel Inn.

After visiting Mexico, we had decided to take one of the boats over to Germany, and then walk to Japan. DS9 is really into Pokemon and wanted to look around in the shops. Since I knew that we had another day planned for Epcot later in the week. We just decided to let the boys pick what they wanted to do.
After leaving Japan we headed back toward Future World, DS6 was excited to see the Seas with Nemo and Friends. Along the way, I took a few more pictures and then we stopped to let the boys play in one of the playgrounds that they had set up during the Flower and Garden Festival.

We stopped to admire the view and then we were off to see the Seas with Nemo and Friends........

to be continued.....

Last edited by Angies1274; 06-16-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #15
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Just Keep Swimming...

When I left off, we were just about ready to check out the Seas with Nemo and Friends. Here are some pictures along the way--

Just Keep Swimming.......
Swimming....Swimming
We're here!!!

It's so funny, looking at those pictures now because I remember at the time thinking... "okay, it's few days after Easter, where are all the crowds they had last week and I have spent the last few months worrying about." The line moved fairly quickly and in no time at all we were boarding our clam shell. It was a great ride as usual and then we were off to do a little exploring.......

Sorry this picture is so blurry--I was trying to figure out the right setting on my camera.

Hi Nemo!!!

Hi Dory!!

I spy....a seahorse!!!!

We decided to hold off on Turtle Talk with Crush until our second day at Epcot. Instead we headed over to Innoventions and let the boys play for awhile. You may remember at the very beginning of the report, I mentioned that DS9 LOVES video games so we purposely saved going in here for last because we knew we would never get him out to see anything else!!
Five hours later....... okay, I am exaggerating but it certainly felt like it!!! We dragged him out kicking and screaming---kidding again By this time we were all exhausted and ready to crash from being up so early. So we finally headed out of the park. But of course I had to stop to take a couple more pics along the way......

Next up--Animal Kingdom day!!!

Last edited by Angies1274; 06-16-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: