Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #886
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane!
Just wanted to link you up with my new thread, the old one got moved to completed.........
Old 05-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #887
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
Whew, I am seriously behind, I can't believe you are in the 20's! Love the crocs and all the pics from AK last year. Very exciting!! I've never seen devine either or the Nemo show, those two are on my list for the next trip too... (which may finally be in the planning stages! ) I can't wait to read all about your trip!!
Thanks Tammy! Hooray for possibly having another trip to look forward to!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
What plans do you have for dealing with the heat? I've bought some small fans that clip on our bags. I'm also planning to bring washcloths soaked in water in ziplocks.
We will have frozen water bottles and plan on taking a break each day! We have been before in August so I think we'll be OK! The washclothes sounds like a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hi Diane!
Just wanted to link you up with my new thread, the old one got moved to completed.........

I will be there! Have an awesome trip!
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #888
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Getting there! 3 weeks

As of tomorrow we are only 3 short weeks away!!!!!!! We are so excited because we have Mary Poppins this weekend!!

Does this boy look ready for Disney or what!!

We recently opened our pool and the boys had fun swimming!!

We received our new 2009/2010 DVC planner in the mail!!

We've had birthday parties, barbeques end of the year projects keeping us very busy! We're exhausted!

I am excited to report that I have secured gifts for Bryan for both Father's Day and his brithday!!! I can't post about it though becaus ehe is known to lurk on our report! (Hi honey!)

I also scored some new ADR'S! We are now having lunch at the Brown Derby and Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe!!

Coming soon.....

Epcot list of must see's
Mary Poppins report

Have a GREAT weekend!!

Diane

Old 05-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #889
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Have a great time at Mary Poppins!

I'm slowly catching up. Your boys are adorable! I'm enjoying reading about your plans. Us Junies are getting very close to our trips!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #890
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Yay for 3 more weeks

Have fun at Mary Poppins. Can not wait to hear all about it

That DVC Planner is cute
Old 05-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #891
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! I hope ya'll have a blast at "Mary Poppins".

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #892
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Enjoy Mary Poppins!!!

The Mickey hands are cracking me up!

Hmmm, I love the artwork on the Vacation Planner -- I wonder if that is a valid reason to join DVC...
Old 05-29-2009, 11:42 PM   #893
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I hope you all have a fantastic time at Mary Poppins....and enjoy the last three weeks till Disney!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:17 AM   #894
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Can't wait to hear about the gifts during your actual report! Have fun at Mary Poppins this weekend!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:54 AM   #895
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Have a great time at Mary Poppins!

I'm slowly catching up. Your boys are adorable! I'm enjoying reading about your plans. Us Junies are getting very close to our trips!
Thanks so much! Yes SO CLOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Yay for 3 more weeks

Have fun at Mary Poppins. Can not wait to hear all about it

That DVC Planner is cute
Thanks Kelly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Great pictures! I hope ya'll have a blast at "Mary Poppins".
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Enjoy Mary Poppins!!!

The Mickey hands are cracking me up!

Hmmm, I love the artwork on the Vacation Planner -- I wonder if that is a valid reason to join DVC...
Thanks Jackie! You are oh so close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I hope you all have a fantastic time at Mary Poppins....and enjoy the last three weeks till Disney!
Thanks Laura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Can't wait to hear about the gifts during your actual report! Have fun at Mary Poppins this weekend!
Thanks!

We headed out to Mary Poppins, hopefully I will check in tonight and let you know how it goes!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 09:32 AM   #896
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hey! Nice update, and what a cute photo with the mickey hands! RE Mary Poppins, hope you just love it! We thought it was great!

You sound like you have been busy getting organized! That is great news too, and wow, I didn't realize school ends on the 18th and you leave the next day! It will all come together! Nice new ADRs too! Did you drop some or just add these?

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 06-01-2009, 06:22 AM   #897
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hey! Nice update, and what a cute photo with the mickey hands! RE Mary Poppins, hope you just love it! We thought it was great!

You sound like you have been busy getting organized! That is great news too, and wow, I didn't realize school ends on the 18th and you leave the next day! It will all come together! Nice new ADRs too! Did you drop some or just add these?
Thanks! I love when he puts the Mickey hands on too, makes me smile! Mary Poppins was AWESOME! We loved it! We did drop the HDDR and replaced it with those 2!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #898
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Mary Poppins!!

We go to Walt Disney World THIS month!!! Woo Hoo!! Can't believe how close it is getting!!

So, yesterday was our big trip to NYC to see Mary Poppins! We had a GORGEOUS day, it was 77 degrees and sunny! PERFECT for walking around NYC!! We woke up and got ready and everyone was so excited. We picked up my mom and Bryan's mom and headed off to the train station! The boys were excited about the train ride!

The boys and there grandmothers waiting at the station!

The boys and I!

A family shot!

On the train heading into the city was about a 1/2 hour ride!

Once we arrived in the city, we walked about 10 blocks to Time Square and headed to the restaurant we were going to eat lunch at! The place is called John's pizzeria and it was featured on the Travel Channel. It used to be a church and it is HUGE!! It has beautiful stained glass windows and a GORGEOUS dome in the ceiling.

The inside...

The dome...

More inside photos..

The food was delicious and very reasonably priced for NYC!!

With our bellies full, we headed out to do some exploring! Our destination was the HUGE Toys R Us! Along the way I snapped a few pictures...

This was really weird to see, apparently the mayor of New York David Bloomberg is trying to elimiunate air pollution on weekends? So on one side of Time Square for about 3 blocks, they had all of these lawn chairs in the middle of the road and people were sitting and having coffee, eating and just relaxing!

We finally made it to Toys R Us...

I have to say that these pictures don't do it justice, the place is ENORMOUS!!

When you first walk in there is a ferris wheel and the seats are masde of all different5 characters and games, it is so cute!!

The store was SO COOL, they all these sculptures made completely from Legos!!

Sorry guys I have to end it here for now! I have to pick up the boys....more later I promise!!

Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #899
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Loved your post and can't wait for more. SO jealous of your proximity to NYC, would love to get there sometime! The pizza place looked amazing. Had to smile when I saw the huge Rich Franklin UFC bulletin board, we are friends with Rich - he goes to our church : ) I'll have to show that to his wife.
I know what you mean about being exhausted, I'm right there with ya, can't wait for Disney - WE ARE SO CLOSE!
can't wait to read all about the show!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 06-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #900
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

can't wait for more! I almost went to NYC yesterday, I would have fainted away if I saw you guys. I know you so well from your photos now! Looks like a beautiful day for sure!

I got my ME packet in the mail today! whooo hooo! only 37 days for me!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: