Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
melissatarv
Earning My Ears

Tarver's Take On Disney

Okay so this is my first ever pre-trip report.. as a matter of fact it's my first thread EVER! I guess I was inspired by reading everyones reports...

Dates--June 12th-20th

As a family we have been to Disney 4 times, but I have been a total of 28! Every other year since 2005 my DD(12) dances at Disneyworld with her dance team.. this is our 3rd trip! It will be the first time that my mom and dad have tagged along and the first time Ive been with my parents in 15 years! I guess I should give a little background.. this is one of those trips that really shouldnt be happening. My husband an I own a bussiness, but in the past few months business has.. well for lack of better words SUCKED! Most people would have cancelled the trip, but being a Disney nut I did not! Needless to say we are on a very tight budget but are trying to make the most of it! We figure if we cut out paying for breakfast we will save a good bit, we are also bringing a small fridge to stock with drinks. Any other ideas are welcomed!!!

Cast of characters

Me---31 year old Disney nut! Disneyworld is my absolute favorite place in the whole world! I cry every year when I first see the castle..my DH finds that very funny
DH--32 year old that likes Disney key world like not love, but slowly I am converting him
DD--12 LOVES Disney.. I was upset when she announced she would no longer be wearing Princess dresses.. I was able to talk her into during our last trip in 07 but only for dinner with Cinderella! Why do they have to grow up so fast! TINK is her favorite character, but she loves them all.
DS--8 LOVES Disney as much as us girls, favorite ride Big Thunder Mountain and favorite character Stitch
DS--12 my stepson who will going to Disney for the first time.. we have tried ti bring him in the past but his mom always had other plans at the last minute.. this time he IS going! He loves Captain Jack!

June 12th---

We are leaving our home at 3am to make the long 12 hour drive, checking in at ALL STAR MOVIES around 3pm. We have ADR's at T-rex at 7:15. T-rex is the only restaurant DS8 requested. This is new one for us.. and I have heard good and bad. Im expecting it to be loud, but Im used to loud..LOL! After dinner we are headed over to the Poly to watch the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pagent on the beach.

June 13--- EPCOT

We are breaking from tradition.. usually we do MK first, but the kids wanted this so here we go.... My goal is to get Future World done and leave early.. it always amazes us how much time the kids want to spend at the resort in the pool! I plan to go back later and do Kim Possible..anyone know the hours of that?!

Breakfast-this is where the budget comes in.. most breakfast meals we will be doing in our room. Me and DH arent morning eaters so I plan on bringing granola bars and cereal for the kids

Lunch-fast food most probably over at Sunshine Seasons

Dinner-pizza in the room

June 14---HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

This is the last day of the Stars Wars weekend so the whole day will be all about The Force! The plan is head straight to TSM at rope drop and try to fit in Narnia, Magic of Animation and Little Mermaid before heading to get seats for the Star Wars Motorcade which starts at 11:40! Then lunch and the afternoon parade before going back to the room for a swim.

Breakfast--resort

lunch--Sci FI 1:15

dinner--fast food at Hollywood Studios probably Backlot Express

June 15th--Animal Kingdom

We love this park, but its the only park we only have one day in. I would love to see both Nemo and Lion King, but my main goal is Nemo because Ive never seen that one. EE is a must..DH favorite from last year. If we have to skip Rafiki Planet Watch we will, but I do love the character greetings over there.. we are just going to play it by ear! After dinner we heading over to Boardwalk for some fun and finishing off the night with the Kitchen Sink over at Beaches and Cream.

Breakfast--resort..im sure your sensing a pattern here

Lunch--Flame Tree BBQ we love this one

Dinner--Boma 7:40

June 16--Hollywood Studios

This is the day DD is dancing over at Downtown Disney but they havent given us a time yet.. they are really slow at this part! The goal is do finish up the things we didnt get done the first round and of course to see Fantasmic! We are also renting those little water mouses at the Contemporary before dinner.

breakfast--resort

lunch--fast food????

Dinner--Chef Mickey's 5:15

June 17--Magic Kingdom

The goal is to get as much done as we can without rushing ourselves. I like to go pretty slow in the park and at Epcot just so I can soak up just being there! We will be going to the Campfire sing along and movie over at Fort Wilderness..my DS8 is hoping to get a little fishing in as well!

breakfast--resort

lunch--Harbour House.. its tradition for us we LOVE it

dinner--fried chicken picnic at Fort Wilderness

June 18---Epcot

My DD has a dance workshop today, but again we do not know the time! We are hoping to have Future World finished and just use today to focus on World Showcase..my favorite! Tonight will be the night we view Illumination!

breakfast--resort

lunch--Biergarten 1:00

dinner--Fish and chips maybe or Cantina San Angel

June 19--Magic Kingdom

This is our last day in the parks so we will finsih up the things we havent seen yet and maybe redo some favorites. Spectromagic is a must and Wishes of course! We are so sad that Space Mt is going to be closed during our stay.

breakfast--resort

lunch--Pecos Bill or Casey's

dinner--Cosmic Ray's a bit crowded but my kids love it!

June 20--

We say goodbye to the world and began planning the next time we can come back!!!

Breakfast--1900 Park Fare 9:25

Good bye for now.... I will post a trip report with pics as soon as I get back!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
H20DogsNDisney
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! have great time

Hallie

Tags
budget, families, kids, pre-trip report, trip reports

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: