Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #31
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Oh no... I really hope this gets sorted out by Wednesday....... I mean, I guess normally I wouldn't mind a bunch of Counter Service, but that's not what I want for our anniversary trip.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #32
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I found the shirts! I just wanted to post the pictures here, so that you can see. He's getting them next week - and we decided what we're doing for our anniversary.

I'm supposed to ask if I can sleep over (we'll see on that point) so we can spend the day together. First, I get my song (which he should be working on right now....but probably isn't. ). Then we're going into Boston for lunch and going to see UP. I'm so excited, it looks adorable. And then we're going out for dinner - at the Texas Roadhouse! Woohoo! He said that Top of the Hub is going to wait until it's nicer out, he didn't feel like dressing up, since work has made him so tired lately. I get my Cactus Blossom, which I'm happy about.

And now, without further ado, the shirts:

I have matching ones of the first two (just a smaller size). The Mickey & Minnie with their backs to the camera is on the back of the "09" shirt.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #33
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

The shirts are adorable ! I should get some of those made for us! And the ADR problem seems to have been something with the system ppl seem to be getting the restaurants they want now! I hope it was a one time thing and smooth sailing from now !
Old 05-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #34
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
The shirts are adorable ! I should get some of those made for us! And the ADR problem seems to have been something with the system ppl seem to be getting the restaurants they want now! I hope it was a one time thing and smooth sailing from now !
Gosh, me too! Well, no. Wait.

I hope it doesn't work for everyone except us.... so we can make our ADRs.. and then everyone else can make theirs after us! I have my sheet of ADRs printed out now, and a little sheet to fill in what I got.

While I'm here, I may as well show you my envelopes for Mousekeeping.

When I get my ADRs, I'll post my tip envelopes.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #35
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I printed envelopes for the first time this trip. It was fun. I also did it becuase DH has never heard of tioppiing any type of housekeeping (and I never did till I was in my late 20's) So I would leave money out and he would come to me after we left and say something like "OH you left a couple of bucks on the counter, so I took it for you". I always tell him now it's a tip, but he still keeps taking it half the time. So with a clearly printed envelope, there is no mistaking it.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #36
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I printed envelopes for the first time this trip. It was fun. I also did it becuase DH has never heard of tioppiing any type of housekeeping (and I never did till I was in my late 20's) So I would leave money out and he would come to me after we left and say something like "OH you left a couple of bucks on the counter, so I took it for you". I always tell him now it's a tip, but he still keeps taking it half the time. So with a clearly printed envelope, there is no mistaking it.
That's actually why I did envelopes, because I saw you doing them! (I think it was you... I'm pretty sure)

My mom would leave little gifts (like a candle) on the last day, or a few dollars for the days before that. Tips are the only cash I'm bringing down.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #37
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Gosh, me too! Well, no. Wait.

I hope it doesn't work for everyone except us.... so we can make our ADRs.. and then everyone else can make theirs after us! I have my sheet of ADRs printed out now, and a little sheet to fill in what I got.

While I'm here, I may as well show you my envelopes for Mousekeeping.

When I get my ADRs, I'll post my tip envelopes.

OK! So I must ask what is the website or link you went to print these envelopes? I did this last year and it seems to be from the same place and I lost the info. If you could tell me that would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #38
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
OK! So I must ask what is the website or link you went to print these envelopes? I did this last year and it seems to be from the same place and I lost the info. If you could tell me that would be greatly appreciated!
No problem - I got them from The Mouse for Less:

http://themouseforless.com/downloads...ekeeping.shtml

They also have tip envelopes for restaurants. Mine are a little different than theirs since I added names, moved characters, and changed fonts, but the images are still the same.

Since we're on the topic of envelopes (and thus cards....) I wanted to show you the card I made for Lou for our anniversary.

Notice a theme? Haha. I tell him inside that he'll be getting another present in three months, at Disney. I'm hoping he'll expect it on Monday the 31st, our "anniversary" day, but instead, he'll get it the day before (which is three months in terms of the day of the week - Sunday), so it will be a surprise. I love surprises!
Old 05-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #39
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
No problem - I got them from The Mouse for Less:

http://themouseforless.com/downloads...ekeeping.shtml

They also have tip envelopes for restaurants. Mine are a little different than theirs since I added names, moved characters, and changed fonts, but the images are still the same.

Since we're on the topic of envelopes (and thus cards....) I wanted to show you the card I made for Lou for our anniversary.

Notice a theme? Haha. I tell him inside that he'll be getting another present in three months, at Disney. I'm hoping he'll expect it on Monday the 31st, our "anniversary" day, but instead, he'll get it the day before (which is three months in terms of the day of the week - Sunday), so it will be a surprise. I love surprises!
Cute ! I'm sure he will be surprised! And thanks for the link!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #40
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Three month mark is today!!!! I figured I'd share one of my favorite pictures (of me, at least - my brother is squinting) with you guys.

This is from our first trip in 2006. It was our last day, and we were leaving the park, so we took this photo. I've always liked it.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:01 AM   #41
New England Eeyore
Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe are my boyfriends!
You try being a country music fan in Boston - it just ain't done!
M&M Artist Extraodinaire

Hello!

I just caught up with your pre-trip report - love it!!

Count me in as another who loves Pop. I've stayed there I think, 4 or 5 times? and it's great. Like you said, you're only there to sleep.

DH (except he wasn't my DH yet) and I took our first trip to WDW when I was still in college, and this reminds me of that. We did things on the cheap too (offsite, etc) and we actually drove down because at the time, he was afraid to fly. Well, driving down cured him of that fear FAST. He's flown ever since. That was the first trip I had taken since I was a little kid, and I've been back, oh, about a dozen times since then. He created a monster!

Anyway - I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear all about your adventures!
Old 05-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #42
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so glad you joined. I wanted to ask if you were reading it, but I wasn't sure if that was rude... so I said nothing.

When did you go down the first time? Past freshman year, probably? And did you drive straight through? It's about 24 hours to do that, I think... but I would never be able to do that even if I had my license. I hate highways, even if it is basically I-95 the whole way.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #43
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

I just posted on Disney Quilter's thread about ADR's you may want to go read so you are prepared! Just an FYI of what I went through this am for a friends ADR's that arrives the day before me! I'm still waiting to hear from another DIS friend that makes theirs today and how they make out!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #44
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Ok so the other DISER just called and she's on DXLDP and she didn't have much of a problem as I did ! I guess there's no rhyme or reason! She had to switch around a few times and days but she said that was it! So hopefully it will go well for us!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #45
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Good! I did read your story and was worried, but hopefully it will all get better. If I don't post again before tomorrow, good luck getting your ADRs!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: