Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #16
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

I am really enjoying reading your pre-trip report. Keep it coming! We're going for our first stay at Pop in Sept with free dining. Have you ever considered doing a Segway Tour? I think you'd have fun with that.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #17
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by let'sgo View Post
I am really enjoying reading your pre-trip report. Keep it coming! We're going for our first stay at Pop in Sept with free dining. Have you ever considered doing a Segway Tour? I think you'd have fun with that.
I did the Around the World one (I forget the real name) at Epcot with my dad! It was sooo awesome - until I forgot how to brake and almost ran into the fountain in Morocco....

I would love to do one this trip, but Lou thinks Segways are for nerds. He always says this about new things (like sledding and iceskating) but then ends up loving it. What I think I'll do is do the little trial at Innovations, and then if he likes it, see if he wants to sign up for one later (if there are any open spots) or do one the next time we go down (planning on a trip after we graduate... a few years from now.. we'll see if it happens).

I also loved the Aqua Seas Tour, and I would LOVE to do that one, but it takes up most of the early part of a day, and I feel like we don't have enough time to do everything, considering that I haven't been for 2 years, and when Lou's family last went, they only went to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, totally skipping my two favorite parks!!!!

So I took a photo of my hat, just so you can see what it looks like... and keep in mind, I wear it backwards too. I was called a boy on the Tower of Terror - I'm just going to pretend that it's because it was dark.

Oh, and this was taken with my new camera! It came this morning, so much earlier than it was supposed to have!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm sorry I haven't updated yet with my itinerary, I swear I will as soon as I finish dinner.

This was my view for most of the night (I was at work):

This was taken speedily and secretly while I was sitting there, which is why it didn't turn out so well - I forgot to turn off the flash... whoops.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #18
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

So I figured out where the shirts that I bought for Lou are - they're in a white grocery bag. I wrapped them up and hid them so he wouldn't see them. Only problem - I forget where I put the bag!!! So after I post this, I'm going to try to clean my room a bit to see if I can find them. After all, I do need to give them to him pretty soon!

AND NOW!!!!!!! *Drumroll* The Itinerary!!!!!!

Monday, August 24th - Last day of work for a week. Lou will probably sleep over, because I know his parents aren't going to drive him to the airport. I am planning on packing his bag before I go to work, because I know he's going to forget something (also, this way I can make sure he only has "Disney-designated shirts" - I might have him wear some of my dad's from past trips too, they're about the same size... not sure of the "ewww" factor on this)

Tuesday, August 25th - Wake up REALLYYY early to get to Logan in time to get on our 7 am flight to MCO. I want to only bring 2 carry-ons on, because there's a 15$ checked bag fee. I'm going to bring a collapsible bag for the way back, if we buy enough c*** that we need to check it. (We will... rather, I will. )
We're supposed to arrive around 10:15, and take the Magical Express to POP. Check in, if they don't have the room ready, that's fine. We'll pick up our Keys to the World and off we go to the Magic Kingdom!!!!!!!
As a side note, the best feeling for me is stepping off the plane in Florida, into that hot, humid air. I love it so much... waiting for the little whooshy cars that take you from the terminal to the baggage & car area.. I can picture it still, even though it's been two years.
Right now, I have our dining for the day as being at the Plaza Restaurant (but first, DOLE WHIPS!). Lou wanted a relaxed day today, since we will have been up since 5 or earlier. Sandwiches for dinner seems pretty relaxed to me. I'm hoping I can get a seating around 8:30 - I would love to have Tinkerbell fly right over our heads - if we can see it. If not, no big deal, I'll make it earlier, so that we can watch Wishes. I love fireworks so much, which is part of why I wanted to work at Disney. I know I would never get tired of them.

Wednesday, August 26th -
Today we're going to Epcot Future World! Not much else to say about it.. haha. It's our first full day in the World!!!! I'm so excited. If we get hot, and the park is full, but we've done a lot of what we want to do, I would love to walk over and visit my beloved Yacht Club. That would be nice - I can point out the room we had. Maybe stop by Beaches & Cream or Hurricane Hannah's for a counter service lunch, if we don't get something in Epcot. And then finish up with some ice cream... not the Kitchen Sink though, because then it's back to Epcot for Biergarten! Lou picked this one, we'll see how it goes. I don't mind picnic-style tables, that's what they have at a few restaurants I love (Red Bones & Durgin Park, for anyone who cares to know). And then it's time for Illuminations! More fireworks, woohoo!

Thursday, August 27th -
Today we're going to the Studios. And I want to get as much as we possible can done (everything, if possible). But we have two days planned for it, don't we, you ask? Yes, we do. But the next day we might not be able to go on many rides.... and you'll see why soon! (Unless I already mentioned it and I forgot that I did.) Anyway, as I was saying, Studios today, hopefully with a Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose's. MM's is a replacement for Tutto Italia, because Lou really wanted to go there, but I wasn't as keen on it, because we have so many great Italian restaurants here, especially in the North End.

Side note: For my 18th birthday, Lou took me out for the day after school, and it ended at Strega, in the North End, right near Mike's Pastry. They have an a capella group, Street Magic, that sings there every Tuesday night, which I didn't know, but Lou did, because his family is friends with one of the guys (it's an Italian thing, I guess. Lou has a lot of uncles. No joke.) Anyway, they came to our table last, because they sang a song for each table after singing to the restaurant. And then when they got there, Lou got up and sang lead (the main voice, not back up) with them - he had this planned! It was so amazing, everyone was clapping and cheering. Here's the original song, by The O'Jays. There's a music player on the right, select the song and press play - that should work.

Anyway! That's our replacement for Tutto, because he said Mama Melrose's looked better than Tony's Town Square, and I've already been to Tony's, but not MM. I really want to see Fantasmic, I've never seen it. And the package would just make things so much easier.

I'll post more in the next post, I feel like this is too long... whoops. See, this is what you get.... I take a while in posting, but then it's a big post!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:46 PM   #19
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Friday, August 28th -
Today we're going to Animal Kingdom, Lou's favorite park! We'll probably eat at the Flame Tree BBQ for lunch, down by the river. However, after the Animal Kingdom, we're going to the Contemporary, hopefully, so I can drop in on the Scrapbooker's Dream Vacation group, and meet some DIS'ers. Then we can take the monorail to the TTC, and then to Epcot, which is having EMHs that evening! Tonight we'll be eating at the Coral Reef, which is the only table service on this trip that I've eaten at before. I picked it though, because I love how the restaurant looks, and even though Lou doesn't like seafood, there will be plenty for him to eat, not to mention look at. Illuminations again, and then rides!

Saturday, August 29th -
Today is another Studios day... and it's also the day that Lou's trying out for the American Idol Experience!!!!!!!!!!! That's why we're going to try to do everything we want on Thursday, because I don't know if we'll have time today, especially if he #1 - makes it on, #2- makes it to the finale. I forget the songs he's thinking about, but I think there are some Disney songs in there, like "You'll Be in My Heart" from Tarzan. I really love that song too! If we can, we'll go to dinner at 50s Prime Time diner. I hope to make reservations for it, and I hope that if he gets into AIE, it doesn't interfere with dinner at all. Even if it does, it's only meatloaf and fried chicken, so nothing major. I'll even settle for just a milkshake.

Sunday, August 30th -
Today is our other Magic Kingdom day. It is also MK's EMH, so we're planning on heading over to the GF for 1900 Park Fare for dinner. I would love to see Wishes AND the Electrical Water Pageant, but I don't know if it will work out for both of those. I also really wanted to do that session with the photographer where it's one-on-one around the resort, but I cannot justify that type of money, so that's okay. I'll already have enough photos of him and I... Today is also the day that I hope I can get the surprise from Pat for our anniversary. Jen, she's the head of Private Dining at the resort, if that gives you any more hints...... and then it's back to Magic Kingdom for a few more hours!!!!

Monday, August 31st -
Today is our "anniversary" day, even though I plan on getting us pins the first day. I don't know what people's views are on wearing the pins one day as opposed to the entire vacation, and I'm not sure what I think yet either, but I do know that I'd love some pixie dust, but I'm not expecting anything. Just being there will be magical enough. We'll be going to Epcot again today, to browse World Showcase after Future World. It's our last full day, so I figure today I can buy stuff that I've wanted but have been waiting for. And what better place than the Showcase & Mousegears? Tonight will be Chefs De France, if I can get it. Preferably early, because I really want to see Remy!!!! He'll be leaving a few days after we do, so this will be my only chance. Followed by some more strolling and then Illuminations, this should be a great last night. I am considering maybe going to Downtown Disney this night, if we really feel sick of Epcot.. but I don't know if we will. There's not all that much there, since the scrapbook store is gone, but it might be fun just to look around.

Tuesday, September 1st -
The last day... We'll be spending it at Lou's favorite park again, so he can leave with those memories. Since it closes the earliest, I won't feel gypped out of as much park time. No table service today, just using up our last Counter Service meal credit. Our plane leaves MCO at 6:50, so we need to be back at POP at 3 probably, to catch our Magical Express. We get home at 9:43 pm. Depending on how much we hate each other by that point, Lou may or may not sleep over again. But of course, the first thing I'll do when I get home is boot up my computer and tell you all I'm home!

And that's that! Whew. That took a while. Now I think I'll go clean my room a bit. I'm not that sleepy.. the only thing I have to do tomorrow is go at 3/4 pm tomorrow to photograph a Girl Scout tree planting in case the local newspaper doesn't cover it. I don't know if I'll write an article as well, or just do photos, or neither, but I've written for the paper before, as well as taken photos. My articles are mostly about science though, so nothing interesting enough for me to post links.. : If you really want to, you can google "danica mars rover transcript", it should be the fourth link or something. I will warn you though - they rewrote my article a bit, and messed up the sentence structure - all those grammatical mistakes are not my doing!

Last edited by ZeroToHero; 06-29-2009 at 02:01 AM. Reason: wrong name for song.. whoops!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #21
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Alright - short post today (! I'm sure you're all surprised by that! )

Here's the order that I'm planning to get my ADRs in, and then back ups. I was really hoping that online dining would be up in time, but I'm not so sure now.

Restaurant Booking Order:
Mama Melrose’s FANTASMIC 8/27 (6:30-7:00)
1900 Park Fare 8/30 (7:00-7:30)
Chefs De France 8/31 (5:00-5:30)
Plaza Restaurant 8/25 (8:15-30 pm?)
Biergarten 8/26 (7:30)
Coral Reef 8/28 (7:00-7:15)
50s Prime Time 8/29 (4:30-5:00)

If cannot get Mama Melrose:
Try Hollywood and Vine for same night for Fantasmic (8/27)
Otherwise, book 50’s Prime Time and try Mama Melrose’s on 8/29.
If cannot get Hollywood and Vine or anything, go for Sci Fi Dine-In

If cannot get Park Fare (8/30):
Chef Mickey’s
‘Ohana
The Wave
Kona Cafe

If cannot get EPCOT restaurants:
If cannot get Chef De France for 8/31 try (in order):
Chefs for 8/28
Chefs for 8/26
La Cellier
Biergarten
Coral Reef
Tutto Italia

If cannot get Coral Reef for 8/28 try (in order):
Coral Reef for 8/26
Biergarten
La Cellier (if not already booked)
Tutto Italia

If cannot get Biergarten for 8/26 try (in order):
La Cellier (if not already booked)
Tutto Italia

If cannot get Plaza Restaurant:
Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree

I think I did that all right, I'm not sure. I hope I did! I'm going to have a piece of paper that I'm writing things down on while I'm ordering, so that I know I have everything I want, and no doubles, and nothing was forgotten.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #22
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Sounds like you are going to be busy!
I know - I feel overheated and exhausted already. But that might be because it was almost 100º today - the thermometer was saying 104º, but I think it was a lie. I don't think I'm going to need to write a trip report, I basically just summed it up all there!

I found the shirts!!! And took photos of them. So I'll try to update those later. And I accidentally split the surprise to Lou - I said "Oh, next Wednesday I need to make the cake reservations (he said "huh, cake?") - oh, I mean the dining reservations... I'm on the Disboards reading the cake thread, my bad."

..I think he believed me. Which is good, because I was telling the truth, I don't make the cake request until later.
I think it's safe to say it now, because I told him about the pre-trip report today, and he seemed highly uninterested, and didn't want to see it, so I feel confident in that the secret won't be ruined (anymore than I already did). How do people keep entire trips a surprise from their children, when I can't even keep a cake secret?

So there it is - I want a mini cake while we're at 1900 Park Fare.

I really want one like this:

It's so tiny and adorable! I know it's a buffet, but that's why I want a tiny cake - especially since we're going back to the Magic Kingdom afterwards.

So there you have it - I couldn't keep a secret from my Dis'ers!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:25 PM   #23
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Love your pre-trippie so far Danica! Can't wait to read more adventures on you & Lou!!

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count; WDW...2005 ASM/CSR 2007 POFQ 2009 CSR 2012 CBR 2015 Wilderness Lodge 2017 AKL
Old 05-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #24
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quick update - I was just talking to my friend, and she told me that she had been let go from work, because they couldn't afford to pay her anymore. She worked at the same place I do, in the same position. She'd been working there for two years longer than I have (her for 7, me for 5). I'm really worried now, because I don't go into work until Monday, and she just found out today.

Fortunately, the trip is paid off, and I have some money saved, but if come Monday, I don't have a job, I may need to rethink some things - or go job hunting. I also just hung up from Lou, who earlier today found out one of his best friends is joining the Marine Corps Choir (which also entails joining the Marines) so I think he is a little "ehh" and took it out on me a bit when I told him about my job - he didn't say anything comforting, just told me it wasn't the end of the world. I know he's probably worried about his friend, just like I am, but still - would have at least liked an "oh no" or something.

Sorry for the rant. Pre-trip reports are supposed to be fun, right?
I promise I'll have something fun up this weekend!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #25
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Do you make less than the other girl did? Maybe they'll keep you if you do because it cost less for them to have you.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:52 AM   #26
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

HI! Danica,

I'm coming on over from Disney Quilter's TR! I just got through all your updates! Sounds like you have a Great plan! The surprise sounds yummy!
I will be at Pop practically the same exact dates as you my dates are August 24th thru September 3rd!! Can't wait til Tuesday to make the rest of my adr's I say the rest because I have a few GG's which are already booked because you can make those at 180 days out still! So I have to get that in order and ready for Tuesday!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #27
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Do you make less than the other girl did? Maybe they'll keep you if you do because it cost less for them to have you.
We make the same amount of money per hour - it isn't like other places where they raise your wages each year you come back.. I made 8$ an hour for 4 years, and then it jumped up to 12$ this year when I switched from one area to another. My mom thinks they got rid of her because she can't come in as much as I do - she goes to school in New Hampshire, whereas I'm here year-round. I hope so, because as much as I complain, I like my job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
HI! Danica,

I'm coming on over from Disney Quilter's TR! I just got through all your updates! Sounds like you have a Great plan! The surprise sounds yummy!
I will be at Pop practically the same exact dates as you my dates are August 24th thru September 3rd!! Can't wait til Tuesday to make the rest of my adr's I say the rest because I have a few GG's which are already booked because you can make those at 180 days out still! So I have to get that in order and ready for Tuesday!
Thanks for joining up! Hopefully we'll see each other around at POP, maybe in the bus lines... You'll have to let me know how your booking goes - there's less than a week left!!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #28
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
We make the same amount of money per hour - it isn't like other places where they raise your wages each year you come back.. I made 8$ an hour for 4 years, and then it jumped up to 12$ this year when I switched from one area to another. My mom thinks they got rid of her because she can't come in as much as I do - she goes to school in New Hampshire, whereas I'm here year-round. I hope so, because as much as I complain, I like my job.

Thanks for joining up! Hopefully we'll see each other around at POP, maybe in the bus lines... You'll have to let me know how your booking goes - there's less than a week left!!!!
Yes! I definitely will! I can't wait that makes the trip seem so close!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #30
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Oh boy let the headaches begin!!!

OK just an update I was wandering around over on the restaurant board and it sounds like there are major issues with our week with ADR's! Some CM's are saying that all of the restaurants have not yet uploaded their availability for our week yet and some are saying there is a system error happening anyways! The point is not many PPL are having luck with their ADR's that are calling in today to make them for the week or days prior to us! They are being told to call back later and it should be all worked out! Seems as though only buffets are open for availability and a very few other sit downs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: