Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2009, 07:50 AM   #121
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

I actually lost my place in the trip report and had to go back through it. I noticed you updated your trip report with PICTURES!!! I'm so glad that you found the pictures and put them up! Of course, I noticed that your picture was absent. . . .

I agree with Allison K, if you aren't actively looking for Devine, then you will find her.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #122
Peter Panic Attack
sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety coupled with a refusal to grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison k View Post
I have a feeling that in order to find DeVine, you have to be not looking for her. The next time you go to AK, tell yourself that you aren't looking for anything in particular and poof, she'll be there. That's the secret you're missing. I've seen her countless times....when I'm not looking for her, and then when I want to find her, no luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
I agree with Allison K, if you aren't actively looking for Devine, then you will find her.
Hmmmm.....sounds a bit like the dark arts to me.

Out of curiosity, does DeVine weigh the same as a duck? Because, if she weighed the same as a duck.....she's made of wood....and therefore...a witch.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey
Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died II - Saving Mr. Panic Attack
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #123
Peter Panic Attack

Chpt 16 - Day 2....which means day 1 only took fifteen chapters...great

It was the morning of our first visit to the Magic Kingdom….and there’s not a better feeling in the world. Oh sure….AK’s nice. I mean….I like wildlife as well as the next guy….provided the next guy doesn’t set the bar very high. Obviously, if the next guy is Marlon Perkins…then I’m toast. Actually….if the next guy was the head dishwasher at Perkins…I might still be toast. Anyway, my point is….I enjoy toast. Wait….my point is that Marlon Perkins enjoys toast. Nope…..thats not right either...but I feel like I’m getting closer. There’s something special about MK? Yes! My point is there is something special about MK.

Our first day at MK meant it was time to break out the tie-dye mickey t-shirts. When you see people wearing tie-dye mickey’s, you know two things for sure:
1) - they have an unhealthy obsession with WDW; and
B) - they have waaaaaay to much time on their hands.

In our case……you have no idea. Unfortunately, we had completely forgotten about Pal Mickey when we had turned our kitchen table into a state-of-the-art tie-dying factory a couple of months before…..and he was none too happy about it. Everybody else was slipping on clean tie-dye t-shirt and Pal Mickey had to settle for his same old santa suit….and he has a little bit of a perspiration problem if you catch my meaning. I’m not saying….I’m just saying.

No shirt for poor Pal Mickey

We were in good spirits as we headed down to the bus stop. In fact…if memory serves..we were whistling. We were whistling a happy tune. Except Pal Mickey….he was sniffing his pits. Tinkershell and I had our to-go cups full of piping hot coffee…..because it was our MK day and we were determined to be full of vim and vigor….even if it was artificially produced. Sure, we were inevitably going to crash and burn later in the day…..but when? Nobody knows. That’s what makes it exciting. Kind of like Russian roulette…except with coffee.…and without the gun…..and with no fear of death.

We probably have more fun on the buses than most. Why? Well, I could tell you…but….you know what…I’m just going to tell you. The truth is…we are very easily entertained. We do thumb wars. We do rock paper scissor. We moon pedestrians. You know…just good clean fun. It helps pass the time.

The calm before the storm

So we pulled up to MK and the driver gave us the ole bum’s rush off the bus….kind of like when George Bailey got thrown out of Nick’s place which should have been Martini’s place except for the fact that George had been given a great gift…a chance to see what the world would be like without him. I think it was the mooning…us not George Bailey. I guess all I can say is….if it’s against the rules….they ought to put up a sign….because, otherwise…people are just guessing.

Next up: Chpt 17 - Whatever
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Old 05-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #124
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

cant believe that you had No tie- dye shirt for Pal Mickey

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
Old 05-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #125
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
cant believe that you had No tie- dye shirt for Pal Mickey
I know.....and it would have made him so happy too.

Sometimes I feel like the guilt is almost too much to bear.....thank goodness for prescription drugs.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #126
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Poor pal mickey...first you buy him cheap batteries and then he dosen't get a shirt...your going to give him the wrong impression. Loving your report!

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 05-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #127
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

You added pictures (I love pictures at Disney World!)
Your T's are great...were they hard to make?

Offsite 1992 ASMusic 2004 Pop Jan 2008Pop Jan 2010Pop Jan 2012
Old 05-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #128
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
Chpt 16 - Day 2....which means day 1 only took fifteen chapters...great

No shirt for poor Pal Mickey
Did you make your shirts at the DVC at HHI?
Old 05-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #129
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
Introduction:

Introducing the Panic Attacks (Pal Mickey is taking the photo)

The pictures are great! You have such a cute family.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #130
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
Poor pal mickey...first you buy him cheap batteries and then he dosen't get a shirt...your going to give him the wrong impression. Loving your report!
You should have seen the screamin deal I got on those batteries. As soon as I popped them in....Pal Mickey started talking like John Coffey from the Green Mile.

"Awful tired now boss......dog tired"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannago2disney View Post
You added pictures (I love pictures at Disney World!)
Your T's are great...were they hard to make?
There is definitely a techique to it. It's kind of trial and error so the first go-round was pretty pathetic. We got the directions off Disboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post
Did you make your shirts at the DVC at HHI?
Nope....home sweet home

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post
The pictures are great! You have such a cute family.
Thanks....obviously the kids take after Tinkershell

Old 05-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #131
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

I discovered your TR last night -- just finished getting caught up this morning -- and I love it! Great job!

Looking forward to the rest!

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014
Old 05-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #132
Maxwell42
Earning My Ears

OK, I'm normally just a lurker, but I can't resist making a comment here. And I hope that you can see that I don't mean this in a negative way at all.

I had a female friend in college who made an observation about soap operas. (I just had to trust her on this - I have no personal experience there.) She said that you could tune one in on a Monday and see a person get shot, and then tune in again on Friday and see the ambulance arrive. Such is the passage of time in soap opera world. (Can ya see where I'm going with this?)

I first discovered your TR shortly after you started it, and I could tell right off the top with the paraphrasing of Don McLean that it would be entertaining. But then for some reason I either forgot about it or just avoided it. I guess maybe I was giving you time to write so I could consume it all at once and not have to be strung along, waiting for the next juicy morsel to drop.

So I come back like a month later, and sure enough, you've written a ton. But you're only on your second day?!! So now I'm hooked, but I'm in the very position I was hoping to avoid...anxiously waiting for the next installment to drop, like some crack addict awaiting his next hit. Or something like that...the literary equivalent thereof. I guess this is like life in the days of the serial novel, when dudes like Charles Dickens would publish a chapter a month and take years to get through David Copperfield.

You're not going to take years with this thing, are you?

Seriously, though, I mean all of this as a tribute to your refreshingly humorous writing style. No disrespect to anyone else on these boards, but it's nice to see the effort you put into making this TR entertaining as well as informative. One of the reasons I've never considered doing one of these is because I hesititate to think that total strangers might care about what my family did on vacation, but you're giving me a reason to tune in.

(One of the other reasons I will probably never do one of these is because I would get a little ways into it and then never finish it. But I'm sure I'm alone in that respect...no one else does that, do they?)

Please keep it up, and I'll keep checking in eightteen times a day to see if there's another hit waiting for me. I promise. Like I have a choice now.

BTW, can I have the number for that therapist?
December 15-22, 2010 - Coronado Springs
December 19-27, 2014 - Pottersville, then Coronado Springs

Last edited by Maxwell42; 05-22-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #133
TK Brown
Disney Jedi Master

We probably have more fun on the buses than most. Why? Well, I could tell you…but….you know what…I’m just going to tell you. The truth is…we are very easily entertained. We do thumb wars. We do rock paper scissor. We moon pedestrians. You know…just good clean fun. It helps pass the time.

Ya know, I believe this to be 100% true. No pictures are neccessary to prove it though!
Old 05-22-2009, 02:07 PM   #134
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewz1 View Post
I discovered your TR last night -- just finished getting caught up this morning -- and I love it! Great job!

Looking forward to the rest!

Kristen
Thanks...it's good to hear people are enjoying it....cuz it's a little different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell42 View Post
OK, I'm normally just a lurker, but I can't resist making a comment here. And I hope that you can see that I don't mean this in a negative way at all.

I had a female friend in college who made an observation about soap operas. (I just had to trust her on this - I have no personal experience there.) She said that you could tune one in on a Monday and see a person get shot, and then tune in again on Friday and see the ambulance arrive. Such is the passage of time in soap opera world. (Can ya see where I'm going with this?)

I first discovered your TR shortly after you started it, and I could tell right off the top with the paraphrasing of Don McLean that it would be entertaining. But then for some reason I either forgot about it or just avoided it. I guess maybe I was giving you time to write so I could consume it all at once and not have to be strung along, waiting for the next juicy morsel to drop.

So I come back like a month later, and sure enough, you've written a ton. But you're only on your second day?!! So now I'm hooked, but I'm in the very position I was hoping to avoid...anxiously waiting for the next installment to drop, like some crack addict awaiting his next hit. Or something like that...the literary equivalent thereof. I guess this is like life in the days of the serial novel, when dudes like Charles Dickens would publish a chapter a month and take years to get through David Copperfield.

You're not going to take years with this thing, are you?

Seriously, though, I mean all of this as a tribute to your refreshingly humorous writing style. No disrespect to anyone else on these boards, but it's nice to see the effort you put into making this TR entertaining as well as informative. One of the reasons I've never considered doing one of these is because I hesititate to think that total strangers might care about what my family did on vacation, but you're giving me a reason to tune in.

(One of the other reasons I will probably never do one of these is because I would get a little ways into it and then never finish it. But I'm sure I'm alone in that respect...no one else does that, do they?)

Please keep it up, and I'll keep checking in eightteen times a day to see if there's another hit waiting for me. I promise. Like I have a choice now.

BTW, can I have the number for that therapist?
I feel ya....even I'm suprised how this thing is turning out but I'm going to just keep plugging away. I guess I write by feel. All of a sudden, I'll just sit down and write a chapter but I have no formula for it...it just kind of happens.

But...I don't think we're talking years.....probably....oh, and I don't think our therapist is taking on any new clients right now......pretty busy already

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Brown View Post

Ya know, I believe this to be 100% true. No pictures are neccessary to prove it though!
Actually....I'll probably be in trouble with DW for that one....I really ought to pause and think a minute or two before hitting the old submit button

Old 05-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #135
tinkerbell3747
DIS Veteran

I'm in and loving this

Just wanted tosay I found your TR today and from the very 1st post to the last I have laughed so hard...

This is the BEST TR I have ever read.....I will admitt I have started 2 PTR's that I have only posted intro's for.....sad I know.

Keep posting cause this is addictive....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: