Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #736
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Morning all@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post

I'm glad you feel that way about the last song. I didn't want to say anything until today. That was awful I feel bad that the winner has to have it as their first single. It doesn't suit either one of them!

Ok enough AI talk. It was so great to talk to you on the phone!
You too! I don't know if anyone liked that awful song. Last year they had a competition for the last song and they ended up with 9 out of the 10 finalists being their friends' songs. This year they just skipped the formalities and went straight to the job perk. So for Kara to waste that opportunity with that dreadful song... there's hardly any melody... it's truely annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Good morning girls!!
Today is my Friday!!
Tomorrow is Kaelebs school BBQ (bleh...but I go anyway), there is nothing like rubbery burgers, cold beans, crunchity cookies, milk & having lunch with my kid. hmm....maybe I will bring Subway????
A good idea. I have never heard of anyone ruining a bbq like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Good luck Stacie!

There are 2 Simons on AI?

I caught the last song, but I sooooo wasn't impressed by Adam. I thought he looked like he was in pain singing that song.
If that was all I saw last night, I wouldn't be impressed by Adam either. Yes, Simon Fuller is one you never see, he is the creator of the show. Simon Cowell is a producer of the show and the judge you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Good morning, ladies!!!!! I'm off to work, but just wanted to check in. I voted for Kris last night. It was the first time I have ever voted for AI, but I'm just done with Adam. Too sad, dark and over the top. I agree that he is perfect for theater, though.
!
See Kelly? This is why it is not a sure thing - it is anyone's game tonight. (we were discussing who might win)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Yeah! Breezy has her last final tomorrow, but we are celebrating tonight with Dawn & Cheryl at the French Dinner!
:
Have a fabulous dinner tonight! Say hi to everyone! Can't wait for the report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post

I'm happy that no one was affected by the earthquakes.

Being from Denver I will be cheering for my Denver Nuggets and they did give the Lakers a run for their money last night! The Nuggets rarely ever get this far in the playoffs so it is Nuggets mania in Denver right now! I was waiting at the Burbank airport waiting for Bob to pick me up during the last minutes of the game and my sister was texting me every second of the game. It was exciting!
That game was heart-stopping. My Dh was saying he didn't think the Lakers could win all the games they need to - the Nuggets were so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

As for AI last night, I LOVED Adam's opening song. The fog, the lights, the dark coat, loved it all! I watched that song like three times. He is a little dark and over the top, as Tina said, but then again, that's right up my alley.

That song Kara (is that her name?) wrote was just lousy!! I didn't care for it at all. I have to say though, I thought Kris did a better job with that particular song.
No matter what happens, they will both do well. So will Danny, and Allison.
!
I also loved Mad World...

Quote:
My mom bought me 15th row Idols tour tickets for my birthday last year and check this out! I used to photograph concerts for national indie rock bands and was pretty good at it. I did the best I could with my little 10x zoom point and shoot.

Great job! Everyone have a great day!
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #737
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to check in and say hello. I too am watching DWTS and AI. I am going for Adam though either would be fine and maybe being 2nd would give him more artistic freedom. I think he will do well no matter what while Kris could maybe use the struckure(sp?) of the contract.

Hope everyone is having a good day...so far I have no overtime scheduled for this weekend. I am going two ways on that...one, I could really use the money, and two, it will be nice to spend time with the kids and at home in general. Oh, well, either way.

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #738
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Wow, slow day here!!

Sarah, those pics are great! Looks like a fun time. How was the ship? Was it nice? Did you have formal dinners and such? Were there lots of kids? Or was it more a party group? Do you like cheesecake?
LOL Just seeing if you're paying attention.

Well, night ladies!! Talk to y'all tomorrow.
The ship was very nice. We had dinner in the dinner room on the first and second night. The second night was formal night and we all dressed up. I have to get copies of the pictures my SIL took because those are the only one’s I’m in. We skipped eating in the dinning room on the last night because we wanted to hang out in the Jacuzzi and they closed each night at 10:00pm and our dinning time was at 8:15pm.

There were hardly any kids this time. When DBF and I went a few years ago it was during the week of 4th of July so the boat was full of kids. Also last time the dance club was empty, maybe only 4 other people dancing and this time it was so packed you couldn’t hardly move, but it was a lot more fun.

There was this one guy that wore cut off jeans that were way shorter than I would even wear, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat the whole cruise. Even on formal night he just wore a collared dress shirt with his outfit. It was so funny. And there was one guy that had a shirt that said “I Love Strange” on it. He had several different colors that he wore through out the 4 days but they all said the same thing. Every time we saw him we would yell I LOVE STRANGE!

And yes, I do like cheesecake. It is my favorite! I can make a really good pumpkin cheesecake with caramel topping. Yummy!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #739
LulubellesDD
~*~Former DL CM who still loves the magic~*~

Wink Happy Wednesday!!

Hello all,

I hope you are all having a magical week so far! I am almost done with finals and I am thrilled! Of course, I signed up for summer school so I only have the weekend off but it'll be worth it in the long run!

I am super excited to go to the Food & Wine Festival with my DM tonight! I hope to see those of you who signed up there! French food is so delcious, I already know I will eat so much my mom will have to roll me out of there!

I think my mom mentioned Cheryl and Dawn...who else will be there?

Have a marvelous rest of the week! I'll be celebrating come tomorrow that's for sure!

Brianne
Lulubelles DD

Love and Light
LulubellesDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #740
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulubellesDD View Post
Hello all,

I hope you are all having a magical week so far! I am almost done with finals and I am thrilled! Of course, I signed up for summer school so I only have the weekend off but it'll be worth it in the long run!

I am super excited to go to the Food & Wine Festival with my DM tonight! I hope to see those of you who signed up there! French food is so delcious, I already know I will eat so much my mom will have to roll me out of there!

Have a marvelous rest of the week! I'll be celebrating come tomorrow that's for sure!
Hi Bree! Have fun.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:49 PM   #741
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Yeah! Breezy has her last final tomorrow, but we are celebrating tonight with Dawn & Cheryl at the French Dinner!
Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Hi all - I am back in LA. I had a wonderful time in Denver with my family and DD! I miss them so much! I will be going back for a week in June and I can't wait! It was such a crazy, busy 5 days! We had a great time celebrating my DD's 20th birthday and it was fun to see my niece graduate and we had a great time at her party.

Congratulations to everyone finishing their finals! My DD finished her last final last week - she was relieved and happy to be finished with the year.

I'm happy that no one was affected by the earthquakes.

Being from Denver I will be cheering for my Denver Nuggets and they did give the Lakers a run for their money last night! The Nuggets rarely ever get this far in the playoffs so it is Nuggets mania in Denver right now! I was waiting at the Burbank airport waiting for Bob to pick me up during the last minutes of the game and my sister was texting me every second of the game. It was exciting!

I need to catch up on work now but wanted to check in and say HI and I hope everyone has a great day! Happy Hump Day! We're half way to a long three day weekend! I can't wait!!
Welcome home! I'm glad you had such a nice visit!

Quote:
Of course you're invited! You can come to all of the baby showers too because we'd be sure to have lots of brown hair brown eyed babies. They'd be so artsy! Yeah right I can keep dreaming though..... Is it horrible to say that I actually wouldn't mind dating a touring musician? That way I'd have freedom sometimes. My last relationship was very smothering. He was actually very jealous for my infatuation with David Cook. My mom bought me 15th row Idols tour tickets for my birthday last year and check this out! I used to photograph concerts for national indie rock bands and was pretty good at it. I did the best I could with my little 10x zoom point and shoot.

Great shot!

Quote:
Hello all,

Hi Bree! Have fun with the girls tonight, and enjoy all the yummy food!

OK..........I've been to Trader Joes, Whole Foods, a fish market, delivered some meals that I prepared yesterday, prepared 5 meals for my personal cheffing client, and now I have to go to Costco! Will my day ever end??????

Oh, and the best part of my day had to have been when I bent down to get something out of a bag right when I got to my client's house, and my pants split right down the seam of my inner thigh! So I worked with a 3" rip in my pants all day. Good times............

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #742
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Thank you to everyone who wished me luck on my finals!

Quote:
Speaking of AI, my future husband is on Ellen. I'm not into this season either, really. I was WAY into David Cook last season. BTW that's my future husband
You make a cute couple.

Quote:

I know you will do well. What a huge accomplishment. I am so proud and happy for you.
Thanks.

I hope you guys have a great time at the dinner. I so want to go next year. I need to have complete details of "EVERYTHING" when you guys are done.

Quote:
He was singing just to you wasn't he?

Quote:
Hello all,

Enjoy tonight, good luck on your last final, and have some fun before summer school rolls around.

Quote:
Oh, and the best part of my day had to have been when I bent down to get something out of a bag right when I got to my client's house, and my pants split right down the seam of my inner thigh! So I worked with a 3" rip in my pants all day. Good times............
It could have been worst. Could have happened at Costco.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #743
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Stacie, good luck on your final! You too Brianne!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #744
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

AI IS ON! I have the horrible task of finding out before all of you. No matter what happens.... I can honestly say that I know Adam will make it. If Kris doesn't win, I am not sure how successful he would be honestly. So in a way...... ah nevermind Adam blows Kris out of the water IMO.
Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #745
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
AI IS ON! I have the horrible task of finding out before all of you. No matter what happens.... I can honestly say that I know Adam will make it. If Kris doesn't win, I am not sure how successful he would be honestly. So in a way...... ah nevermind Adam blows Kris out of the water IMO.
DC is on right now. He is sooo sweet.

No no no, he doesn't!!! Kris will have a great career, as will Adam, no matter what happens tonight.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 05-20-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #746
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Not before me!! DC is on right now. He is sooo sweet.

No no no, he doesn't!!! Kris will have a great career, as will Adam, no matter what happens tonight.

Yes they will both make it but I am 100% sure that Adam has the self direction and confidence that it'll take to make it if he does come in second. Kris on the other hand, he just needs to be more proud of himself... or at least show it! I want to see a tear or something

Did DC's brother pass away from his cancer? He's from Indiana I think. I know Ryan said it was a tough past couple of weeks for him.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #747
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Good luck Stacie and Brianne!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #748
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

I am going to be in the parks on Friday, I'm taking my dad, so I plan to snap a few pics of places in DCA where we could take our group pic. I will post them over the weekend and see what you guys think.

Here is the list I plan so far....(might not be able to get some due to F&W)
Next to Hyperion theater
Waterfall area across from Bug's
Sunshine plaza area
Walkway by Ariels to have the SunWheel/FunWheel in the back ground.

Any other ideas?

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #749
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Yes they will both make it but I am 100% sure that Adam has the self direction and confidence that it'll take to make it if he does come in second. Kris on the other hand, he just needs to be more proud of himself... or at least show it! I want to see a tear or something

Did DC's brother pass away from his cancer? He's from Indiana I think. I know Ryan said it was a tough past couple of weeks for him.
Oh, yes,I agree Adam has the self direction, but that's one reason why I hope Kris wins - might be the boost in self confidence he needs.

Yes, David's brother May 2. So sad. David even did a run for his charity the day after...said it was in honor of his brother. He is sooo sweet.

Quote:
May 3, 2009
David Cook's brother Adam has died after a long battle with brain cancer.
According to David's official website, the "American Idol" winner announced his brother's death before the Race for Hope -- a 5k run which benefits brain cancer research in Washington, D.C. today.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #750
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
And yes, I do like cheesecake. It is my favorite! I can make a really good pumpkin cheesecake with caramel topping. Yummy!
Oooooh, that does sound yummy!

Thanks for the info on the cruise. I'd imagine there would be more kids in summer simply because school is out. Ruben wants to take one of those short 3 day cruises before we even attempt a longer one (in 2011) just to make sure no one is going to become horribly ill and sea sick.
I don't know if we will, but since they are so cheap now, he's thinking about it.

Quote:

I am super excited to go to the Food & Wine Festival with my DM tonight!
Have fun Brianne!!

Quote:
Oy! I think you deserve a nice drink tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
I hope you guys have a great time at the dinner. I so want to go next year. I need to have complete details of "EVERYTHING" when you guys are done.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
I am going to be in the parks on Friday, I'm taking my dad, so I plan to snap a few pics of places in DCA where we could take our group pic. I will post them over the weekend and see what you guys think.

Here is the list I plan so far....(might not be able to get some due to F&W)
Next to Hyperion theater
Waterfall area across from Bug's
Sunshine plaza area
Walkway by Ariels to have the SunWheel/FunWheel in the back ground.

Any other ideas?
I forgot about in Sunshine Plaza. That might be nice. We can also do more then one location if we can't decide.
Thanks for taking those pics.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: