Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #826
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love the crocs, Diane -- I am a big lover of all things purple!!!

Gotta enjoy Disney mail!!! You are really making me want to go to MNSSHP!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #827
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

wow.. how exciting.. glad you are keep the deluxe plan. I was hoping you would especially since I remember this is the last time you could cash in on the child meals on the plan.

I just ordered my MNNSHP tickets for sep 15th.. loved it last year and can't wait to do it again! <3

Have you considered a stroller swap? A friend I referred to the "dis" boards got in on a free swap for August and was so happy.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2009, 06:12 AM   #828
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Everything sounds awesome! I'm so excited for you and your family! Yeah!!!!!

If the cost of a decent stroller would be less than an overall rental, then I'd say buy it. You can always sell it later on and recuperate some of your money from it. Can't do that with the rental.

Hmmm...trying to think of something for Bryan....
Old 05-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #829
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
THe crocs are super cute!!!

Glad you decided on the deluxe dining plan and yay for more time at DTD

LaNouba looks so Cool

I love Disney Mail

I can relate with the Magical express. The reservation was in my name and I was the only one not on the booklet when I got it too

Halloween tickets are cute

Getting so close now..a few more days and you will be in the 20s
Thanks Kelly! We are really looking forward to La Nouba! We got a great 30% discount through DVC! My new ME booklet came already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
First of all... love the crocs. I think my poor Cleos are worn beyond hope... at least the brown pair, I better dig the other pair out of the closet and wear them for a while.

Love seeing your MNSHP tickets... that will be so fun. Your kids are the perfect age for that, I cannot wait to do that someday when mine are bigger. DH and I loved it, I liked it better than the Christmas Party to be honest.

Hannah rides in our MaClaren a lot.... it fits her nice, and she is about the same size as Eric right. 90 is a lot less than renting one, I am dreading forking out that money, but we are lots of trips away from not needing a stroller.

So excited about your tickets to Cirque, have you seen one before? We saw O in Vegas... wow! I contemplated getting tickets for DH and I and leaving the kids one night, but I decided that is a lot of work right now. Someday....

Here is hoping you get BLT for your fall trip, that would be awesome.

For Father's Day I did order DH a Mickey tee, the all american one on Disney shopping... he is a patriotic guy so I thought since we are there close to the fourth he would like, maybe Bryan needs it for the fourth of july. (I think he is getting a darn DVD player for Father's Day... ours is acting up and he refuses to get a new one, much to Hannah's dismay!)

Have a great week Diane... love watching those days tick tick tick down!
Thanks Laura! I love the cleos, I have been "breaking" them in and they are so comfy! I went to disney shopping and they didn't have Bryan's size in that shirt I was leaning toward a massage at the SSR spa but he's not a spa kind of guy I hope the next 4 weeks fly by too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Love your new crocs. I tried those on and really like the feel, but my foot is too wide and stuck out a little. I hate wide feet. Deluxe Dining sounds great! Maybe someday we'll try it.

I got my ME stuff this past week too. They misspelled my sister and nieces last names so I called and requested more. How important is it if their names are spelled right on the booklet? I didn't think to ask for a reprint on the booklet too. For now I'm going to wait and see what they send me.

We're down to 35 sleeps. I wish we had a Disney Musical to help speed the time up. We do have the end of school and dance recital to help hurry things along.

Have you thought about renting a stroller from an outside vendor? It would save you having to haul it down there and back, but you would still have it 24/7 while you're there.
That stinks they messed up your ME paperwork too! Spelling the names wrong shouldn't be too big of a deal! I think I am going to splurge and get the Maclaren. Thanks for the tip on the outside vendor though!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #830
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Love the crocs, Diane -- I am a big lover of all things purple!!!

Gotta enjoy Disney mail!!! You are really making me want to go to MNSSHP!
Thanks Jackie!! I LOVE that color purple too. In fact it was my bridesmaids dress color 11 years ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dizney View Post
wow.. how exciting.. glad you are keep the deluxe plan. I was hoping you would especially since I remember this is the last time you could cash in on the child meals on the plan.

I just ordered my MNNSHP tickets for sep 15th.. loved it last year and can't wait to do it again! <3

Have you considered a stroller swap? A friend I referred to the "dis" boards got in on a free swap for August and was so happy.
Thanks Dana! I think I am going to just go ahead and get the Maclaren, I have a target gift card too for $50 so really I will just be paying $40!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Everything sounds awesome! I'm so excited for you and your family! Yeah!!!!!

If the cost of a decent stroller would be less than an overall rental, then I'd say buy it. You can always sell it later on and recuperate some of your money from it. Can't do that with the rental.

Hmmm...trying to think of something for Bryan....
Thanks so much!! I am still thinking for Bryan too
Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #831
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Does Bryan like speed? You could splurge and set him up with the Richard Petty Drive thing. My husband doesn't follow racing but he would love to drive the race car.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-19-2009, 06:19 AM   #832
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does Bryan like speed? You could splurge and set him up with the Richard Petty Drive thing. My husband doesn't follow racing but he would love to drive the race car.

When I first read this, I immediately thought of drugs when you said , " Does Bryan like speed?" I guess that's what working with middle school aged kids will do to you!! A good thought though, I will check it out!!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #833
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

You have my cleos! I absolutely love mine and wear them all of the time.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 05-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #834
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
When I first read this, I immediately thought of drugs when you said , " Does Bryan like speed?" I guess that's what working with middle school aged kids will do to you!! A good thought though, I will check it out!!
That is too funny!!!

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #835
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

I love those crocs and have to find me some. Are they comfy? I just got my MNSSHP tickets too I say buy a stroller here, especially if it's cheaper. I love having ours for DTD and anything else we might need it for. Plus, you can get use out of it at home

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 05-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #836
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Hey Dianne,
Our crocs are identical, great minds think alike : ) Our MNSSHP tickets came in the mail too, aren't they cool! As for the stroller, we're in the same boat and we have a Volo for Lauren and are bringing that, the rental rates are so expensive, plus for late nights to the buses and DTD I'd like to have it.
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 05-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #837
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Love the crocs ... funny that alot of DISers have the same ones. I have looked at them myself but I like buying the jibitz (it's the kid in me). How exciting to receive the MNSSHP tickets ... I love that they have the characters on them.
When my boys were little we bought a couple of inexpensive umbrella strollers that we took to Disney. The were light weight and had a clip-on umbrella for shade. It was definitely nice to have for the long walks to the buses at night. Also, a few times we didn't feel like lugging them with us all day so we even rented a stroller but didn't feel guilty because they weren't too expensive.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #838
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hey! Totally would get the stroller -- We have ours for DS's who will be just turning 4 and 7 this June.... debating double vs. single. Not sure how DS7 will do in the heat... But Maclarens are great -- we have the Quest and the double which has been a great investment! RE the volo, it is roomier across than the others, but doesn't have a sun shade -- however if your DS wears a hat, that solves it. I say good choice!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #839
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
You have my cleos! I absolutely love mine and wear them all of the time.
Thanks Carissa! They are so comfortable!

Quote:
That is too funny!!!
It really was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
I love those crocs and have to find me some. Are they comfy? I just got my MNSSHP tickets too I say buy a stroller here, especially if it's cheaper. I love having ours for DTD and anything else we might need it for. Plus, you can get use out of it at home
Thanks so much! I actually purchased the stroller today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Hey Dianne,
Our crocs are identical, great minds think alike : ) Our MNSSHP tickets came in the mail too, aren't they cool! As for the stroller, we're in the same boat and we have a Volo for Lauren and are bringing that, the rental rates are so expensive, plus for late nights to the buses and DTD I'd like to have it.
Lesley
Yes, great minds do think alike! I bought the volo today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Love the crocs ... funny that alot of DISers have the same ones. I have looked at them myself but I like buying the jibitz (it's the kid in me). How exciting to receive the MNSSHP tickets ... I love that they have the characters on them.
When my boys were little we bought a couple of inexpensive umbrella strollers that we took to Disney. The were light weight and had a clip-on umbrella for shade. It was definitely nice to have for the long walks to the buses at night. Also, a few times we didn't feel like lugging them with us all day so we even rented a stroller but didn't feel guilty because they weren't too expensive.
Too funny that we all have the same crocs!! The jibbitz are so cute, good for you for releasing your inner child!! I bought the stroller today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hey! Totally would get the stroller -- We have ours for DS's who will be just turning 4 and 7 this June.... debating double vs. single. Not sure how DS7 will do in the heat... But Maclarens are great -- we have the Quest and the double which has been a great investment! RE the volo, it is roomier across than the others, but doesn't have a sun shade -- however if your DS wears a hat, that solves it. I say good choice!
Thanks! I actually bought the stroller today and it did come with a sunshade! The stroller is so lightweight, I LOVE it!!
by the way, I saw on your report about you switching your trip dates and upgrading to OKW! Congrats!!
Old 05-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #840
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

JUST HAD TO SHARE THE EXCITEMENT, ONE MONTH FROM TODAY WE WILL BE AT WDW!!

Super stressful day at work today!!!! So glad it is over! I will be posting a fun update later tonight! I am off to get the boys from school!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: