Old 05-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #91
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711;31890959
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"
Two days until our first weigh-in . . . are you keeping yourself on track so you can start this challenge with a bang?[/COLOR]

Have a great day losers!

I thought we were weighing in on Fridays. Is it supposed to be Thursdays?? Sorry if I didn't read something correctly.

QOTD -- Now that the weather is warming up I am thinking of salads. Do you know a good recipe for low cal salad dressing?
I hate to cook, so I can't imagine going to the bother of making my own salad dressing, but I do have a few that are very good that I could suggest. Several of the Paul Newman's light dressings are very good, including the Roasted Garlic light vinagrette and the Sesame Ginger (my personal favorite). Bolthouse Farms makes some very good creamy yogurt dressings that aren't too high in fat/calories. They are found in the produce department.

I like a lot of dressing on my salad and I have found that I can "water down" several different dressings and still enjoy them. I water down the vinegrettes with more vinegar (either rice wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar) and I water down the more creamy dressing with just water. And then, if possible, I make sure I mix up my salad with the dressing on it really well (I put it in a Tupperware and shake it up if possible). That seems to distribute the dressing well and I can use less. ........................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #92
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

I e-mailed my initial weight (as of May 15th) to LuvBaloo this morning, so as I'm in the process of joining, I thought I'd chime in with my QOTD answer!

SALAD DRESSING:
I typically only like vinagrettes - to keep it super low cal, I have a little dish of the dressing, and just dip my fork in it. Then spear the salad and eat. You get a little flavor without drenching the salad. For at home, I just started making my own balsamic - it's just olive oil and balsamic vinegar - sometimes I add spices. The olive oil isn't low cal, but it's a healthy fat and I know exactly what ingredients I put in - no preservatives or added sodium.
My problem with salad is that I don't like it except at restaurants! I hardly ever buy lettuce or salad greens to make at home. That's the habit I need to get into more.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #93
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
Hey everyone, hope you are all having a great day! I've been sort of in limbo since I won the biggest loser through DH's work, I need to get back to the business of losing weight.

Plans for this summer... Lots of walking! Actually this BL works very well, because it takes me right up to our vacation, we are going to DLR for the first time and we are going to see some other sights of California. Can't wait! I need to remember to focus and keep going so I can be happy with the way I look when we go.
Congrats on winning the BL challenge through DH's work. I remember when you started it, that it seemed really intense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I thought we were weighing in on Fridays. Is it supposed to be Thursdays?? Sorry if I didn't read something correctly.
Friday is the official weigh-in day!
I'll post results by the following Tuesday, and any late results will be counted if they get in before I post the results. Any late results that come in after I post the results will still get entered in the master sheet, you just won't show up on the results list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I e-mailed my initial weight (as of May 15th) to LuvBaloo this morning, so as I'm in the process of joining, I thought I'd chime in with my QOTD answer!

SALAD DRESSING:
I typically only like vinagrettes - to keep it super low cal, I have a little dish of the dressing, and just dip my fork in it. Then spear the salad and eat. You get a little flavor without drenching the salad. For at home, I just started making my own balsamic - it's just olive oil and balsamic vinegar - sometimes I add spices. The olive oil isn't low cal, but it's a healthy fat and I know exactly what ingredients I put in - no preservatives or added sodium.
My problem with salad is that I don't like it except at restaurants! I hardly ever buy lettuce or salad greens to make at home. That's the habit I need to get into more.
Welcome! And that's a good idea for handling salad dressing in restaurants. I always get it on the side in restaurants because so often they drown the salad.

QOTD -- Now that the weather is warming up I am thinking of salads. Do you know a good recipe for low cal salad dressing?

Sorry, I have no salad dressing recipes, but I did buy a spray bottle of raspberry salad dressing. The raspberry taste is strong so only takes a little bit to get the flavour, and I think its 10 sprays for 10 calories, and the most I've used is 4.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #94
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Oops! My bad! Weigh-ins are on Fridays. That is just me rushing the week along because of the holiday! Sorry!

Last edited by lisah0711; 05-19-2009 at 03:57 PM.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #95
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Welcome, Princess Bride, and good luck!

Quote:
I like a lot of dressing on my salad and I have found that I can "water down" several different dressings and still enjoy them. I water down the vinegrettes with more vinegar (either rice wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar) and I water down the more creamy dressing with just water.
I do too! I thought maybe I could water down the creamy stuff with some skim milk, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
Sorry, I have no salad dressing recipes, but I did buy a spray bottle of raspberry salad dressing. The raspberry taste is strong so only takes a little bit to get the flavour, and I think its 10 sprays for 10 calories, and the most I've used is 4.
Wow! That sounds like some strong stuff!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #96
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Sorry, I'm not much of a cok so I can't help you out. My dressing comes from the bottle. LOL

The wii fit got on my nerves tonight it said I gained 3.7 pounds since last night. I guess some of it was my 4 glasses of tea at dinner. I have to remember to go to the bathroom before I weigh in.
Sleeping*Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #97
CruiseBoundnKY
DIS Veteran

I'd like to join in if you'll have me.

QOTD - Not a clue. I'm not much of a cook either.

I've actually had the lap band surgery WAY BACK in 2004, but I just haven't made smart choices. I am down from my initial weight of 235, but I'm at 218 now and VERY miserable in my skin.

I'm in definite need of some accountability.

Thanks, Karen
Pop Century March 31 - April 7, 2012 Disney Dream Nov. 27 - Dec. 2; AKV Dec. 2 - 5 Dec. 5 - 8, 2010 Pop Century Nov. 28, - Dec. 6, 2009 Pop Century October 25, 2008 Disney Magic "Halloween on the High Seas" Alternate Western Double Dip May 5-12 2007 Disney Magic "Cinco Dis Mayo" Western Cruise May 2-4 2007 Disney ASMo May 2005 7-Days Sheraton Vistana Resorts Summer 1996 5-Days Can't remember where we stayed
CruiseBoundnKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #98
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Welcome, Karen! Having a community to be healthy with is really helpful. Good luck with your weight loss.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 PM   #99
tink1963
DIS Veteran

I don't have a recipe for dressing, but I do have a favorite. I LOVE Trader Joe's fat free Balsamic Vinagrette. One serving is 1 point and 2 servings is 1 point. I like dressing on my salad and I love salads. This dressing has made giving up Ranch and 1000 Island much easier.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:34 AM   #100
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

I officially PMd my weight to LuvBaloo and will be joining you all. It's going to be itneresting with moving and starting a new job.

I weigh in tomorrow and am just going to start over with Weight Watchers. I'm pretty much at the same weight I was when I started the BL 7 challenge back in January. I realized that my problem was an all or nothing mind set. Instead of taking it in little steps I tried to fix everything at once and then if I made a mistake felt like a failure and called it quits.

My plan is to journal everything this week and get into the habit of it (not counting points). Next week I will start counting points for breakfast (still journalling everything) then breakfast and lunch, then everything. I figure if I tackle one thing at a time and work my way up I might have a better chance of success.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #101
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

to our joinees!!

just reading and trying to keep up with everyone! it's going to be a gorgeous day here...hope your day is fantastic and OP!!

we can do it!!!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #102
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping*Beauty View Post
The wii fit got on my nerves tonight it said I gained 3.7 pounds since last night. I guess some of it was my 4 glasses of tea at dinner. I have to remember to go to the bathroom before I weigh in.
The Wii Fit seems harsh to me at times, too. I use my scale for my weigh ins and the Wii Fit to make sure the direction the scale goes in is the same on the Wii Fit. I always do my weigh ins first thing in the morning because I know that is my lightest weight all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseBoundnKY View Post
I'd like to join in if you'll have me.
Welcome! We always have room for more people to join us. Please be sure and PM your starting weight to LuvBaloo. First weigh in is Friday, 5/22. You may want to read the sticky about the challenge at the top of the WISH boards, if you haven't already. We're help to help and support each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1963 View Post
I don't have a recipe for dressing, but I do have a favorite. I LOVE Trader Joe's fat free Balsamic Vinagrette. One serving is 1 point and 2 servings is 1 point. I like dressing on my salad and I love salads. This dressing has made giving up Ranch and 1000 Island much easier.
That sounds yummy! We don't have Trader Joe's here. Is there one reasonably close to DL? I will be there in a few weeks and could get some to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
I officially PMd my weight to LuvBaloo and will be joining you all. It's going to be itneresting with moving and starting a new job.
This is an exciting time in your life, Jessi. Sounds like you have a great plan to get yourself headed in the direction you want to be going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
it's going to be a gorgeous day here...hope your day is fantastic and OP!! we can do it!!!
We have some clouds and cool front passing through but then nice weather for the next week. I can't wait to get outside and play!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #103
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm needing some help on this one which is why I asked the question. I have been using my regular Litehouse dressing and watching the serving size and tossing my salad really well. I hate to admit I love the creamy dressings and it is hard for me to switch . . . help!

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]!
I don't make my own either, but I love ken's light sweet vidalia onion. It's pretty creamy, and only 80 cal for 2 tbsps. I put a little on sandwiches or burgers sometimes too. I haven't found a low fat ranch that I like. Ranch is my favorite.
The other one I ust tried was Cains fat free blush wine vinaigrette. It's very good for fat free.

I need to clean my house a little before work. My nephew is coming to babysit tonight while I go to an american idol party, and he's bringing his new girlfriend, so I can't leave the house in a shambles. I don't watch american idol, but some friends were having a party, so I'm going. I'm planning on having a glass of wine, and I'm going to bring a fruit platter, and eat dinner before I go. I'm determined not to lose my mind, and go crazy with dips and such.

Have a great day.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #104
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!

Quote:
You did such a good job staying on track at WDW tonight will be a piece of cake (so to speak ). Actually you should have a little cake because I remember when your Mom was so very, very ill. You have to enjoy what you have [U]now[/

We had a salad and a cup of soup while the others had larger meals...we both had a plenty and left full. They did bring out a bowl of ice cream with choc to celebrate, I had a couple of bites but can take or leave it so I was fine. DD baked a choc pound cake to take to her at work today...since it will not be cut until she gets there, I know that she won't be bringing any back home, so another positive there.

We finalized the yearbook and finally got everything submitted so once DS gets finished with his math on the computer I'll be on the phone with tech support for a while. Everyone wants the laptop back up and running and for some reason it isn't being allowed to sign in to our router. I may not be back on until tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #105
lisah0711
her Disney office

Good morning, losers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
I'm planning on having a glass of wine, and I'm going to bring a fruit platter, and eat dinner before I go. I'm determined not to lose my mind, and go crazy with dips and such.
Sounds like a good plan to stay on track at your party, Kathy.

I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I can tell I am going to be draggin' my wagon today so will cheer myself up with a Disney QOTD. I'll go do the shred DVD and that will get my blood pumping! Then I am going to really make sure that I stay on track and don't use being tired as an excuse to do something that I shouldn't food choice wise.

QOTD -- What is your favorite ride at Magic Kingdom or Disneyland?

At the Magic Kingdom, I love Tomorrowland Transit Authority. It is so relaxing to ride and just check things out. It reminds me of the PeopleMover at Disneyland.

At Disneyland, it is a tie between Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion.

Have a great day!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: