Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #31
bobnjenn0828
Mouseketeer

Our plans for the summer include a camping trip to Gulf Shores in June, a camping trip to Fort Wilderness over the fourth of July and another trip to Gulf Shores at the end of July. Then it is back to reality when school goes back and football and cheerleading start again!

The biggest challenge for me I think will be eating out, but we will be camping so mostly eating at the campsite.

Jennifer
FW 7/09,SSR 8/09, SSR 10/09, PC 1/10, AKL 3/10, BLT 1/11, AKL 6/11

Annual passholder 94-97, 02-05,09
bobnjenn0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #32
newholidayx2
Searching for the perfect tree
Do you get bunny kisses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
I have no plans for the summer except possibly foot surgery. I am still waiting to set the date to have my bunion removed. .
I had foot surgery (bunionectomy/osteootomy) May 22nd last year. Took me till early July (day I got out of the boot) to get back to the gym. Early Aug when the stitches were finally out and I could get my foot wet (didnt like using that shower chair!) I was able to spend lots of time at my friends pool.
Good luck with your surgery

Nov 2009 - employed by Disney
Dec 27 2008 - relocated to FL
newholidayx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #33
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
Hi Kathy!

Yep, I actually live in Boston, East Boston to be specific. We usually go to Salem when we have out of town guests, so we end up walking around the central area, doing one of the witch trials, and eating at Red's. I think I'm afraid to go in Oct. I'd like to actually take time to really see some of the sites, rather than hitting the surface. I've been through the House of Seven Gables about three times, so I think I've hit my limit on that one, though!

The Duck tours are awesome! They will let your son drive while you are in the Charles, he will love it! We also want to do one of the graveyard tours at night. I think my ds11 will really enjoy that.

Very nice to meet you, too!

Maria
Ahhh Reds. Now there's some place I won't be going to during this challenge. What a great breakfast they have. My brother moved to western MA from salem, so we usually go there about once a year with them.
I bet your son will love the graveyard tour. It's pretty cool just walking through the old graveyard during the day. I've heard the pirate museum is good too.

Dona- that doesn't sound like a fun summer. It's good you're planning ahead to find things to keep you busy after the surgery, and hopefully it won't keep you down too long. I've not been to the Basketball museum in Springfield yet either, but had heard recently they were in financial difficulties, so I want to go soon. My brother lives near springfield, so we get out there often.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #34
tink1963
DIS Veteran

Today's QOTD is a two part question. Tell us a little about yourself and your goals for this challenge.

Hi, I'm 46, and married to a great guy. We have been together for 25 years and married for 14 years. We are left coasters and I think we live in paradise. I'm an office manager for an auto dealership. I've worked there for 24 years.
I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am currently doing WW and have done it in the past as well. My current loss since my most recent WW return is 32 lbs.

QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?
We don't really have any summer plans. Our long vacation this year is spending a week in the Eastern Sierras for our fishing trip. The wonderful part eating wise on this vacation is we are staying in a cabin that has a full kitchen. We will be preparing all our meals.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #35
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?

I have no specific plans for the summer. I'm hoping that a friend from the WB PC cruise will make it up here for a camping visit, but she hasn't finalized her plans yet. Other than that, have lots of work around the house to do. I am hoping to find a different job and move, but no guarantees when the right opportunity will show up.

DH got the Wii working for me, and I'm down 0.4lbs.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:25 AM   #36
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Well I went to the pool today to find there were classes so I couldn't swim so I got on the low exercise bike thing and did 20 minutes. Didn't feel it was enough so tried 3 different treadmill's fat burner programs- well--tried to figure out 3 only to have one sort of figured out then it got an error so I tried this weird swingy/bouncy thing that seemed posessed and proceeded to kick my rear end for about 40 minutes so I ended up exercising for an hour and 15 minutes. Sat in the jacuzzi for about 20, that was nice but wanted to go to a Scottish festival that was actually really close to our house and did.
Was planning on eating something good there but spent $24 on a great dragon long sleeved shirt for my son who is a 3x so hard to find great clothes for decent prices and spent all my money lol. Got to hear my bags though--really love my bagpipes nothing like hearing them Loud right in front of ya ;-)
So-- did well on eating dinner when I got back. Had leftover meatloaf and a great salad. I was planning on having a hot chocolate and a few chocolate cream sticks as a snack a couple hours later, but started watching the repeat of this weeks biggest loser and remembered I had bought a big thing of kiwi's at Costco so had 2 of those and a glass of wine and I'm fine. I remembered when Jillian visited Helen and she had fruit everywhere-- I do like fruit. It's farm season! I intend to visit the farms at least once every 2 weeks this summer.
I would like to get up to Portland in July when the disney Christmas Carol bus visits. It'll be there before the 4th and that's when we like to go up there to cross the border to get the Good fireworks lol. I was hoping to get a yurt on the coast for that week but was disappointed to find them all rented months ago. (now we know jeez) We like the fireworks around where we live though it's kind of all week everywhere so I asked for the week off this year. Soo- I guess the week of the 4th will be fun and something to look forward to. It's kind of a bummer for me though because I'm from Illinois and the 4th was such a huge deal there and REAL summer if you know what I mean. It's always cold here later...doesn't seem right. And there's no lightning bugs.......at least Washington has those real gold sparklers- not the stupid flare things Oregon sells.
I bought a swimsuit at Costco- a size down from what I was and the dumb thing is kind of loose on the top lol. Oh well- it'll just take some adjusting and I didn't spend much on it if I do lose more weight..:-) I was wondering if I should buy a size 12 instead of 14 but I really hate trying to get a tight wet suit off yech. All of my clothes are getting too big-- it's kind of overwhelming right now. I was hoping to start finding great stuff on the Target clearance rack but everything I've been seeing is ugly. I'm going to be very picky choosing clothes. I know fitting into clothes I love is going to be amazing motivation to maintain. I did manage to grab my bike when I got home today around 4 and hit a few garage sales around my neighborhood. (raided husbands wallet) Didn't find any clothes but I think I will go out of my way to start looking at Craigs list and the paper for garage sales this garage sale season like I used to and ride my bike around to them. I can also use our gps now too to make it easier to drive 'em and go with my Mom and her friend when they go.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:44 AM   #37
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate

DIS Veteran

I'll catch up with you all again after our vacation and HOPEFULLY I won't have gained a bunch while on vacation! We'll be driving to WDW on the 22nd- but when we're back in June I'll try to play catch up with all you guys.

Hope everyone is doing well with their own personal goals!
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
2006 GF RPC & Disney "double scoop" cruise (family trip)
2008 Disneyland & EB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
2009 WDW @ FW & 7nt Western Cruise (family trip)
2010 DL (mom & kids road trip), WB TransAtlantic Cruise (family trip)
2011 DL & Wonder B2B repo & Alaska! (family trip), offsite WDW mom & kids trip
2012 DL Jan/Feb 2012 (w/friend), WDW/Fantasy 6/23/12 (family trip)
2013 Magic Galveston cruise (family trip), July DL (family trip)
2014 WB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
BibbidyBobbidyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #38
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Bibbidybobbidyboo- Have a fabulous trip.

59sJayne- Nice work on the exercise and eating. Sounds like some interesting machines at your gym. Be careful you aren't injured. Fruit is so good, and the local fresh fruits will be coming soon. I made my shopping list, and raspberries are half the price they were last week, so we'll pick up a bunch of them. They're my son's favorite, but I wouldn't pay the crazy prices.

Luvbaloo-Congrats on the loss!! Everyone who has the wii, loves it. I might get it for my son and me next dec b-day/xmas.

Tink1963-congrats on 32 pounds!! That's awesome.

I have had 2 days completely on track, and checking in here really helps motivate me to stay that way. I'm off the the grocery store, and then we're going to see Monsters vs Aliens, and a soccer game this afternoon. It looks like the rain is stopping.

Have a nice sunday.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #39
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!

I missed a couple of days checking in, looks like everyone has been busy. We had yearbook meeting yesterday trying to get everything finished up so we can get it submitted this week. It has been a lot of work for the students but they have done an amazing job. I had a couple of nights of not sleeping so well and that caught up with me yesterday as well. Today is a new day, ready to get more focused on my exercising, drinking water and better portion control. I too need to focus on eating more fresh fruits, veggies are never the problem but the fruits I just don't seem to get in.

Going to get caught up on the QOTD's now...

Today's QOTD is a two part question. Tell us a little about yourself and your goals for this challenge.

I will be 40 this August, have been married for 19 years and have two children - DD-16 and DS-14. We are just finishing up our 7th year of homeschooling and I am so ready for the summer break. We all love WDW and thankfully having DVC allows us to make at least a couple of trips a year with the one after Thanksgiving usually being two weeks. Like everyone the busy family keeps us hoping and does make it a challenge to get the exercise in like I plan.

My goals for this challenge is to lose 10 pounds. I have lost 40 since August 08 and still have a good 25 pounds. The other big goal is to get back into consistent walking at the park, I felt so much better when we were doing that. I am not following a particular plan, just watching the types of food I'm eating and keeping control with the portions.

We just returned from our WDW trip so nothing major happening this summer. We will try to get to the lake some for some relaxing time. DH just came home yesterday and ask if I'd like to make a trip to the mountains for a weekend...I said well we need to talk to DD because she isn't a fan of that and he said oh no, I was talking just the two of us. Hoping for late July for that one. Other than that, we'll be around the house trying to get a few things done and look forward to our next WDW trip in Nov. None of our plans should cause any issues with the challenge.

We have DD's piano recital happening this afternoon and then we'll go out to eat with the family. I'm fixing bacon and eggs for brunch here in just a little while.

It's been great getting to know everyone. I hope you have a great Sunday.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #40
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...

I would love to join this challange if its not too late--
lmk---I am a little bummed about being put on a second blood pressure med on FRiday---and really want to loose weight and eat well-- and I'm tired of feeling like I'm 90.

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #41
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
My summer plans are:

Two of my BIL's are getting married -one next weekend and one the week of the 4th of July- I'm a little nervous because we will be spending some time a few hours away from home for a few days and I won't have control of food while I'm there.

For our Anniversary weekend (22 years) we are taking our DD17 to take a look at the University of Missouri. Hopefully I can do good while we are there.

Then in August we are doing 18 nights at Disney. I KNOW I won't do well there, but the key will be coming home and jumping back on track and quickly before I head to Vegas.

Then for Labor Day weekend I'm going to Vegas to visit my Mom. Luckily I think I can do fairly good by just watching what I eat - At least I know quite a few places that offer decent food.
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/7/14-8/23/14 -15 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #42
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
I also just found out (this week) that the bunion on my left foot is the least of my worries. My arch is extremely flat, there is a third bone spur and then the ankle has arthritis. I am reading everything I can about arthritis do see if there is a better diet to help it. It does hinder me in walking but I know I have to do something because what I have read so far all talks about keeping active and losing weight. Might be hard to do if I do get the bunion removed in June.
Foot problems are the pits! My physical therapist told me that my heel spurs are more like heel spoons. I hope that they find a treatment that works for you soon.

Thank you, too, Donac, for doing the COW for us. I am looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2E's View Post
Nothing healthy to eat this morning! I am so not organized starting this yet, but plan to get it together today! I am one of those people that have a hard time eating right for some reason if I don't have it all planned out. I know it sounds crazy, but if my house is messy it makes it harder for me to eat healthy and exercise. For some reason I just want to be lazier when the house is a wreck. Crazy huh?
Oh, I've been to that party before. I think it is the nasty perfectionist getting in the way. Good job getting your plan together for the week. That really helps me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Well, I just returned from a trip, and other than a beat the heat weekend mid-summer to Prescott, I have nothing till Labor Day. So I'll be focused on eating healthy and swimming all summer long!
Staying cool in the Arizona summer is a challenge in itself and swimming is so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
And in July I have 5 wedding cakes to bake so that will be tricky too. It's not too bad, but I do have to taste the frosting & end product to make sure it is up to my standards and goofy as this is, I hate wasting calories on it. I wish I could just trust my family as my tasters, but I can't. If I haven't tasted it myself, I worry.

Anyway, we also have a pool in our backyard & we spend a lot of time there & grill out a lot. So I should be able to stay right on track with that.
When its your job you do have make sure it is just right. Sounds like you have a good plan to stay on track this summer even with the cake -- plus wedding cakes are so happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
I will have a major obstacle in the Orlando trip. We're staying club and it's going to be hard for me to get out of the "get my money's worth" mentality so I don't overeat. Plus, my favorite restaurant is Margaritaville, I can't say no to volcano nachos -- and you know it's 5 o'clock somewhere
Sounds like you have a good plan to have fun and keep on track. The nice thing about club level (I've stayed at AKL and GC) is that they have fruits and small portions so you can take tastes of things and not be too bad off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Trying hard to find the motivation. Just maintaining has been a struggle though the last month. Doing nothing really this summer, just saving for the next trip to Disneyland, next June.
I've seen your trip pics and know how your hard work paid off. I know that you will find your motivation again and will stay on track this summer. You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Happy weekend!! It's great to see everyone here so motivated. We are all going to succeed at this. It sounds so simple, I just need to think before I eat, yet it can be so hard sometimes.
You're so motivated and happy, Kathy, I know that you will succeed this challenge! That thinking before you eat is a lot harder than it sounds. I have been more aware when I am eating because I am bored or tired -- I try a glass of water with lemon and that usually takes care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newholidayx2 View Post
Soooo with all the stress Ive been under I gained 15 lbs! yikes! time to get it back off - i'll feel better about myself.
Joined gym about a 45min walk away from where Im living. This past week attended 10 gym classes, walked 30min/every day and 4x (2hrs total) on the weight machines.
Sorry to hear about the tough times. Sounds like you have a plan and are moving in the right direction again.

It's great to hear everyone's goals and plans!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #43
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by newholidayx2 View Post
my summer plans? hopefully to get to as many EpCot concerts as possible - lots of groups playing in the America gardens. Get more settled, license back, weight loss, reduced stress and hopefully find a job.
Concerts at EPCOT sound like a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnjenn0828 View Post
The biggest challenge for me I think will be eating out, but we will be camping so mostly eating at the campsite.
I am sure that you can find some camping food that will taste good and be good for you. Plus everything tastes better when you are eating under the stars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1963 View Post
We are left coasters and I think we live in paradise. I'm an office manager for an auto dealership. I've worked there for 24 years.
I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am currently doing WW and have done it in the past as well. My current loss since my most recent WW return is 32 lbs.
Venetia, I am glad that the fires stayed away from you. I hoe that things are going okay at your dealership. My Dad worked for Chrysler for 30 years -- it is a tough time in the car business. Your cabin vacation sounds like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]DH got the Wii working for me, and I'm down 0.4lbs.
Nice job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo View Post
I'll catch up with you all again after our vacation and HOPEFULLY I won't have gained a bunch while on vacation!
Have a safe trip and a wonderful time. Say hello to WDW for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcarita View Post
I would love to join this challange if its not too late--lmk---I am a little bummed about being put on a second blood pressure med on FRiday---and really want to loose weight and eat well-- and I'm tired of feeling like I'm 90.
Welcome! Please be sure and PM your starting weight to LuvBaloo. My blood pressure meds have to be adjusted periodically, too, I think that your body adapts. Good luck in our challenge!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #44
lisah0711
her Disney office

Wow! I was so happy to see everyone checking in.

Running a bit late on a lazy Sunday morning so am a bit late with the QOTD.

QOTD -- What is your favorite Disney song? It can be from a park, movie, play, etc.

I love the song "He Lives in You" The Lion King on Broadway. I also love any of the Pirates songs, especially good old "Yo, ho, yo, ho, a pirate's life for me!"

Have a great Sunday all!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #45
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2E's View Post
I am one of those people that have a hard time eating right for some reason if I don't have it all planned out. I know it sounds crazy, but if my house is messy it makes it harder for me to eat healthy and exercise. For some reason I just want to be lazier when the house is a wreck. Crazy huh?
You know, I think there's a book called "Does All This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat?" and they link clutter to all kinds of emotional/health problems.
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: