Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #991
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Aging myself here, but does anyone else remember a show called Car 54, Where Are You?
I saw 54 on that car, and from far, far in the past, that came to the surface of my brain!
I remember Car 54, but I am not aged I am blessed. I still love riding in these car(smells and all). They bring back memories, the goal is not to hit the rail, unless a child is driving. Then the goal is survive the car jerks and bumps.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 05-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #992
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I had to add park hours to his spreadsheet (yes what a nerd) and EMH since we avoid them!

Looking forward to seeing your list!

I now CP is missing some essentials, but we will still let her DIS!

Poor CP... we love you!
Charles likes me just to tell him everything. He is an auditory learner apparently!

I am going to start my list tonight. It might be long.

Thank goodness I am still allowed to DIS! I wouldn't know what to do with my time.

I love you all, too, since you are the only ones that truly get my Disney obsession!

Quote:
We sure better let Charleston Princess still DIS! She's the life blood of the Trip Reports Board. I think she reads every report in existence and responds to them!
I don't think I read them all, but I sure love the ones I do get to read on a daily basis! They brighten my day!

Dare I say it? Dare I utter the words? (Hanging head in shame).

We've never ridden the Tomorrowland Speedway either.

Going to add it to my list right now.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #993
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

Ya think???
It's high time you started earning these:

If there's a size 1/2 in the letters, you might want to lower the admission of never having ridden the Speedway to that.

Step away from the Dole Whips and ride, woman!!!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #994
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks like Hannah is liking this one!

Aging myself here, but does anyone else remember a show called Car 54, Where Are You?
I saw 54 on that car, and from far, far in the past, that came to the surface of my brain!
MeMom thanks for the Norway pics... I knew you would have some!

Car 54 was before me.. sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Good thing Em's keeping an ever watchful eye on the road, Hannah and her Dear Dad are hamming it up for the camera!
I think she did not know what was going on. She got thrown on it at the last moment... DH said they could both fit so I ran her over to that ride...

Quote:
Charles likes me just to tell him everything. He is an auditory learner apparently!

Thank goodness I am still allowed to DIS! I wouldn't know what to do with my time.

I love you all, too, since you are the only ones that truly get my Disney obsession!

I don't think I read them all, but I sure love the ones I do get to read on a daily basis! They brighten my day!

Dare I say it? Dare I utter the words? (Hanging head in shame).

Your list might be a dandy! I think this ride is on a lot of lists... it takes forever unless you get there super super quick!

Quote:
Ya think???
It's high time you started earning these:

If there's a size 1/2 in the letters, you might want to lower the admission of never having ridden the Speedway to that.

Step away from the Dole Whips and ride, woman!!!
CP you have tried all the great drinks and treats of the world. That counts for something!
Old 05-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #995
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your list might be a dandy! I think this ride is on a lot of lists... it takes forever unless you get there super super quick!

CP you have tried all the great drinks and treats of the world. That counts for something!
I just posted it -- it wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared.

The kids always want to ride it, but when we walk past it, the line always seems huge!

Yes, I have sampled quite a bit of food and drink around the World.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #996
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Tuesday, June 23rd

This day is free until our 4ish ADR for Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic Dining Package. There are lots of scenarios I have in my head:

A- stay late at EPCOT on Monday and sleep in, pool time and head to HS late afternoon. Have dinner, catch a show/something quick and watch Fantasmic

B- go to MK Monday night, stay late, sleep in, pool, and head to HS late afternoon...dinner, show/something quick then Fantasmic

C-get up for RD and head to HS to ride TSM... not sure what else and then have an early rest/swim break before heading to dinner.

D- RD at AK do whatever we missed, want to do again, break/swim and then head to HS for dinner and Fantasmic.

To be honest I doubt we decide this before Monday night.

*****I say sleep in, but we don't really sleep in, ever, especially at WDW. My kids move quick to see the Mouse and friends.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #997
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So I had to change my Ticker... it was off a day and driving me crazy since today we are at one month. So a month from today we will be at WDW!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #998
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

My ticker is a day off, too, but I can't bear the thought of sending Tink back to the start.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #999
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

We've never done the Speedway either, but your family looks like they're enjoying it. I'll have to look at my ticker after this post. Today should be 30 days for us. We started our countdown calendar today.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #1000
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

WOW 1 month! I get to say that on Wednesday! I would vote for sleeping in too but maybe just a relaxing day at the resort would be good too? I was laughing when you put you were looking forward to Indy Speedway! I DESPISE that ride. I am alone in my hatred though because the boys LOVE it and I cannot understand why Matthew can ride alone thank goodness which means Bryan can ride with Eric and I can just wait!!
Old 05-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #1001
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just posted it -- it wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared.

The kids always want to ride it, but when we walk past it, the line always seems huge!

Yes, I have sampled quite a bit of food and drink around the World.
Okay, Okay, so she likes to eat and drink her way around the World, that is not a crime, people! As I mentioned before, CP, we were still looking forward to a drink list, and it does "seem" that you have some experience with the selections.... why, just a few days ago you were talking about a Yak and Yeti and, an Avalanche (wait... was that LL?) slushies, and.. and... So Where is THAT list?!?!? Will be looking for it on your PTR since you now have ALL this time being out of school!

AND I have never been on the Speedway, either. So I read in the UG it is a DUMBO is disguise... meaning cars instead of elephants, and you should treat it the same way -- get on it first! IT is on our list, for sure!

Okay, back to reading. You ladies have been a tizzy of DIS-ing these past 72 hours!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #1002
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I had to change my Ticker... it was off a day and driving me crazy since today we are at one month. So a month from today we will be at WDW!
Quote:
My ticker is a day off, too, but I can't bear the thought of sending Tink back to the start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
We've never done the Speedway either, but your family looks like they're enjoying it. I'll have to look at my ticker after this post. Today should be 30 days for us. We started our countdown calendar today.
Yeah, well mine is off too ... WAY off. BUT that is another story

These tickers remind me of the movie Ground Hog Day!!!

So Happy ONE MONTH TO GO IluvXU!!! 30 days 30 days 30 days!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #1003
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tuesday, June 23rd

This day is free until our 4ish ADR for Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic Dining Package. There are lots of scenarios I have in my head:

A- stay late at EPCOT on Monday and sleep in, pool time and head to HS late afternoon. Have dinner, catch a show/something quick and watch Fantasmic

B- go to MK Monday night, stay late, sleep in, pool, and head to HS late afternoon...dinner, show/something quick then Fantasmic

C-get up for RD and head to HS to ride TSM... not sure what else and then have an early rest/swim break before heading to dinner.

D- RD at AK do whatever we missed, want to do again, break/swim and then head to HS for dinner and Fantasmic.

To be honest I doubt we decide this before Monday night.

*****I say sleep in, but we don't really sleep in, ever, especially at WDW. My kids move quick to see the Mouse and friends.
I think the TBA strategy is the best! We built this in for the trip a few times. I am glad we are, because you are right, you never know and it is good to have options!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #1004
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I had to change my ticker too, it was driving me nuts. My ticker must be accurate.

I am going to do my list today and include it in an update.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #1005
moparop
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo!!! One month away?? Getting so excited for you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: