Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #46
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

Ive been doin Travel class and Magicmeet stuff all day...start school back up on Tuesday morning-cant wait to see the few I get to see in August~

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

tiggerwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #47
Dalpal
Has a brand new granddaughter!
Does not get clever until I have had my coffee.....Thats ok neither does the Tag Fairy
Will try to be good...

Hello TKers,

Busy day today....worked 8-4, and I have the same hrs. again tomorrow...Then Im off for TWO days Ill also be done with training..

I went outside during my lunch break today. Really nice out around here..in the 70s..sunny...Blue skies..Beautiful!

Ann, Sounds like a fun day for you and Tom!...Im ready for a quite evening too!..actually Mikes playing his guitar..as Im DISing..So it is very relaxing....

DU,
Poor Elvis!..
I hope he gets better soon..and you dont really keep them from being Pups..Its just not gonna happen...Unless he's really bad off..and you didnt sound like this is the case...Im sure with your care he will be good as new in no time!

TW,
Busy busy for you too!...Good luck with getting back to school..Youll do great Im sure!

Well Im gonna go...
Its my bedtime...Have a good evening my friends...

TTFN

OUR PAST TRIPS
Apr 96 DL/May 00 POR/May 01 CSR/Jul 03 YC/Jun 04 FQ/Jul 05 POLY/May06 Poly/Jan 07 PC/DCL Wonder/Sep 07 WL/ JUN 08 PC/ MAR 10 FQ/AUG 11 POLY/ APR 12 PC/Aug 12 PC/DCL Dream
Dalpal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #48
Cruisin
If you can't carry it, you don't need it
I keep on posting to things just so I can look at my tags
I love my Captain Mickey antenna topper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISUNC View Post
I usually just like to start/instigate...then quietly walkaway!!!!
Hmm

I never would have suspected that from you

I don't think you can hold puppies, kittens and small children down, no matter how hard you try. It just isn't in them to stay still for very long.

Have a good rest Betsy, I think you deserve it after working so hard.

Ann, sounds like you had a very busy day eating, sleeping and reading
Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #49
sewer
Is it really Monday again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie dust 112 View Post
Oh no!!!!A venom spewing sewer....that is a frightening scenario! Sorry things got bad at work, hope all is ok now and that things get better!
Well I "let" my crew engage in "shop talk" during the day. One of the "shop talkers" complained to HR about the others, and I got in trouble for it. I was told I should have known what was going with them at all times, and quickly put a stop to it. I mentioned when they are in the field I have no idea what they are talking about since I'm not there, and since the "shop talker" never complained I never had an clue something was wrong. Anyway I was reassigned to administration/engineering at a different location.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:38 AM   #50
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewer View Post
Anyway I was reassigned to administration/engineering at a different location.
That stinks!

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #51
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Quote:
Well I "let" my crew engage in "shop talk" during the day. One of the "shop talkers" complained to HR about the others, and I got in trouble for it. I was told I should have known what was going with them at all times, and quickly put a stop to it. I mentioned when they are in the field I have no idea what they are talking about since I'm not there, and since the "shop talker" never complained I never had an clue something was wrong. Anyway I was reassigned to administration/engineering at a different location.
You mean you don;t have spy cams focused on them all day?
Old 05-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #52
Cruisin

Quote:
Yeah, come on sewer

That is a really silly thing

You cannot possibly know what people are talking about when you are not physically there to hear them

Old 05-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #53
Cruisin

We had our street party tonight.

It was decided that we should have a "back to our basic roots" party.

Our street party tradition started about 18 years ago with just the people on our little circle and the street that attachs to it.

Over the years it grew to be very large with people inviting friends etc, so large that it got so that I hardly new anyone who was attending it anymore

So this year it was back to only people who live on these two streets again.

We still had about 35 people but it was very nice.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:39 AM   #54
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Wanna move in with me?

We have an annual clambake that started out as 4 families whose back yard connects. Somehow, 4 or 5 years few ago, it too became huge, people I don't know in my backyard! We decided to go back to the orignals a couple of years ago too. Much nicer when it is the original people. So does the guy who interferes with garbage cans come? Cause I'd like to eve's drop on your conversations!

We had 2 of my sisters and their families over for dinner last night. grilled London broil and pork loin, roasted red potatoes and salad. Simple but yummy.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #55
sewer
Is it really Monday again!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin View Post
Yeah, come on sewer

That is a really silly thing

You cannot possibly know what people are talking about when you are not physically there to hear them

There has been some trouble in our lab (not my dept.), and the company has been in court because of it. They want to make sure it does not happen again, so I became the scapegoat for internal problems.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #56
Cruisin

Quote:
So does the guy who interferes with garbage cans come? Cause I'd like to eve's drop on your conversations!
Nope, they never come

Quote:
There has been some trouble in our lab (not my dept.), and the company has been in court because of it. They want to make sure it does not happen again, so I became the scapegoat for internal problems.
Not really fair is it? It was not something that you had any control over
Old 05-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #57
DISUNC
I cried like a baby watching the last 3 minutes of "The Way We Were"
3 bottles of Soda, A Xtra large Cheese doodles & a plunger! Someone is having a Party...Can I come?
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Went to bed Friday night at 11p, woke up Sat at 12:45pm!!!!

Did food shopping, and My niece, dh James & Makie came over. I BarBques...just hamburgers & hotdogs...corn yadda yadda.

Then we went to a festival on Mainstreet (as usual it was a bust)..This town can't do a thing right!

Then we had a FIERCE Thunderstom roll in around 9pm, lost electricity at 10:00..(didnt come back on into the middle of the night) and now today it is FREEZING out!

So far thats my w/e. Going to the movies tonight with James.Then Tommorrow dad has a appoint with the eye dr cataracts) & James has a dentist appointment (had to keep him out of school)...he has a tooth growing right in the middle of another toot.

Then I go back to work. BUT I work Mon, Tues & Weds this week...then dont go back until the Saturday after Memorial day!

Quote:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH for Kripessake! Reeeeeeeeediculious! Did you tell them you KNOW ME?

Quote:
We have an annual clambake that started out as 4 families whose back yard connects. Somehow, 4 or 5 years few ago, it too became huge, people I don't know in my backyard! We decided to go back to the orignals a couple of years ago too. Much nicer when it is the original people. So does the guy who interferes with garbage cans come? Cause I'd like to eve's drop on your conversations!

We had 2 of my sisters and their families over for dinner last night. grilled London broil and pork loin, roasted red potatoes and salad. Simple but yummy.
MMMMMMM good. Have fun...wear your parka!
Old 05-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #58
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

My niece is 15! She is the youngest of mine and my sister's kids-we are headed over there later for cake~have I told you guys my sister is gonna be a granny? Her 19 yo DS and his girlfriend are due in september. Its a good thing they have a strong support system and Brianne seems to have a good head on her shoulders-I think they will be ok. Apparently she wasnt aware of the bad idea of mixing antibiotics with the pill ~

I am loading pics I took of my friend's band. The web guy is finally adding them to the website-its only been a year in the making. The jerk had the nerve to complain when I got tough on him taking so long to get the update done. I am so over his petty-ness. I like Walt's quote, "keep moving forward." I hate going backwards on stuff and that includes dwelling on kayrap that is over and done with

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

tiggerwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #59
Hollyann
ZJO for just today!
If you see me sleeping, I'm probably dreaming about tags
Can't keep her fingers on the right keys!

Hiya Threadkillers!

Everyone is eating yummy food and having really nice get-togethers....I'm glad!

TW - I like your attitude - keep moving forward. I hope all goes smoothly for your sister's grandbaby as well.

DH and I are off to visit a friend in the hospital. He had what we thought was minor cancer in his lungs and it's spread to his bones and his brain. Unfortunately, he was out and fell, they took him to the hospital and he looks like he's had a stroke....his left side is affected.

Tom is very sad today, they are good friends. The family's arrival is scattered between today and tomorrow, so I'll make a casserole (gobbler cobbler & salad) for them for tomorrow's dinner.

Oh! On a funny note! I was cantoring mass yesterday (voice is better) and in the middle of a song (for those of you Catholic - the Lamb of God) the mike FELL OUT OF THE STAND! Crash, Bam, Boom! It hit the floor like a well mic'd ton of bricks!

What could I do, but get down on my knees, fish the mike up and keep singing! When you cantor on Saturday you are the ONLY singer! Fortunately, we had someone else there as a back-up incase my voice wasn't up to par, so she kept singing! But with only two people and her voice is soft, soft, SOFT! You could really tell.

After mass a friend of mine walked up to me and asked, "Drop something?"

Ya'll take care and I hope you enjoy your Sunday!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #60
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Wanna move in with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISUNC View Post
Went to bed Friday night at 11p, woke up Sat at 12:45pm!!!!

I used to sleep into the afternoon when I was a teenager too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: