Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #61
Disney_Mama
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures and review.... Thank you for sharing.

Disney_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #62
Hull-onian
Mouseketeer

Talking V&a

V&A, it's like heaven.
Hull-onian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #63
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

OMG!

That was outstanding. The pictures were absolutely incredible! Even things I don't really like made my mouth water. (And you have a couple of handsome sons!)

Thank you so much for sharing with us, and sharing your response from the manager.

I'm assuming that you don't need to do the wine pairings, right? Is that the $125 price?

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #64
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Price confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I'm assuming that you don't need to do the wine pairings, right? Is that the $125 price?
Dinner Price = $125
Wine Pairings = $60 (optional)

If you have a Tables in Wonderland card (formerly known as Disney Dining Experience), you can get 20% discount.

Your Pooh picture reminded me of this one

Last edited by ehagerty; 05-03-2009 at 09:22 PM.
ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #65
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

FYI - going again - soon!!

That "once-a-decade experience" I mentioned at the beginning of this thread - HAH!!

Returning May 13th for DS's 21st birthday (at last, someone to help me with the wine pairing!!

Stay tuned for more pictures!!

Old 05-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #66
Jagdcarcajou
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing. DW and I are planning to eat here on our trip, just for the experience, but now that I have seen the food, I can't wait!

"I happen to have no dress in my cabin."
Capt. Jack
Jagdcarcajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #67
ghidorah97
Mouseketeer

I've said it before in some of your other threads, but WOW, you are truly an artist with that camera.

Fantastic review of a fantastic restaurant. Thanks so much for sharing and I can't wait for your update after tonight's dinner!

Enjoy - and Happy Birthday to your son!

-Brad
ghidorah97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #68
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Looking forward to another V&A review. Are you going to CG as well? If so can you ask what is up with the flatbreads being removed from the menu? Also, I'd LOVE a current CG menu if you are going (I'll be there on June 1st ) Thanks!!

Have a fantastic meal and wish your DS Happy Birthday
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~

Last edited by TinkerBelle_325; 05-13-2009 at 12:57 PM.
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:16 PM   #69
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdcarcajou View Post
Thanks for sharing. DW and I are planning to eat here on our trip, just for the experience, but now that I have seen the food, I can't wait!
Let us know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghidorah97 View Post
I've said it before in some of your other threads, but WOW, you are truly an artist with that camera.

Fantastic review of a fantastic restaurant. Thanks so much for sharing and I can't wait for your update after tonight's dinner!

Enjoy - and Happy Birthday to your son!

-Brad
Hey - thanks - I recognize you from the Bocuse D'or thread!. We just had a most memorable meal last night at V&A - stay tuned!! The pictures are uploading (from PC to web host site) as I type. We are heading off to Artist's Point at 5:30, then La Nouba - so I am unlikely to post them here tonight - but sometime over the next couple of days, the amuse bouche should start showing up!

Also - I asked the manager (Israel Perez) what the chances were that Disney would be able to host the Bocuse D'or USA finals again in 2010. He didn't say, but he mentioned that the V&A chef, Scott Hunnel, is married to the woman/chef responsible for the F&W festival. I told him we had IDEAS and would forward them for him to share with here. May have to start a thread just for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
Looking forward to another V&A review. Are you going to CG as well? If so can you ask what is up with the flatbreads being removed from the menu? Also, I'd LOVE a current CG menu if you are going (I'll be there on June 1st ) Thanks!!
As a matter of fact..... I will be at CG tomorrow night (5:30 in case anyone else will be there). I always keep my menus - although, without a scanner, I don't usually post them. I will inquire about the flatbreads for sure - since that is what I was planning to order for myself. Stay tuned.

And now - I really must get other clothes on for dinner, as I am still in my "archery" clothes from that outing today in Ft Wilderness (will have to write that up as well!!)

Lovely evening, all!

Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #70
frdeb1999
DIS Veteran

Absolutely wonderful pictures and review!!!
frdeb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #71
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

OK. So there was pre-dessert gellato, then dessert, then post-dessert snack. My kind of place!!

Very nice. I'm not sure I could do V&A as much as the food looks so good. But I am picky. Nothing interested me (in terms of eating, not your lovely report) until about the entree.

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #72
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
As a matter of fact..... I will be at CG tomorrow night (5:30 in case anyone else will be there). I always keep my menus - although, without a scanner, I don't usually post them. I will inquire about the flatbreads for sure - since that is what I was planning to order for myself. Stay tuned.
I'm glad you had a wonderful meal at V&A and hope you have a great one at CG tonight. More than a full menu, I'm interested in anything new and exciting as far as sushi, first course and dessert go. Thanks!
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
Old 05-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #73
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

CG Flatbreads, and such

The quick update..... before I turn in for the night....

1) Flatbread oven is awaiting repair. They expect it to be fixed, and flatbreads back on the menu, June 2nd.

2) Dinner was great - will be uploading pictures tonight, not sure when I'll be posting. If you are subscribed to CG thread, the details will be there.

3) Yoshe had added a soft shell crab roll (Medusa - you'll understand when you see the pictures) - for as long as it is in season.

4) New chef - Brian - is officially in place (from Animal Kingdom Lodge)

Old 05-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #74
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!
Of course if they *did* start serving alcohol at MK, I would be first in line, but it doesn't rent space in my head or anything

I have not been the DISboards in quite awhile, so I smiled when I saw your revview of V&A's...I love seeing old familiar faces (well, ok, I mean screen names) and your threads ALWAS make me smile.

I have dined at V&A's once, on our 10 year wedding anniversary (which was 2 years ago) and it was such a lovely experience. I don't know when we will get back there, so thank you for sharing such details with us.

BTW, your sons are GORGEOUS!
trying to stay at every resort at least once! only AS, CBR, Poly and GF left!
wildernesslodgelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #75
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
The quick update..... before I turn in for the night....

1) Flatbread oven is awaiting repair. They expect it to be fixed, and flatbreads back on the menu, June 2nd.

2) Dinner was great - will be uploading pictures tonight, not sure when I'll be posting. If you are subscribed to CG thread, the details will be there.

3) Yoshe had added a soft shell crab roll (Medusa - you'll understand when you see the pictures) - for as long as it is in season.

4) New chef - Brian - is officially in place (from Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Just wanted to note that as of June 1st 2009 there were no flatbreads on the menu at California Grill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: