Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #796
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Thanks so much!!! I hope you had a GREAT day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I've tried twice to post on your blog but for some reason I'm unable to. I'm so sorry about Bryan's diagnosis, but at least you will be able to take the measures to keep him healthy! He already takes great care of himself so at this point it's just the diet?
I too battle with guilt about sending Baylor to latch key, but he goes after school. It's hard going back to work full time. So many adjustments!
Sorry about that! I had problems too when I tried to post a comment on a friends blog too I appreciate you coming back on here and replying though! Glad to see I am not alone with my guilt!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #797
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Hope you had a nice Mother's Day Diane ! I checked out your blog and I am so sorry to hear about Brian's diagnosis. Hopefully, it's something you can control with his diet but I am sure it will be a challenge. It is not always easy to eat healthy while raising two young boys and being constantly on the go. I enjoyed reading your blog. As a working mother I also struggle with the guilt of not always being there for my boys. Somehow it is comforting to know that as women and mothers it is something we are all trying to find the right balance.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2009, 05:16 AM   #798
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Hope you had a nice Mother's Day Diane ! I checked out your blog and I am so sorry to hear about Brian's diagnosis. Hopefully, it's something you can control with his diet but I am sure it will be a challenge. It is not always easy to eat healthy while raising two young boys and being constantly on the go. I enjoyed reading your blog. As a working mother I also struggle with the guilt of not always being there for my boys. Somehow it is comforting to know that as women and mothers it is something we are all trying to find the right balance.
Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments!! Yes, there is comfort in numbers isn't there!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #799
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I am blaming you Diane on my Cleo purchases... our Dick's Sporting Goods did not have anymore... so I ordered some online. My two pairs are two years old and well worn.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #800
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I am blaming you Diane on my Cleo purchases... our Dick's Sporting Goods did not have anymore... so I ordered some online. My two pairs are two years old and well worn.
I had a croc problem yesterday! I ordered the boys each a new pair too At least they were on sale!! I be sure to comment on how lovely they are if you are wearing them and we bump into you guys!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #801
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Thanks!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU all for your wonderful words of wisdom, kindness and support! They meant the world to me!

Well as of tomorrow we are officially in the 30's!!

Bryan has spent alot of time on allears looking over all of the menus and that coupled with information from Jackie(Charleston Princess) we have decided to stick with the deluxe plan. There are many options that are appropriate and safe for Bryan!

Also, I have been shopping again I hit the crocs outlet and Dick's Sporting Goods. I got Cleos and I bought Scutes for the boys. When the boys arrive, I will take pictures and post!

I still need to figure out our tipping budget, mousekeeping money , print out itineraries and too much more to type

Countdown looks like this..........

27 days left of school
19 days until Mary Poppins
39 days until Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good night!
Diane
Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #802
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeay for being in the 30s and all the other countdown numbers!!!

And hip hip hooray for sticking with the deluxe plan!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #803
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
I just wanted to say THANK YOU all for your wonderful words of wisdom, kindness and support! They meant the world to me!

Well as of tomorrow we are officially in the 30's!!

Bryan has spent alot of time on allears looking over all of the menus and that coupled with information from Jackie(Charleston Princess) we have decided to stick with the deluxe plan. There are many options that are appropriate and safe for Bryan!

Also, I have been shopping again I hit the crocs outlet and Dick's Sporting Goods. I got Cleos and I bought Scutes for the boys. When the boys arrive, I will take pictures and post!

I still need to figure out our tipping budget, mousekeeping money , print out itineraries and too much more to type

Countdown looks like this..........

27 days left of school
19 days until Mary Poppins
39 days until Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good night!
Diane

We have 23 days of school - I count teacher workdays. I wish I had Mary Poppins to go to... I can't wait to hear about that show...
Old 05-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #804
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

So glad to hear that with help of others you were able to keep the deluxe dining plan

Yay for being in the 30s

Can't wait to see your new purchases
Old 05-12-2009, 04:56 AM   #805
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

This next month is going to FLY BY!!!

Will you be reporting while in Disney or waiting to post until you get back?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #806
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yeay for being in the 30s and all the other countdown numbers!!!

And hip hip hooray for sticking with the deluxe plan!!!
Thanks Jackie, for everything!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
We have 23 days of school - I count teacher workdays. I wish I had Mary Poppins to go to... I can't wait to hear about that show...
Thanks Laura! 23 days is GREAT...27 stinks, well now it is 26!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
So glad to hear that with help of others you were able to keep the deluxe dining plan

Yay for being in the 30s

Can't wait to see your new purchases
Thanks Kelly! I hope the crocs come soon, the kids are excited to try them out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
This next month is going to FLY BY!!!

Will you be reporting while in Disney or waiting to post until you get back?
We will have our laptop, so a live update may happen every now and then!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #807
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Please Help!

Hey everyone! I am pleading with you all to please help me! I have been stressing about this all day. I have to warn you, this is long but PLEASE take the time to read and give me your honest opinions.

OK, even though Bryan looked at the menus on allears and said the deluxe will still be fine, I am having 2nd thoughts and here is why. I started thinking about how much time will be taken up eating meals. I thought at first it might be a great escape from the heat but then so is the pool. I started thinking about eating counter service breakfasts at Saratoga and what a PAIN that would be because...if we get our request of Grandstand, we will be walking over to the Springs almost every morning to eat. Does it make sense to walk all the way back over to the Grandstand just to be at the first bus stop? The Springs is the last bus stop! Next, if we do downgrade, there are a few nights that were 2 credit meals that I would now be scrambling to find 1 credit meals. Also, we would still pay OOP for our coveted 8:05 breakfast ressies which also incur the "summer surcharge" which is about $20 per buffet and we have 3! We would also still buy mugs which come with the deluxe but not the regular. That is $50 altogether. Will we be to hot to want to eat so much? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am really stressed about this decision. I also don't want to get there and start paying OOP for certain things and then it all adds up to the cost of the deluxe in the 1st place I think being at SSR is a problem as it isn't condusive to convenience! I am also worried about the temptation that Bryan would face with all that eating. BUT on the deluxe he could at least get some nice suitable appetizers where on the regular plan it is only an entree and dessert! PLEASE HELP, what would you do?

Diane

Old 05-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #808
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Hey everyone! I am pleading with you all to please help me! I have been stressing about this all day. I have to warn you, this is long but PLEASE take the time to read and give me your honest opinions.

OK, even though Bryan looked at the menus on allears and said the deluxe will still be fine, I am having 2nd thoughts and here is why. I started thinking about how much time will be taken up eating meals. I thought at first it might be a great escape from the heat but then so is the pool. I started thinking about eating counter service breakfasts at Saratoga and what a PAIN that would be because...if we get our request of Grandstand, we will be walking over to the Springs almost every morning to eat. Does it make sense to walk all the way back over to the Grandstand just to be at the first bus stop? The Springs is the last bus stop! Next, if we do downgrade, there are a few nights that were 2 credit meals that I would now be scrambling to find 1 credit meals. Also, we would still pay OOP for our coveted 8:05 breakfast ressies which also incur the "summer surcharge" which is about $20 per buffet and we have 3! We would also still buy mugs which come with the deluxe but not the regular. That is $50 altogether. Will we be to hot to want to eat so much? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am really stressed about this decision. I also don't want to get there and start paying OOP for certain things and then it all adds up to the cost of the deluxe in the 1st place I think being at SSR is a problem as it isn't condusive to convenience! I am also worried about the temptation that Bryan would face with all that eating. BUT on the deluxe he could at least get some nice suitable appetizers where on the regular plan it is only an entree and dessert! PLEASE HELP, what would you do?

Diane

Diane,
Here is what I would do, keep deluxe, do most of your breakfasts as sit downs if possible in the parks, etc. on days you don't do that, have small breakfasts using snack credits (fruit, doughnuts, muffins, etc.) and do deluxe sit downs for lunches or dinners on those days. That's just my oppinion.
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #809
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane.. geesh sounds like we think a lot alike! looks like you have been running the numbers like crazy and I would do the same thing. Figure out the full cost of the deluxe plan.. then figure out the regular. add in those mugs.. and the extra oop meals.. If it comes pretty close to each other I would say to go for the Deluxe plan. Even if you don't take full advantage of it, you will not have the stress of worrying about OOP meals etc.. Just having the extra appy choices alone may be worth it to keep it. If Brian has the mindset that he is not going to "pig out" at every meal, (and it sounds like he does have that mind set) then you guys will be fine. Go for it, relax and have fun.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #810
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Okay Diane,
I would not want to hike for breakfast either, and since you have DVC accomodiations you could have some breakfast in the room, cereal, simple stuff. I think that a meal to get out of the heat is helpful, but I too am not a huge fan of the time it takes to do all these big meals. I cannot imagine carving out time for two sit down meals each day. Are there meals you would give up till your next trip, you have so many in the works. I would prioritize the meals you really want and see how the $$ works out. I agree the surcharge is a total bummer on the meals, it does add up. Also can Brian eat healthier at a CS, and if you pay for those OOP, you don't have to get desserts.

We also found last summer and the previous year that we ate less due to the heat...

I am not sure if I helped, I wish I could.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: