Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #91
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

It's not you, it's your tension with nature. You know, Casear Milan says tension in the leash when walking the dog transmits down the leash and to the dog, thus causing tension in the dog. Perhaps nature senses your tension and becomes tense around you. Or, it could just be that nature doesn't like you. . . .
Old 05-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #92
teachallday
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
Our immediate problem after lunch was that Pal Mickey wanted to go on “It’s tough to be a bug” real bad. . . . After what seemed like an eternity of dangling spiders and rampaging rodents, we emerged from the attraction apologizing profusely to DD Woob….who was no longer speaking to us. Pal Mickey was doing his best to comfort her….all the while shooting me a dirty “I told you so” look over her shoulder…..which is a total load of bull because he’s the one that wanted to go on it in the first place. Thanks a lot Pal Mickey…..hang me out to dry why don’t you.
I am beginning to wonder if Pal Mickey's passing was really as innocent as you have lead us to believe. We currently have two suspects with a motive.

1) DD Woob, once she realized it was really Pal Mickey that got the family on "It's Tough to be a Bug"

2) Dad - - because Pal Mickey "hung him out to dry"

hmmmmmm - - - Your cover story is starting to have holes in it. Who did you have investigating his death? Goofy? Minnie and Pluto are not going to be happy if it was really murder.

WDW 1975
WDW 1982 (Camp Grounds)
WDL 2006
WDW 2009 (Contemporary)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #93
cclovesdis
Warning: Boring!

Just found your TR. I love it!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #94
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

What a great TR...hoping that there will be lots more!

Offsite 1992 ASMusic 2004 Pop Jan 2008Pop Jan 2010Pop Jan 2012
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #95
Peter Panic Attack
sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety coupled with a refusal to grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
It's not you, it's your tension with nature. You know, Casear Milan says tension in the leash when walking the dog transmits down the leash and to the dog, thus causing tension in the dog. Perhaps nature senses your tension and becomes tense around you. Or, it could just be that nature doesn't like you. . . .
You know....now that you mention it...ever since I started walking our dog he's become a nail biter......and I think he's chain smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachallday View Post

hmmmmmm - - - Your cover story is starting to have holes in it. Who did you have investigating his death? Goofy? Minnie and Pluto are not going to be happy if it was really murder.
I'm not too worried about Minnie. Pluto, on the other hand....is rumored to have some pretty unsavory connections. *cough cough mafia cough cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclovesdis View Post
Just found your TR. I love it!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannago2disney View Post
What a great TR...hoping that there will be lots more!
Thank you....so far this TR is progressing like a season of "24" so I'm just hoping I can finish it in my lifetime.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey
Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died II - Saving Mr. Panic Attack
Old 05-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #96
Peter Panic Attack

Chapter 13 – We’re still at AK right? Just checking

AK sometimes gets treated like it’s the Ringo Starr of the WDW parks but we always have a great time there. It’s just so jungly. Sure, sometimes you get lost for a couple of days but that’s all part of the fun. In fact, my theory is that DeVine is actually a tourist who got lost on the way to Camp Minnie-Mickey and was eventually just absorbed by the jungle. Well….I didn’t say it was a good theory.

Speaking of Camp Minnie-Mickey (how’s that for a segue), that’s where we were headed next because we had us a hankering for a little “Festival of the Lion King”. Tinkershell’s non-negotiable itinerary was basically just for the morning, so we were at the point in the day where we get to free-lance a bit. Hmmmmm….although it still seemed like Tinkershell was calling all the shots…..and she did still seem to be consulting her thick leather engraved journal o’ itinerarys quite a bit. Nope…probably just a coincidence. She promised we were playing it loosey goosey…..although she seemed to have trouble making eye contact when she said it.

Pal Mickey insisted he that could lead the way….so he plunged into the nearest bush with the family in tow. Pal Mickey didn’t do the “beaten path”…..he always took a shortcut. I guess he just loved the challenge. Anyway, after wandering lost through Discovery Island for a time…..where we didn’t see DeVine by the way….but we did meet a nice Dr. Livingstone who seemed to have gotten a little muddled as well…we finally emerged near the bridge to Camp Minnie-Mickey.

At this point, we were hustling double-time to FTLK because…as you all know…. if you get there late you end up stuck in the giraffe section….and I’m not buying the whole “giraffes go bleet” story they’re trying to sell us. I’ve been to the zoo plenty of times and have yet to hear a giraffe go bleet. From my experience…..they basically just stare and chew. Hence….for the sake of authenticity…..it is my strong belief that the people in the giraffe section should be instructed to stare and chew rather than bleet. If you are as outraged about this affront to nature as I am....and, curiously, few are.... I’ll be circulating a petition after the TR. Please sign it and pass it to your neighbor.

The last time we were at FTLK, we were in the elephant section….which was a good news/bad news scenario. The good news was that I do a top shelf elephant impression. In fact….on one occasion I was doing my impression at the zoo and ended up briefly engaged to a sweet young elephant named Sophie. Poor little thing had already picked out our china pattern before we cleared up the unfortunate misunderstanding. The bad news was that the elephant section spent the whole show looking at the business end of Simba...which frankly....it not his best side. This year we were in the lion section. Is my lion as good as my elephant? Probably not….but few things are.

See....that's the elephant section back there behind Simba's booty

FTLK was on our “must-do” list for AK and, once again, it did not disappoint. By show of hands…..who else loves the acrobatic monkeys. I know. Those little buggers are flipping all over the place...although I wasn't aware that the trampoline and trapeze were found so abundantly in the jungle. OK…also by show of hands….how many people are disturbed by how gigantic Timon’s head looks when he’s standing next to real people. Yup…it’s pretty freaky. In fact, it gives me nightmares. He’s like the elephant man or something. I bet he has to sleep sitting up. They should make him wear a burlap hood. In fact....I'm going to add "Timon needs a burlap hood" to the petition because that's how strongly I feel about it. Seriously....he's hideous.

Next up: Chpt 14 - How to bungle the jungle parade.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Last edited by Peter Panic Attack; 05-20-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #97
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

I love FTLK too! It's one of the only places that you can make animal noises in public and not get stared at! I also agree with the whole AK shaft theory. As we've previously discussed, I love the animals, thus making this park in the top two, MK wins first.

P.S. Poor Sophie!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #98
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

lovin your trip report

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
Old 05-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #99
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
I love FTLK too! It's one of the only places that you can make animal noises in public and not get stared at! I also agree with the whole AK shaft theory. As we've previously discussed, I love the animals, thus making this park in the top two, MK wins first.

P.S. Poor Sophie!
Ah yes....poor Sophie. However, I believe it was English poet Alfred Lord Tennyson who wrote "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"....or was that Alfred Pennyworth....tireless butler, confidante and surrogate father figure to Batman....I always get those two mixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
lovin your trip report
Thanks. I'm glad your enjoying it.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #100
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

I love FOTLK too! I also don't buy into the whole bleeting thing so I'm glad someone out there has the same opinion. Lovin' the trippie!

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 05-13-2009, 02:12 AM   #101
allison k
I'm a lurker, not a poster!

I think teachallday might be onto something... Maybe you're just trying to butter us up with these oh so sweet stories of your Pal Mickey when in reality you're trying to cover up your guilt...

Ahem...I think I might give Pluto a call! Capiche!
11/94 - Contemporary - Honeymoon * 8/97 - Dixie Landings - DCI Finals * 8/98 - Brother's Apartment - DCI Finals * 7/00 - Coronado Springs - Last WDW trip before parenthood * 12/02 - Port Orleans - First WDW trip as parents * 2/05 - 4 Day Land/4 Day Sea - AKL/Wonder * 3/29/06-4/12/06 DVC - VB/MAGICal Eastern Carribbean/DVC - BWV Our First trip home! * 12/10/06-12/13/06 - 3 nights at the Grand Californian on points! * 7/15/08-7/27/08 - SSR - 7/27/08-7/31/08 Vero Beach * 7/5/09-7/17/09 - OKW

2/13/11 - The "Wonder"ful Mexican Riviera

Last edited by allison k; 05-13-2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: too many sweets for me!
Old 05-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #102
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran

Egads, I'm at the end already? Enough lollygagging, must have more! Chop chop!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #103
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
I love FOTLK too! I also don't buy into the whole bleeting thing so I'm glad someone out there has the same opinion. Lovin' the trippie!
All it takes is for a few good people to speak out against the fallacy of giraffe bleeting and I think we'll see a positive change......although possibly not in our lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison k View Post
I think teachallday might be onto something... Maybe you're just trying to butter us up with these oh so sweet stories of your Pal Mickey when in reality you're trying to cover up your guilt...

Ahem...I think I might give Pluto a call! Capiche!
When people cross Pluto.....they wind up missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn View Post
Egads, I'm at the end already? Enough lollygagging, must have more! Chop chop!
I pride myself in taking lollygagging to a new level. In fact, I'm very highly esteemed in lollygagging circles. I'm kind of like their king....the king of lollygagging.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #104
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
When people cross Pluto.....they wind up missing.
perhaps we should stay clear of Pluto then until this TR is finished....

Offsite 1992 ASMusic 2004 Pop Jan 2008Pop Jan 2010Pop Jan 2012
Old 05-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #105
Peter Panic Attack

Chpt 14 - How to bungle the jungle parade

Tinkershell is a parade nutjob….so is Pal Mickey for that matter. Those two will set up a lawn chair on the curb for garbage pick-up day and cheer wildly as the truck goes from can to can…..that’s how much they love a parade. Oh sure….the rest of us enjoy parades too…we just try to maintain some healthy boundaries…because that’s what sane people do. That being said, we end up watching a lot of parades, because….like the old saying goes…the squeaky parade nutjobs get the grease. And nobody was squeakier than Pal Mickey…because…you know….he’s a mouse.

AK’s temporary fix for Tinkershell and Pal Mickey’s spiraling out of control parade addiction was “Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade” ….although at Christmas time AK sneaks a “jingle” into the name in place of the “jammin’”. We had seen the jammin’ version of the parade two years before but we were in uncharted waters when it came to the jingle version. Ah…the suspense. How does AK transform a parade from one that jams to one that jingles? That’s the question. To be honest….I had my doubts that it could even be done. Tinkershell and Pal Mickey assured me that it could…..with smug little know-it-all expressions on their faces….which I detest.

After much careful deliberation, we decided to stake out our spot on the parade route in the vicinity of “Flights of Wonder”. How did we come to that conclusion? Well…I could tell you …but then I’d have to ask you not share it with anyone else. Anyway, this wasn’t our first rodeo….or parade for that matter…. so we grabbed our preferred viewing spot about 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. Tinkershell, Pal Mickey and DD Woobie sat down on the curb right next to the parade ropes….because apparently they think they’re something special. DS Buddy and I….who aren’t under the impression that the world revolves around us…..chose a more discrete spot back against the Flights of Wonder wall.

While we were patiently waiting for the parade to appear, DS Buddy decided to take off his shoes and socks to air out his soggy feet from KRR earlier in the day. That’s when we got our first glimpse of his pruny feet. Oh the humanity. When he unveiled those feet a wave a panic swept through the park. Small children cried and grown men trembled. DS Buddy’s feet had turned a ghostly white and were completely covered in wrinkles…..even his wrinkles were covered in wrinkles. Pal Mickey said he’d never seen anything like it. Of course, he’s never taken a bath before either….because of his unreasonable fear of water.

For awhile, DS’s ghastly deformities worked in our favor because if anybody tried to crowd our parade spot I just grabbed one of his ankles and waved a disfigured foot in their face. This was extremely affective...although I did feel a bit guilty when I saw the horror in peoples eyes. Sadly, all goods things must come to an end and…..over time…his feet began to look like feet again instead of soggy clumps of cauliflower and the huddled masses began to creep in…..like a sinister fog.

So what do you do at WDW when you’ve got time to burn? Easy…you people watch…and we had a prime spot. Just off to our left was a cement planter. This planter was the perfect height for a bench and was in a perfect spot for parade-watching. Unfortunately, this planter was located inside an area designated for non-parade-watcher traffic flow and…..hence….was forbidden. Ahhhh, the sweet allure of the forbidden bench. DS Buddy and I must have watched a hundred people plop their little behinds down on that planter….only to be shooed away by a vigilant CM….whose only apparent responsibility in life was to guard the forbidden planter.

Plop….shoo…..plop…..shoo. It was fascinating. As the crowds grew, the plopping became more frequent….and the shooing became more difficult. It was a epic battle for the ages…reminiscent of Waterloo or San Juan Hill. People became increasingly belligerent but the trusty Knight Templar of the forbidden bench held her ground. On numerous occasions, I was sure she would falter but…by pure grit and determination…she was able to hold her position until the parade began.

Ok, so here is how we bungled the jungle parade. As I mentioned earlier, we grabbed our parade spot 30 minutes before the start of the parade…..the start of the parade mind you. Unfortunately, the Flight of Wonders building is at the end of the parade….and this is not a fast moving parade because they have all those people-operated contraptions weaving back and forth like Lindsay Lohan attempting to pass a sobriety test. We waited dang near an hour before we saw any signs of parade activity…..but we learned a valuable lesson that day. We are not smart.

Next up: Chpt 15 – I’d like to leave a wake-up call for the end of this TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: