Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #781
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Struggles!

Hey everyone! Sorry for the big delays in posting things have been absolutely CRAZY around here. Matthew had state testing at school last week, the boys were gearing up for a Cub Scout trip this weekend, after school meetings, I had midterm progress reports to do and recently we have been dealing with a difficult personal situation. I have started a blog, as a place to put my thoughts, I thought it would be kind of theraputic. If anyone is interested here is the link....

http://adaywithdiane.blogspot.com/

Onto the trip news!!!

Thanks to Kelly aka Trentmom, we have discovered that in fact there will be a MNSSHP on 11/1 so I called today and bought tickets!!!! Thanks again Kelly, that good news sure came at the right time!

We also might be downgrading from the deluxe dining plan to the regular plan, Bryan has some new issues that may not make the dxdp valuable.

I called today and checked on our Magical Express info and I am glad that I did. They did not have Eric on our reservation So I checked with our DVC reservation too and sure enough he was on that!

6 weeks from today we will be in Disney!! We are all so looking forward to this vacation! Also, I scored on a pair of crocs I got the cleos in black and lilac(they are so cute) for $19

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of you wonderful moms out there!!!

Diane

Old 05-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #782
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Diane,
Hi! I just checked out your blog, so happy you started one, it is TRULY therapy, isn't it. I love having that outlet. I AM SO SORRY for Bryan's news, how devestating! What were his signs? I worry about that for Tim, his mom is a diabetic. So what dining ressies did you cancel/stick with as a result, great decision for your family, especially with the new news. They can cook meals just for him being a diabetic, but I bet you know that.
Great news about the MNSSHP!!!! We got our tickets in the mail this week, SO EXCITED!
Happy Mother's Day to you too, hope you have a great day!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #783
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
OMG!!! Kelly, thank you so much for this info!!!!

You are right!!! That is GREAT news that I could sure use right about now!!!
anytime girl. Glad you can go now
Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #784
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Diane,
I read your blog... I will keep you all in my prayers!

I totally know what you mean, we have been super busy lately too, the end of the year is exhausting!

Where did you get the Cleos at that great price? I want another pair....

Have a fantastic Mother's Day!

Laura
Old 05-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #785
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Diane, just read your blog. I am so sorry! Charles is diabetic and was diagnosed at 35 -- it was a life adjustment, but one that, while it seemed overwhelming to start with, gradually became just another part of our lives. He now has to take insulin, but that is manageable, too. Any questions that you have, please feel free to PM me!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #786
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

I read your blog. THat is such a good idea to get everything out, very therapeutic

I am sorry to hear about Bryan. Like Lesly said, the chefs at Disney are so accomodating and I am sure you all will still have great meals

Glad you got your tickets

Happy Mother Day's
Old 05-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #787
Happydog
DIS Veteran

I am happy to hear that you were able to get the MNSSHP tickets. That is good news to lift your spirits. Your DH sounds healthy and fit. You are right Diabetic isn't a death-sentence... I am sure it is hard all around, but I also think it is more of a challenge when things are out of our control. That our actions and behaviors can't change the impact of these things -- eating right, exercising, etc., for instance. It makes us feel less certain when we can 't know the future because we are not calling the shots. But the unfamiliar will become familiar, and once that happens, dealing with this new challenge will become second nature. You have a lot of support and a lot of good in your life. This won't change that.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #788
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane,
I just read your blog. So sorry about Bryan's health. My aunt had really bad diabetes, needed insulin. She never took care of herself and drank a bottle of Pepsi everyday and never ate a vegetable in her life. She lived to be 70 somehow. The good thing is Bryan takes care of his health and has you and the boys in his life.

Congrats on getting MNSSHP tickets so glad to here there was a party on the 1st after all. I have been crazy busy too, just that time of year. Hardly even update anything on my pre trip. I'll do better when we get back though. Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #789
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I read your blog and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Great news about the party tickets.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 05-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #790
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane,
so sorry to read about Bryan's diagnosis. My brother was diagnosed with diabetes at age 14. That was well over 20 years ago. It's always there but you do get used to it. My daughter Jenna's best friend was diagnosed last summer at age 14. In fact our summer trip is based around a children's diabetes convention at WDW. Tell Bryan to keep his chin up. Learning some basic diet modifications and keeping track of his blood sugar will go a long, long way and hopefully keep him off insulin as well. It's a big change in life but it WILL get better once you get used to it.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #791
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day, Diane!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #792
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I just read and commented on your blog too.

Great news about the party happening on Nov. 1st afterall!

Happy Mother's Day Diane!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 05-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #793
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Diane,
Hi! I just checked out your blog, so happy you started one, it is TRULY therapy, isn't it. I love having that outlet. I AM SO SORRY for Bryan's news, how devestating! What were his signs? I worry about that for Tim, his mom is a diabetic. So what dining ressies did you cancel/stick with as a result, great decision for your family, especially with the new news. They can cook meals just for him being a diabetic, but I bet you know that.
Great news about the MNSSHP!!!! We got our tickets in the mail this week, SO EXCITED!
Happy Mother's Day to you too, hope you have a great day!
Lesley
Thanks Lesley! Thanks for posting on the blog too! Yes, I did know that they would cook special meals for him but thanks for the info! We are so excited about MNSSHP! We aren't 100% yet on the dining switch because Bryan wants to look over the menus first and then I guess we will decide! His symtems were really classic actually, very thirsty, urinating alot, cranky and tired (which is SO unlike him). I am sure Tim will be OK, he has lost so much weight and exercises regularly. Bryan's family history is AWFUL...hid dad, uncle, grandfather on his dads side and his grandfather, grandmother and 2 uncles on his moms side have it! I hope you have a great Mothers Day too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
anytime girl. Glad you can go now
Thanks Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Diane,
I read your blog... I will keep you all in my prayers!

I totally know what you mean, we have been super busy lately too, the end of the year is exhausting!

Where did you get the Cleos at that great price? I want another pair....

Have a fantastic Mother's Day!

Laura
Thanks so much Laura, I really appreciate it! I got the Crocs at Dick's sporting goods, the were $18.99! I sure hope the rest of the school year goes by fast! Have a GREAT Mothers Day too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Diane, just read your blog. I am so sorry! Charles is diabetic and was diagnosed at 35 -- it was a life adjustment, but one that, while it seemed overwhelming to start with, gradually became just another part of our lives. He now has to take insulin, but that is manageable, too. Any questions that you have, please feel free to PM me!
Thank you so much Jackie! You made me feel better and I will definitely be PMing you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I read your blog. THat is such a good idea to get everything out, very therapeutic

I am sorry to hear about Bryan. Like Lesly said, the chefs at Disney are so accomodating and I am sure you all will still have great meals

Glad you got your tickets

Happy Mother Day's
Thanks Kelly! I am sure Disney will be very accomodating!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I am happy to hear that you were able to get the MNSSHP tickets. That is good news to lift your spirits. Your DH sounds healthy and fit. You are right Diabetic isn't a death-sentence... I am sure it is hard all around, but I also think it is more of a challenge when things are out of our control. That our actions and behaviors can't change the impact of these things -- eating right, exercising, etc., for instance. It makes us feel less certain when we can 't know the future because we are not calling the shots. But the unfamiliar will become familiar, and once that happens, dealing with this new challenge will become second nature. You have a lot of support and a lot of good in your life. This won't change that.
Thanks for the pep talk, it was GREAT!! We are so excited to go to MNSSHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Diane,
I just read your blog. So sorry about Bryan's health. My aunt had really bad diabetes, needed insulin. She never took care of herself and drank a bottle of Pepsi everyday and never ate a vegetable in her life. She lived to be 70 somehow. The good thing is Bryan takes care of his health and has you and the boys in his life.

Congrats on getting MNSSHP tickets so glad to here there was a party on the 1st after all. I have been crazy busy too, just that time of year. Hardly even update anything on my pre trip. I'll do better when we get back though. Happy Mother's Day!
Thanks Nichole! I am hoping that because Bryan does take such good care of himself that he can keep it under control! Thanks for your kind words!! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I read your blog and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Great news about the party tickets.
Thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dizney View Post
Hi Diane,
so sorry to read about Bryan's diagnosis. My brother was diagnosed with diabetes at age 14. That was well over 20 years ago. It's always there but you do get used to it. My daughter Jenna's best friend was diagnosed last summer at age 14. In fact our summer trip is based around a children's diabetes convention at WDW. Tell Bryan to keep his chin up. Learning some basic diet modifications and keeping track of his blood sugar will go a long, long way and hopefully keep him off insulin as well. It's a big change in life but it WILL get better once you get used to it.
Thanks so much for all your advise and sharing your story, it really helps!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Happy Mother's Day, Diane!
Thanks Jackie, you too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I just read and commented on your blog too.

Great news about the party happening on Nov. 1st afterall!

Happy Mother's Day Diane!
Thanks Carissa, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day too!!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #794
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #795
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I've tried twice to post on your blog but for some reason I'm unable to. I'm so sorry about Bryan's diagnosis, but at least you will be able to take the measures to keep him healthy! He already takes great care of himself so at this point it's just the diet?
I too battle with guilt about sending Baylor to latch key, but he goes after school. It's hard going back to work full time. So many adjustments!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: