Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 07:47 AM   #106
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.
 
Rora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I just got our MNSSHP tickets for 9/22! I'm so excited! I've heard this party is an awesome time! I was thinking about dressing up but I don't think I have the time or patience to make a costume. I definitely want some Halloween themed Mickey ears though!

On a completely different topic, has anyone ever eaten at Chefs de France? I'm not very big on French food (they eat snails for goodness sake!) but I'm a big fan of Ratatouille and really would like to see Remy. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I just saw that Remy will only be there until September 5. I'm gonna just miss him!
I'm so excited you're going to MNSSHP!! We went 2 years ago and LOVED it. We made shirts because we didn't want to wear full blown costumes thinking that..
1. We'd be really hot (we would've been)
and
2. That we'd be the only adults dressed up (uhh, we definitely weren't!).

We made shirts that said Aurora (pink) and Phillip (blue) on them. And I wore a tiara. We got so many compliments from the CMs saying that we had the right idea since it was so hot out. But, Jenny, you really should find a way to dress up. We will brainstorm shirt ideas!

I ate Chefs de France a while ago but remember enough to know that I probably wouldn't eat there again. It's not that it wasn't good, it just wasn't for me. I am not a fan of French food at all (except crepes) and would've preferred to go to another place for the amount of $$ we spent. BUT, I would go just to see Remy but since he won't be there I think you're better off going somewhere you liked the food.

Great update!! I wish the trip was like, tomorrow!
__________________
Me-Rory, 24 and DH-Jackson, 25
Rora is offline  
Old 05-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #107
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer
 
pinkpixie0920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 448

I love all your new clothes! That dress is so cute. Yay! you got your MNSSHP tickets. My DH is still against going but I am thinking we might end up there
__________________
Brian NancyEthan Emma Ace Wizard
~Oct 2006-CSR~Nov 2008(Honeymoon)-WL~Sept 2009-BCV~July 2010-SSR~Oct 2010-VWL~Feb 2011-AKV~Oct 2011-BCV~Aug 2012-BW~Sep 2012-BCV~Dec 2012-BCV~Sep 2013-Poly(club level)~Nov 2013-VWL~
pinkpixie0920 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #108
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
I'm so excited you're going to MNSSHP!! We went 2 years ago and LOVED it. We made shirts because we didn't want to wear full blown costumes thinking that..
1. We'd be really hot (we would've been)
and
2. That we'd be the only adults dressed up (uhh, we definitely weren't!).

We made shirts that said Aurora (pink) and Phillip (blue) on them. And I wore a tiara. We got so many compliments from the CMs saying that we had the right idea since it was so hot out. But, Jenny, you really should find a way to dress up. We will brainstorm shirt ideas!

I ate Chefs de France a while ago but remember enough to know that I probably wouldn't eat there again. It's not that it wasn't good, it just wasn't for me. I am not a fan of French food at all (except crepes) and would've preferred to go to another place for the amount of $$ we spent. BUT, I would go just to see Remy but since he won't be there I think you're better off going somewhere you liked the food.

Great update!! I wish the trip was like, tomorrow!
That's a cute idea for shirts!! Do you have pictures? Joe loves Wall-E so I was thinking of making shirts that say Wall-E and Eve. You can help me design them.

Remy will be gone Sept 5 so it's not even worth going to Chefs de France if he's not there anymore. I don't think it would be my kind of place either. I looked at the menu and was just thinking 'what is this stuff?'

I wish the trip were tomorrow too! It's like all I can think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
I love all your new clothes! That dress is so cute. Yay! you got your MNSSHP tickets. My DH is still against going but I am thinking we might end up there
Thanks!! I love the Loft.

Why is your DH against going?? What does he have against free candy?? Would you go the 22nd if you do decide to go? Maybe I'll see you there!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 05-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #109
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer
 
pinkpixie0920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Thanks!! I love the Loft.

Why is your DH against going?? What does he have against free candy?? Would you go the 22nd if you do decide to go? Maybe I'll see you there!
He is not a huge halloween fan. Yeah if we go it would be the 22nd. Are you dressing up?
__________________
Brian NancyEthan Emma Ace Wizard
~Oct 2006-CSR~Nov 2008(Honeymoon)-WL~Sept 2009-BCV~July 2010-SSR~Oct 2010-VWL~Feb 2011-AKV~Oct 2011-BCV~Aug 2012-BW~Sep 2012-BCV~Dec 2012-BCV~Sep 2013-Poly(club level)~Nov 2013-VWL~
pinkpixie0920 is offline  
Old 05-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #110
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
He is not a huge halloween fan. Yeah if we go it would be the 22nd. Are you dressing up?
I love Halloween! I don't think we're going to dress up though because it will be too hot and the costume idea I had would have to be made, not bought. I wanted to go as Super Mario & Princess Daisy. I think I'm just going to make us t-shirts of them though or maybe Wall-E and Eve.
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 05-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #111
stacikristine
DIS Veteran
 
stacikristine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,657

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Have you been to MVMCP or P&PP? I had a blast at both of those but I hear MNSSHP is the best of all 3. I'm planning on doing something like that too: making Halloween shirts or wearing Halloween colors. Plus my ears!
No, I haven't been to either of those. But the Halloween party is SO CUTE! The "Boo To You" parade is awesome. And it's a lot of fun just walking around. The kids trick-or-treated and got TONS of characters' autographs. Be sure to stick around...later on the villians come out for pictures, etc. It was one of my favorite parts!
__________________
Hubby (Michael) & Me (Staci) Baby Boy

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

stacikristine is offline  
Old 05-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #112
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
No, I haven't been to either of those. But the Halloween party is SO CUTE! The "Boo To You" parade is awesome. And it's a lot of fun just walking around. The kids trick-or-treated and got TONS of characters' autographs. Be sure to stick around...later on the villians come out for pictures, etc. It was one of my favorite parts!
I've heard the Headless Horseman at the beginning of the parade and the Haunted Mansion float are not to be missed! I'm planning on hitting every trick-or-treat spot. I can't wait!!!!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 05-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #113
hmdavid
DIS Veteran
 
hmdavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: here, there, everywhere
Posts: 2,615

We went to MNSSHP last year and it was awesome! You will have a great time! The kids dressed up for the evening and my husband and I each bought POTC tshirts, he bought a Jack Sparrow hat with dreads and I bought the pirate Minnie ears. It was silly but sooooo fun! The headless hoseman is very cool, but don't blink, you will miss him! I love Hallo Wishes. I thought it was amazing! We had so much candy last year that we left most of it behind! If we would have had room to bring it home I would not have had to buy candy for trick or treaters!

There are a couple of DISigners on the Creative DISigns board that have designs for MNSSHP if you want to check those out for tshirts. Another easy costume that we thought about was Mouseketeers. White shirts with names, black shorts and mouse ears.
__________________
~Heather
hmdavid is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #114
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
We went to MNSSHP last year and it was awesome! You will have a great time! The kids dressed up for the evening and my husband and I each bought POTC tshirts, he bought a Jack Sparrow hat with dreads and I bought the pirate Minnie ears. It was silly but sooooo fun! The headless hoseman is very cool, but don't blink, you will miss him! I love Hallo Wishes. I thought it was amazing! We had so much candy last year that we left most of it behind! If we would have had room to bring it home I would not have had to buy candy for trick or treaters!

There are a couple of DISigners on the Creative DISigns board that have designs for MNSSHP if you want to check those out for tshirts. Another easy costume that we thought about was Mouseketeers. White shirts with names, black shorts and mouse ears.
I can't wait for MNSSHP! It's going to be so much fun and we're going to be on a sugar rush from all that candy. I'm definitely going to be picking up minnie pirate ears for the pirate night on DCL. I'm looking forward to that a lot too!

Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely go check that board out.
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #115
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.
 
Rora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I love Halloween! I don't think we're going to dress up though because it will be too hot and the costume idea I had would have to be made, not bought. I wanted to go as Super Mario & Princess Daisy. I think I'm just going to make us t-shirts of them though or maybe Wall-E and Eve.
Wall-E and Eve would be super cute!!! Mario and Daisy would be really cute as well but I feel like you'd have to be full blown dressed up and trust me, you wouldn't want to be all dressed up.

I will try to find our MNSSHP pics and send them your way!!!
__________________
Me-Rory, 24 and DH-Jackson, 25
Rora is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #116
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
Wall-E and Eve would be super cute!!! Mario and Daisy would be really cute as well but I feel like you'd have to be full blown dressed up and trust me, you wouldn't want to be all dressed up.

I will try to find our MNSSHP pics and send them your way!!!
Joe liked the Wall-E and Eve idea so we'll probably stick with that. He went shopping for summer clothes yesterday (for the first time in YEARS) and I tried to convince him to by a t-shirt with Grumpy on it and it read 'I'm Bringing Grumpy Back' but...no sale. Ah well.

Thanks!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #117
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.
 
Rora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Joe liked the Wall-E and Eve idea so we'll probably stick with that. He went shopping for summer clothes yesterday (for the first time in YEARS) and I tried to convince him to by a t-shirt with Grumpy on it and it read 'I'm Bringing Grumpy Back' but...no sale. Ah well.

Thanks!
Hey- do we share men? My DFiance refuses to shop for clothes!!

Too good about that shirt.

I am PMing you a picture of our MNSSHP shirts!! I'd share with the group but it's not a very flattering picture (it was raining, I look drunk and tired ).
__________________
Me-Rory, 24 and DH-Jackson, 25
Rora is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #118
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
Hey- do we share men? My DFiance refuses to shop for clothes!!

Too good about that shirt.

I am PMing you a picture of our MNSSHP shirts!! I'd share with the group but it's not a very flattering picture (it was raining, I look drunk and tired ).
The best thing was, he was just picking up clothes and throwing them over his arm. He didn't even try anything on. I mean, shirts pretty much look the same on guys but he didn't try any of the pants or shorts on!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #119
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.
 
Rora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
The best thing was, he was just picking up clothes and throwing them over his arm. He didn't even try anything on. I mean, shirts pretty much look the same on guys but he didn't try any of the pants or shorts on!
Hmm.. maybe we are dating the same man? Or is this just a common man theme?
__________________
Me-Rory, 24 and DH-Jackson, 25
Rora is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #120
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
Hmm.. maybe we are dating the same man? Or is this just a common man theme?
I'm pretty sure it's a common theme. He was so proud of himself for buying new clothes. And of course, since we were already at the stores, I just had to buy something!



__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: