Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #76
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
OMG I have a lot of catching up to do here. How did I miss this much? See...dang TR causes me trouble sometime! Well first off I have to say we love the MSB too! If we were closer that's the only place the boys would get their hair done. They LOVE it. I will tell ya...once DS got the blue hair gel in his head and IT DID NOT COME OUT! We had to wait for his hair to grow out. He has super white hair (well, he did before that....then it was light blue) . Disney tried everything...they gave us clarifying shampoo. Offered to dye his hair (which I was like NFW!) They returned the money for all three haircuts and hooked the kids up w/ a bunch of toys. It looked like Christmas that day. Stuff everywhere! OMG. Anyway, watch out for that gel!

I can't wait to get back to the cabins! We love it over there! So nice and peaceful and the inlaws said we could use their golf cart when we go. THAT will be nice.

YUM! Teppan Edo. My kids' fave too! (And mine as well...must add that.) I love everything about that place. We have a lot of Hibachi here too but at WDW everyone there seems so authentic. The servers have such deep accents and that's so cool!) Here ya might have the blonde hair blue eyed surfer boy serving your hibachi. I am starving now.

Oh and one last thing...love the older pics. I am a sucker for the older stuff. So cool to see how much everyone changes. GREAT updates girl!
LOL! Your TR gets a lot of traffic, that's a lot of (fun) work to keep up on. Love the flower pics by the way

OMG the blue gel staining would have freaked me out. I'm glad I didn't know that. This is the episode that scared DS8 from ever putting color in his hair again.

He's got REALLY dry skin and still had some cradle cap (which I didn't realize) and the colored spray actually fried his skin/scalp. It was awful!

Of course...DS9 probably wouldn't have minded if the top of his head stayed lime green!

A golf cart would be a ton of fun, we couldn't justify the cost but the kids would have loved it and we could have squished. If we stay at the cabins again it'd be fun to have one for a couple of days at least!

Thanks on the old pics....I have so few from that trip I went digging this morning. Found the 2001 DL pics which are a hoot and found all my TRAVEL docs from 2004 (maps, KTTW, etc) but not a single picture. I think my mothers day mantra will be to organize all the pics, it is a disaster down there! I just got my shutterfly book from this trip and it is SOOO cute it makes me want to go back and do one for each of our vacations but...have to find the pics and either upload them, or scan them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Okay... someone else posted they just noticed you had a TR, so I don't feel quite so bad admitting it myself!

Off to work now, but will be back later to read in it's entirety!

Kathy
LOL! Considering you've got 2 going on right now (TR and PTR, right?) you are pretty darn busy. And considering I'm only on day 3 and that's taken me 2 months....it's not a very popular TR! Trying to work on it though.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #77
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Poor baby. I was always scared that stuff would color my hair. I had really white hair as a kid.

The golf cart rentals are expensive! My in laws have one though and they said we could use it. If they don't let us I think my neighbor will load us his. Maybe.

I loved Ft Wilderness though. There was so much to do over there. I can't wait to get back.

You sound like me. I've spent the past couple of days getting pictures in order. I have to order a clandar and now I can't decide on which 12 to use.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #78
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Poor baby. I was always scared that stuff would color my hair. I had really white hair as a kid.

The golf cart rentals are expensive! My in laws have one though and they said we could use it. If they don't let us I think my neighbor will load us his. Maybe.

I loved Ft Wilderness though. There was so much to do over there. I can't wait to get back.

You sound like me. I've spent the past couple of days getting pictures in order. I have to order a clandar and now I can't decide on which 12 to use.
Calendar's are brutal. I didn't do one this year lol!

The Fort is the best. I can't believe how many trips you have in one year...so not fair! You'll get to test out the new water slide, very fun, the kids are very focused on staying there again versus anywhere else so they can try it! Kind of cute.

I am so dying to go again this year and it is SOOOO not going to happen
Old 05-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #80
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I forgot to say last time how jealous I am that you got to see Off Kilter. I started falling for two of those guys when I first saw pictures posted in someone's TR.

Awesome towel animals!!

Loved the old pictures.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 05-08-2009, 12:44 AM   #81
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I forgot to say last time how jealous I am that you got to see Off Kilter. I started falling for two of those guys when I first saw pictures posted in someone's TR.

Awesome towel animals!!

Loved the old pictures.
I need to poke around online and see if I can find their music. They were REALLY good. We could have watched a whole set and DS16 was none to happy about being drug away (and none too happy that we couldn't get better pictures!). Of course in his case that just means quiet but I felt bad.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #82
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

On the subject of old pictures...I wanted to share these

They are from DL but oh...I was shocked when I dug these up at how clear they really were from a '01 Advantix camera! I can't recall Spectromagic at WDW as even though I KNOW we saw it in 04, I have a shocking lack of pictures. I need to ask my mom about that!

and...

my dad

Hard to see those mickey ears in the dark but let me tell you, the man has gotten an amazing amount of wear out of that hat!
Old 05-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #83
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

All caught up now.... Yay!

I love the old parade pix!

I have a 19 yr old stepson who was able to join us for part of our vacation in '06... those school schedules are horrible to plan around! Anyway, your report reminded me how much fun it was to see the "big" 16 yr old brother play with the "little" (8 and 10 yr old) kids at Disney...

Kathy
Old 05-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #84
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Wow! What delightful updates here! Totally enjoyed the photos then and now! And the towel zoo you came home to! I really enjoyed the Wilderness cabins when we stayed there (only one night but fun!) What a fun surprise I am sure that was!

Looking forward to the rest of your trip!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #85
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-15-2009, 12:52 AM   #87
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Wow! What delightful updates here! Totally enjoyed the photos then and now! And the towel zoo you came home to! I really enjoyed the Wilderness cabins when we stayed there (only one night but fun!) What a fun surprise I am sure that was!

Looking forward to the rest of your trip!
Thanks for reading! I love the cabins, I'm sure we will be back. Not the next trip (can't see my MIL there lol) but one of these days!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #89
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Check it out! Off Kilter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSD will be stoked lol.

Off-Kilter's Website

Off kilter video
Cool! Jamie and Mark are my favorites.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 05-29-2009, 01:31 AM   #90
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

And once again, I am woefully behind! Not only in my own TR but in reading others! A relatively good reason though. A 4 day get away with DH (no kids), followed by a short but intense work week, a holiday weekend which included the stomach flu or food poisoning for yours truly and now another short work week. Whew! I plan to get back on top of things this weekend! But...in the meantime a few "date trip" pictures.

Remind you of anything? Anywhere?

more to follow... it was a GREAT trip!

Last edited by eandesmom; 05-31-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: