Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
ColeV
Mouseketeer

Nicole & Evan's PJ: 12/29/2009 SBP/Ariels

Hi everyone! I've been around the boards for a little while, but since we're doing our planning session tomorrow, I figured I should get around to a PJ!

I'm Nicole and my fiances name is Evan. We met over 7 years ago in high school and started dating soon after. Evan is actually a couple years younger than I am, so when I went off to college (Ball State) he ended up going to an academy on that campus, then on to Purdue. Flash forward a few years later and I live in Williamsburg, VA as a tailor (I think you can guess for what company) and Evan is currently in the Navy, doing school in Charleston. The military thing has made planning this wedding pretty difficult, but we're hoping it'll work out!

He proposed to me last December (with some mischief from my friends). They got me to go to an evening performance (18th century ball) with them one weekend. Unknown to me Evan had driven up from Charleston, they had gotten him a full 18th century silk suit from work, and he was waiting to surprise me at the end of the show. When they invited him in, it took me a few seconds to recognize him! Well, it went off beautifully and my friends were smiling about it for days. Turns out half of where I work knew about it before I did!

As for the wedding, since I'm a theatrical design person, it's going to be a 1930s style gala. I'm sure I'll have a lot more details soon, but for now I can say I'm not only building two gowns for me, but Evan's morning suit as well. My two bridesmaids are seamstresses as well, so they're making their own gowns. I think part of the reason we're doing a Disney wedding is so I don't try to do everything myself! I'm already making the invitations and favors on top of the sewing projects (I did give in and purchase the top hats though).

We'll be meeting with our wedding planner (Ken) tomorrow, so I'll be trying to add lots more after that!

Last edited by ColeV; 01-04-2010 at 10:33 AM.
ColeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

oooh my goodness i cannot wait for more plans!! congrats!! i hope tomorrow goes okay, let us know!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Wow!! a 1930s style gala sounds awesome!! I can't wait to hear more from you and all about the planning session. Welcome to the boards!!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

WOW your plans sound great,and very unique! I love your avatar btw...Snow White is my favorite
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
Ann117
DIS Veteran

I can not wait to hear more sounds like you will have many unique ideas.
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
ColeV
Mouseketeer

Well, Monday was great, if not a little overwhelming! I just flew home this afternoon, so I don't have time to go through it all right now (but soon!). So, here's my inspiration board I put together. We're using a lot of silver, navy, aqua blues, and some copper. For decorations think orchids, mercury glass, and palms.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #7
DISNEYMAGIC2005
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeV View Post
Well, Monday was great, if not a little overwhelming! I just flew home this afternoon, so I don't have time to go through it all right now (but soon!). So, here's my inspiration board I put together. We're using a lot of silver, navy, aqua blues, and some copper. For decorations think orchids, mercury glass, and palms.

Congrats on your engagement. Can't wait to hear about you PS. BTW I love your inspiration board. We are using navy blues and silver and pink for our wedding. And I really love the silver and blues together.

I'm lucky i'm in love with my best friend.... and that he puts up with my WDW craziness!
DISNEYMAGIC2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #8
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Ooh!! How exciting! I can't wait to see more of your plans!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
rumrunnergirl
DIS Veteran

Last edited by rumrunnergirl; 10-20-2011 at 01:46 PM.
rumrunnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #10
ColeV
Mouseketeer

I suppose this is the point where I'd put up pictures of my gown, but seeing as 10 yards of silk doesn't look like much, that's going to have to wait a couple months! Hopefully I'll get my sketches uploaded soon though. In the mean time, I can put up pictures of the top hats and the fascinator I just got this week (squeal!).

While on the subject of accessories, my bouquet is going to be the vintage layed-out style with cala lilies and orchids. I'm going to go on the hunt for a vintage brooch to pin to the wrapped stems soon. Adding that to the list along with hair combs for the BMs, a silver purse, and something for my hair at the reception. Why is it that the guys get off so easy with all this? I picked Evan up some cufflinks last week and all he needs now is a tie-tack. Eh, but I'd miss the feathers if I was a guy.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
ColeV
Mouseketeer

I actually had time off last night, so I got some sketches done and uploaded! These are the two gowns I'm in the process of building:

It's going to be out of an off-white silk charmeuse, and possibly a silk velvet for the jacket.

This is for the reception and I managed to find a real silk lamé in silver (not the scary spandex kind). I'm going to have a shoulder wrap piece with long strands of beading (inspired by Ginger Rogers).
Now I just have to make sure I don't eat so much at the reception that I bust out of the gown!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeV View Post
I actually had time off last night, so I got some sketches done and uploaded! These are the two gowns I'm in the process of building:

It's going to be out of an off-white silk charmeuse, and possibly a silk velvet for the jacket.

This is for the reception and I managed to find a real silk lamé in silver (not the scary spandex kind). I'm going to have a shoulder wrap piece with long strands of beading (inspired by Ginger Rogers).
Now I just have to make sure I don't eat so much at the reception that I bust out of the gown!
That is stunning! I seriously love the design!! Soooo beautiful!!

Bob xoxoxox
Old 05-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #13
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

OMG I love all of your ideas - I adore vintage and 1930s - your dress sketches are amazing too - I want to read more!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #14
Ann117
DIS Veteran

You are so talented
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #15
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

ooo I love everything! I'm doing an Art Deco theme myself.

My MOH just moved back to VA, well it's almost been a year , but she's going to William and Mary for Grad School. I love Williamsburg. I always say that whereas most kids had annual passes to Disney etc., I had one to Colonial Williamsburg, still have mine from when I was 5 lol.

Can't wait to read more
spacerangerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: