Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #151
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
Just read your PTR! What a great trip you guys are going to have! I love how your DH is so excited about Family Movie Night and meeting Buzz! My dh "tolerates" Disney for me and the kids.
Hi there! Glad you found us! My DH likes to "pretend" on occasion that he tolerates Disney too but we don't buy it! He is just a big kid and totally gets into it!

Old 05-03-2009, 05:31 AM   #152
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Only 3 more days! I can't believe it! The time has just flown by! I can't believe we're already going back! But now that this trip is all ready what will I spend my time planning Another trip of course! DH called the travel agent yesterday and booked us our very first trip just the 2 of us! When we went in the 80's we went with my DF who was on business.We've since gone many times as a family but this is a first! We haven't taken even a weekend away since Caitlin was a baby so this is completely new to us! We are staying just 3 nights at Pop (might actually make it there in Sept) with Free Dining and we'll catch the Food & Wine Fest and MNSSHP! I'm so excited! We'll miss little Shopaholic but I promised her we'd go at Halloween after she graduates college. So now there's another trip to plan and most importantly we must decide what to wear to the party?!! Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to hear them!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2009, 07:18 AM   #153
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

it's so close now! Yay for a trip at Halloween! can't wait to see your costume choices!

Old 05-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #154
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Only 3 more days! I can't believe it!

So now there's another trip to plan and most importantly we must decide what to wear to the party?!! Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to hear them!
Yeah for 3 more days!!!!!! I am so excited for you! All my favorite pretrippies are getting ready to depart!

I finally got to see you old pics. Couldn't see them the last time I posted - stupid work computer firewall! They are great.

I am excited that you decided on the solo trip. When are you going. DH and I will be there 9/20 - 24. I haven't booked airfare yet, cause I still worried we might have to cancel. We are planning on the party, too. I haven't even started to think about a costume! You are way ahead of me!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #155
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yeah for 3 more days!!!!!! I am so excited for you! All my favorite pretrippies are getting ready to depart!

I finally got to see you old pics. Couldn't see them the last time I posted - stupid work computer firewall! They are great.

I am excited that you decided on the solo trip. When are you going. DH and I will be there 9/20 - 24. I haven't booked airfare yet, cause I still worried we might have to cancel. We are planning on the party, too. I haven't even started to think about a costume! You are way ahead of me!
Thanks! We are going Sept 28-Oct.1.( We wanted to wait until the F&W Fest started.) Too bad we'd just miss you! In reality it is much too early to be thinking of costumes but I am a planning addict! When DH and I were at the Disney Store they had a Hannah Montana wig & boa set on clearance. I thought it would be great if DH was Hannah and I was her dad BUT I just couldn't convince Workaholic that he'd make a lovely Hannah. Not sure why he wouldn't want to be a 16 year old girl for Halloween.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #156
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Thanks! We are going Sept 28-Oct.1.( We wanted to wait until the F&W Fest started.) Too bad we'd just miss you! In reality it is much too early to be thinking of costumes but I am a planning addict! When DH and I were at the Disney Store they had a Hannah Montana wig & boa set on clearance. I thought it would be great if DH was Hannah and I was her dad BUT I just couldn't convince Workaholic that he'd make a lovely Hannah. Not sure why he wouldn't want to be a 16 year old girl for Halloween.
You know, I can't imagine why he wouldn't want to be a 16 year old girl for Halloween either, unless the costume came with some of her millions!

I really wanted to go to disney during the start of F&W, but I have a coworker her is leaving that week for a 3 week safari, and I'm not talking the Animal Kingdom type. So, alas, I had to go the week before. Poor me. Actually, I really hope it is a slow week. So Far we are still staying value. No recent urges to upgrade!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 AM   #157
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Only 2 more sleeps now! It is really getting close! Yesterday I called down to WDW and ordered a couple suprises for 2 of our dinners! I'm so excited! But sshh it's a secret so don't tell Caitlin! Ok yeah she knows I ordered something but she doesn't know what. Hopefully this makes up for last year. What happened last year you ask? Well long story but here goes..... Last year we were in WDW celebrating Caitlin's graduation and I had preordered a graduation cake. However, on our first day there our dog got hurt. She somehow managed to turn on our bathtub faucet and then freaked out and ran through the screen door and my when my DM came over to feed her (she lives 5 mins away) she found her stuck! And bloody! We thought we'd have to go home so we cancelled all our adr's that we'd spent months planning! Well my DM & DSF, my DF and a friend of Caitlin's all graciously took turns caring for her (she had to be given meds and have ointment applied to the wound) and we ended up staying (at their insistance) and had a wonderful yet slightly stressful trip. But no special cake so hopefully a special treat will make up for that and also celebrate her great first year of college. As for our dog... she healed beautifully after recieving lots of TLC! She is 14 and we love her to death and have been begging her to stay out of trouble this time! Hopefully some will keep her out of trouble! Well if I'm leaving in less than 48HOURS! I better go get some done!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #158
MEK
DIS Veteran

What a crazy story about your dog. Here's to no cancelled ADR's or surprises!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #159
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

woohoo! i can't believe you guys leave so soon! have a great time and i cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:03 AM   #160
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What a crazy story about your dog. Here's to no cancelled ADR's or surprises!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
woohoo! i can't believe you guys leave so soon! have a great time and i cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!
Thank you both! Well 24 hours from now we will be on a plane headed down to the Happiest Place on Earth! I can't believe we'll be back there tomorrow! I'm so excited!!! I have been busy this morning! I have already gone through the airline check-in process and printed our boarding passes and gone to Steve Soares and placed his entertainment times in our itinerary. I then retyped and printed the new and improved itinerary. On most of our trips we have bi-passed the live entertainers in Epcot in a rush to catch the "rides". But when we were there in Dec. my DM was in a wheelchair and it forced us to go at a slower pace. We actually stopped and smelled the roses and we found out how much we'd been missing! We caught almost all the holiday storytellers, a part of an Off Kilter show, the French Waiter and the WS Players. We loved it all! I made sure I put showtimes in this itinerary so we can enjoy more of what Epcot has to offer. In MK I added the times for the new Stitch show in Tomorrowland. This should be fun since it supposed to be similar to Turtle Talk with Crush which is great fun! I have more to do to get ready so I should go get busy! If you have any last minute ideas or suggestions for us PLEASE SHARE! Thanks!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #161
MEK
DIS Veteran

My only last minute suggestion for you is to take lots of pictures for your TR and have an awesome time! Here's to less than 24 hours to depature!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #162
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Hope your having a wonderful time on your trip We got back yesterday and had a blast , probaly one of our best trips we had Hope to get our trip report up and running within the next couple of days , can't wait to read yours when you get back
Old 05-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #163
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone! We are back from an amazing week at WDW! We had an awesome time and can't wait to share with all of you. Some of the things we can't wait to tell you are....which rare characters we met for the first time in 12 trips........what meals impressed and which one was awful...which ride we rode 8 times!!..about our Dis meet....and about some of the absolutely crazy things we witnessed! So hope you stick around and we will get our trip report started!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #164
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

welcome back! so glad you had amazing time (although I had NO doubt in my mind you would!)! get workin on that trippie!
Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #165
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about the trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: