Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #751
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

A little update.

Yesterday was my docs appt again and the midwife checked me for dilation. I've been feeling off too (maybe because i've been running around cleaning, building shelves and stuff). So she got in there (oooh the pain!!!! Nobody ever told me about the pain!!!!) and said "You're 2" dilated and your cervix is very stretchy. Go home, get some rest and drink lots of water. I have a feeling you won't make it to your due date next week (may 10th).".

My eyes bugged out!!!! AAAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm NOT ready... yes I am... no I'm not... holey crap!!!!!

So I came home and rested. So far no baby yet today...
Told DH about what the doctor/midwife said and when he came home we finally took the carseat out of the box and put it in the car... We tried it on my Stitch to see if we know how to adjust it...

BTW, for all of you who's had your cervix checked how much spotting/bleeding do you get afterwards?

ps: I still have no idea what contractions feels like... is that weird or what?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #752
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
A little update.

Yesterday was my docs appt again and the midwife checked me for dilation. I've been feeling off too (maybe because i've been running around cleaning, building shelves and stuff). So she got in there (oooh the pain!!!! Nobody ever told me about the pain!!!!) and said "You're 2" dilated and your cervix is very stretchy. Go home, get some rest and drink lots of water. I have a feeling you won't make it to your due date next week (may 10th).".

My eyes bugged out!!!! AAAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm NOT ready... yes I am... no I'm not... holey crap!!!!!

Told DH about what the doctor/midwife said and when he came home we finally took the carseat out of the box and put it in the car... We tried it on my Stitch to see if we know how to adjust it...

BTW, for all of you who's had your cervix checked how much spotting/bleeding do you get afterwards?

Exciting! I do not remember having any spotting with DS after cervic checks, butI know it is common. I do remember the pain when they stripped my membranes to move me along, that was done the night before I went into labor.

I loved picturing Stitch in the carseat.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #753
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
A little update.

I'm way behind you, but I don't know what they feel like either. My OB keeps asking if I've had any and I'm like "Uh, I guess not, but I wouldn't exactly know what i'm looking for."

My coworker said her Dr. told her light bleeding (as in, a panty liner should take care of it) after the internal exams.
We've had this conversation because this certain coworker never got past where I am in either pregnancy! She said her placenta moved a bit for her last daughter and so she had a bit of previa.. and after the internal exam her Dr. told her the panty liner thing and left the room and when she stood up, she was gushing blood. The Dr. ruptured her placenta and she had an emergency c-section.
So. Panty liner, I think.

It's so exciting we should have baby pictures soon!!
You guys don't know boy or girl, right??
Old 05-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #754
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

cseca- WOW-- 1 week? Heres wishing you lots of energy this last week to get what needs to be done, done, and enjoy the rest of it. Can't wait to see photos-- and im sure you can't wait to meet your baby either!!

Piecey- Dh is the same way right now. Theres no way he is taking me to WDW if the baby wouldnt remember it. Id say when he is about 2 or 3 we will go. Id love to do the 1st haircut at Disney, but at 2 yrs of age- id say we'd already have had to have it cut. I dont know though, this is my first rodeo. I askd DH about going later next year-- and I think the thought was a little much for me. That being said, DH LOVES vacations. I think we will be taking a spur of the moment vacation soon actually (DH likes to surprise me with them). DH and I have been to WDW so many times since we've been together, even got married there and our last visit was last August- so im not too deprived. Id say this year and next we will be beaching it. Maybe talk him into a beach trip next year? We went last May to the beach and invited our friends and their 5month old. We had a blast. The baby slept the whole way and he was even teething. We never had a single issue. He did so well on the beach (we got him one of those personal baby tents)... and we all had a blast (and they have great photos too!). Just a thought! Then you can save save save and go all out at Disney with he's a little older!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #755
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
I think age 2 sounds perfect. I just can't wait that long to go back, and this deal makes it too hard to pass up. That and 2011 we'll be at the beach with my parents for a vowel renewal. They're even hiring a wedding planner.
They called to let me know they're passing on Disney with us because they're going to go to the beach that same week, only they're leaving before us and coming back after... and then asked me to watch their cat. Uh. Hello? I just asked you guys to vacation with us that same week!

DH is being a poophead now. After I sat in a crowded, hot, stinky movie theater watching his dude movie (though it was good- Hugh Jackman! ) he decided that it's pointless because Lucas won't remember it.
Uh, I'll remember it. Then he told me I was being selfish.
I'll go with him or with a friend. Whatever.
Um, the trip wouldn't be FOR the baby-it would be for you!!!!! IF I go this year (and that is a big if-we have alot going on right now) it will be for me and dd9 (ds11 says he would rather stay here and hunt with his daddy). I'm not putting off doing things with the kids until the baby is old enough to get something out of it! And I'm not kidding myself-I want to do it for ME!!!!!!!

Quote:
A little update.

I've been checked the last 2 wks. I'm at 1 cm. It didn't hurt, and I had no bleeding.

I've been feeling off for a few days too. But part of it is exhaustion. I've got tons of stuff to do before the end of my grad class Tuesday, state tests were this week at school (thank goodness they are over-my goal was to make it through last week at work, so anything now is a bonus), ds11 is playing baseball 2 nights a week (plus we have 2 games today in another town, and dh is working a tournament here, so I have to take him). And I'm just ready to collapse! We only have 3 more weeks of school, and I've already asked for the last week off. Depending on my apt Thur, this really may be my last week coming up. I just hate to lose the money for another week.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #756
DMickey28
DIS Veteran
Comes from a very square 1950's Leave it to Beaver type family.
Kaboom! is my new best friend!

Wow, lots of due dates in the next few weeks!! I can't wait to see all the pictures!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #757
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Piecey- Dh is the same way right now. Theres no way he is taking me to WDW if the baby wouldnt remember it. Maybe talk him into a beach trip next year? We went last May to the beach and invited our friends and their 5month old. We had a blast. The baby slept the whole way and he was even teething. We never had a single issue. He did so well on the beach (we got him one of those personal baby tents)... and we all had a blast (and they have great photos too!). Just a thought! Then you can save save save and go all out at Disney with he's a little older!
We'll be at the beach in 2011 for my parent's vowel renewal. I'm not much of a beach girl (and DH would just spent the whole time sitting in front of the TV, probably) so it's not super appealing to me to go to the beach. Cruises I'll do- new places, games, shows to see, etc. But a beach beach? Not really my thing. I know it'd be super-easy with a baby, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Um, the trip wouldn't be FOR the baby-it would be for you!!!!! IF I go this year (and that is a big if-we have alot going on right now) it will be for me and dd9 (ds11 says he would rather stay here and hunt with his daddy). I'm not putting off doing things with the kids until the baby is old enough to get something out of it! And I'm not kidding myself-I want to do it for ME!!!!!!!

I've been feeling off for a few days too. But part of it is exhaustion. I've got tons of stuff to do before the end of my grad class Tuesday, state tests were this week at school (thank goodness they are over-my goal was to make it through last week at work, so anything now is a bonus), ds11 is playing baseball 2 nights a week (plus we have 2 games today in another town, and dh is working a tournament here, so I have to take him). And I'm just ready to collapse! We only have 3 more weeks of school, and I've already asked for the last week off. Depending on my apt Thur, this really may be my last week coming up. I just hate to lose the money for another week.
EXACTLY! I kept saying that it was for me and he kept saying I was "dragging our son" for no reason because he wouldn't remember it. I was like I'll be "dragging" him anywhere I go, why not let me go someplace more exciting than Wal-Mart!?
He's finally come around. Again. For now. He's always been selfish and now admits the only reason he told me "yes" was to see me happy. I told him if he really wanted to see me happy he's got to stick with the "yes" and not decide 6 hours later that he's going to rain on my happiness by being a poophead!
He knows nothing about WDW- and after a looooong talk this morning (about the baby care stations, about how many rides we'd be able to take him on) and talking about how much there is to do, he's back on board. Part of me wants to wait to buy plane tickets until I know he's on board all the way, but you know what? If he decides to get poopy while we're there I'll just take Lucas by myself and DH can stay in the room!
I totally get where you're coming from. I'm eventually going to have my teaching degree and we might have another kid, so the time is right NOW. I want to go for me. I want to have the memories and the pictures and the certificate for first haircut. I want those things. This is why he says I am being selfish.
Screw him, he's selfish always.
I think I might change or dates, though.

Wow, I can't believe how fast time is flying! I'm glad you got past your goal- I know being with your students was important to you for their state tests! Do they know yet that you're switching schools??
Old 05-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #758
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
A little update.

How exciting. If you do have your baby before the 10th, you will be a Mom on Mothers Day How fun!!!!! Hope you are feeling good and resting good.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #759
december
DIS Veteran

NOBODY knows yet-thank goodness. My kids are really good at keeping secrets! And they are still excited about the change. I work with my new principal's son, so I'm sure he knows (I was told he highly recommended me), but he hasn't said a word. He lives about 45 min away in the other direction from his father's school, and I've heard he's looking for a job close to his home. His father told me he had filled him in on the problems at our school.

I was also worried about dh telling his coaching buddies, who would tell their teacher wives, who would tell everyone, but so far no one has mentioned it.

My students all felt good about the Algebra I state test. They came back smiling telling me it was easy and exactly what I'd been going over (thank goodness!). So my current boss is busy telling me how wonderful I am. That does make me feel good right now! But I have to do what is best for my kids, and I'm afraid our current situation just ain't it!

I'm not saying a word until I have a contract from my new school to sign. I just wish they'd hurry up so I could be sure everything is going to work out!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #760
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Thanks everyone! I'm excited and way nervous. Trying to take it easy but it's hard when the nesting instict kicked in... hehe...

Piecey, thanks for the info. I am thinking the same thing... panty liner. But it just worries me a little that it hasn't stopped since yesterday. I'm hoping it'll stop tonight. If it doesn't stop by monday I'm calling my doc and asking if it's normal.

december, I'm impressed that it didn't hurt for your dilation check. It hurt like the dickens for me. Enough that I thought I was going to burst out crying on the table... Wow... I must be a whiny baby...

I'm excited to be a mom on mother's day this year but we'll see if the baby cooperates...
Old 05-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #761
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Ohh... that would be frustrating, having to wait! I'd want the contract, too. DH thinks I'm crazy because I want a PAPER copy of the important stuff.

.....seeing as how I'm new to this parenting thing, would 2 weeks in age make a difference?
I'm stuck between October 24-31 and November 7-14th.
The week in November would just cost an extra $40 for flights.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #762
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I'm excited and way nervous. Trying to take it easy but it's hard when the nesting instict kicked in... hehe...

Piecey, thanks for the info. I am thinking the same thing... panty liner. But it just worries me a little that it hasn't stopped since yesterday. I'm hoping it'll stop tonight. If it doesn't stop by monday I'm calling my doc and asking if it's normal.

december, I'm impressed that it didn't hurt for your dilation check. It hurt like the dickens for me. Enough that I thought I was going to burst out crying on the table... Wow... I must be a whiny baby...

I'm excited to be a mom on mother's day this year but we'll see if the baby cooperates...
Don't be impressed by me!!! I'm a wuss! Maybe my dr is just better at it? I know my 3 sisters were delivered by the same dr, and my mother said he was awful! He was out of town when I was born, and another dr. delivered me-she said it was a totally different experience. Of course, I only weighed 5 lbs 10 oz, so that could have had something to do with it! My sisters were all in the 9 lb range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Ohh... that would be frustrating, having to wait! I'd want the contract, too. DH thinks I'm crazy because I want a PAPER copy of the important stuff.

.....seeing as how I'm new to this parenting thing, would 2 weeks in age make a difference?
I'm stuck between October 24-31 and November 7-14th.
The week in November would just cost an extra $40 for flights.
I might as well be new, since my baby is 9 1/2! I'd probably do the Oct. dates, but that is because I want to do MNSSHP so bad! Stupid school calendar-wish we got a week break in the fall like alot of disers seem to get!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #763
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
I might as well be new, since my baby is 9 1/2! I'd probably do the Oct. dates, but that is because I want to do MNSSHP so bad! Stupid school calendar-wish we got a week break in the fall like alot of disers seem to get!
You guys don't get a break??!
Here, the entire week of Thanksgiving is a given. Hunting season and all.
We get that week off from college, too.

I thought about MNSSHP but I think I'll pass, just because he'll be so young.
I'll totally go record HalloWishes, though. Maybe we'll eat at Ohana that night and then go watch them on the beach or something.

Thanks. I think I'll do October. It's more central for the semester and all the decorations will still be up! I went in September with my best friend in 2007 and we loved all the pumpkins everywhere!!

...off to book, DH is getting excited now that I mentioned Ohana. He's been there before.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #764
december
DIS Veteran

We get Thanksgiving! That is when I went in 2007, and I'm thinking about going this year. Dh and ds11 would be busy hunting, so they really wouldn't miss us that week. Can you tell I'm having trouble with my baby boy growing up?

But alot of people on the dis get a full week in October-I would LOVE that! The kids here get 2 days, but one of those is a teacher work day.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #765
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A little update.

You getting so close, how exciting.

I am no where near where you are, but I bled after my pap smear. .. at 8 weeks pregnant that was so scary. It lasted about a day and a half of some spotting. The midwife said it was because you get a lot more blood flowing there and other stuff (sorry I'm not more specific) and that it happens and is normal - perhaps it is the same with getting checked. I am sure for some it happens and others not. HTH!

All this vacation talk. . .

I am thinking of going for a couple days around my birthday in December if we can afford it. The baby would be about 2 months old. However, we live in Miami so it is only about 3.5 hours to get there. . . We'll see. I am sure our families will be very against it. I will definitely be doing baby's first haircut there - that is the plan at least I'm Cuban-American, and it is tradition for us not to do it until they turn 1 year old. The wives tale is that if you cut their hair before they are one it will take them longer to talk, lol. . .

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: