Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #736
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran
 
kaysmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 6,822

On the park bags, I haven't really figured this out either . I have a small Vera Bradley hipster, our camera bag which also is also good sized and we still need to have our poncho's and fans with us too. I think a back pack for the guys is a best bet. Also I will be packing extra hand sanitizer this year .
__________________
Nichole
kaysmommie is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #737
vamassey1
DIS Veteran
 
vamassey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 3,243

Park Bags

We use a small backpack that pretty much carries everything except a water bottle and fans. The fan I picked up the other day has a strap around it. I was thinking we would just wear the fan. This year I'm going with my daughter who will turn 10. She carries her own stuff in her backpack. I got the back at our outlet mall at the totes store. For me they are just the right size and have several pockets and zippered areas. I'm using the small ponchos and they fit just fine in it.
__________________
Newest report! Laissez les bon temps Rouler... Feb 2010...
My first Disney trip report! Hurry and Fly Away to Neverland



April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-29-2009, 05:23 AM   #738
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran
 
dddisrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,973

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
On the park bags, I haven't really figured this out either . I have a small Vera Bradley hipster, our camera bag which also is also good sized and we still need to have our poncho's and fans with us too. I think a back pack for the guys is a best bet. Also I will be packing extra hand sanitizer this year .
Thanks for weighing in Nichole!! I will be bringing extra hand sanitizer too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Park Bags

We use a small backpack that pretty much carries everything except a water bottle and fans. The fan I picked up the other day has a strap around it. I was thinking we would just wear the fan. This year I'm going with my daughter who will turn 10. She carries her own stuff in her backpack. I got the back at our outlet mall at the totes store. For me they are just the right size and have several pockets and zippered areas. I'm using the small ponchos and they fit just fine in it.
Thanks! I can't wait until the boys can be responsible for all of their own stuff!!
Your Totes backpack sounds great!
__________________
dddisrunner is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #739
vamassey1
DIS Veteran
 
vamassey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 3,243

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Thanks! I can't wait until the boys can be responsible for all of their own stuff!!
Your Totes backpack sounds great!
It's truly wonderful feeling. Freedom!!
__________________
Newest report! Laissez les bon temps Rouler... Feb 2010...
My first Disney trip report! Hurry and Fly Away to Neverland



April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #740
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran
 
dddisrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,973

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
It's truly wonderful feeling. Freedom!!
I bet!
__________________
dddisrunner is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #741
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran
 
dddisrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,973

DHS Plans

I have had some time this week to start making lists of what we would like to accomplish in each park. I am going to start with Hollywood Studios!

We have always had a love/hate relationship with this park. Back in 2002, Matthew was just 2 years old and Eric was 5 months. We had driven to Orlando with Bryan's parents Needless to say the drive wasn't terrific but I really was afraid to fly as our trip was a mere 6 months after September 11, 2001. We were so "uneducated" when it came to park touring. We arrived late and didn't get to see very much. On that 2002 trip in particular we saw 2 shows and rode the Backlot Tour and that was it Bryan stated on our last day that "we are NEVER coming back to this park again" He has always thought it was laid out poorly and trying to balance the show schedules with rides always proved difficult especially with such small children. Fast forward to our trip in April of 2007...Bryan deemed the then MGM "the best park" Honestly, we were finally educated on how to tour!! I had discovered the DIS 2 short months before our trip We saw Lights, Motor Action, Indiana Jones, The Little Mermaid and rode Star Tours, RNRC, TOT, The Great Movie Ride, One Man's Dream, Muppetvision, Backlot Tour and Disney Animation. We saw the Stars and Cars parade and Fantasmic...all in one day So, with that in mind we have a new set of obstacles to tackle this year at Disney's Hollywood Studios............

Our collective list of not to missed attractions/shows

Toy Story Mania (so excited to experience this)
RNRC ( we are hoping Eric might make the height requirement)
TOT (we ride this no less then 5-8 times per trip)
Star Tours (boys and Bryan, makes me sick)
HISTK Playground (we have NEVER been)
Animation Studio (love drwaing the characters)
Photo with Sorcerer Mickey (we haven't been successful in 3 past attempts)
Beauty and the Beast Show (my request and I WILL go even if it is alone)
Muppetvision 3D (Eric's first cuss word was said here in the waiting room at 4 years old he decided he had enough and exclaimed "enough with the d%mn pictures already" much to the delight of the gentleman next to us Conveniently, Eric has no recollection of the event!

We are very much looking forward to our lunch at Sci Fi and dinner at 50's Prime Time

We will NOT be doing.......

Great Movie Ride (been there done that)
I think we will skip Jedi Training (want to give others a chance besides the fact that it will be too hot to stand there waiting)

Anything else will be up in the air. We have 3 mornings and 2 evenings planned here. I think that is plenty of time to get our must do list done!!

We will also be here on Father's Day and I am still working on something for Bryan!


Coming up next.....Magic Kingdom!!









__________________
dddisrunner is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #742
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran
 
lmillercrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
I have had some time this week to start making lists of what we would like to accomplish in each park. I am going to start with Hollywood Studios!

We have always had a love/hate relationship with this park. Back in 2002, Matthew was just 2 years old and Eric was 5 months. We had driven to Orlando with Bryan's parents Needless to say the drive wasn't terrific but I really was afraid to fly as our trip was a mere 6 months after September 11, 2001. We were so "uneducated" when it came to park touring. We arrived late and didn't get to see very much. On that 2002 trip in particular we saw 2 shows and rode the Backlot Tour and that was it Bryan stated on our last day that "we are NEVER coming back to this park again" He has always thought it was laid out poorly and trying to balance the show schedules with rides always proved difficult especially with such small children. Fast forward to our trip in April of 2007...Bryan deemed the then MGM "the best park" Honestly, we were finally educated on how to tour!! I had discovered the DIS 2 short months before our trip We saw Lights, Motor Action, Indiana Jones, The Little Mermaid and rode Star Tours, RNRC, TOT, The Great Movie Ride, One Man's Dream, Muppetvision, Backlot Tour and Disney Animation. We saw the Stars and Cars parade and Fantasmic...all in one day So, with that in mind we have a new set of obstacles to tackle this year at Disney's Hollywood Studios............

Our collective list of not to missed attractions/shows

Toy Story Mania (so excited to experience this)
RNRC ( we are hoping Eric might make the height requirement)
TOT (we ride this no less then 5-8 times per trip)
Star Tours (boys and Bryan, makes me sick)
HISTK Playground (we have NEVER been)
Animation Studio (love drwaing the characters)
Photo with Sorcerer Mickey (we haven't been successful in 3 past attempts)
Beauty and the Beast Show (my request and I WILL go even if it is alone)
Muppetvision 3D (Eric's first cuss word was said here in the waiting room at 4 years old he decided he had enough and exclaimed "enough with the d%mn pictures already" much to the delight of the gentleman next to us Conveniently, Eric has no recollection of the event!

We are very much looking forward to our lunch at Sci Fi and dinner at 50's Prime Time

We will NOT be doing.......

Great Movie Ride (been there done that)
I think we will skip Jedi Training (want to give others a chance besides the fact that it will be too hot to stand there waiting)

Anything else will be up in the air. We have 3 mornings and 2 evenings planned here. I think that is plenty of time to get our must do list done!!

We will also be here on Father's Day and I am still working on something for Bryan!


Coming up next.....Magic Kingdom!!








Your plans looks great! I love me some TOT!! It makes me laugh so hard.
__________________



Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
lmillercrew is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #743
IluvXU
DIS Veteran
 
IluvXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,472

Diane,
Funny walk through memory lane. DHS is not our favorite yet either... probably due to having little kids.

I so want to see Mickey... Hannah is into Fantasia.
__________________
IluvXU is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #744
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,617

Great DHS Goals

Is this your first time trying TSM? That is so much fun

I would recommend getting fast passes first thing in the morning and then going in regular standby line. First thing, the wait should be under 30 mins.

It has such an amazing and fun que, you need to experience the whole line at least once.


Then you can use your FP later, as I am sure you will want to ride again

That is a riot at Eric's first cuss word...I literally LOLed
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #745
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Muppetvision 3D (Eric's first cuss word was said here in the waiting room at 4 years old he decided he had enough and exclaimed "enough with the d%mn pictures already" much to the delight of the gentleman next to us Conveniently, Eric has no recollection of the event!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 05:16 AM   #746
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!
 
timandlesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 5,530

Plans look great Diane. You are gonna love Toy Story Mania, I bet you find you will ride that many many times as well, such fun!!!
Lesley
__________________

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
timandlesley is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #747
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer
 
mylag1rl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pasadena, Maryland
Posts: 265

Plans look great Diane Your family is goind to love TSM. It is a fun ride.
__________________
Carrie DH Me DS18 DS17
mylag1rl is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #748
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran
 
dddisrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,973

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Your plans looks great! I love me some TOT!! It makes me laugh so hard.
Thanks! I always enjoyed TOT too but riding with my kids makes it soooo much more fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Diane,
Funny walk through memory lane. DHS is not our favorite yet either... probably due to having little kids.

I so want to see Mickey... Hannah is into Fantasia.
Thanks Laura!! I hope you and Hannah get to see Sorcerer Mickey too! Hey, maybe we'll be in line together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Great DHS Goals

Is this your first time trying TSM? That is so much fun

I would recommend getting fast passes first thing in the morning and then going in regular standby line. First thing, the wait should be under 30 mins.

It has such an amazing and fun que, you need to experience the whole line at least once.


Then you can use your FP later, as I am sure you will want to ride again

That is a riot at Eric's first cuss word...I literally LOLed
Thanks Kelly!! I am so thrilled to ride TSM...I think we will follow your plan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
THANKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Plans look great Diane. You are gonna love Toy Story Mania, I bet you find you will ride that many many times as well, such fun!!!
Lesley
Thanks Lesley! We are hoping to ride TSM as much as we can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Plans look great Diane Your family is goind to love TSM. It is a fun ride.
Thanks! We are so excited to try it!
__________________
dddisrunner is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #749
Happydog
DIS Veteran
 
Happydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,961

Ditto on the plan, looks great for DHS! And totally agree with PP about the FP/Ride TSM plan. That is what we did in Nov. One of us "trotted" ahead and got into the FP line, the other went quickly with stroller and kids, parked stroller and got into line (the CM held my DH and boys back -- stalled them -- at the entrance door so I could join them.) It took maybe 15 minutes to finally ride it that first time w/o FPs and we could go back a second time easily. A good tip!
__________________

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 05:24 AM   #750
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession
 
CRSNDSNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,740

LOL - Love it!!!!! Can't believe he said that! Ha ha!

I think your plan sounds great. DH and I used to love DHS the most but now it's a the bottom of our list. I think once the kids can do ToT and Guitar Mountain (that's what Amelia calls it) it'll shoot to the top again.
__________________
DVC Members since 2003: 7 Disney Cruises and Counting: AP holders
CRSNDSNY is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.