Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #91
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'
 
MsStinkerBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 2,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post

Welcome to the December Disneyland trip planning thread, MsStinkerbelle... Love your name!
Thanks!

My DD and I are SO excited to be doing Disneyland! We visited there only twice while we were living in LA and now that we're back on the East coast, we're itching to visit. Wierd huh.
__________________
Proud Disney Company Stockholder
Grand Californian/DLR (Oct '10) Grand Floridian (Jun '10) Polynesian (Dec '06, Aug '07, Dec '08) Pop (Apr '07, Aug '08, Dec '08) POFQ (Dec '06, Apr '07) AKL(Dec '07)

MsStinkerBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #92
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*
 
fairykin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 3,391

Stinkerbelle.... ... actually that is what the lady who does my hair said... "I make my living off people wanting the opposite of what they have. If they have straight hair, they want curly hair. If they have blonde hair, the want brown hair."

And it's true!!

So I'm just checking in on everyone. I hope you all are doing good.

How is your christmas trip planning going?

My friends took me to the Disney Warehouse and I was able to buy the cutest long sleeve shirt for my Dad. It's got a picture of Grumpy in a christmas hat and says..Bah HuMbUg!

I'm still looking out for robes for my parents as a gift for our trip.
__________________
fairykin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #93
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*
 
fairykin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 3,391

Updated List

daisyand2goofygirls....Nov. 29th-Dec. 4th...HoJo's
kaoden39....Nov. 30 to Dec. 4. Not sure where we are staying yet.
soak01...nov. 30 for 6 days. We are staying at Doubletree Suites.
Jadedarkstar...nov 29arive staying til thurs, we are staying at HoJos
lulubelle....Dec. 4th thru 6th, we are staying at Grand Californian/Villas
Stacerita.... she's not sure but we want her to go Dec. 4th -6th
cheshiregirl....Dec. 4th-7th and also closer to christmas
fairykin......Dec. 4th thru 8th, we are staying at Grand Californian
pixelyy.........Dec. 4th-11th. We are staying at Hojo.
PrettyPrincessBelle... week of Dec. 5th
liesel.....Dec 5th -9th We are staying at Hojos
justkeepswimming....Dec 6-10. Hopefully using our Grand California Villa
PixieWings71...Dec. 11th-16th. We are staying at HoJos.
Mommy with Dreams .....Dec. 9th-11th. We are staying at HOJO's.
ukstitch.....12th - 19th December ...HoJo's
dlawallace.....Dec. 13th-16th We are staying at Disneyland Hotel.
Niele....Dec. 14th-18th at the GC again
QueenDoOver...Dec 17th to 23th Staying in the Pirate Suite at HoJo's
kerickson....Dec 17th to 23th staying at Sheraton and the Villas@GC
teacherlisa1978....December 18th-22nd and staying at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South
artman..........Dec 21st thru 26th and staying at the Embassy Suites
MsStinkerbelle...December 23 - December 30th. Currently booked at the Anaheim Hilton.
ladylyons..Dec 23th to 28th staying at Anaheim Plaza or Hojos
jnjusoioa.......Dec. 27th-Jan. 1st, we are staying at HoJo
Wendylady36 aka WendyLouWho...Dec. { Not sure yet, but reaLLy wanting to go}
JordansMomma aka DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister.. Dec. { not sure yet, but Super really wanting to go}
Andrew's_Princess...{Yes Yes Yes...not sure yet when]
Oscarkitty1......Dec. {Waiting to see if it's WDW or DL}
Cristabelita.....Will come cuz she's livin' oh so close!
__________________

Last edited by fairykin; 04-30-2009 at 08:42 AM.
fairykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #94
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran
 
pixleyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,294

I started my pre-trip report for our Magical Christmas Vacation. See my siggy line for the link to it.
pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #95
artman
DIS Veteran
 
artman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
Posts: 644

us too!

We are booked at the Embassy Suites from Dec 21-26, then on to San Diego and Huntington Beach. This will be our first trip "out west", we have been going to WDW for Christmas for the past 4 years and did the New's cruise on DCL last year.

We have an son that will be 9 at travel time, and I am now thinking that we should book at Hojo. We have stayed at Embassy Suites in a lot of different cities and always enjoy them (esp the breakfast), but I think my son would really enjoy Hojo. Any thoughts?
__________________
artman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #96
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran
 
pixleyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,294

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman View Post
We are booked at the Embassy Suites from Dec 21-26, then on to San Diego and Huntington Beach. This will be our first trip "out west", we have been going to WDW for Christmas for the past 4 years and did the New's cruise on DCL last year.

We have an son that will be 9 at travel time, and I am now thinking that we should book at Hojo. We have stayed at Embassy Suites in a lot of different cities and always enjoy them (esp the breakfast), but I think my son would really enjoy Hojo. Any thoughts?
Hojo is fabulous, especially if your son likes the pool. Of course, it might be cooler in December but it's there if we get nice enough weather.
pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #97
artman
DIS Veteran
 
artman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
Posts: 644

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixleyyy View Post
Hojo is fabulous, especially if your son likes the pool. Of course, it might be cooler in December but it's there if we get nice enough weather.
My son loves the pool. We are from Canada eh!, if it's not cold enough for a parka....it's perfect weather for a swim.
__________________
artman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #98
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom
 
JadeDarkstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hottest place in the good ol USA Sunny PHX AZ
Posts: 6,065

we are going home Thursday. If i can see Fantasmic it will be Sunday night. We had to cut the trip short
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:10 PM   #99
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*
 
fairykin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 3,391

Hey there pixelyyy... what a great pretrip report.. loved the pictures! I'll keep an eye on it for updates. I hope your family has a beautiful disney christmas vacation and makes memories to last a lifetime!
Are you planning on taking a little tree for the room?

Artman.. welcome the group.. i updated your information to the list! I think another family in this thread is going to be there when your family is and they are also staying at Embassy Suites!

Jadestar.. I updated your info!
__________________
fairykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #100
Niele
"when you wish upon a star"
 
Niele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kahaluu
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesel View Post
We lived on Oahu for six months in 2004 and loved it! My husband was sent there for work and I took my 2 year old to the beach everyday. We went to the windward side and/or the north shore almost every weekend to escape the crowds. I so enjoyed meeting so many locals and really immersing myself in the culture. The locals were so welcoming. We also went to the big island for a few days and we went to Maui 2 years ago. Next up-Kauai! (hopefully in a couple of years) Anyway, for a gift basket for my inlaws, my husband and I were thinking of hitting Trader Joe's and getting some of our favorite things. They are pretty inexpensive and we sorely miss not having them in Colorado. Happy planning!
Hi Lisa, You all were very smart to go to the windward side, it's so less crowded and much greener. It sounds like you've been outer island more than I. Haven't been to Kauai since 1980! I get to the Big Island and Maui every so often but would love to get back to Kauai ... Sure wish we had a Trader Joe's over here, that is one great store. I know a gift basket from there would be so much better but again, I don't want to have to pack a bunch of extra stuff so I'll probably end up ordering some goodies from VP. Happy planning to you!
Niele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #101
Niele
"when you wish upon a star"
 
Niele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kahaluu
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Updated List

daisyand2goofygirls....Nov. 29th-Dec. 4th...HoJo's
kaoden39....Nov. 30 to Dec. 4. Not sure where we are staying yet.
soak01...nov. 30 for 6 days. We are staying at Doubletree Suites.
Jadedarkstar...nov 29arive staying til thurs, we are staying at HoJos
lulubelle....Dec. 4th thru 6th, we are staying at Grand Californian/Villas
Stacerita.... she's not sure but we want her to go Dec. 4th -6th
cheshiregirl....Dec. 4th-7th and also closer to christmas
fairykin......Dec. 4th thru 8th, we are staying at Grand Californian
pixelyy.........Dec. 4th-11th. We are staying at Hojo.
PrettyPrincessBelle... week of Dec. 5th
liesel.....Dec 5th -9th We are staying at Hojos
justkeepswimming....Dec 6-10. Hopefully using our Grand California Villa
PixieWings71...Dec. 11th-16th. We are staying at HoJos.
Mommy with Dreams .....Dec. 9th-11th. We are staying at HOJO's.
ukstitch.....12th - 19th December ...HoJo's
dlawallace.....Dec. 13th-16th We are staying at Disneyland Hotel.
Niele....Dec. 14th-18th at the GC again
QueenDoOver...Dec 17th to 23th Staying in the Pirate Suite at HoJo's
kerickson....Dec 17th to 23th staying at Sheraton and the Villas@GC
teacherlisa1978....December 18th-22nd and staying at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South
artman..........Dec 21st thru 26th and staying at the Embassy Suites
MsStinkerbelle...December 23 - December 30th. Currently booked at the Anaheim Hilton.
ladylyons..Dec 23th to 28th staying at Anaheim Plaza or Hojos
jnjusoioa.......Dec. 27th-Jan. 1st, we are staying at HoJo
Wendylady36 aka WendyLouWho...Dec. { Not sure yet, but reaLLy wanting to go}
JordansMomma aka DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister.. Dec. { not sure yet, but Super really wanting to go}
Andrew's_Princess...{Yes Yes Yes...not sure yet when]
Oscarkitty1......Dec. {Waiting to see if it's WDW or DL}
Cristabelita.....Will come cuz she's livin' oh so close!
fairykin, can you please change the dates for me? We're now having to add a day on (oh, darn) We now arrive on the 13th ... many thanks!
Niele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #102
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom
 
JadeDarkstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hottest place in the good ol USA Sunny PHX AZ
Posts: 6,065

ty an happy planing all we just decided to do the Christmas tour (i have it in my newest budget so hehe) we will save to get Fantasmic if it it is happening that Sunday
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #103
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*
 
fairykin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 3,391

Hey Miss Niele! It's always a good thing to get to add an extra day to a trip. I love Trader Joe's.. i wish we had one even remotely near by. Sadly there is not one.

Yesterday i paid for 2 more nights of our christmas trip... i'm paying for a night each month.

Jadestar... i'm looking at the christmas tour! My mom and i loved the walk in walt's tour.
__________________
fairykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #104
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*
 
fairykin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 3,391

Updated List

daisyand2goofygirls....Nov. 29th-Dec. 4th...HoJo's
kaoden39....Nov. 30 to Dec. 4. Not sure where we are staying yet.
soak01...nov. 30 for 6 days. We are staying at Doubletree Suites.
Jadedarkstar...nov 29arive staying til thurs, we are staying at HoJos
lulubelle....Dec. 4th thru 6th, we are staying at Grand Californian/Villas
Stacerita.... she's not sure but we want her to go Dec. 4th -6th
cheshiregirl....Dec. 4th-7th and also closer to christmas
fairykin......Dec. 4th thru 8th, we are staying at Grand Californian
pixelyy.........Dec. 4th-11th. We are staying at Hojo.
PrettyPrincessBelle... week of Dec. 5th
liesel.....Dec 5th -9th We are staying at Hojos
justkeepswimming....Dec 6-10. Hopefully using our Grand California Villa
PixieWings71...Dec. 11th-16th. We are staying at HoJos.
Mommy with Dreams .....Dec. 9th-11th. We are staying at HOJO's.
ukstitch.....12th - 19th December ...HoJo's
dlawallace.....Dec. 13th-16th We are staying at Disneyland Hotel.
Niele....Dec. 13th-18th at the GC again
QueenDoOver...Dec 17th to 23th Staying in the Pirate Suite at HoJo's
kerickson....Dec 17th to 23th staying at Sheraton and the Villas@GC
teacherlisa1978....December 18th-22nd and staying at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South
artman..........Dec 21st thru 26th and staying at the Embassy Suites
MsStinkerbelle...December 23 - December 30th. Currently booked at the Anaheim Hilton.
ladylyons..Dec 23th to 28th staying at Anaheim Plaza or Hojos
jnjusoioa.......Dec. 27th-Jan. 1st, we are staying at HoJo
Wendylady36 aka WendyLouWho...Dec. { Not sure yet, but reaLLy wanting to go}
JordansMomma aka DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister.. Dec. { not sure yet, but Super really wanting to go}
Andrew's_Princess...{Yes Yes Yes...not sure yet when]
Oscarkitty1......Dec. {Waiting to see if it's WDW or DL}
Cristabelita.....Will come cuz she's livin' oh so close!
__________________

Last edited by fairykin; 04-30-2009 at 09:59 PM.
fairykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #105
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,661

Mornin Dawn!

I can't believe that I forgot to have you put me on the list.

We want to go on the 4th though the 6th.

At the Grand I hope!!
__________________
tinkermell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.