Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #1501
Ghazelton
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
WELCOME!

We have lots of celebrations in this crowd! Hope DCL has plenty of cake batter!

.:
we are also celebrating an anniversary as well but we are lightweights compared to you guys .... only 10years here.

I have a question for you veterans out there. Is it possible to book a spa treatment for the Mrs without her knowing about it? She was the one who booked the cruise and i wondered if Disney would contact her if there was any changes made.

thanks
Greg

Last edited by Ghazelton; 04-28-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: speeling
Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #1502
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghazelton View Post
we are also celebrating an anniversary as well but we are lightweights compared to you guys .... only 10years here.

I have a question for you veterans out there. Is it possible to book a spa treatment for the Mrs without her knowing about it? She was the one who booked the cruise and i wondered if Disney would contact her if there was any changes made.

thanks
Greg
They shouldn't contact her for something like that. Now if you do it before the cruise she will be able to see it on the reservation if she checks it online. However, if you wait until you get onboard the ship then she'll have no idea. Just go up to the spa and they'll set it all up for you.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #1503
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

I know that now you can order 'gift' spa treatments and passes to the rainforest room, just like you would order flowers for someone. So, you should be able to call DCL, give them your reservation number, order the gift and pay for it right then with your charge card. Or you can print out their order form and mail it in (I'd assume a check would be OK...don't know about cash). As long as your wife isn't the one doing the books at your house, you should be able to keep it a surprise.

**OR** you could have a family member order it and reimburse them. There will be a gift card in your stateroom when you board. She would then call and make her appointment.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 04-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #1504
Ghazelton
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
They shouldn't contact her for something like that. Now if you do it before the cruise she will be able to see it on the reservation if she checks it online. However, if you wait until you get onboard the ship then she'll have no idea. Just go up to the spa and they'll set it all up for you.
rotary2808(Emily) thank you for the advice

Greg
Old 04-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #1505
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Here's the link to the thread with new stuff on ordering.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2144614

I was mistaken about the spa...it only looks like a one day pass to the Rain Forest room is an option.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 04-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #1506
Ghazelton
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Here's the link to the thread with new stuff on ordering.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2144614

I was mistaken about the spa...it only looks like a one day pass to the Rain Forest room is an option.

wow these boards move fast!

thank you both for your advice
Old 04-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #1507
ibouncetoo

Quote:
wow these boards move fast!

thank you both for your advice
Nah....we were both just excited somebody showed up and asked a question!

(conveniently during my lunch break too)

Old 04-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #1508
Kgroo
Mouseketeer

Dinner on Friday night and Tortola excursion

So, I have been lurking a little, but mostly out traveling for work.

Are people still planning on meeting for dinner Friday night before the cruise at the port? We are driving in that afternoon, and would love to meet up for dinner.

Funny note about Tortola excursion: I e-mailed to get a price for the private villa - thinking we would maybe splurge a little bit since we paid for the cruise with DVC points- ha!!!! $2999.00 for the day. I am pretty open with the funds for vacation, but that is a little excessive for the 3 of us. Sounds like heaven though.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #1509
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
rotary2808(Emily) thank you for the advice

Greg
You're welcome!!!!

Quote:
Nah....we were both just excited somebody showed up and asked a question!

(conveniently during my lunch break too)

It gives us something to talk about, right Jackie?

Old 04-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #1510
ibouncetoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroo View Post

Are people still planning on meeting for dinner Friday night before the cruise at the port? We are driving in that afternoon, and would love to meet up for dinner.

Funny note about Tortola excursion: I e-mailed to get a price for the private villa - thinking we would maybe splurge a little bit since we paid for the cruise with DVC points- ha!!!! $2999.00 for the day. I am pretty open with the funds for vacation, but that is a little excessive for the 3 of us. Sounds like heaven though.
I'm sure there will be a Fishlips or Grills group dinner for the folks staying at Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. Probably all that stuff will get organized after final payment in June. I'm betting Deb (EllaEnchanted) will be game for that.

Hmmmm...even if you had 12 people sharing that villa for the day, that's $250 per person...too rich for my blood too! (note to self: keep this in mind if you win the lottery! )

.lunch break over....back to work......

Old 04-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #1511
Kgroo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm sure there will be a Fishlips or Grills group dinner for the folks staying at Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. Probably all that stuff will get organized after final payment in June. I'm betting Deb (EllaEnchanted) will be game for that.

Hmmmm...even if you had 12 people sharing that villa for the day, that's $250 per person...too rich for my blood too! (note to self: keep this in mind if you win the lottery! )

The excursion is for a max of 8 people, so really $375.00 per person.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #1512
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroo View Post

Quote:

Hi guys....YES we are definitely doing a dinner at FishLips at the Port on Friday before cruise. We just have not set a time yet.

We would be so happy to have your company. Please join us. More details to follow as the time gets closer.

Jackie, I'm sending you a PM about Grills.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #1513
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

WE ARE PAID IN FULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH & I are paid in full and you better believe that on June 14th, I will be praying, trying, begging, pleading, and hoping I get to make some Palo reservations!!

High Tea & Dinner!!!

I Love You
Old 04-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #1514
KayR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
:banana :

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #1515
ibouncetoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post

DH & I are paid in full and you better believe that on June 14th, I will be praying, trying, begging, pleading, and hoping I get to make some Palo reservations!!

High Tea & Dinner!!!

YEAH!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: