Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #1501
Ghazelton
Earning My Ears
 
Ghazelton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stouffville, Ontario
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
WELCOME!

We have lots of celebrations in this crowd! Hope DCL has plenty of cake batter!

.:
we are also celebrating an anniversary as well but we are lightweights compared to you guys .... only 10years here.

I have a question for you veterans out there. Is it possible to book a spa treatment for the Mrs without her knowing about it? She was the one who booked the cruise and i wondered if Disney would contact her if there was any changes made.

thanks
Greg
__________________

Last edited by Ghazelton; 04-28-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: speeling
Ghazelton is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #1502
rotary2808
DIS Veteran
 
rotary2808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghazelton View Post
we are also celebrating an anniversary as well but we are lightweights compared to you guys .... only 10years here.

I have a question for you veterans out there. Is it possible to book a spa treatment for the Mrs without her knowing about it? She was the one who booked the cruise and i wondered if Disney would contact her if there was any changes made.

thanks
Greg
They shouldn't contact her for something like that. Now if you do it before the cruise she will be able to see it on the reservation if she checks it online. However, if you wait until you get onboard the ship then she'll have no idea. Just go up to the spa and they'll set it all up for you.
__________________
Emily

rotary2808 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #1503
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL
 
ibouncetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Valley of the Sun!
Posts: 17,483

I know that now you can order 'gift' spa treatments and passes to the rainforest room, just like you would order flowers for someone. So, you should be able to call DCL, give them your reservation number, order the gift and pay for it right then with your charge card. Or you can print out their order form and mail it in (I'd assume a check would be OK...don't know about cash). As long as your wife isn't the one doing the books at your house, you should be able to keep it a surprise.

**OR** you could have a family member order it and reimburse them. There will be a gift card in your stateroom when you board. She would then call and make her appointment.

.
__________________
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day



ibouncetoo is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #1504
Ghazelton
Earning My Ears
 
Ghazelton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stouffville, Ontario
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
They shouldn't contact her for something like that. Now if you do it before the cruise she will be able to see it on the reservation if she checks it online. However, if you wait until you get onboard the ship then she'll have no idea. Just go up to the spa and they'll set it all up for you.
rotary2808(Emily) thank you for the advice

Greg
__________________
Ghazelton is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #1505
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL
 
ibouncetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Valley of the Sun!
Posts: 17,483

Here's the link to the thread with new stuff on ordering.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2144614

I was mistaken about the spa...it only looks like a one day pass to the Rain Forest room is an option.

.
__________________
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day



ibouncetoo is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #1506
Ghazelton
Earning My Ears
 
Ghazelton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stouffville, Ontario
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Here's the link to the thread with new stuff on ordering.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2144614

I was mistaken about the spa...it only looks like a one day pass to the Rain Forest room is an option.

.
wow these boards move fast!

thank you both for your advice
__________________
Ghazelton is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #1507
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL
 
ibouncetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Valley of the Sun!
Posts: 17,483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghazelton View Post
wow these boards move fast!

thank you both for your advice
Nah....we were both just excited somebody showed up and asked a question!

(conveniently during my lunch break too)

.
__________________
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day



ibouncetoo is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #1508
Kgroo
Mouseketeer
 
Kgroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 345

Dinner on Friday night and Tortola excursion

So, I have been lurking a little, but mostly out traveling for work.

Are people still planning on meeting for dinner Friday night before the cruise at the port? We are driving in that afternoon, and would love to meet up for dinner.

Funny note about Tortola excursion: I e-mailed to get a price for the private villa - thinking we would maybe splurge a little bit since we paid for the cruise with DVC points- ha!!!! $2999.00 for the day. I am pretty open with the funds for vacation, but that is a little excessive for the 3 of us. Sounds like heaven though.
__________________
Kristen
Kgroo is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #1509
rotary2808
DIS Veteran
 
rotary2808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghazelton View Post
rotary2808(Emily) thank you for the advice

Greg
You're welcome!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Nah....we were both just excited somebody showed up and asked a question!

(conveniently during my lunch break too)

.
It gives us something to talk about, right Jackie?
__________________
Emily

rotary2808 is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #1510
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL
 
ibouncetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Valley of the Sun!
Posts: 17,483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroo View Post
So, I have been lurking a little, but mostly out traveling for work.

Are people still planning on meeting for dinner Friday night before the cruise at the port? We are driving in that afternoon, and would love to meet up for dinner.

Funny note about Tortola excursion: I e-mailed to get a price for the private villa - thinking we would maybe splurge a little bit since we paid for the cruise with DVC points- ha!!!! $2999.00 for the day. I am pretty open with the funds for vacation, but that is a little excessive for the 3 of us. Sounds like heaven though.
I'm sure there will be a Fishlips or Grills group dinner for the folks staying at Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. Probably all that stuff will get organized after final payment in June. I'm betting Deb (EllaEnchanted) will be game for that.

Hmmmm...even if you had 12 people sharing that villa for the day, that's $250 per person...too rich for my blood too! (note to self: keep this in mind if you win the lottery! )

.lunch break over....back to work......
__________________
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day



ibouncetoo is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #1511
Kgroo
Mouseketeer
 
Kgroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I'm sure there will be a Fishlips or Grills group dinner for the folks staying at Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. Probably all that stuff will get organized after final payment in June. I'm betting Deb (EllaEnchanted) will be game for that.

Hmmmm...even if you had 12 people sharing that villa for the day, that's $250 per person...too rich for my blood too! (note to self: keep this in mind if you win the lottery! )

.lunch break over....back to work......
The excursion is for a max of 8 people, so really $375.00 per person.
__________________
Kristen
Kgroo is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #1512
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!
 
EllaEnchanted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pocono Mountains, PA
Posts: 15,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroo View Post
So, I have been lurking a little, but mostly out traveling for work.

Are people still planning on meeting for dinner Friday night before the cruise at the port? We are driving in that afternoon, and would love to meet up for dinner.

Funny note about Tortola excursion: I e-mailed to get a price for the private villa - thinking we would maybe splurge a little bit since we paid for the cruise with DVC points- ha!!!! $2999.00 for the day. I am pretty open with the funds for vacation, but that is a little excessive for the 3 of us. Sounds like heaven though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I'm sure there will be a Fishlips or Grills group dinner for the folks staying at Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. Probably all that stuff will get organized after final payment in June. I'm betting Deb (EllaEnchanted) will be game for that.

Hmmmm...even if you had 12 people sharing that villa for the day, that's $250 per person...too rich for my blood too! (note to self: keep this in mind if you win the lottery! )

.lunch break over....back to work......



Hi guys....YES we are definitely doing a dinner at FishLips at the Port on Friday before cruise. We just have not set a time yet.

We would be so happy to have your company. Please join us. More details to follow as the time gets closer.

Jackie, I'm sending you a PM about Grills.
__________________
DEB and JOHN EllaEnchanted and 1Grumpy John
The first time that a baby laughs...a fairy's life takes flight.
If you open up your heart...then you'll set your spirit free.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #1513
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09
 
pfishgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Jersey Shore & Florida
Posts: 10,276

WE ARE PAID IN FULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH & I are paid in full and you better believe that on June 14th, I will be praying, trying, begging, pleading, and hoping I get to make some Palo reservations!!

High Tea & Dinner!!!

__________________
R.I.P Pumpkin

I Love You
pfishgirl is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #1514
KayR
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,993

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
WE ARE PAID IN FULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana :
__________________

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
KayR is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #1515
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL
 
ibouncetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Valley of the Sun!
Posts: 17,483

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
WE ARE PAID IN FULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH & I are paid in full and you better believe that on June 14th, I will be praying, trying, begging, pleading, and hoping I get to make some Palo reservations!!

High Tea & Dinner!!!


YEAH!

.
__________________
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day



ibouncetoo is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: