Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #751
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDCruiser View Post
Hello All

Just arrived and somewhat new to this board and getting some helpful tips to make the magical place on earth more magical, if that possible.

Started planning a while back and wanted to celebrate our 20th anniv. in November 01, 09 and changed to November 30 to celebrate DW birthday and finally changed to December 08-17, 09 to celebrate all our birthdays and anniv.
We are selected POR FQ for our first time and would like Building 4 as well. I think it is the closest to the Bus and dining. Being the Holidays and Winter Season I dont think we will be using the pool much.

We have decided to change the same old air flight home to taking the Amtack train home, relaxing and going over our photos and recaping the days and highlight.

Has anyone taken the Amtrak from Kissimmee before?

227 days
to the DIS!

When I lived in MA ( most of my life) my children and I took Amtrak several times from Boston to Orlando. We considered getting on/off at Kissimmee, but cannot now remember why we decided on Orlando instead.

In 6 Amtrak trips, it was never on time once - and going down was worse than going home - it was 12 hours late one time. Still, we enjoyed those trips. We liked coach better than a roomette, but the change at Penn Sta in NY was a pain. It's always a madhouse and the line for train is enormous. We would find a red cap, so we could pre-board - not an easy feat at Penn Sta, but we managed to find one every trip, both ways.

We finally began booking Club for the trip from NY to BOS, then when Amtrak ended club we did Business Class (not sure what it's called now). The seats were so much more comfortable than coach from NY to BOS (or BOS/NY) leg. Sometimes we would change in Philly and get a Club or Business seat from there into So Sta, so no change in NY. That was nice, but the times don't always work.

The train does not originate in Orlando/Kissimmee so you will not have your first choice of seats (if going coach) and the folks who vacated the seats may have made a bit of mess. We preferred the ride down b/c in NY it was a fresh train, we chose our seats and settled in for the ride.

Would we do it again? Maybe. The train has changed so much over the years - not as clean, food not as good etc.

Sorry, if this isn't much help! If you book a room it might make all the difference.

Have fun!!!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 04-24-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #752
LDCruiser
Sharing the Good Life

This is more help than expected especially with the Penn Station information. We are on no time schedule so any delays makes no difference
and being the trip home. AH! We have booked the room with meals.
DW looking forward to the experience Christmas at WDW and a Train trip.
Again, Thanks
May 2005 Disney Cruise Lines (7 Day Western Carib)
April 2008 W.D.W (CBR)
April 2008 Disney Cruise Line ( 7 Day Eastern Carib)
December 2009 W.D.W - POFQ
December 2010 - POFQ
September 2011 - CSR
March 2012 - (7 Western Caribbean Cruise)
September 2012 CSR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #753
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDCruiser View Post

This is more help than expected especially with the Penn Station information. We are on no time schedule so any delays makes no difference
and being the trip home. AH! We have booked the room with meals.
DW looking forward to the experience Christmas at WDW and a Train trip.
Again, Thanks
Sounds great!! You'll enjoy the train for sure then.

(p.s. Come to NC and MA taxes will seem like nothing!!! Oh, how I miss tax free shopping. )

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 04-24-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #754
LDCruiser
Sharing the Good Life

The Move Is Coming

We are ready for the move.
The house is being prep for sale and hope to out of Mass by April next year or at least by 2nd trip to the Magic. Looking at Florida, N.C. or Az. Anything is better than Mass. This state is a
Really looking forward to our holiday trip and experiencing Disney at

Sharing the good life
April 2008 W.D.W (CBR)
December 2010 - POFQ
September 2011 - CSR
September 2012 CSR
Old 04-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #755
marypopfan
DIS Veteran

I just booked POFQ !!! My dates are May 29 - June 5th. I can't wait.
POFQ June 09
Allstar Sports/Caribe Royale/POP Century June-July 08
POFQ Feb 06
POP Century Mar 05
Polynesian Dec 02
Allstar Movies Feb 01
Allstar Music Nov 97
Old 04-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #756
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

To LDCRUISER...If you are tired of taxes, i love Az. House taxes are $880. per yr.. Our living costs are low ans you cannot beat the scenery and climate...
Old 04-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #757
lucky978
Mouseketeer
Looks like there is hope for you now!
Signed, The Tag Fairy!

Greetings from POFQ!!! We arrived on 4/22 (although technically it was already 4/23 it was so late).

Yesterday we visited Hollywood Studio's and then in the evening we went to POR and saw Yeeha Bob the piano player. He was so much fun as usual!!!

Today we went to the Magic Kingdom, then came back for a nice afternoon break. We headed back to the Magic Kingdom and had dinner at Crystal Palace and did a bunch of rides (with FastPasses we obtained this morning). Came back to the resort around 9 and the kids went in the pool. Finally got everyone settled down a bit ago.

Tomorrow is an 8am reservation at O'Hana's for breakfast. Then we're heading to the Animal Kingdom, then back to the hotel for a break, then we're heading to DTD to see Cirque! WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

Let me know if you have any questions! We're here until 4/28!!!

April, 2009 - POFQ
February, 2008 - POR
September, 2006 - 10th Anniv trip to WL
June, 2005 - POR
December, 2004 - Offsite house
April, 2004 - POFQ
October, 2003 and Sept. 1997 - Offsite houses
October, 1984 - Offsite @ Royal Plaza
Old 04-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #758
familyatdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky978 View Post
Greetings from POFQ!!! We arrived on 4/22 (although technically it was already 4/23 it was so late).

Yesterday we visited Hollywood Studio's and then in the evening we went to POR and saw Yeeha Bob the piano player. He was so much fun as usual!!!

Today we went to the Magic Kingdom, then came back for a nice afternoon break. We headed back to the Magic Kingdom and had dinner at Crystal Palace and did a bunch of rides (with FastPasses we obtained this morning). Came back to the resort around 9 and the kids went in the pool. Finally got everyone settled down a bit ago.

Tomorrow is an 8am reservation at O'Hana's for breakfast. Then we're heading to the Animal Kingdom, then back to the hotel for a break, then we're heading to DTD to see Cirque! WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

Are the buses at POFQ currently being shared with POR? If yes, is POFQ being picked up and dropped off first?

I will be arriving at POFQ right after you on May 2nd.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #759
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

I'm checking into POFQ tomorrow! I'll try to check in and answer questions while we're down there.
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Old 04-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #760
LDCruiser
Sharing the Good Life

Thanks for the infomation.

AZ would be my first choice but there's always a but, it to far from WDW.

DW and I are planning to have WDW AP's and have dinner often on site. Visiting on the spur of the momentand be only an hour away.
April 2008 W.D.W (CBR)
December 2010 - POFQ
September 2011 - CSR
September 2012 CSR
Old 04-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #761
PrincessDonna
Earning My Ears

@ lucky - good to see you are there. Tell me...you said that you guys got in very late - it looks like after midnight. How was the staff? We will be there in 12 days, but it will be the same situation - by the time we get to the hotel, it will be well after midnight. Just wondering how check in went and how the night staff was.

Have a wonderful vacation! After waiting for 4 long Winter months, I can say that I am MORE than ready for this trip!

January 2012 - Disney Dream (LOVED IT!!!)
Hoping for Jan 2013 on the Fantasy....
Old 04-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #762
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

Az is 5 hrs from Disneyland......
Old 04-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #763
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky978 View Post

How is the weather & temp?? What building are you in & did you request a certain blg??
Old 04-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #764
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Of course we all want to know about your room! Which bldg, floor, is it in good condition? Have you seen Elliot Dyson yet? We enjoy him so much.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post...have a Magical time with the Mouse!!

Old 04-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #765
Britgirlus
Mouseketeer

Sorry if these have been asked before, but I have a couple of questions (we'll be at POFQ 3 weeks today for the first time - our first family trip to WDW). I know it probably varies, from the time of the day, to the day, to the month etc - but approximately how long does it take to the 4 parks on the buses ? Also - how deep is the water in the pool at the bottom of the slide ? Thanks !!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: