Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #751
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

That's the one parade we have never seen -- hopefully we will catch it this time!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #752
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
CP is our favorite for breakfast. The food is really good and it doesn't hurt that you walk down an almost empty Main Street to get there.

So lucky to get dresses made!! I wish I could sew.
Glad to hear CP is your favorite breakfast. I am struggling... I have big time ADR change itis....

I have no sewing ability... a button is it. My sister in law is better than Martha Stewart... very cute stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
We're looking forward to this one too! I think our ADRs are for the same day, close to the same time, so if you see us, say "hi."
Same to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
I can't wait to see these dresses I am very excited. But what does little Luke get to wear? Maybe he can be Prince Charming.
Luckily he does not care... I just plan to dress him cool. He has double Mickey and Donald shirts, but I think now I might have to pick him up another one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Crystal Palace's breakfast is AMAZING! You will love it!

Oh, those dresses are going to be precious!!!
I am super excited to see them... I for sure want to have the girls in the Tink ones to meet her.... cute cute cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We had out first day dinner at Crystal Palace last year, and we'll be doing the same again this year. The food and character interaction were both great!

The dresses will be great for the girls! I look forward to seeing them in pictures.

I hope you are better at keeping up with your journal than I ever am. I always have good intentions, and I get off to a decent start, but I fail to keep up with it. I take times here and there to write, but in the end, I use my pictures to spark my memory for the most part. I know I miss a lot of details by not keeping up with the writing.
It has to be about your ADR time... what is the big family meals planned this trip? I thought of you when the dresses were mentioned. I bet Bella and Brooklynn will have some someday!

I forgot to take a journal and write last trip, so I struggled a bit when writing this. I think for all purposes I need one this trip since we might do some splitting up. Plus I hope to take more pics... I am sure I cannot compare to you in the number of pics or quality, but I hope to have more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Oh Laura, you will LOVE the Crystal Palace breakfast...the food is pretty good but there is something SO magical about walking into the MK and down Main Strret without a herd around you! Just remember to soak it all in and take lots of pictures!!
I am already thinking about how peaceful it will be, can we rent our stroller on the way, or do we have to come back and rent after breakfast- do you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I really want to see this too! It looks like a really fun parade to watch.
I hope you take some pictures for my preview!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Love the CP pics ... can 't wait to see the girls' dresses.
Tune in soon!

Quote:
That's the one parade we have never seen -- hopefully we will catch it this time!
Us too! I think since our hotel is close to AK it should happen!
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #753
Happydog
DIS Veteran

YES to CP breakfast. We loved that one, too! Trying Chef Mickey's this time, but if we don't like it, def going back to CP!

Disney dresses, handmade, what a treat!

And we have never seen that AK parade, either! Gonna try to hang around long enough to see it this time.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 04-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #754
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Today we are looking forward to

Journey in to Imagination! (we call it Figment here). Boy do I wish they still had Figment meet and greets!

Also I read in the paper that Mary Poppins is coming in our local Broadway series next spring... I think that I will have to go, and I also think that Hannah is going to see her first Broadway touring play!

Have a great weekend everyone, our weather is fantastic, I see lots of outside time for us this weekend!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #755
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I love Figment! He's such a cute little guy.

I have been waiting for Mary Poppins to come to Boston! I'll have to go see if they have information on that yet!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #756
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Mary Poppins is supposed to be fantastic! I hope the touring group makes it to Atlanta soon!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #757
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

We love Figment! I'm sure Mary Poppins is amazing. I'll have to see if its coming to Chicago. Madeline really wants to see Wicked for her birthday, but it left Chicago. Maybe Mary Poppins would be a good replacement. That way the whole family could go.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #758
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

We have never done Figment, might have to add that to the list.

My friend just saw Mary Poppins in Chicago and LOVED it. She said it would be great for older kids as well as adults.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #759
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

We are looking forward to some of the same things you are. CP before park opening and Jammin Jungle Parade. We went on Figment once, but not sure we'll do it again.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 04-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #760
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I love Figment! He's such a cute little guy.

I have been waiting for Mary Poppins to come to Boston! I'll have to go see if they have information on that yet!

I think Hannah would love it. To go to a big show with mom- what a treat. I am sure Emily will not be happy, but sometimes you just have to wait till you are old enough!

Quote:
Mary Poppins is supposed to be fantastic! I hope the touring group makes it to Atlanta soon!
I could not believe it when I read it... I am so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
We love Figment! I'm sure Mary Poppins is amazing. I'll have to see if its coming to Chicago. Madeline really wants to see Wicked for her birthday, but it left Chicago. Maybe Mary Poppins would be a good replacement. That way the whole family could go.
I think on Mousesavers there is a ticket deal for it in Chicago---- check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
We have never done Figment, might have to add that to the list.

My friend just saw Mary Poppins in Chicago and LOVED it. She said it would be great for older kids as well as adults.
Emily is not thrilled with Figment. I will let you know how it goes this summer. Thanks for the info on Mary Poppins....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
We are looking forward to some of the same things you are. CP before park opening and Jammin Jungle Parade. We went on Figment once, but not sure we'll do it again.
I could take it or leave it for Figment. I might have to be getting FPs or feeding Luke... no biggies to miss it. Hannah however loves it!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #761
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Hannah's Top Five

While in line tonight at Kings Island I was asking her about her top rides at Kings Island. Then I asked about WDW.

Here is her top five:

1) Splash Mountain

2) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

3) Haunted Mansion

4) SpectroMagic

5) Lunch at the Castle

While I know they are not all rides, it was interesting to say the least. I bet this list changes this trip, we will see. I had number one for sure, and I know the Haunted Mansion is a top five. I will have to get Emily's list too!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #762
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Hannah and I have so much in common!
Old 04-25-2009, 05:47 AM   #763
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love Hannah's list -- Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion are in my top 5, too!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #764
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Just found your new TR!! i took my son at 5 months last Aug (during Hurricane Faye!) and then again in Dec at 9 months. Let me know if you want any tips!!

I'll also be about 33 weeks along, like you were last year, so I may go back and read last year's TR for some hints. We'll miss you by a few days..we check in on the 28th.

I didn't have any probs with getting ADRs but also didn't have tough places like the Fan. Package or CRT. Glad it worked out for you!!

Can't wait for more

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Old 04-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #765
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

You'll love CP for breakfast - the food is wonderful, and we loved the characters. Plus, as you said, there's nothing like walking down a virtually empty Main Street!!

I can't wait to see the girls' dresses! Unfortuately, my girlie girl is (gasp) showing signs of growing out of the princesses. No sign of Hannah Montana or High School Musical, though, so I think we're safe. She says (right now) that she wants to do BBB when we go next summer, so that's on our list right now. I hope nothing changes, since we've never been there before and she's my only girl.

If Marry Poppins is coming to Cincinatti, we might have to head over. When will it be there??? Mom and I have taken DD (she'll be 8 in July) to see a couple of shows - most notably the Lion King last fall right before Thanksgiving. It was worth going to just to watch her face, especially when the animals paraded past her (we managed to snag isle seats). I was glad I'd seen the show before, because I just kept wanting to watch her. You guys will love going to a show together!

I'm also enjoying the picture countdown. A great way to get a Disney fix!

October 2012 Trip report

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: