Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #16
wako
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn71092 View Post
We used ours for the appetizer sampler and drinks with no problem.
Do you remember how much that was, or what your OOP cost was?
wako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #17
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Can it be used at the bar (do they have a bar??) for a smoothie, non alcoholic daiquiri, or non alcoholic speciality coffee?

If not, we may just have to get dessert - all of our meals are already planned!
Anybody?

P.S. Hate to quote myself, but leaving in a few days!
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #18
61292cna
DIS Veteran

Thanks! Hadn't thought of drinks.
61292cna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #19
thorphin
DIS Veteran

While we're talking about PH vouchers... has anyone used their mechandise voucher to get a "keepsake souvenir"? I'm curious what it is and if it's worth my time. Livndisney mentioned that you had to buy food to get the souvenir, which seems odd since that stipulation isn't mentioned on the voucher.

If purchase is required, can you use the $15 food voucher to qualify as your "purchase" needed to redeem the mechandise voucher?

Guh. So complicated.

'83, '84: Fort Wilderness...'84: Golf Resort
'88, '93: Disney Inn..........'95, '98: Off Property
'00: Dixie Landings...........'02: PO Riverside
'05: Beach Club Villas.......'09, '10 PO Riverside
09/2013: Poly!
thorphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:11 AM   #20
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorphin View Post
While we're talking about PH vouchers... has anyone used their mechandise voucher to get a "keepsake souvenir"? I'm curious what it is and if it's worth my time. Livndisney mentioned that you had to buy food to get the souvenir, which seems odd since that stipulation isn't mentioned on the voucher.

If purchase is required, can you use the $15 food voucher to qualify as your "purchase" needed to redeem the mechandise voucher?

Guh. So complicated.
We have never had to make a food purchase in order to redeem the merchandise voucher. Every time we've used it though it's only been a little PH key chain.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #21
tinkerbelle8878
Mouseketeer

I also had a question with the $15 food voucher-

Can you use it for something, like and appetizer & a soda that would total under $15? So its like a free meal? Or is there a minimum you must spend?

I checked my package info and it doesn't state anything that says it can't be used in this manner. Then again it says that the souvenier is free. No mention of purchase of anything with it. So if they're pulling a 'free' with purchase on a silly keyring, I can see them trying to stop us from using it and not spending any actual out of pocket money.

I'll use the voucher if its not costing me anything extra but I really have no interest in Planet Hollywood otherwise.
tinkerbelle8878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #22
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelle8878 View Post

Can you use it for something, like and appetizer & a soda that would total under $15? So its like a free meal? Or is there a minimum you must spend?

I checked my package info and it doesn't state anything that says it can't be used in this manner. Then again it says that the souvenier is free. No mention of purchase of anything with it. So if they're pulling a 'free' with purchase on a silly keyring, I can see them trying to stop us from using it and not spending any actual out of pocket money.

I'll use the voucher if its not costing me anything extra but I really have no interest in Planet Hollywood otherwise.
That's what I want to do, too. Hope it is possible.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:37 AM   #23
aubriee

Quote:

That may depend on who your server is. I go down to WDW several times a year and only go to PH if I'm going solo that trip. The first couple of times I used one, I ordered just a burger and glass of water and it was no problem. I just had to pay the tip. The third time I tried to use one, I told the waitress I had the $15.00 voucher, she asked to see it, then let me order my burger and water. Afterwards she then tried to tell me I had to order something else (dessert or something) because the total had to be over $15.00. I told her I didn't think so and she should have told me before letting me order, besides that is not stated on the voucher. I then left the voucher on the table and walked out. The fourth time I used one, I was allowed to order my burger and water again with no problem.

Last edited by aubriee; 04-24-2009 at 03:42 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #24
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I don't know why they have to make this so complicated. I normally just trash mine but I thought about just getting a dessert with it this time. I bet they wont do it.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #25
61292cna
DIS Veteran

Old 04-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #26
tinkerbelle8878
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I don't know why they have to make this so complicated. I normally just trash mine but I thought about just getting a dessert with it this time. I bet they wont do it.

They're probably making it so complicated because of what's called a 'bait and switch'. They figure most of us won't go to PH without this free 15 dollars and then once they get us there, they want us to actually spend money once we've eaten.

That being said, they've clearly written some kind of legal mumbo jumbo on the certificate and it says no where that purchases must exceed $15. If I was the poster who ordered the burger and water and had a problem, I would've asked to speak with the manager. It could then even be escalated to guest services or whoever is overseeing these restaurants and certificates at the Disney Company. Let PH deal with them not the customer who is merely using part of the package that they paid for.

It really does sound like more trouble than its worth and if memory serves PH is not exactly near Ghiradelli's and that area of DtD that I'd stick too. And I've read really good things about the Earl of Sandwhich and would rather spend my calories there.

I wish that Disney would scrape the free keychain and this certificate and give me one of those $12 refillable mugs instead. It even saves them $3 and I'd get more use out of it. Most of the package extras are useless to me and I just wanted the 4/3 deal anyway. There's only two extras that really seem like a good deal and that's only if you're a solo traveler: the mini golf and the arcade.
tinkerbelle8878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #27
thorphin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Most of the package extras are useless to me and I just wanted the 4/3 deal anyway. There's only two extras that really seem like a good deal and that's only if you're a solo traveler: the mini golf and the arcade.
The Photopass certificate seems like a good one, except for some reason, my documents were missing that certificate.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:12 AM   #28
aubriee

Quote:
They're probably making it so complicated because of what's called a 'bait and switch'. They figure most of us won't go to PH without this free 15 dollars and then once they get us there, they want us to actually spend money once we've eaten.

That being said, they've clearly written some kind of legal mumbo jumbo on the certificate and it says no where that purchases must exceed $15. If I was the poster who ordered the burger and water and had a problem, I would've asked to speak with the manager. It could then even be escalated to guest services or whoever is overseeing these restaurants and certificates at the Disney Company. Let PH deal with them not the customer who is merely using part of the package that they paid for.

I wish that Disney would scrape the free keychain and this certificate and give me one of those $12 refillable mugs instead. It even saves them $3 and I'd get more use out of it. Most of the package extras are useless to me and I just wanted the 4/3 deal anyway. There's only two extras that really seem like a good deal and that's only if you're a solo traveler: the mini golf and the arcade.
I didn't even bother to speak to a manager. I simply ate my burger and handed her the voucher. It was after I had already eaten that she decided I had to buy something else in order to use the voucher. I simply told her the voucher did not say that and that I had used them already for previous trips that same year. I then stood up and walked out. She didn't try to stop me.

I agree I wish they would give us free mugs instead of the PH stuff. I also don't use the minigolf or arcade vouchers either. I currently have trips booked for May, Sept/Oct, and Dec. I plan on finding some kid down there to give the arcarde vouchers to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorphin View Post
The Photopass certificate seems like a good one, except for some reason, my documents were missing that certificate.
In order to get the photopass voucher you had to book online. People booking over the phone did not get them this year. Which way did you book? There's been a few threads about this, but I can't seem to find one right now.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #29
thorphin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post

In order to get the photopass voucher you had to book online. People booking over the phone did not get them this year. Which way did you book? There's been a few threads about this, but I can't seem to find one right now.
Yeah, I've been involved in those threads, so there's no need to hash it all out again here. Basically, I booked online, changed my resort via phone, kept the same confirmation number, but didn't get the voucher. I was told by two CMs that I didn't get the voucher because I booked 4+3. I'm going to speak to concierge at my resort when I check in before giving up and admitting, hey it's only $15.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #30
61292cna
DIS Veteran

Any other ideas floating around out there?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: