Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #736
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
OK. What kind of beer do they have at the pool bar? Do they have wine?
found this on allears.. it might have changed slightly..

Pina Colada $7.00
Margarita $7.00

Mississippi Mud Slide - frozen creamy concoction of Chambord and Bailey's Irish Cream in a chocolate swirled glass $8.00

Blue Moonshine - a tart and refreshing mixture of one blue liqueur and three white liquors with a splash of sweet and sour $7.75

Miss Melonie's Colada - A bodacious frozen blend of Midori and rum in a creamy pina colada mixture $8.00

Cajun Cool-Aid - A Cajun margarita - Midori 'n' tequila! $7.75

Southern Belle - Southern Comfort and peach schnapps blended with tangy cranberry juice $6.75

Frozen Favorites - Strawberry Daiquiri, Pina Colada or Margarita $7.00

16 ounce Draft Budwiser $4.50
16 ounce Draft Budwiser Light $4.50
Domestic Beer 16 ounce bottle $5.00 - $5.50
Imported Beer Can $4.50
Foster Oil Can $7.75

Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale $2.09
Bottled Water $2.00

Smoothies - Non-Alcoholic - $3.79
Strawberry, Pina Colada, Raspberry
Old 04-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #737
marypopfan
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what drinks are available for the mugs?
POFQ June 09
Allstar Sports/Caribe Royale/POP Century June-July 08
POFQ Feb 06
POP Century Mar 05
Polynesian Dec 02
Allstar Movies Feb 01
Allstar Music Nov 97
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #738
KSBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerbella6206 View Post
We will be there the very end of may- specifically May 27-June 3rd to celebrate my daugther's 3rd birthday. We are getting SOOOOO excited!! When will you be there? If you only have 33 days, it doesn't seem that we'll be there at the same time.
I will be there May 24-June 1. Requested Bldg 5 facing the hot tub. Have had this location 2 x and love it. But, really won't be too disappointed with any location.

To those Disers leaving real soon = Have a great trip.
It looks like several of us won't be far behind.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:55 AM   #739
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
OK. What kind of beer do they have at the pool bar? Do they have wine?
The pool bar menu is available at: Mardi Grogs Pool Bar. However I don't have a list of the beers, but I think someone else has posted that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypopfan View Post
Does anyone know what drinks are available for the mugs?
The refillable mugs dispensers are listed at: Port Orleans Refillable Mugs

Hang on, I feel a quick cut'npaste moment coming on...

Quote:
Drinks available at Port Orleans include (subject to change):
  • Tea
  • Coffee
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Iced Tea
  • Coke
  • Diet Coke
  • Caffine-free Diet Coke
  • Vanilla Coke
  • Cherry Coke
  • Barq’s Root Beer
  • Sprite
  • Tango
  • Minute Maid Light Lemonade (still)
  • Hi-C Flashin’ Fruit Punch (still)
  • Iced or hot water
Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #740
marypopfan
DIS Veteran

Thanks !!! I am going to have to check out that site.
POFQ June 09
Allstar Sports/Caribe Royale/POP Century June-July 08
POFQ Feb 06
POP Century Mar 05
Polynesian Dec 02
Allstar Movies Feb 01
Allstar Music Nov 97
Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #741
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

has anyone tried the pasta & shrimp dish at Boatwrights at all? thoughts?

I'm thinking that for our first day when my mom and I arrive, we're defintiely going to take it easy. Probably no parks. I definitely want to do the carriage ride at POR. As for dinner, I was thinking Boatwrights but my mom is VERY picky. She won't eat meat, and as for seafood, only shrimp..and nothing spicy or with a strong flavor. HOW we're related is beyond me! Looking at the menu it seems as though one of the only things she'll eat there is the pasta with shrimp or veggies. I tried to look up reviews on here but it doesn't seem like a lot of people have ordered it because I can't find anything!

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #742
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
has anyone tried the pasta & shrimp dish at Boatwrights at all? thoughts?

I'm thinking that for our first day when my mom and I arrive, we're defintiely going to take it easy. Probably no parks. I definitely want to do the carriage ride at POR. As for dinner, I was thinking Boatwrights but my mom is VERY picky. She won't eat meat, and as for seafood, only shrimp..and nothing spicy or with a strong flavor. HOW we're related is beyond me! Looking at the menu it seems as though one of the only things she'll eat there is the pasta with shrimp or veggies. I tried to look up reviews on here but it doesn't seem like a lot of people have ordered it because I can't find anything!

Thanks!
Your mom and I think alike about food, only I do eat chicken. The only fish I can eat is shrimp, but must be very careful.

Boatwrights is very popular, but we've never liked it. We find it noisy,crowded and dirty. We'd just as soon eat in the food court - but that's just us and many do like Boatwrights.

When we've stayed at FQ or POR we've gone to DTD for a relaxing boat ride and dinner at Cap'n Jacks. What we liked before was that we would request a table by the water and it was such a relaxing way to begin our vacation. The chef was wonderful about personalizing my order so it was free of the things I do not/cannot eat. Here's the dinner menu.

http://allears.net/menu/menu_cj.htm

A nice relaxing evening is such a great way to begin a WDW trip! Have fun!

Old 04-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #743
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Your mom and I think alike about food, only I do eat chicken. The only fish I can eat is shrimp, but must be very careful.

Boatwrights is very popular, but we've never liked it. We find it noisy,crowded and dirty. We'd just as soon eat in the food court - but that's just us and many do like Boatwrights.

When we've stayed at FQ or POR we've gone to DTD for a relaxing boat ride and dinner at Cap'n Jacks. What we liked before was that we would request a table by the water and it was such a relaxing way to begin our vacation. The chef was wonderful about personalizing my order so it was free of the things I do not/cannot eat. Here's the dinner menu.

How did you like Cap'n Jacks??? We are eating there for the first time on this trip.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #744
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
How did you like Cap'n Jacks??? We are eating there for the first time on this trip.
We really liked it, but have not been back since the menu changes (last time was 2006). Seems with the DDP Disney has kind of streamlined menu's and the great restaurants are not so great anymore. Maybe you can find some recent reviews on the restaurant board?

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #745
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDonna View Post
15 days...but still waiting for my Mickey Mail from my Travel agent. I may just give her a call soon.

We can't wait to get going though. I started packing my DD's stuff, and now I am gonna rummage to pack some of mine.

16 Days here! PACKING? Ooops! I knew I was forgetting something.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #746
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

thank you! I think I am leaning towards DTD... and Capt Jacks is on the list. That or Raglan Road b/c there's a filet of sole dish there that I know mom would eat! You picky eaters are so hard to please!
Old 04-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #747
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
thank you! I think I am leaning towards DTD... and Capt Jacks is on the list. That or Raglan Road b/c there's a filet of sole dish there that I know mom would eat! You picky eaters are so hard to please!
Ain't it the truth!!

Old 04-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #748
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Leaving in TWO days!!!!

I've requested a room in Building Four (closest to the bus stop, I think) and crossing my fingers for a corner room. I've heard these rooms have an extra window?
Old 04-24-2009, 03:17 AM   #749
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Leaving in TWO days!!!!

I've requested a room in Building Four (closest to the bus stop, I think) and crossing my fingers for a corner room. I've heard these rooms have an extra window?
That's the same request I made almost: building four, bottom floor, close as possible to food court and buses. I've made the exact same request twice before. I got building 4 both times, once on the top floor though and once on the second floor.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:18 AM   #750
LDCruiser
Sharing the Good Life

Hello All

Just arrived and somewhat new to this board and getting some helpful tips to make the magical place on earth more magical, if that possible.

Started planning a while back and wanted to celebrate our 20th anniv. in November 01, 09 and changed to November 30 to celebrate DW birthday and finally changed to December 08-17, 09 to celebrate all our birthdays and anniv.
We are selected POR FQ for our first time and would like Building 4 as well. I think it is the closest to the Bus and dining. Being the Holidays and Winter Season I dont think we will be using the pool much.

We have decided to change the same old air flight home to taking the Amtack train home, relaxing and going over our photos and recaping the days and highlight.

Has anyone taken the Amtrak from Kissimmee before?

227 days
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: