Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #736
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Smile

Tess,

I noticed you will be there when we get there!! hope we see you there!
I will be the Bloodshot eyed philadelphian with a red neck texas accent. with teens yelling "I WANT I WANT I WANT...." hope to see ya! we will be there may 8th to 16th staying in the Hawaii garden view.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/bszvqfx4noyyefig.png[/img]

Old 04-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #737
PiperMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL View Post
Tomorrow is ADR day (90) and I purchased our Auto-Train tickets over the weekend. Amtrak has a special promotion Kids ride for $19..Cost $768 round trip for the 5 of us, which includes dinner and continnetal breakfast.. Hopefully we will get all of our ADR's..
Sorry to go off topic but...
Have you taken the auto-train before? I am just curious of your experience and how you pass the time. I have looked into it occasionally but could never get my head wrapped around sitting in those seats for 20 hours (even if you can get up and walk around).

Thanks

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.
- Walt Disney

Can't wait to start planning our next trip home...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #738
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Tess,

I noticed you will be there when we get there!! hope we see you there!
I will be the Bloodshot eyed philadelphian with a red neck texas accent. with teens yelling "I WANT I WANT I WANT...." hope to see ya! we will be there may 8th to 16th staying in the Hawaii garden view.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/bszvqfx4noyyefig.png[/img]

We'll be there, you can recognize us since our pic is in the signature! If you notice us--say Howdy!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #739
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

I was looking at the FAQ, the picture of the bathroom shows a hair dryer on the counter top.

Does the rooms at the Poly include hair dryers? My very soon to be wife would like to know. If she doesn't have to pack her's that's less in her suitcase.

Disney Trips: 20 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009, April 2014 (Stone Harbor Club twice!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
Old 04-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #740
sharlon
2008 DisCup Nascar Champ
I went from saying words to BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
My kids respectfully debate the passage of gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJUNWDWFAN View Post
I was looking at the FAQ, the picture of the bathroom shows a hair dryer on the counter top.

Does the rooms at the Poly include hair dryers? My very soon to be wife would like to know. If she doesn't have to pack her's that's less in her suitcase.
Yes there are hairdryers in the rooms. If you look back a couple of pages, you can even see a close up of the dryer.

congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #741
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlon View Post
Yes there are hairdryers in the rooms. If you look back a couple of pages, you can even see a close up of the dryer.

congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!!!
Thank you very much! We are getting really excited! It's this friday!~ So close!

Disney Trips: 20 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009, April 2014 (Stone Harbor Club twice!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
Old 04-20-2009, 04:03 PM   #742
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Thank you very much! We are getting really excited! It's this friday!~ So close!
Best Wishes!

What a perfect place to honeymoon!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #743
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Glad you made it home. I looked for you, but never spotted you. I'm actually jealous or all of you who are comfy at home -- I'm pacing around the Austin airport, waiting for another 3 hr flight... And I hate flying. But we had a great trip!
Yuck! I feel for you - I hate flying too! I tried seeing if I could spot you on the balcony since we watched Wishes from the beach most nights we were there, but couldn't remember if you had two d's or just one. Hope you had a good flight home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
To all those who just came back...welcome home. I hope you had a magical vacation.

And finally 5 months to go until our magical vacation.
Thank you and looking forward to your trip reports!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Hi Kaffinito, welcome back! Sounds like you had a great trip...I forget...did you end up in Tokelau? What was your favorite thing about the Poly? I'm glad you got walk ups at Kona and 'Ohana...I've been trying to get an 'Ohana breakfast for about a month now and it's booked up my whole vacation...I"m hoping someone decides to sleep in! What was your favorite meal at WDW? I look forward to hearing more about your trip...ours is now 6 short days away, and I'm still not even close to ready. No packing, no planning, zilch. I'm starting to catch DD's cold so it looks like we'll both be recuperating on vacation, but, what a place to be sick, right?
Hi to you too! Better get packing! We ended up in Tokelau, and it was a good place for us. I highly recommend Samoa for you, since it's very close to the monorail, Captain Cooks, both pools, the boat dock, etc. They are definitely rebuilding the outside stairs at Fiji now. The workmen I spoke with said it would be at least a month before completion (But will probably be done before then )

For O'hana I would try the front desk concierge first, then if that doesn't work just show up in the AM and ask at the check in desk for Ohana. Even when the front desk said I couldn't get in, I did a "walk up" there and was seated in ten minutes for dinner. There were folks doing walk ups for Crystal Place (20 minutes to an hour and a half wait depending on party size) and we did several meals as walk ups at Kona Cafe. More for you later - I took pics with you in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
back when I was married, my NSDXH (not so dear ex husband )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL View Post
Tomorrow is ADR day (90) and I purchased our Auto-Train tickets over the weekend. Amtrak has a special promotion Kids ride for $19..Cost $768 round trip for the 5 of us, which includes dinner and continnetal breakfast.. Hopefully we will get all of our ADR's..
Yeah for you! Pretty soon you'll be there enjoying the lovey Poly!

Quote:
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Have a marvelous honeymoon!

Old 04-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #744
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Yuck! I feel for you - I hate flying too! I tried seeing if I could spot you on the balcony since we watched Wishes from the beach most nights we were there, but couldn't remember if you had two d's or just one. Hope you had a good flight home!
We have one DD, and we were up on our balcony 3 nights out of 7!!! It was a great way to watch Wishes, and we could even hear some of the sounds and music drift across the lake.

Glad you had a great time! Being at the Poly was so relaxing for us -- we just loved it! I don't think that this will be our last stay at the Poly...

Our flight home was as good as a flight can be -- it was our first time on Jet Blue and most probably not our last...

Couldn't help but fall victim to the bouncback promotion left in our room...

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #745
Ghick56
Earning My Ears

BounceBack

Please explain about the BounceBack offer. I know you have to book your next trip while you are still there- but what are the other specifics of the offer?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #746
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
It's is good luck to have your honeymoon at the Poly....we did!!! 30 years ago and are checking back in Saturday to celebrate our 30th anniversary!!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 04-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #747
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
*Sigh* just tried to upgrade to LVCL and they said there is no availability for our dates.

Maybe we'll keep trying, you never know right?
I have been trying almost every day for several weeks and can't upgrade...no availabiity for CL at all for the time we are going....what crummy economy??? LOL!!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 04-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #748
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghick56 View Post
Please explain about the BounceBack offer. I know you have to book your next trip while you are still there- but what are the other specifics of the offer?

Thanks in advance for your help.
The bounceback they had at the Poly was for 40% off a deluxe villa resort or 30% off a deluxe resort. The dates were somewhat ok but spaced out, I just remember that the deal ended on 12-24. You had to put down one nights room rate + tax at time of booking.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #749
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Advice please

Hello! We booked the Poly (club level) right at the end of the 4/3 promotion and I have enjoyed reading this thread everyday since. The thread itself has gotten me so excited for our trip in July. Here's where I need some advice from everyone that has stayed at the Poly (I have not). We are booked for 7 nights with 8 day park hopper tickets. We are going to go down to Orlando a few days early and stay near SeaWorld and do that park a couple of days. Then the plan is to move over to the Poly on 7/8. I hate split stays, but 9 nights at the Poly isn't in the budget (1,000 for the additional 2 nights-I had my DH call last night just to be sure). Well, yesterday I was reading some of the Swan/Dolphin threads and decided to get a quote for the 9 nights. With the current $99-for-the-second-room special and my teacher discount we can get 2 rooms for 9 nights for the price of 7 (1 room) at the Poly. Now I am seriously torn between the two. Has anyone stayed at both resorts and could give me some advice? We will be going to all 4 parks, but probably MK the most. Help please .

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Old 04-20-2009, 08:04 PM   #750
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
I have been trying almost every day for several weeks and can't upgrade...no availabiity for CL at all for the time we are going....what crummy economy??? LOL!!!

MJ
Do you have a pin code? We do and I was told that's part of the problem. So even though there is availability, I think they only allow a certain # of people to use a pin against these rooms (CL). I could be wrong, but that's what someone else told me.
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2015 ~ VOW RENEWAL (TBD)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: