Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #691
Jeanine3kids
Mouseketeer

Loved your NYC trip report, I being a New Yorker my whole life have never been to the statue of Liberty or Ellis Island LOL. Loved your world of Disney pictures and Central Park. I was also in NYC this past week I went in on Wednesday I had a reservation at American Girl Place Cafe for my DD 5th birthday that has become a little tradition my mom has made for my DD on her birthday. I also saw the set of the Today show I saw the back of kathy lees head Lol. I love that area of manhattan it is really nice. Also don't worry about missing the Lion King Nothing special. I did not like it at all.

Jeanine

P.S. your boys are so cute.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #692
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

OMG Diane, Tim is pulling in right now with Luke and I can't wait to show them. If I knew you would have been in that store I would have sent you cash to buy that jersey for Tim, TOO COOL!!!!! I wonder if you can get any of that Yankee/mickey stuff online?
GREAT trip, AWESOME photo's, now I want to go to New York. Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, The museum, even the M and M factory, HOW COOL!!!! Of course the Disney store looks incredible! I want that Minnie Lisa SO BAD!
Thanks for another awesome Mini TR, just think we'll both be writing our REAL TR's so soon, CAN'T WAIT!!!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #693
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

wow you did so much! It looked fab :
I am definately adding what you saw to my list, I can't wait to get to New York at some point!! :

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 04-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #694
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Great fun! I think NYC is a fun trip... so much to do. I am sad you did not get to see a show though...next time right?
Thanks Laura! Yes, we will definitely be seeing a show next time, as a matter of fact we are trying to get that $15 deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanine3kids View Post
Loved your NYC trip report, I being a New Yorker my whole life have never been to the statue of Liberty or Ellis Island LOL. Loved your world of Disney pictures and Central Park. I was also in NYC this past week I went in on Wednesday I had a reservation at American Girl Place Cafe for my DD 5th birthday that has become a little tradition my mom has made for my DD on her birthday. I also saw the set of the Today show I saw the back of kathy lees head Lol. I love that area of manhattan it is really nice. Also don't worry about missing the Lion King Nothing special. I did not like it at all.

Jeanine

P.S. your boys are so cute.
Hi Jeanine! I am so happy you joined my PTR! How sweet that you and your DD went to American Girl Place We walked by there but of course with 2 boys I have to wait until my sisters girls are old enough to go to enjoy/experience it!: Too funny about Kathy Lee's head Thanks for the heads up about the Lion King! I personally would love to see Mary Poppins but was thinking Lion King for the boys Now I am not so sure! Thanks for the sweet comment about the boys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
OMG Diane, Tim is pulling in right now with Luke and I can't wait to show them. If I knew you would have been in that store I would have sent you cash to buy that jersey for Tim, TOO COOL!!!!! I wonder if you can get any of that Yankee/mickey stuff online?
GREAT trip, AWESOME photo's, now I want to go to New York. Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, The museum, even the M and M factory, HOW COOL!!!! Of course the Disney store looks incredible! I want that Minnie Lisa SO BAD!
Thanks for another awesome Mini TR, just think we'll both be writing our REAL TR's so soon, CAN'T WAIT!!!
Lesley
I know I cannot believe how close the trip is getting! I PM'd yoou about the shirt! Thanks for all the great comments about our trip! Of course if you ever do get to NYC you have to come visit us and go to the beach!!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #695
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
wow you did so much! It looked fab :
I am definately adding what you saw to my list, I can't wait to get to New York at some point!! :

Thanks so much! There is so much to do and see in NYC 2 days really isn't enough! I would have loved to browse in all the stores too!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #696
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I'm subbing.........but I think it will take me a week to get caught up!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #697
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how much you saw in 2 days! I loved all the pictures. It looks like you had a great family vacation.

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
Old 04-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #698
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Loved your NY trip report. My DD was over my shoulder looking too.

We'll be in the world for part of the time you'll be there. I think we'll be eating at Princess Storybook around the same time. We're taking a mother-daughter trip to celebrate her 10th birthday.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 04-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #699
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane,
Looks like a great weekend! Thanks for sharing and loved all your pictures. WOD is such a fun store. I love Toys R Us times square too . I have never been up in the Statue of Liberty, seen her dozens of times though. That Museum is so huge, takes most of the day just to see everything there. you guys got so much done. Loved the ground zero pics and Central Park too. You had a great day for Central Park. Maybe you can go to AG with your nieces .
Old 04-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #700
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I'm subbing.........but I think it will take me a week to get caught up!
Thanks so much for joining us! I put links on the 1st page to each update! I hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
I can't believe how much you saw in 2 days! I loved all the pictures. It looks like you had a great family vacation.
Thanks so much!! We did have a GREAT time! Thanks so much for posting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Loved your NY trip report. My DD was over my shoulder looking too.

We'll be in the world for part of the time you'll be there. I think we'll be eating at Princess Storybook around the same time. We're taking a mother-daughter trip to celebrate her 10th birthday.
Thanks so much for taking the time to post! How sweet to take a mother/ daughter trip! If you see us at Akershus, be sure to say hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Diane,
Looks like a great weekend! Thanks for sharing and loved all your pictures. WOD is such a fun store. I love Toys R Us times square too . I have never been up in the Statue of Liberty, seen her dozens of times though. That Museum is so huge, takes most of the day just to see everything there. you guys got so much done. Loved the ground zero pics and Central Park too. You had a great day for Central Park. Maybe you can go to AG with your nieces .
Thanks Nichole! We had a BLAST! We did get alot done but we were so TIRED on Saturday! I am definitely going to AG with my nieces!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #701
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Great mini TR Diane ! It looks like you had a great trip. I can't believe how much you did in two days. Ground zero is a very emotional place. I did a girls bus trip last year and got pretty emotional myself when we visited. I also spent a small fortune in the M&M store. Guess we are suckers.

All the pics of the trip were great. I loved the ones of Central Park and the Statue of Liberty. The one of the boys holding their noses by the foot is too cute. The Disney store looked huge ... reminded me of the Disney store in DTD. You have definitely inspired me to take my boys on a trip to NYC soon.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #702
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Great mini TR Diane ! It looks like you had a great trip. I can't believe how much you did in two days. Ground zero is a very emotional place. I did a girls bus trip last year and got pretty emotional myself when we visited. I also spent a small fortune in the M&M store. Guess we are suckers.

All the pics of the trip were great. I loved the ones of Central Park and the Statue of Liberty. The one of the boys holding their noses by the foot is too cute. The Disney store looked huge ... reminded me of the Disney store in DTD. You have definitely inspired me to take my boys on a trip to NYC soon.

about being suckers at the M&M store!! Isn't amazing how when you think of 9/11 and then actually see it and try to put yourself there how overwhelming it is! Thanks for all of your sweet comments about the pictures! The Disney Store is huge but the one in Orlando is bigger! I hope you get to take your NYC trip soon!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #703
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Exciting changes!

There have been some exciting changes going on behind the scenes here at our house!! First change is that we changed our dates for our Food and Wine trip! We were originally going from 11/4-11/8 but now we are going from 10/31-11/5! The town we live in is a little kooky when it comes to Halloween. We host a HUGE Halloween parade every year so all the kids actually trick or treat on 10/30 instead of 10/31...this way everyone can go to the parade (which they do). So the entire trip is a surprise to the boys....BUT the best part is now we can go to MNSSHP on 11/1 HOPEFULLY! I have no idea when tickets go on sale though Also, we will be there on Eric's actual birthday, which is something he has been begging us to do for well over a year!! (I am sure Matthew will say "That's not fair!" AND because we knocked off 1 weekend night it is costing us the same amount of points to stay an extra night!!! How is that for some good math!

I was also able to book the boys into the Sandcastle Kids Club @ the Beach Club so Bryan and I can have dinner alone on our ACTUAL anniversary at the Yachtsman Steakhouse! Does it get any better?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #704
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Awesome changes! FYI, I think the MNSSHP tickets typically go on sale May 1st.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #705
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

That is so exciting!!!

That is great boys will not miss out on trick or treating at home

I had no idea the boys were going on the F&W Trip. I think I confused you with Tim and Lesley, as they are going without the kids right for F&W?

How are you surprising them?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: