Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Calissto31
Mouseketeer

GF for 1st Anniversary...Tips?

Hey all,

I've already done some posting but I am quite new to the boards. 4th of July weekend my husband and I are celebrating our 1yr wedding anniversary but have been together for over 9 yrs. I have stayed at almost every resort but my husband is still behind on a few. He always hears me talking about the GF which I've loved ever since my first stay as a child but has not had a chance to stay there yet. As a result I am surprising him and have told him that we are staying at the BC when we are really staying at the GF in a TPV room. I've told him we are having breakfast at 1900 Park Fare so that he won't question why we are driving to the GF when we first get there. I've already noted that it is our anniversary in the reservation and I also have an ADR for July 4th at Le Cellier. I'm also thinking of possibly having in room dining on the 3rd which is when we check in and maybe seeing the fireworks from our room. Possibly getting a mini castle cake too. I'm here looking for any tips and specific room number that would have an amazing view, any anniversary ideas....

Thank you all and I'll be sure to post after our trip with pictures and updates.

Should probably note that I go to disney at least 2 times a year.....

Calissto31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Cinderella94
now and then i have to remind myself how extremely hot it gets in those things
Why do all of those sound like they could've come out of my mouth

No tips (never been to the GF, love eating at 1900 PF though!) but to the DIS and have an awesome trip!
Cinderella94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
minnie4me
DIS Veteran

GF is the best !! DH and I love it there...
you can make ressies at Narccossee's and watch the fireworks from there. We have never ate there that late, but it is such a nice Castle view. Make sure you tell them it is 1st anniv. and ask for a great view !! This is also our favorite restaurant. If ADR for this doesn't work for you...there is always the beach for viewing fireworks.
No matter what you decide....Enjoy !!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
goofygal531
Always planning...

You can order from Narcoossee's from PD. Just stop by when they open at 5pm for their most recent menu.

DH ordered me a mini castle cake for my birthday last year. It was cheesecake! Very yummy and the perfect size!

You could surprise him with a platter of tuxedo strawberries.

Last June I noticed a couple ordered breakfast from PD every morning by the courtyard pool. It was early morning (7am) I thought it was so romantic! You can have PD deliver ANYWHERE on the grounds!

Rent a cabana for a half day by the pool. They're recently upgraded. DH will love the Wii games they just added (that did it for my DH! )

Have a wonderful anniversary! DH and I will be celebrating our 10th! The GF has become our families favorite resort. Even my DS5 loves it there!

ETA: Don't forget about the Spa!! DH and I have gotten couples massages there that were amazing!

I usually send DH on a Segway tour each trip. That would make a nice "anniversary gift". There's an off road Segway tour at Ft Wl. That would give you 2 hours to enjoy some spa time or monorail shopping

Our Disney Vacations
8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan

Last edited by goofygal531; 04-15-2009 at 03:12 PM.
goofygal531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
TammiMcMan
Hai Majide

Sago Cay building would be a great request for theme park view. You don't have to worry about specific room numbers, as they're all good from there (no obstructions).

I would call maybe a week or two before you head down and ask to speak with someone in private dining for your July 3rd dinner. I think it's an excellent idea, to have something setup on your own balcony. Narcoossee's is nice and we celebrated an anniversary there a few years ago, but it can be pretty noisy. I'd much prefer a quieter location, plus you could have a much better Wishes view right from your own room. They'll help you with menu selections and can help with a special dessert (like the castle cake).

Have fun.

TammiMcMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Calistto Welcome to the DIS...what a wonderful place to celebrate your first anniversary!! Another dining suggestion would be to make a reservation at Narcoosees for dinner...they will personalize your menu to say Happy Anniversay with your names on it...it makes a nice keepsake ...also you can request a table near the windows and if you book your meal around the time of Wishes you can watch it from right there...really very nice way to have a special dinner...

Have a great trip and Happy Anniversary too...

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
Calissto31
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Thank you all for the great tips and well wishes...soooo excited!

Calissto31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4th of july, anniversary, grand floridian, july, romance

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: