Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #76
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Just want to wish a "Happy Easter"to all our Dis buddies! Here's hoping the Easter bunny leaves many treats at your house and that you are blessed to be surrounded with dear friends and family!
Old 04-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #77
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
My first choice was POFQ but of course its filled so we are staying at...wait for it...CBR! I am a bit leery of how large it is but I think it looks beautiful and I love that the rooms are newly refurbed!!Thats all for now...but what do ya'll think? Did we make the right choice? Will we enjoy CBR more than Pop? (I do want to hop to Pop while we're there and if we like it we'll stay there next year.)

Wow! I just found your PTR and have only read the first few pages, but I LOVE that you are both writing this together. What fun. I can't imagine being able to write a report with anybody in my household. They would NEVER!

Not sure if anyone answered your question or not, but I think you will enjoy CBR a lot more than POP. Not that there is anything wrong with POP, but I find the mods to have a much more relaxing atmosphere compared to the values. The nice thing about CBR is you can see the bowling pins from POP in the distance. My first morning there I kept thinking, "what is that?????" Since I'm a runner I got braved one morning and actually ran over to POP from CBR. I was actually in the furthest spot part of CBR in relation to POP.

How did I get there????? I actually went all the way to Trinidad South and the walked along the edge of the service road. This intersects with the main entrance road to POP. I carefully crossed that road and entered the 50's parking lot of POP (after cutting through some shrubs). I would only recommend doing this in the am when the traffic is light.

Anyway, that trip over to POP convinced me that I could stay there, and I have since.

Now I am going to read more of your PTR.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #78
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Monday Morning So Caitlin dialed wdw travel for the umpteenth time and we're in! This is such a relief as I've been so worried about DH at CBR! We've always wanted to try POFQ but its always booked so this is a real treat. Speaking of treats, I cannot wait for those beignets! Last year when we were at POR we picked some up on the morning of Caitlin's surf lesson and ate them on the beach at TL. They are so yummy and count as a snack credit on the DP! Thats all for now. We'll have our Day5 plan up soon!
That will teach me to post before I read. Loved POFQ! Stayed there for one night with DH prior to SSR and we both loved it! So pretty. Huge improvement from the values!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #79
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That will teach me to post before I read. Loved POFQ! Stayed there for one night with DH prior to SSR and we both loved it! So pretty. Huge improvement from the values!
Hi and ! Glad you found us! Caitlin and I love these Disboards and with her being an "only" we're extremely close so it seemed natural that we'd do a report together and share our different perspectives. I agree with you that the mods are more relaxing than the values. When we've stayed at ASMo it seems so much louder and crazier than at the mods. We're excited about POFQ but I do hope one day to convince DH to try out CBR and then we'll have done all the mods and can truly know which is our favorite! But DH and I just may be trying Pop out afterall. We are considering taking a long weekend,just the two of us, for free dining!We haven't booked yet but it is under "serious consideration". We have not had a trip just the two of us since Caitlin was a baby! So we decided now that she is a responsible young adult its time for a twosome trip. When/if we book I will let ya'll know!
Old 04-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #80
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

French quarter is awesome, I have some photos in a mini-tr I did in my pre-tr. We'll be at WDW the same time as you, we are going the 10th-17th!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #81
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But DH and I just may be trying Pop out afterall. We are considering taking a long weekend,just the two of us, for free dining!We haven't booked yet but it is under "serious consideration". We have not had a trip just the two of us since Caitlin was a baby! So we decided now that she is a responsible young adult its time for a twosome trip. When/if we book I will let ya'll know!
That's funny, cause DH and I are staying at POP for 4 nights in September for free dining. Once we joined DVC I didn't think we be back to any of the values other than for a night or two, but its so economical for a quick trip. We will have AP's from our June trip, so this trip is basically costing us airfare, value room rate, and two 1 day tickets. It's hard to pass up. I stayed at POP in January 08 (solo trip) and it was not crowded at all and I had a very pleasant stay. I hope late September is low for crowds, too. DH and I also did a solo trip last December (POFQ/SSR) and it was very fun. I highly recommend the adults only trip!

Old 04-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #82
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That's funny, cause DH and I are staying at POP for 4 nights in September for free dining. Once we joined DVC I didn't think we be back to any of the values other than for a night or two, but its so economical for a quick trip. We will have AP's from our June trip, so this trip is basically costing us airfare, value room rate, and two 1 day tickets. It's hard to pass up. I stayed at POP in January 08 (solo trip) and it was not crowded at all and I had a very pleasant stay. I hope late September is low for crowds, too. DH and I also did a solo trip last December (POFQ/SSR) and it was very fun. I highly recommend the adults only trip!
Thanks for the on our "adult's only" trip! I'm glad to hear you liked Pop! I've always heard good things about it! You are right the return trip for FD is a great deal! We're thinking of going the end of Sept. which is the beginning of the Food and Wine Fest. We've always wanted to go to that and the MNSSHP so this would be an opportunity to do both in one long weekend! We'd spend the third day at Universal Studios. We have the free ticket from the Super Bowl promotion so we'd only have to purchase one ticket. The airfare prices look good so it would be a very reasonably priced getaway! DH is fortunate to be getting a very nice yearly bonus next month so I am pretty sure,assuming there is availability, that we will book when we get back from this trip.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:01 AM   #83
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! Three weeks from now we should be on a plane and headed toward WDW!! It's getting so close now that even DH is starting to get excited! He is through with inventory at work and ready for some R&R!! He has even started suggesting some things that he'd like to try! He saw a pic of the Kitchen Sink in a dining report Caitlin was reading and decided we "MUST" try one! It was pretty funny how excited it made him so we will be visiting Beaches and Cream during a break on one of our Epcot days. Something else he wants to try is the new "Characters in Flight" balloon at DTD. He and Caitlin love the idea of going up in the hot air balloon and seeing all of WDW. He's hoping to get some great shots with that new toy of his. I will not be joining them on their ride as my feeling about heights is best summed up like this... I will just have to force myself to shop while they're ballooning. I had already planned at least one visit to DTD but I am trying to not "overplan" so I figure we'll just go over there whenever time allows. Its so nice to take the boat from the PO resorts over to DTD instead of always being on a bus! The last bit of news for now is that we got a great ADR for OHana!! Someone posted on the May adr thread that they were cancelling a party of 4 at 7pm! A perfect time and on a day we had already planned on being at MK!! The poster graciously gave me her adr name and # and now we'll get to go to Ohana which is new to us!! I'm also thinking we'll be able to catch Wishes from the Poly beach that night which was on my "must do" list! I'm pretty excited!!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #84
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo only 3 weeks that's great I think you will really like Ohana we ate there last year and loved it , we've put it on our must do list every year , after only eating there once

We only have 2 weeks as of today also, Woo Hoo
Old 04-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #85
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
The last bit of news for now is that we got a great ADR for OHana!! Someone posted on the May adr thread that they were cancelling a party of 4 at 7pm! A perfect time and on a day we had already planned on being at MK!! The poster graciously gave me her adr name and # and now we'll get to go to Ohana which is new to us!! I'm also thinking we'll be able to catch Wishes from the Poly beach that night which was on my "must do" list! I'm pretty excited!!
That is going to be awesome! How cool that worked out. You will love Ohana. Just make sure to save plenty of room for food! It's all so good and there's so much of it.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #86
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the on our "adult's only" trip! I'm glad to hear you liked Pop! I've always heard good things about it! You are right the return trip for FD is a great deal! We're thinking of going the end of Sept. which is the beginning of the Food and Wine Fest. We've always wanted to go to that and the MNSSHP so this would be an opportunity to do both in one long weekend! :
I have always wanted to go to free dining and stay for the food and wine fest. Unfortunately, this trip we have to go the week before, as my coworker will be going on a 3 week Safari (the real kind, in Africa) starting in the beginning of October.

Yesterday i actually fought the urge to rebook to a moderate resort, but I am committed to making this an inexpensive trip. I rather use the extra $ for MNSSHP and, perhaps, a behind the scene tour. I've already done KTTK, so I'm thinking something at AK.

Anyway - I am very excited that your trip is getting so close. Kuddos for getting the ADR at Ohana's. I love the food there, but always get too full before they bring the shrimp out! The appe chicken wings are fantastic!

So nice that your DH really gets into the planning. You will really have fun on a solo trip!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #87
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

I am so glad that everyone gives to Ohana! We will make sure that we arrive there very hungry so that we have room for everything!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #88
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Day 7

Unfortunately this will be our last full day at Disney

We haven't even left for out trip yet and I am feeling down about our last full day

Our plan is to get to the Animal Kingdom for rope drop

we usually get to AK for the rope drop and end up doing everything we want to by noon so it's a good plan but also the reason we haven't stuck around for the parade before

Then we have a lunch ADR at Yak and Yeti

we have never eaten here before but I have heard mostly good things about it so I am excited for it

I really want that wonton dessert haha

then after lunch we will go to whatever park we feel like for the rest of the day

I am looking forward to doing Expedition Everest most likely our first day there the line will be too long to do it and on our last trip I was the first in line and in the first car for it So much better being in the front you get a better view of the yeti!

I also hope we can get in a show today as well. My mom and I went to Finding Nemo our last trip so I am hoping we could go to The Lion King because we haven't done that since our first trip to the Animal Kingdom which was a very long time ago

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 04-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #89
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

When we went in Dec. we had a good "plan" at RD. I have no desire to ever ride EE again so at RD Cait headed to EE while I went the opposite direction and got FP for the Safari. We then met up in front of Dinosaur after she rode twice. This allowed us to get the "big" attractions out of the way very quickly. We then hung around DinoLand until about a half hour before the first showing of Nemo and then we got in line at Nemo. We were probably the second group in line and so we got some great seats. This show is adorable and I'd like to continue this plan so DH can catch Nemo too. If we follow this plan we should be done in time for our 11am adr. I think we'd do the safari and then see anything we missed our other AK day or just hop over to another park or two. The last full day is always bittersweet but usually by that time my ankles are swollen and at least one part of my body is ready to go home.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #90
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Awww yes the dreded last day always so sad

Sounds like you have a good plan though We love Nemo also and try to see it every year if we can . I'm not much of a thrill rider either so I can symphasize with you there , I also suffer from motion sickness

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: