Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

A Gem of a Birthday-Celebrating my 40th@AKL(No Kids!)11/03 Link to Next report!

You won't roll your eyes at me when I say I'm going to Disney again. You won't raise your eyebrows when I tell you I'm going to celebrate my 40th birthday by dining at Cinderella's Castle. You won't laugh at my detailed touring plans that are color coded and lamenated. I won't hear "Are you still talking about Disney?" from you. No, not you.

You might be a little surprised to hear that I'm leaving my three kids behind. That just Dh and I going to recapture some romance and remember our Disneymoon that was what seems like a long 12 years, three kids, one dog, two houses and four careers ago. But once I explain that it is only a weekend, that we have taken our kids to Disney before and that we never took that 10 year anniversary trip we promised ourselves, I think you might understand.

Sure I will miss the kids (not the whole time but I'm sure there will be moments when I wish they were with us) but I know they will be fine with my parents. Plus don't Dh and I deserve a little time alone? What about all those theories where you have to work at your marriage?

After all these years of Mothering and catering to everyone else in the family I am so looking forward to this trip. It's going to be three nights of doing Disney they way we (ahem.. really me) want to do it.

I find myself thinking I can't believe I get to go to Disney for my Birthday all the time.

I can't believe that I get to leave the children behind and make this trip all about me-cause it's my birthday and I get to be the most important person of all on this trip. Not Dh, not my three kids, not my parents. ME ME ME ME!

So if reading about a 40 year old woman celebrating her birthday by leaving her kids and doing disney with her hubby interests you stay tuned. I'd love to have you follow along with me.

I promise to post some pictures and be back with the story behind the trip or how it all came to be.

The next post has the links to each chapter so you can follow along.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground

Last edited by Diamondintheruff; 11-03-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: