Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #121
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone... I dont feel real well and have tried to skim what people have wrote, so forgive me if i dont address everything.

Im 24 (close in age to when some of you had gallbladder issues).

I decided against the ER for the time being. I know what will happen. Ill get a urine, they will give me a hydro, and tell me to call my doctor. So why not skip the hydro and just try and get in touch with my dr, right?

So I went upstairs after i wrote you guys and my tylenol started wearing off. I HATE meds... I like to know whats going on- not necessarily have it temporarily altered. I want to know if im getting better or worse. So i decided i'd watch Gran Torino. I call my mom again and she screams "gallbladder" so I decide to get the nastiest, greasiest thing for lunch- a pizza, and see if i can diagnose myself. I ate it and didnt get sick, along with some milk. Im not too sure its my gallbladder now. I go back upstairs and watch the movie on my heating pad. That did help. It really made me realize that this is very much in my left side of my back, not as much my right, just below the ribs and above the hip... middle to left of the back. I got comfortable enough to turn off the heating pad and I dosed off for a bit (gosh i needed that nap terribly). I woke up about 3 hrs later and turned the heating pad back on. Im trying to control it this way so that i can really use the tylenol through the night. I decided to call my cousin who was my OBs nurse for 10yrs. She said that she agreed that our ER would be a waste of time, as would our after hours clinic. For some reason none will touch a pregnant person with a 10ft pole- and hardly a non-pregnant person. She told me that IF i could make it through the night, and only IF, that I would call in the morning and as an OB patient DEMAND to be seen. She said that that seems to always work. So im going to try my hardest to make it through the night. I havent been very active today, and feel really crummy-- like fever/infection sluggish crummy. My face looks a mess from crying all day, and im still in my PJs and the house is a wreck. I just feel so terribly abnormal. I will definitely be in to the doctor tomorrow, regardless of what happens through the night. And if the pain is anywhere like last night at 2:30 and again at 7:30am ill certainly be at the ER. I cannot go through that again. I think its been a little better today during the day but only because im more active than laying in one place for so many hours.

Thanks for all your kindness and stern voices-- i know i need them.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #122
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Maggie, glad you updated us. Please rest and keep us posted in the am.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #123
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Thanks everyone... I dont feel real well and have tried to skim what people have wrote, so forgive me if i dont address everything.

I decided against the ER for the time being. I know what will happen. Ill get a urine, they will give me a hydro, and tell me to call my doctor. So why not skip the hydro and just try and get in touch with my dr, right?

Thanks for all your kindness and stern voices-- i know i need them.
Oh Maggie...I hope you can find more relief. I know this is crazy, but is there another ER you can get to or an urgent care or anything?? You are way too miserable to be trying to get throught this on your own.

Thanks for the update!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #124
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Patsy, I think it was you who originally had a sleepy baby who wasn't doing much movement (but I could be wrong)...just wondering if things have picked up. I feel like I have a Rockette in my tummy kicking away all the time.

How about the rest of you?

Ann
I too have a jitterbug in my belly. She moves, kicks and punches all the time. The only time I don't feel her is when I am walking. It is pretty crazy.

Maggie- glad you were able to get some relief today. Hope you have a better night tonight.

I am at 29 weeks so I have not packed a bag yet. I know what Natalie will wear home, but I have NO IDEA what to pack for myslef. I know I will want something comfy to wear in the hospital, but dont know what size to bring. I'll probably pack so much it will look like I am moving in.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #125
december
DIS Veteran

Maggie, please take care of yourself!

I will be 35 wks tomorrow, and don't have a bag packed yet. I have an appt tomorrow, and plan to do some shopping while I'm there (dr's office and good shopping centers are all in the same area, about an hour from home). I need some new pjs or a nursing gown. I have some newborn clothes, but I may look for something else while I'm over there, too. I also bought a new camera, so I need to get it and some more batteries packed.

I may also have a new job offer tomorrow! While I was in the hospital Thursday, a neighboring principal called dh and asked him if I was still interested in changing schools. Dh said he sounded like the job was mine if I wanted it. His son works with me, and he and dh are friends, so I guess that is why he got the phone call. I had to work today, but that school was out, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him. I'm leaving work tomorrow at 11:30 (min. time for half a day's pay) and my appt isn't until 1:45. I'm going to try to run by and see him for about 30 min before I have to head to my appt.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #126
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post

I call my mom again and she screams "gallbladder" so I decide to get the nastiest, greasiest thing for lunch- a pizza, and see if i can diagnose myself. I ate it and didnt get sick, along with some milk. Im not too sure its my gallbladder now.
Don't discredit your gallbladder. I eat pizza constantly and order pizza subs for lunch constantly, too. Also, crazy bread from little caesars. I'm a pizza girl.

Things that give me attacks are chips, pop, and mexican.

I don't drink milk so I can't say much for that. Just saying- what you might think would trigger it, won't always do it.
The night I landed in the ER the only thing I'd eaten (because of the pain, who wants to eat in that much pain?) was a bowl of chicken noodle soup.
Hours later I was doubled over in pain.

Gallbladders do not discriminate.

Not saying it IS... but don't rule it out yet.

Let us know how the Dr.'s go. You're in my thoughts!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:04 AM   #127
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Today is Veronica's big day... will it be a or ?!?!?!??!
Can't wait to hear.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #128
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Good luck Veronica, can't wait to hear what you're having.

Maggie, please let us know how things go with the doctor. We all worry about you.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 AM   #129
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

I hate being high risk

Just a little vent......

I hate being high risk. I hate having no idea of what a normal pregnant woman feels like. I hate that *any* time I feel aware of my uterus, my first thought is not "the babies are moving, how cool" but rather waves of panic and my hands go to my belly to see if I'm starting to have any contractions, because I don't trust that I'll actuallly *feel* any contractions unless my hands are right there & I'm thinking about it & looking for them.

Last night (and other nights too) I've been sitting in my recliner watching TV & I start to feel my uterus, and my hands basically fly to my belly and I wait, which makes DH panic and ask what's going on. Eventually I decide that it's just normal stretching (there are 2 growing babies in there after all) or I'm feeling the babies move. Since I have an anterior placenta it makes feeling movement a little tougher. Not really feeling punches or kicks yet, when I feel movement it feels like they are rolling around.

I really wish that I could enjoy this. I was doing a pretty good job of putting the scary part of this pregnancy out of my mind, and not thinking about it, until I ended up the ER at the end of vacation. It was like a cold hard slap of reality, "oh no, YOU do not get to act and feel like every other pregnant woman walking around -- and if you try to, well we have ways of getting you back to scared sh#tless again." It sucks.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #130
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post

I will be 35 wks tomorrow, and don't have a bag packed yet. I have an appt tomorrow, and plan to do some shopping while I'm there (dr's office and good shopping centers are all in the same area, about an hour from home). I need some new pjs or a nursing gown. I have some newborn clothes, but I may look for something else while I'm over there, too. I also bought a new camera, so I need to get it and some more batteries packed.

I may also have a new job offer tomorrow! While I was in the hospital Thursday, a neighboring principal called dh and asked him if I was still interested in changing schools. Dh said he sounded like the job was mine if I wanted it. His son works with me, and he and dh are friends, so I guess that is why he got the phone call. I had to work today, but that school was out, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him. I'm leaving work tomorrow at 11:30 (min. time for half a day's pay) and my appt isn't until 1:45. I'm going to try to run by and see him for about 30 min before I have to head to my appt.
Yay!! Hope it is everything you're looking for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Just a little vent......

I hate being high risk. I hate having no idea of what a normal pregnant woman feels like. I hate that *any* time I feel aware of my uterus, my first thought is not "the babies are moving, how cool" but rather waves of panic and my hands go to my belly to see if I'm starting to have any contractions, because I don't trust that I'll actuallly *feel* any contractions unless my hands are right there & I'm thinking about it & looking for them.

Last night (and other nights too) I've been sitting in my recliner watching TV & I start to feel my uterus, and my hands basically fly to my belly and I wait, which makes DH panic and ask what's going on. Eventually I decide that it's just normal stretching (there are 2 growing babies in there after all) or I'm feeling the babies move. Since I have an anterior placenta it makes feeling movement a little tougher. Not really feeling punches or kicks yet, when I feel movement it feels like they are rolling around.

I really wish that I could enjoy this. I was doing a pretty good job of putting the scary part of this pregnancy out of my mind, and not thinking about it, until I ended up the ER at the end of vacation. It was like a cold hard slap of reality, "oh no, YOU do not get to act and feel like every other pregnant woman walking around -- and if you try to, well we have ways of getting you back to scared sh#tless again." It sucks.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #131
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good luck with the job!!! Happy shopping.
Quote:
Just a little vent......

I can't even begin to imagine. Try to relax, but I know that is hard!
We are all here to vent to anytime.

Anytime I am in the recliner my hand automatically goes on my belly to feel the baby move. My DH gets nervous right away too, I get the what is wrong you better be telling me comment. Gotta love protective hubbies!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #132
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
No I am not packed yet...I have a little while still, I guess I will do it around 35 weeks. I have to make sure I have stuff packed for DS also to go with whoever when the time comes.

Does anyone have swelling of fingers or feet going on? I had it with DS, but none yet...knock on wood.
I have been having some swelling of the hands and feet already. Of course everything seems to be more abnormal with this pregnancy than with dd. I don't think I mentioned but the baby was measuring 3.7 lbs putting my due date at June17th! My dr. said she wasn't gonna change my due date though-it just that he is measuring at the high percentile for his weight! (Oh, great!)

Quote:

Good luck or maybe I should say congrats on the new job!
Thats exciting!
Quote:
Just a little vent......

Hang in there and of course keep trying to not stress too much about it (I know, easier said than done right!)
I am the same way on the contractions and holding onto the belly. I cna't always tell if I am having them so I have to put my hands to my stomach since I am not supposed to have more than 4 in an hour. But I am definitely having to go to the bathroom ALOT more now that I have to drink so much fluid!

Maggie-I hope today (and hopefully last night) go a lot better for you.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #133
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Just a little vent......

I know the high risk is scary.... it's hard to enjoy the 'little things'. The time will fly by, and you'll get to the 'safe' stage and then you can enjoy those flutters til your hearts content
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #134
harleyquinn

So I spent a while last night reading trip reports and threads about taking little ones to WDW...like a couple of hours...

And then I realized there was no way I wanted to take a 12 month old to WDW in August. lol No matter how awesome people say it can be...I'll probably change my mind by next summer (or be even more firm in my commitment). I never can seem to last more than 6 months after a trip before I get Disney Amnesia and think going back is a good idea.

I have to keep reminding myself that my last couple of trips have been less than perfect and I do not need to go back right away. It's been 4 months since I was last there so we'll see.

So have any of you or do you plan to do any other trips with your little one besides disney. I figure we'll do test runs at the zoo and local amusement parks, but I'd love to actually have a vacation next summer....
Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #135
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Harleyquinn- As of right now, our plan is to go to Disney the day after Thanksgiving. Just the 2 of us. My parents will be coming in and watching Natalie for us. We will be spending 5 nights away. We have planned on a some mini-vacations that we can drive to with her. If any of you live in Texas, the Hyatt Hill Country Resort is a great place for families. For us, it is a 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive. Not bad. My parents also live 2 1/2 hours away. Those are the only trips we have planned.

My husband and I are thinking of doing the mini marathon in January at Disney. I know, what am I crazy? We have never done a marathon. We are not runners. I just thought it would be great motivation to get back into shape after the baby is born. I like to watch the Biggest Loser, and a couple of weeks ago, they all ran one. That really got me thinking.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: