Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #91
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Maggie- better safe than sorry. I would head to the ER, if anything, for the peace of mind. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #92
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Do any of you visit any other pregnancy boards? If so which ones? I have not found any real active ones I like.

Thanks,
Ann
Well, I do hang around the babycenter boards, they are very active, but they are HUUUUUGE. The September 2009 Birth Club has over 3700 members. So it's not tight & intimate, like around here. Plus you get the the "drama" issues when you have a huge board like that. But if you have a question or want opinions from a lot of women, there are always a ton of people around.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #93
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Maggie, I am going to echo the sentiments of the other ladies and say that I definitely think you should head to the E.R. Even if you feel like your E.R. isn't up to par I think it's better to be safe than sorry. Let us know when you know something and I hope you feel better soon

So tomorrow is the big day! I find out the sex tomorrow...FINALLY I work late tonight but I will be on as soon as I can tomorrow to let you all know the news. I am so excited
Old 04-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #94
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
So tomorrow is the big day! I find out the sex tomorrow...FINALLY I work late tonight but I will be on as soon as I can tomorrow to let you all know the news. I am so excited
Can't wait to hear Veronica...enjoy every second of watching that little one!

Ann

Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #95
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Maggie, I agree with the others. Go to the ER to get piece of mind and let us know how you make out, I am using my stern voice!!!!

Do any of you visit any other pregnancy boards? If so which ones? I have not found any real active ones I like.

Thanks,
Ann
I am on the "What to Expect" message boards. Its big but not huge. I don't post on there very often though-I usually just post on here. Gotta love the DIS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
Can't wait to here what you're having! Have fun!

Old 04-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #96
caitty13
DIS Veteran

I am on the baby center boards too. I read a lot but the posts move so fast...
Old 04-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #97
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great Easter.

Maggie, I hope you're doing better now!
Old 04-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #98
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
It has been a really really rough night and morning!

I woke up at about 2:30 am on my right side with severe pain in my back. Not like pregnancy back ache- im talking about back ache like an infection or something. So it so bad that I felt nauseated and wanted to vomit. So I went to the bathroom and laid back down, on my back, with a pillow behind my back. The pain is above my hips, and below my shoulder blades, although theres an ache from the hips up to my neck. I have a HIGH tolerance for pain, and am not one to reach for the medicine bottle with every symptom. I dont take medicine lightly in the least. But when this hit at 2:30am I immediately reached for 2 Tylenol. It took about an hour for them to kick in and give me some type of relief. At that point i noticed that when I breathed deep it would cause more discomfort in my back. I know what pregnancy back pain is-- and this isnt it. So I was still in pain but had enough relief to dose off. So I wake up at about 7:15am with pain just like the first time, hard, strong, really covering my entire back and making me feel like i need to vomit. It isnt just in the back, it somewhat wraps around the front where my ribs and stomach are. At this point im up for the day. So I take 2 more Tylenol and try and call my mom (and RN). She says ofcourse I need to call my OB. Since my OB doesnt open until 9, i have DH rub my back a little bit and decide to get in the bath with my bath pillow. I get out and the Tylenol is starting to kick in.

I call my OB and she asks how far along I am and I tell her 18wks and my symtoms. She calls back and says that im not far enough along to go to the family birthing center... and if im having trouble breathing (which im not- its just effecting my breathing ) then I need to go to the ER. Thats all she knew to tell me. HELLO? I havent had an u/s since 6 wks. The ER in this town is as useless as going to garbage truck driver for medical advice. They do enough to get you by, and on every discharge say "See your doctor". The dr on call for my office today isnt my OB doctor... and I feel as though thats making some of a difference. I am not a complainer, nor would I typically worry with something like this-- but this is not a pulled muscle type of back ache... its something more.

SO the Tylenol is working right now and I told DH we would wait a few hours, see what happens when the tylenol wears down, and then go to the ER if necessary.

Yesterday I mowed (the riding mower which my dr said was fine to continue doing), and was on my feet for a little bit, in slight heals (not high heals but a chunky type heal for a little bit). And then I took a warm bath last night. Thats all that any of it could be related to. I just dont know what to think... i just know this isnt your average pregnancy symptom, or else a lot of people would be running to the dr-- esp. if it bothers someone like me.

MAGGIE! One word.
Gallbladder.

I don't think you'd joined us when I was on here describing close to the same things.

I guess I'm lucky, our local ER is GREAT and upon describing my symtpoms, before I'd even signed my name on the paperwork, they asked if I'd had trouble with my gallbladder. Found out I was pregnant and whipped me up to Labor and Deliver to check on Lucas and when L&D sent me back to the ER they were ready for me with a nurse to draw my blood and check something that told them it was gallbladder. Then I got sent for an Ultrasound that revealed STONES!

It's apparently SUPER common in pregnant ladies and the increased estrogen just makes it worse... they told me if I'd waited, I might have gone septic because my gallbladder was infected!

I was about 20 weeks when mine hit... so think about it. Research it. Go in knowing that might be it!
Old 04-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #99
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

DannysMom...

When I was flipping through our old thread looking for my gallbladder post I came across where you first found out there were two.

Did you update us on the office-only policy of c-sections for multiples? I can't remember. Just curious what was going on with all that.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #100
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
DannysMom...

When I was flipping through our old thread looking for my gallbladder post I came across where you first found out there were two.

Did you update us on the office-only policy of c-sections for multiples? I can't remember. Just curious what was going on with all that.
Yep, it was "policy" at that practice that all multiples go c-section. So I switched practices, after about the first 2 or 3 appointments. So I was about 9 weeks when I changed practices. I figured it was better to change earlier rather than later in pregnancy.

When I saw my primary care doc a few weeks later, she guessed that the policy was probably dictated by their malpractice insurance. I'm in NJ
& we have some of the highest malpractice insurance rates in the nation. To the point where many OB's either stopped doing prenatal care, just switched to GYN only or left the state. It's that bad. So her guess was that they got a break on their insurance rates by having that sort of draconian "all multiples must go c-section" policy.

I told them why I was leaving the practice when I collected my records. Not a policy I was willing to go with, so I walked. I understand that there is a greater chance that I'll go c-section, given that I'm having twins. But I would like to try to avoid major abdominal surgery, if at all possible. That was the first question I asked, even before I made an appointment with the "new" practice. Asked again when I actually saw the doc too, just to make sure.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #101
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Thats crazy. Insurance for everything in this country is just getting ridiculous. Sad, it affects the lives of SO many people!!

I'm glad you found another Dr. though and that they are willing to work with you!
Old 04-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #102
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

So we haven't heard from Maggie all day, since about 10 AM or so. I'm hoping she got herself to the ER to get checked out. Let us know what's up when you get a chance. Hope all is well.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #103
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
So we haven't heard from Maggie all day, since about 10 AM or so. I'm hoping she got herself to the ER to get checked out. Let us know what's up when you get a chance. Hope all is well.
Also hoping Scornelius has her baby!!
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #104
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
I really wonder if it's her gallbladder.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #105
december
DIS Veteran

We need an update Maggie!

I am on the ivillage.com expecting boards-they have one for each month. My understanding is that it will turn into a baby board and stay together after May. I post on the May board and on the over 35 board as "tartars." I joined ivillage years ago when dh worked in another town and helped with the footbal team-that was their mascot.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: