Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #46
Baltazar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtileguy View Post
truth is and i know nobody wants to hear this but......
they being Disney
just dont care....you can call , write all the letters in the world, stand on your head and hold you breath , they will blow smoke up your butt and tell you they will look into it or take care of it . BUT they wont they will take your call read your letter and no action will take place....sorry but that's the truth.......
That is why I call or write. I expect to have sunshine blown up my butt and perhaps a sorry gift. I don't expect perfection every time but I expect some sunshine blowing to smooth it over.
Past - Port Orleans (Sept 1993), Allstar Sports (Aug 2003), Caribbean Beach (Aug 2004), Allstar Movies (Aug 2005), Pop Century (Aug 2006), Pop Century (Aug 2007), Allstar Music (Aug 2008), Pop Century (Dec 2008), AllStar Movies, (Aug 2009), Pop Century (Aug 2011), Allstar Movies (Aug 2013)
Baltazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #47
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

To the OP- I am sorry to hear when anyone has a less than magical vacation. Regardless of what happened exactly, it seems you were very polite during the situations that caused you some problems and I think you have been polite in explaining things on this thread. I do wonder if some of the problems do have to do with both the recent layoff of CMs and with the busy-ness of the whole place (since crowds are reported to be very high lately). I am not saying that is an excuse for miscommunication among CM's, but it could be the reason. The crowds may also have played into why you were not able to get the room you requested. Unfortunately, in a place so large, getting the same information from every CM does seem like quite a task. We have had contrasting advice before and it can be confusing. I hope your next trip is a great one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtileguy View Post
truth is and i know nobody wants to hear this but......
they being Disney
just dont care....you can call , write all the letters in the world, stand on your head and hold you breath , they will blow smoke up your butt and tell you they will look into it or take care of it . BUT they wont they will take your call read your letter and no action will take place....sorry but thats the truth.......
I am going to guess that, sadly, there are people within the Disney corporation that DO feel that way. But, by looking around just on these boards, it is so clear that a large amount of people who work for Disney do care- that is why so many of us keep going back! Perhaps you have had many experiences that have given you that opinion, and if so that is sad and I hope you have a better time in the future. However, I keep going back because I feel like they offer some of the best customer service around! If they truly don't care, they have fooled me and I am ok with that!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
stackyallred is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #48
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyallred
I do wonder if some of the problems do have to do with both the recent layoff of CMs
No. Once again
Quote:
but the layoffs affected backstage operations, not Cast Members working in the parks, resorts, etc. - i.e. the CMs dealing face to face with Guests.

"The job cuts are related to an overhaul of Disney’s theme-park management structure the company announced Feb. 18. The jobs were all executive, management and professional positions, the company said." http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/s...0/daily51.html
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #49
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
No. Once again
I apologize if I did not make myself clear. I meant that I wonder if some of the customer service problems may have to do with recent lay offs. Meaning, when there are layoffs within a company (anywhere within), it can cause stress for the rest of the employees. I was not referring only to the Poly staff. I realize you may disagree. I just said I was wondering if that could be a part of the problem and perhaps I don't know as much about the situation as you do.

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
stackyallred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #50
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltazar View Post
That is why I call or write. I expect to have sunshine blown up my butt and perhaps a sorry gift. I don't expect perfection every time but I expect some sunshine blowing to smooth it over.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
complaints, handicapped, polynesian, staff concerns.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: