Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #61
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
That is GREAT!
So only about 5-6 months apart, right? I'm doing rough estimating in my head with that so don't laugh at me too hard...
You guys must be so excited!!
I know how much I struggle with my friends.. I'm the only one married.. and definitely the only pregnant one or one with a kid. All my friends are still in college so I'm always the outcast one a bit. How great you guys will have common ground.. and how wonderful for her to have someone to call and go "Okay, did Lily do ??? at this age? How do I stop it!"
You must be !!!!!
I think we're more like 4-5 months apart...real months, not every 4 weeks. They've been dying to tell us for over a week, but have only seen DH and didn't want to tell him without me. So she was telling me that she was dying to call and ask about how weird her b*oobs are feeling! lol I cannot describe how crazy excited I am...It's actually making me more excited about Lily--I'm still freaked out more than anything though.

DH has become really good friends with a fellow teacher he works with and he and his wife and 2 little ones moved VERY close to us and she's pregnant too! It's like all of a sudden were in the parent club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
Just wanted to upload a pic I had of Ellas room, this was 'in progress', but some of the pooh stuff. Still no door, lol



yea, theres a shoe on the changing table, (makeshift hammer)
Oooh! I saw that fan at Lowe's yesterday and was gushing about how perfect it would be! lol A new one for the living room has to come first though, since it brokedown at the end of summer last year...
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #62
Maggimus
DIS Veteran
 
Maggimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Posts: 5,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Maggie-

Took advantage. DH thinks I'm crazy (my baby shower is today and he thinks I'm going to get a ton of that stuff) but I think Lucas will smell wonderful,

I got:
  • 2 Take Along Packs
  • 2 3oz Baby Bars
  • 5 packages of Safety Swabs
  • 1 First Touch Gift Set (1pk Safety Swabs, 2oz Desitin Creamy, 9oz Baby Lotion, 7oz Baby Shampoo, 9oz Head-to-Toe Baby Wash)
  • 2 15oz. Moisture Care Baby Wash
  • 2 15oz. Baby Bubble Bath and Wash
  • 4 15 oz. Head-to-Toe Baby Wash
  • 2 20oz. Baby Shampoo
  • 2 4oz. Desitin Creamy
  • 1 6.5oz Baby Oil Gel w/ Aloe and Vitamin E

...grand total... $24.xx (I can't remember the change )

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I'm going to gift the First Touch Gift Set, or a basket of stuff, to DH's cousin who had her baby in March. We never got them anything and this will be perfect.


Thats 23 items for $24! Thats roughly $1 an item, not even thinking of tax. And you got the gift set too!

Just think... if you do get all that stuff at your shower, you can return it. Target will let you do 2 targets under 1 ID (DL) without receipt.. and i think something like up to $30 worth... so you definitely have room to make a return! If youve already done all your returns, use DH's drivers liscense.

You did well! Glad you could rack up on a few things. Hey, and even if you score too much of that stuff-- theres always upcoming baby showers! At that price, throw together a bathroom basket type thing and you've just made a cheap gift!
__________________
- Me (Maggie) - DH- DS born Sept 09 - Jethro - Ellie May
Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Nov 14, 2006
Maggimus is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #63
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

Awesome maternity sale at Sears!!

All of their clearance clothes are 50% more off the already discounted price. I got like 4 sweaters for $3.99 each and some short sleeve shirts for $2.99 each. They had some other stuff too. My store didn't have a sign or anything. Another shopper told me after I helped her pick some stuff out. I double checked with a price scanner and it was true!

So for anyone newly preggers or anyone who works in frigid AC like I do, you might want to take a look. Of course this may vary from store to store, but it's worth a look.
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #64
Maggimus
DIS Veteran
 
Maggimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Posts: 5,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Awesome maternity sale at Sears!!

All of their clearance clothes are 50% more off the already discounted price. I got like 4 sweaters for $3.99 each and some short sleeve shirts for $2.99 each. They had some other stuff too. My store didn't have a sign or anything. Another shopper told me after I helped her pick some stuff out. I double checked with a price scanner and it was true!

So for anyone newly preggers or anyone who works in frigid AC like I do, you might want to take a look. Of course this may vary from store to store, but it's worth a look.
was there very much short sleeve stuff?
__________________
- Me (Maggie) - DH- DS born Sept 09 - Jethro - Ellie May
Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Nov 14, 2006
Maggimus is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #65
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
was there very much short sleeve stuff?
Nah. basically the one same shirt in a few different colors...It's some kind of blend that is more dressy than a basic t-shirt. It's also thinner and softer...None of the colors were exciting, but for $2.99 I can't complain...there were also some dressy shirts with short sleeves, but they had rhinestones and other things I wouldn't buy. The sweaters were mainly light-weight and with 3/4 length sleeves. They also had a lot of lounge-y type pants and hoodies.
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #66
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

The entire store was on sale BTW, so you could definitely find some steals in the reg sections too and baby clothes of course.

There's a bunch of stuff on the website too, including shorts and capris for $3.99-$9.99!
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #67
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

The entire store was on sale BTW, so you could definitely find some steals in the reg sections too and baby clothes of course.

There's a bunch of stuff on the website too, including shorts and capris for $3.99-$9.99!
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #68
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."
 
HomeSweetDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,081

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I have some news, our bffs are pregnant!! The ones I told you about a while ago that had been trying longer than us but were having problems? OMG I am SOOO more excited for them than me right now! lol We were all so worried about us having a baby and not them ruining the friendship, but Yay! no worries now. She is only about 6 weeks but her levels are all perfect and she's got a couple symptoms. We're hoping for a boy so Lily can grow up and marry him.
How exciting! That's really great news! I know you were having some worries because they were having trouble conceiving so it's wonderful that you can both have kids and not too far apart in age either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey
I know how much I struggle with my friends.. I'm the only one married.. and definitely the only pregnant one or one with a kid. All my friends are still in college so I'm always the outcast one a bit.
I know how that feels. I am the first one out of my group of friends to have a baby so none of them can really relate. We're all college aged too and a lot of them are still into partying and going out which obviously I can't do anymore That's not to say they're not supportive because they are all really great and can't wait to be honorary aunts and uncles but I definitely can't talk to them about pregnancy stuff like I can with you guys. That's why it's so nice to come here and have ladies to talk to who can relate to everything that's going on right now
__________________
Me: Veronica (28) DS: Jacob (5)
HomeSweetDisney is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #69
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl
 
Piecey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post


Thats 23 items for $24! Thats roughly $1 an item, not even thinking of tax. And you got the gift set too!

Just think... if you do get all that stuff at your shower, you can return it. Target will let you do 2 targets under 1 ID (DL) without receipt.. and i think something like up to $30 worth... so you definitely have room to make a return! If youve already done all your returns, use DH's drivers liscense.

You did well! Glad you could rack up on a few things. Hey, and even if you score too much of that stuff-- theres always upcoming baby showers! At that price, throw together a bathroom basket type thing and you've just made a cheap gift!
Woohoo, I actually didn't get a ton of that stuff!

I got 1 Huggies Gift Basket, 1 of the same gift sets I bought at Target and my mom got me baby powder, creamy baby oil and baby lotion (none of which did I get!) Not too shabby at all!

Someone however got me a pack of solid white newborn (as in 5lb-8lb) onsies... I'm thinking those might sit in a closet and wait on another baby because there is no way Lucas will ever need those.

Thanks so much for the heads up on that deal. It just worked perfectly, since we don't have a Target here, and we were headed to Pittsburgh Friday. I won't have to buy that stuff for awhile!
Piecey is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #70
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl
 
Piecey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,407

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
I know how that feels. I am the first one out of my group of friends to have a baby so none of them can really relate. We're all college aged too and a lot of them are still into partying and going out which obviously I can't do anymore That's not to say they're not supportive because they are all really great and can't wait to be honorary aunts and uncles but I definitely can't talk to them about pregnancy stuff like I can with you guys. That's why it's so nice to come here and have ladies to talk to who can relate to everything that's going on right now
Totally agree with every word. My best friend basically stopped coming around when I got married because she got tired of me saying "I just have to check with Tom first..." or "I need to see what Tom is up to first.."
She was there today though and it was great to hang out with her some more. She went through a rebellious stage (drinking, partying, going out clubbing, etc.) after we drifted apart and she seems to be coming back to her normal self. We're totally going to go see the Hannah Montana Movie together here at 9:30!
It's totally great to come on here and chat and talk and feel like someone else out there is in my shoes, too!


...I also POPPED!!!!!!!!!!! What a great day this is. Baby shower, popped belly and DH's MARINE CORPS CONTRACT IS UP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piecey is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #71
december
DIS Veteran
 
december's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: central Mississippi
Posts: 5,276

Congrats Patsy-I know you were holding your breath over the Marine contract!

dd9 is mad at me right now. We were supposed to go see the HM movie yesterday. Too bad my hospital stay got in the way-how selfish of me!
december is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #72
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 5,191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
I also POPPED!!!!!!!!!!! What a great day this is. Baby shower, popped belly and DH's MARINE CORPS CONTRACT IS UP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a great day! The room and you look so cute.

I am exhausted today, I think it is this gloomy rainy weather.

Happy Easter to you all before I forget.
Ann
__________________
Disney Ron

Disney Ron is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #73
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl
 
Piecey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,407

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Congrats Patsy-I know you were holding your breath over the Marine contract!

dd9 is mad at me right now. We were supposed to go see the HM movie yesterday. Too bad my hospital stay got in the way-how selfish of me!
Totally. It hit me in the middle of the shower (while I was eating cake, screw you ticker ) and I jumped up and everyone looked at me and I was like "HE'S OUT!" ...

Geesh.. Hannah Montana will be there later. Too bad it's not on right now or I'd tell her it's a concession. Hope you feel better soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Wow, what a great day! The room and you look so cute.

I am exhausted today, I think it is this gloomy rainy weather.

Happy Easter to you all before I forget.
Ann
Thanks.
It's sunny here.. stinks that you got gloomy rain. Wind is chilly, though.

Happy Easter back!

My entire family is meeting at a restaurant tomorrow. Not sure how "Easter" that will be.. We'll see.
Piecey is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #74
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid
 
raysnkaysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 8 hr drive from Orlando!
Posts: 5,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post



Oooh! I saw that fan at Lowe's yesterday and was gushing about how perfect it would be! lol A new one for the living room has to come first though, since it brokedown at the end of summer last year...
Yeah...we wanted that fan forever... his grandmother sent us $100 so we're like "We're goin to get the fan"... The whole time we looked at it, it was $76. The day we finally got it, it went to $89. Our luck.... but I love it!!!


Patsy! Great pic!!

We took Ella and her brother to see the Easter Bunny today. Stood in line for nearly 2 hrs, and my back is killing me!! Although Ella cried, her brother looked awfully cute
__________________
Tracy (Mom to DD18, DD13, DS6, DD-5)
1st WDW trip - July 03 *CSR&ASMu* - April 04, Feb 05, Feb 06(added cruise), Oct06(grown girls trip), Aug 07
May 09 Big Family Vacation
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
raysnkaysmom is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #75
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."
 
HomeSweetDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Totally agree with every word. My best friend basically stopped coming around when I got married because she got tired of me saying "I just have to check with Tom first..." or "I need to see what Tom is up to first.."
She was there today though and it was great to hang out with her some more. She went through a rebellious stage (drinking, partying, going out clubbing, etc.) after we drifted apart and she seems to be coming back to her normal self. We're totally going to go see the Hannah Montana Movie together here at 9:30!
It's totally great to come on here and chat and talk and feel like someone else out there is in my shoes, too!
Yeah I have been through a similar situation. My best friend actually lives in Virginia but a lot of my close friends here have kinda drifted away. I think they expect me to just all of a sudden go back to my partying ways once I have the baby and I'm all "uhhh, no, doesn't work that way guys." It's hard for them to relate to well...parenthood. I am so glad I met ya'll


Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey
...I also POPPED!!!!!!!!!!! What a great day this is. Baby shower, popped belly and DH's MARINE CORPS CONTRACT IS UP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw, Patsy you are flippin ADORABLE And the room looks great! I bet you and DH are relieved to have his contract up. I have nothing but respect for the men and women in uniform but it can be a really tough life, especially with everything going on in the world right now.


ETA: I REALLY REALLY wanna see the HM movie. I am going to force my sister into going with me! lol
__________________
Me: Veronica (28) DS: Jacob (5)
HomeSweetDisney is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV safetymom Disney Resorts 3738 06-28-2010 10:50 AM
How many more days until your trip to WDW? (Part 2) ransom Doing the Happy Dance! 3854 08-23-2009 10:03 PM
January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part V Momof2Disneyboys Countdowns and Live Reports 3686 07-08-2009 02:28 PM
Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew teresajoy Disney for Families 3746 06-04-2009 08:36 PM
OT - Am I A Bad Mom? smkiya Disney for Families 29 04-11-2009 03:36 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: