Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #31
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say have a nice weekend. DS2 had a great check-up on Wednesday and he was moving around for the heartbeat check. My stomach was moving all over the place! We got his bedding and decided to return it because it wasn't as described. The color was off and the material wasn't very baby friendly. I was bummed. But, I'm sure we'll find something else.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #32
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Congratulations ZachnElli!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #33
december
DIS Veteran

I missed alot! I just spent the last 24 hours in the hospital, and I'm so glad to be home! The baby is fine, though-I'm the one who felt like she was falling apart! Here is a copy of the email I sent to work, with some personal info changed:

Thank you all for the prayers and concerns-I wanted to let everyone know what happened. I just got home from the hospital. I was pretty scared yesterday-I was convinced I was about to have a seizure or stroke. When dd9 was 4 days old, my blood pressure shot up and I had seizures and ended up in ICU for several days-it was life threatening. A friend of mine did the same thing, and ended up having a stroke.

Some of you know I've been really sick this week-vomiting alot. Yesterday morning, I woke up vomiting again, but felt fine when I got to work. I was grading papers while my kids took a test, and I got a really bad headache. That didn't scare me-I was planning to run home 2nd pd and get some meds. Then my vision started blurring-I couldn't read the papers to grade them. Cornelius turned in his test and asked me what was wrong-the kids said I looked really funny. When they started talking, the sound was strange-like I was hearing it through a tunnel, and I couldn't focus on them. I was pretty freaked at this point because that is how I was feeling before my seizures with dd9. I sent Chelsea to the office to see if someone who was there doing the physicals (our student athletes were having physicals done at school) could come and take my blood pressure. Donna (our secretary) came down to check on me, and I ended up calling dh. He took me to see his cousin who is a nurse practitioner in "the next town over from us". On the way, my tongue started tingling and my face and left arm went numb. This is when I started worrying about a stroke, or Bells Palsy.

They were waiting on us at the back door of the clinic when we got there, and took me straight to a room. My blood pressure was a little high, but not high enough to cause my problems. I was diagnosed with a severe kidney infection and was very dehydrated. I was admitted to the hospital and given a drip for fluids, antibiotics, and nausea meds. I was also given another antibiotic by mouth. Apparently alot of the symptoms I've been attributing to the baby were caused by the infection-back ache, pressure, etc. dh's step-sister is a pharmacist at the hospital, and she told me that when she has migraines her mouth and arm go numb, and alot of women have migraines when they are pregnant. They think the dehydration and infection together with the pregnancy just set off all the symptoms.

My labwork was better this morning, and my blood pressure was really low all night, so they let me come home thank goodness! I plan to be at work Monday, and will only work a halfday Tuesday. Luckily, I already had a dr's appt scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. The nurse practitioner was in contact with my OB the whole time, so he knows what happened. Maybe I can last the next 5 weeks now with no more drama!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #34
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Whoa, December, that was scary. I hope you are feeling okay now. You take some time for you and get rested!! Im glad you are okay though!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #35
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

december, I am so sorry you had to go through that! But I am very glad to hear that it all turned out alright Here's to hoping you have a drama free last month of pregnancy!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #36
december
DIS Veteran

Thanks to both of you-I feel ok now, just need a nap. They woke me up every hour all night to check my blood pressure, and I had to get up and weigh at 4am!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #37
hotveggy
Disney Lover

Just subbing to this thread to keep tabs on the new babies being born.

We are adjusting well though Allison spoiled us with sleeping between 6-8.5 hours for a few nights in a row. Now she is back to between 3-4!

It is so hard to believe that she is already 3 weeks old. It really does fly by!

Hope you all are doing well and rest up- these babies really take away your sleep!!!

1984- off site,1991- off site,1998- off site,1999- visiting friend on CP,2001- off site with college roomie
2002- ASMo (first trip with DH),2003- ASMo,5/2005- POR/Disney Wonder (Honeymoon),12/2005- POP
2007- SSR,2008- ASMo (Grand Gathering)
Old 04-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #38
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

December!! Take care of yourself!!!!

Just popped in to post this, if anyone wants to take advantage of a Pampers Sale... buy 2 boxes at BRU and get a $15 G/C

http://www.pampers.com/en_US/emails/...aign=april_TRU
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #39
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
December!! Take care of yourself!!!!

Just popped in to post this, if anyone wants to take advantage of a Pampers Sale... buy 2 boxes at BRU and get a $15 G/C

http://www.pampers.com/en_US/emails/...aign=april_TRU
Do you know how much each box is? Sounds pretty good.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #40
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Do you know how much each box is? Sounds pretty good.
I'm thinkin the $25 range...but they are the massive 100 count or so boxes...not like we dont' use them huh? lol
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #41
caitty13
DIS Veteran

Plus if you have a rewards card they should count towards that too?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #42
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

(Let my try this again. Somehow I deleted my post)

Hello girls. I am back from Chicago. We had a great time even in the snow. Burr chilly. It was great to see my family and friends. I am still trying to catch up on the old thread. I'm on page 230, so there is a lot to read. Has there been any new baby's. Any new mommy's that have joined? I better get reading.

Now that we are back and have no more major travel plans, I am in full "get ready for baby" mode. Fun!!!

Have a Happy Easter everyone!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #43
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

december- I just read this page, OMG, glad you are home and feeling much better. That must have been really scary.

raysnkaysmom- Looks like you had your baby!!!! Congrats. How are you all doing?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #44
TiggerStac
I'm going to join in on this one
he sure looks like a dog on the sweatshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
Such a sweet innocent set
Lemme see if I can find mine to post -
that is a really cute set. We have an older classic pooh version...had since my oldest was born and he's 7.5 years. Love this one though, very innocent. Some of the pieces are same as I have, quilt is different, though.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #45
AbbyPan
"...oh he's a codfish, a codfish, a codfish..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Congratulations ZachnElli!!
Maggie, wow, congrats!!! what wonderful news--- I am so happy for you!

I'm not expecting, but really just wanted to congratulate you...really happy for you both!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: