Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #91
3"Mouse"keteers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricket View Post
Husband says we cannot pre-check in because we do not have a confirmation number. He said he puts in our "reservation number" from the Trip Information Booklet and it tells him "invalid confirmation number" or something like that.
Hmm....that's strange. Your reservation and confirmation number should be one in the same.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #92
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3"Mouse"keteers View Post
Hmm....that's strange. Your reservation and confirmation number should be one in the same.
I just told him this and he said it told him invalid. My guess is this is not good.

He says he's sure it's fine. He also says it's probably because we booked with our travel agent....which we are NEVER going to do again. It's been nothing but a hassle and headache.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #93
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Bricket,
I would guess it has something to do with booking with a travel agent because they own the reservation until a certin amount of days, so that would mean they are the only ones who have the authority to check you in online.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #94
RussellDisney
Contemporary tastes on an All Star budget!

Quote:
I just told him this and he said it told him invalid. My guess is this is not good.

He says he's sure it's fine. He also says it's probably because we booked with our travel agent....which we are NEVER going to do again. It's been nothing but a hassle and headache.
If you have booked with any travel agent use this link

www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest

along with your reservation/confirmation number provided by the TA, to check in online. Worked great for us two weeks ago.

Like my avatar? I took that pic!!

July 1978 - Offsite and hotter than blue-blazes
December 1993 - Offsite and perfect weather
September 2005 - All Star Movies, first trip with the wife and kids
December 2007 - Westgate Lakes Resort with me, DW, DD6, DS4 and two DFriends
Spring Break 2009 - Best trip ever at the Contemporary Resort - MK view! In fact, here's my Trip Report to prove it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2141348
Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #95
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellDisney View Post
If you have booked with any travel agent use this link

www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest

along with your reservation/confirmation number provided by the TA, to check in online. Worked great for us two weeks ago.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I have to work today, but I'll tell the hubby.
Very much appreciated.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #96
kberl
Earning My Ears

Question Computers?

Is it true that the computers are gone from the resort now? I can't find anything official saying they were removed, but I think I've read on here that they are?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #97
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kberl View Post
Is it true that the computers are gone from the resort now? I can't find anything official saying they were removed, but I think I've read on here that they are?
Sadly, yes

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 04-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #98
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

...thought I had the answer to this....couldn't find it....

..if you're staying concierge can you still use on-line check in (is there even a reason to do so if staying concierge)???

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been hooked ever since!

2014 TRIPS: March BLT 1 BDRM TPV, Nov BLT 2 BDRM
NEXT TRIP: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV

Last edited by MrsBlovesDisney; 04-10-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #99
brergnat
DIS Veteran

BRICKET:
I wouldn't stress too much about doing online check in.

Really, at this point, your room has ALREADY been preassigned. The check-in at the Contemporary was really quick for me (did not do online), and if there is a bit of a wait, there are really comfy couches and chairs, as well as a t.v. playing cartoons for the kids right by the front desk, so one of you can do the checkin while the other stays with your son.

When I checked in, there was actually a LINE for the online check in, because EVERYONE from the DME bus had done it except me and one other person, and there was only one CM working the online checkin, so the line for that was like 5 deep, while the line for regular checkin was just me and one guy behind me (and one already at the counter when I arrived). I was done with my check-in before the first "online check-in" person was done with his...HE decided to hold up the whole process for everyone else by asking a whole bunch of questions, and requiring a manager for something...

Just do the regular check in. The great thing about the Contemporary is, you could also go up to the 4th floor and browse the shops or grab some food while the other one checks in, in case it looks to be a bit of a wait. All you have to do is take the elevator up, and you're there! Super easy.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #100
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I have to work today, but I'll tell the hubby.
Very much appreciated.
Don't stress if that travel agent link doesn't work for you. I used it to check my reservation several times with no problems and then the day before we left 2 weeks ago I checked just so I could print it off and it said nothing found. I was a little stressed worrying that something happened but when I arrived at the CR (no line for check-in) there was no problem at all with the reservation. I wonder if the reservation gets transferred from one spot to another that close and it is unavailable on the system for you to check? Either way just bring your confirmation number and go to the regular check-in line. You'll probably have no issues. Have a great trip!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014~Princess 13th Birthday Trip Dec. 2014
Old 04-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #101
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
...thought I had the answer to this....couldn't find it....

..if you're staying concierge can you still use on-line check in (is there even a reason to do so if staying concierge)???
Yes you can still check-in online, however it's something my family and I are not planning to do. Our reason is when we arrive a bellman is still going to bring us up to the 12th floor with our luggage, so we might as well check-in up there because of that.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #102
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone!

No stress...got it.
I've not had a chance to talk to my hubby yet (he's sleeping, about to wake him and make our 12hr drive) so I don't know if he did the online pre-check in thing or not. But I emailed him the link.

I'm going to take LOTS of pics, so prepare yourselves now for picture over-load next week.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #103
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm going to take LOTS of pics, so prepare yourselves now for picture over-load next week.
I can't wait to see them.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #104
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Thanks everyone!

No stress...got it.
I've not had a chance to talk to my hubby yet (he's sleeping, about to wake him and make our 12hr drive) so I don't know if he did the online pre-check in thing or not. But I emailed him the link.

Have an MAGICAL trip! Can't wait for the pics and review!

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #105
oasispaul
Mouseketeer

Any updates/pics of the pool area? I'm curious to see how it's coming along...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: