Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #736
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
he's on the reservation, just traveling from a different airport on a different day. It won't matter that he's arriving a day or two later than the rest of us?
Nope, won't matter at all. My dd's and I are arriving earlier than my dh this summer. In fact, we are arriving on a Friday, going to the Dolphin, using a car service. My dh is arriving on Sunday, and leaving on Wednesday, at BWV...we will have moved there Sunday morning. We aren't using DME but he is, both ways. We do that quite often....some get there after the checkin day, others leave before the checkout day...no problem.
You can send him his luggage tag as soon as you get the packet. There should be a yellow luggage tag, with his nam on it, in that packet. Then, he can tag his bag, and head off to the DME counter. You should probably send his voucher as well...better safe than sorry. That way, he will have it in hand, just in case there is any question. He can give his departure info to them when he checks in at DME counter.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #737
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Nope, won't matter at all. My dd's and I are arriving earlier than my dh this summer. In fact, we are arriving on a Friday, going to the Dolphin, using a car service. My dh is arriving on Sunday, and leaving on Wednesday, at BWV...we will have moved there Sunday morning. We aren't using DME but he is, both ways. We do that quite often....some get there after the checkin day, others leave before the checkout day...no problem.
You can send him his luggage tag as soon as you get the packet. There should be a yellow luggage tag, with his nam on it, in that packet. Then, he can tag his bag, and head off to the DME counter. You should probably send his voucher as well...better safe than sorry. That way, he will have it in hand, just in case there is any question. He can give his departure info to them when he checks in at DME counter.
awesome, thanks!

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2009, 03:12 AM   #738
coffeedog
Earning My Ears

Sorry to ask yet another question that might have been answered previously but I read 30+ pages and didn't see the answer. Is it possible to take the DME from the airport to the hotel 4 days prior to the arrival date on the Reservation? My Aunt will be staying with my cousin for a few days before her Pop century stay at a non-Disney hotel but she wanted to be able to ride the Bus from the airport to the Hotel. Thank you
coffeedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:26 AM   #739
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeedog View Post
Sorry to ask yet another question that might have been answered previously but I read 30+ pages and didn't see the answer. Is it possible to take the DME from the airport to the hotel 4 days prior to the arrival date on the Reservation? My Aunt will be staying with my cousin for a few days before her Pop century stay at a non-Disney hotel but she wanted to be able to ride the Bus from the airport to the Hotel. Thank you
No, your DME ride is tied to your resort reservation. You can only ride the bus to the resort, and back to the airport, one time each, on days that fall from the start of your reservation to the last day of said reservation.
Your aunt will have to find another way to her offiste resort. Now, she could head back to MCO on the first day of her POP reservation and take the DME bus then, but not before.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #740
El&kris'mom
Earning My Ears

Please forgive me - I cannot go through all the posts to see if this has been covered, but we leave for Disney on May 17th, how soon will we receive our DME tags?

Give Kids the World (2001)
Sheraton Visitana Villages (2008)
All Star Music (2009)

El&kris'mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #741
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

You can expect your mailing from Disney's Magical Express any time from 3-6 weeks prior to your trip. You're right around that outer rim right now.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #742
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

I've gotten mine for my past few trips at the 5 week mark.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #743
El&kris'mom
Earning My Ears

Thank you for responding - I guess I don't have to worry yet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
You can expect your mailing from Disney's Magical Express any time from 3-6 weeks prior to your trip. You're right around that outer rim right now.
goofy4tinkI've gotten mine for my past few trips at the 5 week mark.

Give Kids the World (2001)
Sheraton Visitana Villages (2008)
All Star Music (2009)

El&kris'mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #744
coffeedog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
No, your DME ride is tied to your resort reservation. You can only ride the bus to the resort, and back to the airport, one time each, on days that fall from the start of your reservation to the last day of said reservation.
Your aunt will have to find another way to her offiste resort. Now, she could head back to MCO on the first day of her POP reservation and take the DME bus then, but not before.
Thank you very much for the info.
coffeedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #745
mommymeg
Mouseketeer

Getting nervous!

We are just a little over 3 weeks until our vacay.

Booked through a TA..(but seemed like I did most of the work myself)...
I hadn't heard anything from her in the last few weeks so I went into her office. She had my resort confirmations, but was still waiting on DME tags. I told her that we'd need more than 5, since we're flying Southwest (2 free checked bags per person!)... we're bringing a 6th bag w/ food and misc. stuff. She said that she would email them requesting extra tags...

I'm nervous about this...She hasn't been the quickest responder and if at all possible I'd like to not deal with the hassle of one bag with no DME tag.

Should I just call DME myself? Or, since it was booked thru my TA, is she the only one that can handle this?
mommymeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #746
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

DME will have your reservation since you are within 60 days. You can call them directly, and they should be able to send you the extra tags.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #747
brekin67
DIS Veteran

My sister and I are on the same confirmation number. The reservation is booked in my name. Will all the luggage tages come to me, then I will need to mail her some? Can I have hers mailed directly to her?
Thanks,
brekin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #748
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brekin67 View Post
My sister and I are on the same confirmation number. The reservation is booked in my name. Will all the luggage tages come to me, then I will need to mail her some? Can I have hers mailed directly to her?
Thanks,
You'll have to mail hers to her. Disney doesn't split up mailings for a single reservation.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #749
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

my fam will be going to wdw in a few weeks, it's myself, DH and my 2 kiddos. My DH is arriving at a later time than us and renting a car to drive to the hotel. He won't be using ME, he will get his suitcase from baggage claim himself and take it with him in the rental. Myself and the kids WILL be taking ME, will they allow just the 3 of us to take it or do all 4 of us listed on the reservation have to be present? Also the hotel res. and subsequently the ME reservation is in my DH's name, will this be a problem if he is not with us? Just making sure we won't have any issues using ME without DH.
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:35 AM   #750
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Nope, won't be an issue. At least not with DME. My dh and dd have arrived at a time other than my arrival time with no issues.
My only concern would be at resort checkin...I'm not sure if your dh has to be the one to actually checkin there...in person.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: