Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #661
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Then stop packing I always over pack for a cruise. What cruise line are you going on?
I'm done packing and trying to resist tossing in one more shirt! haha

Princess Cruiselines

Have you cruised before? I always thought I wouldn't like to be stuck on a ship but I'm looking forward to being stuck somewhere by a pool with a cocktail!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #662
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAMWDW View Post
I'm done packing and trying to resist tossing in one more shirt! haha

Princess Cruiselines

Have you cruised before? I always thought I wouldn't like to be stuck on a ship but I'm looking forward to being stuck somewhere by a pool with a cocktail!

4 cruises on Royal Caribbean (before kids). I love the fact that on a cruise you don't have to worry about where you are going to eat, where to park the car, etc. and that you can do as little or as much as you want everyday. I remember one night I felt like staying in the room and watching a movie....and I did just that. I'd never do that on a Disney vacation.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #664
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAMWDW View Post
trying to resist tossing in one more shirt! ha

!

Step away from your suitcase!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #665
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I just noticed your ticker... 31 days to go!!!

How are you feeling?
Okay....how did I just lose 4 days of my life? I swear that ticker was just at 35 days! My scatica (sp?) nerve on my left side is killing me. I have pain from my hip all the way down to my foot....I can't walk correctly because of it. Not fun with an almost 2 year old to take care of. Other then that, I'm doing well. Baby has a great heartbeat. She hasn't turned down yet. My doctor is saying that if she doesn't turn in the next couple of weeks, they will try to turn her. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I've washed all the baby clothes and boiled all the baby bottles. I'm just wanting for Liam to be able to move into his new room (our old bedroom, as we now have a room in the basement until the addition is done ) so I can organize the nursery with the baby stuff. Liam's new furniture is on order...he's getting a twin bed. DH has to finish some dry walling and painting in there....hopefully this weekend.

If you haven't made you guesses yet on the Baby Pool thread....do it soon because I'm going to close the guesses off so I can reveal some hints and we can to round 2.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #666
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Sorry your sciatica is bothering you... the last month is never a good one... Hang in there, it won't be long.

I'm glad to hear you addition is moving along - WE NEED PICTURES!!!

Excited for round 2 of the baby pool!!! I'm sure I'm WAYYYY off.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #667
MRYPPNS

Actually nothing is going on with our addition right now. Anything that has been done to the house has been done in the "old" part. We are trying to do things that help the over all master plan for the addition and help us just thru until it's done.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:37 AM   #668
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Okay....how did I just lose 4 days of my life? I swear that ticker was just at 35 days! My scatica (sp?) nerve on my left side is killing me. I have pain from my hip all the way down to my foot....I can't walk correctly because of it. Not fun with an almost 2 year old to take care of. Other then that, I'm doing well. Baby has a great heartbeat. She hasn't turned down yet. My doctor is saying that if she doesn't turn in the next couple of weeks, they will try to turn her. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I've washed all the baby clothes and boiled all the baby bottles. I'm just wanting for Liam to be able to move into his new room (our old bedroom, as we now have a room in the basement until the addition is done ) so I can organize the nursery with the baby stuff. Liam's new furniture is on order...he's getting a twin bed. DH has to finish some dry walling and painting in there....hopefully this weekend.

If you haven't made you guesses yet on the Baby Pool thread....do it soon because I'm going to close the guesses off so I can reveal some hints and we can to round 2.
Hang in there! Sorry to hear about your nerve bothering you!
Try to keep busy to keep your mind off from being so uncomfortable!
Your almost there now!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 04-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #670
MRYPPNS

Well look who managed to get an update written!

After playing in the kiddie pool with Liam, we got ready for our dinner at ‘Ohana’s.

We valet parked at the Poly and went upstairs to check in for our ADR. As usual we had to wait to be seated. We walked around for a bit and then found some seats in the bar area. Of course our pager went off right after I ordered a drink. I quickly found the waitress and canceled it.

At this restaurant I was more aware of where they were seating us. We got a table sort of near the fire pit in the main room on the edge of the walkway. I thought this would be fine for Liam because they do the children’s activities further up in the room and not in front of where we were sitting.

So we sat and got served our salad. I think DH and I had enough time to have a few bites before all hell broke loose….yet again. The Hawaiian entertainer came out. We’ve been to ‘Ohana’s twice before and this was the first time we were there this same night as the female entertainer. This is going to come out harsh but I thought she was like a Wal-Mart plastic version of a Hawaiian entertainer. Very over the top. Didn’t help that Liam got scared from all the noise. I guess we weren’t there long enough for him to settle in and get comfortable with the restaurant. Then she had the kids come up to do the coconut races. DH had to take Liam out of the restaurant. By this point all the food had been delivered to our table….although we really hadn’t been able to eat much yet. Our waitress returned and I explained what was going on. I asked to be moved away from the “action”. She got the table assigner guy and I basically felt like he could have cared less about our situation saying there was no place that he could move us to.

The children’s entertainment stopped and DH returned to the table with Liam now that is was quieter. I had just about got Liam settled down when the waitress came over at shook a maraca at him. Thanks….that made him cry and get upset again. She thought he needed something to play with.

Now at this point DH took Liam back out of the restaurant telling me to go ahead and eat and then we will switch off. I need to say a couple things….normally I’m very quick on my feet to get a new game plan together….I just need a minute to stop the action and think about what to do next. That didn’t seem to happen much this week. Add that to my opinion that my DH reacts too quickly when Liam is upset in public. He just wants to run away with Liam from the situation. The problem with that is that we can’t sit together and figure out a plan. So there I sat in ‘Ohana’s by myself trying to eat a meal that normally I love, while choking back tears. Literally choking back tears. I felt trapped in the situation. I didn’t know where DH and Liam had gone off to and I felt like I needed to eat my dinner because it was going to cost us close to $100 for it.

After a half hour or so DH reappeared with Liam so we switched and I took Liam to the gift shop where I bought post cards and tried to keep Liam entertained while DH ate. So if you got a postcard from me that week…that’s when I picked it up. (Postcards cost between 75 cents and $2)

Before I tell you how the night ended, I’ll tell you how I wished I had handled it: beyond the fact that I should have requested a table way in the back….but we really didn’t think that Liam would have a problem, no characters but I guess the change to the loud music and activity set him off. Once we knew Liam was having issues we should have made the decision to leave all together. Whether or not it would have cost us zero dollars for the soda, bread and salad that we had been served so far or the full cost of the meal for both of us, or something in between. I should have tried. We should have thought thru what was going on and how did we want to salvage the evening? We could have gone downstairs and gotten something to eat at Captain Cooks. We need to learn to cut our losses and move on.

After DH ate, he met us outside the restaurant…..with a to-go box. Our waitress had gone to her manager to get permission to box up the yummy dessert for us. Complete with napkins and real spoons. At that point I was ready to make some lemonade out of tonight’s lemons. We bundled Liam up and went out to the Poly beach to enjoy our favorite dessert of bread pudding, banana’s foster sauce and vanilla ice cream. From our seats at the beach we could see the MK castle all lit up and could hear the Villain’s show from that night’s MNSSHP.

Getting back to the resort room was uneventful (thankfully!) and Liam had fallen asleep in the car.

Before going to bed that night I got out my big red pen and made some huge changes to the plan for the next couple of days. Elvis had left the building with all the Disney magic…….

Old 04-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #671
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Oh Heidi, I am so sorry for the way your trip went. I hope the huge red pen helped. That was nice of the waitress to do that with the dessert, we love dessert at 'Ohana.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #672
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry your dinner went so poorly. But, glad that you got to enjoy your dessert on the beach. We love to just hang out at the Poly beach.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 04-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #674
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Oh, poor you and Liam! Raging hormones probably didn't help the situation any either. You did a great job on salvaging the the evening.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #675
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

I'm back and getting caught up...

Heidi,

first some hugs and smiles are in order....

: hug:

I'm sorry to hear the whole story about your dog Bailey...I knew it happened but didn't realize how hard it really was and everything else going on.

sick and pregnant YUCK! I had the stomach flu in my first preg early on and of course naive I was so scared I was throwing up the babies

Liam was quite the snappy water waddler there....

and I love your Hawiian decked out Dudes!

O'Hana's oh man how terrible....I am so sorry what a major bummer of a disater. I would have almost cried too. Captian Cook's was what I was thinking too....glad you got your dessert and had some magic that night w/ watching Wishes from the beach. That was a favorite moment for us last year too.

OH NO!!!! Elvis you bad....

was it Stitch dressed as him

trying to make you laugh here....

Scarppie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: