Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #46
BLLB

Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. As always, everyone on the DIS is a gret help.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #47
PolynesianAlex
Alooooooooooohaaaaa

I know the contemporary has no ceiling fan in there rooms.... I have like a phobeia i need a fan for some reason and we go to WDW in August . are the rooms cold enough for summer months

UPCOMING TRIP: Nothing planned
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #48
brergnat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianAlex View Post
I know the contemporary has no ceiling fan in there rooms.... I have like a phobeia i need a fan for some reason and we go to WDW in August . are the rooms cold enough for summer months
I am the same way. I need circulation at night! I was worried about this too...

Don't worry! The rooms certainly get cold enough! We had the thermostat set to 71 degrees at night, and it was cold enough. It goes lower...down to 60...and when it's down there, it's FREEZING in the room. We set it down to 65 a few times while we were doing our hair (had two hair dryers going and it got hot in there) and it got cold QUICK in there...so much that I had to put on a sweater. You can also set the fan to ON all the time, vs. AUTO. This way, there will always be air blowing out the big vent. If you sleep in the bed closest to the balcony, you will have more air hitting you from the vent too.

One thing I can suggest, since you have an MK view room is, if you will be back for your room in the afternoon, before you leave for the evening, CLOSE the curtains (the heavy ones). The setting sun hits right into the rooms, and it's HOT. It'll keep your room cooler if you keep the curtains closed in the late afternoon/early evening. Those blackout curtains work REALLY well.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #49
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Thank you everyone!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchi
I frequented this thread when I was planning our trip for last Novemeber. There is something I have never seen on here that we had happen to us on our November trip. We had reservations for the California Grill and we were staying at the Contemporary in a Magic Kingdom view room, when we got to our table at the California Grill there were white and silver foil castles sprinkled all over our table. Out waiter said it was because we were guests of the Contemporary and they take care of their own. It was a beautiful sight..I was almost crying. We were also given one of the best tables in the house. The castle was right there. Two years prior we were staying at the Polynesain and we did not have foil castles all over our table and our table was one row over from the window, but still a fabulous table. I had no complaints!
That sounds amazing and I had no idea they ever done something like that before, so I wonder how they knew you were staying at the Contemporary?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #50
dchi
Mouseketeer

I do not know. The waiter just told us that since we were guests of the Contemporary we got the foil castles on our table. They were good sized foil castles too. It was a wonderful surprise and it was AMAZING! Maybe someone eles on here would have an idea how the restaurant knew we were guests staying at the Contemporary?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #51
robmag
Earning My Ears

CR standard room

Can anyone tell me if there is a dvd player in the room. I see something that looks like it but i can't make it out.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #52
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmag View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a dvd player in the room. I see something that looks like it but i can't make it out.
They are only in the Club Level rooms.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #53
PolynesianAlex
Alooooooooooohaaaaa

I never see any pics of The Contemporary Turndown service

Any one have any

UPCOMING TRIP: Nothing planned
Old 04-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #54
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchi View Post
I do not know. The waiter just told us that since we were guests of the Contemporary we got the foil castles on our table. They were good sized foil castles too. It was a wonderful surprise and it was AMAZING! Maybe someone eles on here would have an idea how the restaurant knew we were guests staying at the Contemporary?
Usually they ask where you are staying when you make your dining reservations, do you remember giving the CM that info when you made your reservation? It would be in the notes on the restaurant's system.

We had foil castles on the table at Cali Grill a couple of weeks ago, I had mentioned that one of our party was celebrating his birthday and very first trip to Disney that week. It was a fun touch!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 04-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #55
dchi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Usually they ask where you are staying when you make your dining reservations, do you remember giving the CM that info when you made your reservation? It would be in the notes on the restaurant's system.

We had foil castles on the table at Cali Grill a couple of weeks ago, I had mentioned that one of our party was celebrating his birthday and very first trip to Disney that week. It was a fun touch!
MY DH made the dinner reservations. That makes perfect sense, mystery solved. It was a fun touch! Thank you!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #56
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Denise at Mousesteps has some new pics up of the Bay Lake Tower, construction at the pool area, and of the not yet opened Fantasia Market.

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...=277&Itemid=65
Old 04-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #57
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Denise at Mousesteps has some new pics up of the Bay Lake Tower, construction at the pool area, and of the not yet opened Fantasia Market.

Thanks for posting the link and from the pictures it looks like Fantasia Market will open on time.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #58
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

thanks so much for a great FAQ on my favorite WDW hotel!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #59
finallygoingtoWDW
Mouseketeer

What kind of bath products (shampoo, shower gel etc) do they have? Are they a certain brand name?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #60
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Fantastic photos....and video too!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been hooked ever since!

2014 TRIPS: March BLT 1 BDRM TPV, Nov BLT 2 BDRM
NEXT TRIP: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: