Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #76
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiesmom0116 View Post
We had a nice family buy our meal for us w/ left over TS credits once, so we decided to do the same when on that trip we then had 3 left over meals. We do this with any left overs we have. We are on the deluxe dining and always have 1 or 2 left overs. It really suprises people- it is spreading a little pixie dust yourself!
I love this idea!! What a great way to pay it forward!!! I think we'll consider this with any left over credits this year.

DH 59 Me 50 DD 16 DD 14
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - POFQ ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #77
brendaziz
DIS Veteran

Totally agree on the spreadin the Disney love! It obviously always feels nice to do nice things :-)
I've had FPs given to me by strangers and given them away as well.

On our last trip we booked the Fantasmic Dining Package and went to eat- went on a few rides (we had an early ADR)- but by then my kids were POOPED and were NOT gonna make it Fantasmic.
So while my hubby went w/ the kids to do stroller return I walked up by where people were beginning to line up for F! and foudn a party the same size as ours and gave em our seating tickets.
ACTUALLY i asked 2 other families first and they looked at me like a door to door salesman :-) thought i was CRAZY.
The last family was super nice and still looked like they thought i was crazy and trying to sell em a timeshare or something :-)
They had never heard of the package and they were like - "Wait, we have a sep. entrance and can go on rides for another hour or so b4 we have to line up?????"
I assured them I wasn't totally insane- just had cranky children that needed to go to bed and didn't want the thing to go to waste.
caribbean beach resort (1 x)
boardwalk (2 x-including a Disneymoon!)
boardwalk villas (1 x)
ak lodge (2 xs)
wilderness lodge (2 xs)
fw campgrounds (3 xs)
grand floridian (1 x)
pop century (3 xs)
FW cabins (1 x)

Me, DH, DS6, DS4, & DS1
brendaziz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #78
lorli
Perfectly Pixieish

these are great tips and always good to hear about pixie dust being spread.

March 29-April 6, SSR, December 6-9, 2012, All-Star Sports, Surprize visit, March 31-April 7, 2012 Kidani Village, August 23-September 1, 2011 Boardwalk Villas, August 17 -26, 2010 Kidani Village, April 17 -24, 2010 SSR, Oct. 3-7, 2009 SSR. April 10-18, 2009 OKW,August 19-28, 2008 AKV, August 14-21, 2007 SSR, June 26 - July 5, 2007 SSR, Nov. 30-Dec. 5, 2006 SSR, August 22-31,2006 First time home SSR, August 2005 All-Star Movie, August 2004 - Pop Century, October 1998 - Off Disney
lorli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #79
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

I'm not a CM, but...

Listen to what the CM is trying to tell you. They can't always be obvious about things.

We were at WL a few years ago, and I mentioned to the CM at check-in how I had been dreaming of the great Courtyard view. We had reserved a king room. At some point the CM said, "Are you SURE you want that king room? I have a lovely Courtyard Room available with 2 Queen beds."

Well, I didn't want to be any trouble, and really didn't catch what she was trying to do. OMG! WL really has some rooms with poor views.

The CM couldn't come out and say...the view in your assigned room is awful. Request something else.

Oh yeah, king rooms tend to be on the first floor because they double as Handicap Accessible. If you like porches that's good. If you like good views, its not.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report
Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #80
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

Not a CM or former, just read a lot. The Great Movie Ride at DS, there are 2 lines. One is against the back wall, the other starts 1 lane in from the back wall. The storyline is a little different depending on which line you get in. Try it 2 times in a row or 2 times during your trip and get a different set up. I don't know if both themes are available all the time, but I have been on both and it is interesting seeing it both ways.
97HINB&RIUS99CSR00WL01HRPDTD02HINB&WL30AnV&A03DTDTD04BWDTD&AKLSunsetSafari05DTDTD&POR06DTDTD07ASMFS08Wonder&BC09November28Magic&DTDTD10BW11May29Dream1/12DTDTD&WL8/12Fantasy40An.Remy&DTDTDJoinedDVC4/13AKVCL,DCLDream,BLT11/13Fantasy Thanksgiving/AKLVKidani

Disneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #81
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

I didn't see this mentioned yet... but I did notice a lot of people mention buying water....

WATER IS FREE!!

Bring an empty bottle and head over to a place that serves fountain soda (not bottles). Request Tap Water and you'll get a nice cold cup of water with ice. I pour in into my bottle and then get a refill later in the day when it gets warm (or I finish it).

Free and cold water all day long.

Universal charges... so this doesn't work there.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #82
playswithstars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyMarigold View Post

Never assume a line is "too long" until you ask the greeter CM or look at the ride board. Many rides/shows hold a bajillion people at once. I used to have a lot of people walk away from my attraction because the line was "too long" even though I knew it was only 15 minutes. (Which reminds me--the estimate the CM will give you is almost always high.)
We've always found this to be true for rides but the projected wait time told to us by a CM def. wasn't correct. We got in line for Tinkerbell and asked if the wait time (of 60 min.) was accurate. The CM said it would probably be more like 45 minutes. We ended up waiting almost two hours.
playswithstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #83
playswithstars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyholic View Post
Not a CM or former, just read a lot. The Great Movie Ride at DS, there are 2 lines. One is against the back wall, the other starts 1 lane in from the back wall. The storyline is a little different depending on which line you get in. Try it 2 times in a row or 2 times during your trip and get a different set up. I don't know if both themes are available all the time, but I have been on both and it is interesting seeing it both ways.
I've never seen the other version because it doesn't run during off season. I've always gotten the gangster one regardless of the line I'm in.
playswithstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #84
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

How do you do it though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
I love this idea!! What a great way to pay it forward!!! I think we'll consider this with any left over credits this year.
How do you share your TS meals. If you have 5 on your plan is that not all they allow you to use in one sitting?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #85
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Love all the tips. Have to write them down before we go in Nov.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #86
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmtnfan View Post
How do you share your TS meals. If you have 5 on your plan is that not all they allow you to use in one sitting?
Actually I believe you can use your DDP credits any way you wish - you're not restricted to a certain number per day or at a sitting based on the # in your party. They're tracked according to the total number of credits you have for your package (QS, TS and snacks). So if you wanted to, you could order 4 dinners for 2 people.

We had a ton of QS meals left a couple of years ago and 'bought' 5 friends that were with us lunch. Last time we were on the DDP, DH and I would sometimes order an extra QS meal - typically a salad-type meal to share. Towards the end of the trip we ordered extra sandwiches "to go" to pack for the trip home.
BradyBz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #87
kesha
Dreaming of Mickey

Does anyone know if we can use the rewards card in the machine at Pecos?
1997-CBR
1999-CSR
2002-CBR
2005-CBR
2007-CSR
2009-CBR
2011-CBR
2013-CBR
2014-CSR
kesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #88
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

We actually get FastPasses We Won't USE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbprimeaux View Post
I agree with the Fastpass...."giveaways".....On our last trip - We always had extra fastpasses (kids too short, etc...) and I always looked for a a group/family with the same amount of people as the fastpasses I had left, and I would ask if they wanted them.....I would get just as excited seeing their expressions as riding the ride!

I just hope someone(s) return the favor this trip...
JUST to GIVE them away! Before we get on a ride we get a FastPass for later... and then we look for a family who walks up and sees the line and is ready to turn around and give them the passes! They are usually ecstatic, but sometimes they just look at us like we are Crazy!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #89
Kelblum
DIS Veteran

Love the water idea!! Never knew that! Thanks to everyone sharing all these great tips!!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #90
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
Set your budget
. . . then, double it
. . . then divide by three
. . . then, multiply by six
. . . then add three
. . . then throw away the budget
Sounds like my DH. Whenever we go on a trip I try to plan a budget and be frugal because my DH is always complaining about the money. Once we get to our destination, he's usually the one that is more willing to spend money.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: