Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #721
Brandy C
I can't wait to ride the one in HS
Cruising rocks!

Guess what? I booked my trip through AAA and when I went to pick up my documents they did not have my ME luggage tags. I am not sure if AAA lost them or if the company that sends it out for Disney sent it to the wrong place. My TA had to fax in a request to have them directly mailed to my house. I wanted to Thank You for this sticky as I am now at ease that it is not the end of the world if I do not receive them. The info on here is very helpful.
CCL Miracle Mexican Riviera, CCL Splendor Mexican Riviera 6/2012, DCL Wonder Mexican Riviera October 2011, CCL Paradise Ensenada October 2009, CCL Splendor Mexican Riviera August 2009, DCL Wonder Bahamas April 2009, WDW CSR April 2009, DCL Magic Mexican Riviera July 2008, WDW CSR 2006

DH ME DD DD DD Twins
Brandy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #722
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Canadian in distress

Been to WDW a few times but always forget how ME works with us Canadians.

My mom and I will be flying down for April 25-May 2. My concern is that our flight is scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 9:25pm. I understand that between 10pm and 5am everyone needs to claim their luggage. (For us arriving from Canada, we normally have to claim our luggage anyway) I'm assuming that by the time we disembark the plane, get through customs and pick up our luggage, it will be well passed 10pm. Should we just take our luggage with us regardless of arrival time to be on the safe side? Or, if we arrive just before 10pm, should we let ME take care of our luggage? Any fellow Canadians out there that can help me out? Much appreciated!
jenbear123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #723
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Not Canadian but if it were me, I would just handle my own luggage...especially at that time of night. Just bring it with you, to the bus.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #724
lflax
We went, we loved it, we are going back!!

Does anyone know the number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
DME is sending out only one yellow luggage tag per guest now....seems they figured that with the checked luggage fees, most people would be checking one bag now. But, if you find you need more, just call DME and they should send what you need.
What is the number I need to call for DME in order to get more luggage tags? Should I wait until our first tickets arrive, or is it better to call now? Will they send them all at once if I call early enough?

May 2006 - Our "Maybe Just One More Time" Trip

December 2007 - Our "Party of Five ~ You have to go with us!" ~ Christmas Trip

June 2009 - "Face it - we are addicted to Disney " "Going to Celebrate!!" Trip

May 2011 - Take 5!! We are all going back!!!
lflax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #725
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lflax View Post
What is the number I need to call for DME in order to get more luggage tags? Should I wait until our first tickets arrive, or is it better to call now? Will they send them all at once if I call early enough?
DME hasn't gotten your reservation into their system yet. I would wait until you get the packet. The packet arrives about 5 weeks before you travel..that's plenty of time to get more luggage tags sent out. The number will be in the info packet you get.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #726
lflax
We went, we loved it, we are going back!!

Thanks

Very good! I will just wait until our ME package arrives and then call. Thanks for the help!

May 2006 - Our "Maybe Just One More Time" Trip

December 2007 - Our "Party of Five ~ You have to go with us!" ~ Christmas Trip

June 2009 - "Face it - we are addicted to Disney " "Going to Celebrate!!" Trip

May 2011 - Take 5!! We are all going back!!!
lflax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #727
sm04
Mouseketeer

We're heading to the Poly in 2 weeks, and haven't received any ME Luggage Tags yet. We booked through Dreams Unlimited, and received a packet of some sort with an arcade card and some coupons, but it just had souvenir luggage tags in it. Should I be worried? I have an email into my TA, but haven't heard back yet. Thanks!

DH ME DD12 DS7
sm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #728
amandaraye
Mouseketeer

We just received ours this afternoon and we're leaving in 2 weeks also. My sister didn't get hers until a week before she left last time she went. I'm sure all is ok, but good thing to contact your TA just in case! Maybe I'll see you there!
February 1987--Viscount in DTD

April 1999--ASMo

April 2009--ASMo

March 2011--SSR
Visit my Facebook group dedicated to Disney Fans and those who truly "feel the magic" at WDW!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...02520716456148
amandaraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #729
sm04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaraye View Post
We just received ours this afternoon and we're leaving in 2 weeks also. My sister didn't get hers until a week before she left last time she went. I'm sure all is ok, but good thing to contact your TA just in case! Maybe I'll see you there!
Thanks for the quick reply! I guess I won't panic yet...hopefully my TA gets back to me soon. I hope you have a wonderful trip! It's getting close!

DH ME DD12 DS7
sm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #730
Mastiff
Mouseketeer

When do you usually receive ME tags?

We leave in about 5 weeks. We received our packet with coupons, arcade card and blue luggage tags but NO ME tags.

Do they come seperately? If so, when should I expect them?

Thanks
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:48 AM   #731
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
We leave in about 5 weeks. We received our packet with coupons, arcade card and blue luggage tags but NO ME tags.

Do they come seperately? If so, when should I expect them?

Thanks
You have received your resort reservation packet...you should be getting your DME info packet shortly. The DME packet is different than the resort reservation stuff.

For those of you who are using TAs and have yet to get your DME packets....DME sends the packet to the TA first, who then has to send the packet on to you. Usually, TAs are pretty good about turnaround time..but sometimes there could be one who isn't 'on the ball' and doesn't send the packet out as quickly as they should. I would contact your TAs if you are less than 3 weeks out from your vacation and see what the status is.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #732
Mastiff
Mouseketeer

goofy4tink,

Thank you for the info. I will keep an eye out for the DME packet!

Can't wait, only a few more weeks and we are off to WDW and then on to DCL!!!!
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #733
madge
... is soaking in it

I know the answer to this is somewhere .. I just can't find it. LOL.

one of the people in our travel party is coming from a different airport, arriving a couple of days into the reservation. (we're checking in on Wednesday or Thursday, DS is arriving on Friday) We call ME and tell them the flight info and they'll send tags for his flight? Is that correct? And then for the flight home, he's leaving a couple of days early .. but we make that reservation when we're at WDW?

thanks

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #734
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
I know the answer to this is somewhere .. I just can't find it. LOL.

one of the people in our travel party is coming from a different airport, arriving a couple of days into the reservation. (we're checking in on Wednesday or Thursday, DS is arriving on Friday) We call ME and tell them the flight info and they'll send tags for his flight? Is that correct? And then for the flight home, he's leaving a couple of days early .. but we make that reservation when we're at WDW?

thanks
Is this 'late arriving/early departing' person already on your resort reservation? DME will not send out tags for just this one person. If the person is already on your resort reservation, then their tags will be included in your info packet..one tag for each person on the reservation..
There could be an issue if you have booked a package deal with WDW and you haven't listed this person on the reservation...he is just arriving later and bunking in, not on the package deal. If this is the case, then you will have to wait until you get to WDW, add him to the reservation (can be done without adding him to the entire package deal if you do it when you get there), then have him added to DME. But...there will not be any luggage tags printed out. He will have to get his own luggage at baggage claim and bring it with him, to DME checkin.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #735
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Is this 'late arriving/early departing' person already on your resort reservation? DME will not send out tags for just this one person. If the person is already on your resort reservation, then their tags will be included in your info packet..one tag for each person on the reservation..
he's on the reservation, just traveling from a different airport on a different day. It won't matter that he's arriving a day or two later than the rest of us?

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread