Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #751
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycsk View Post
Perhaps a moderator will chime in, but I _think_ the problem is that the dis specifically wants to avoid being in the middle of an exchange of money. For example, there are all of the Dis-signers (sp?) who make graphics for people out of the goodness of their hearts: Tom, Breezebus, those who post on other boards. The Dis has no problem with that. I know about the woman who is a disboard member and a big seller on Ebay. I plan to patronize her in the future since her embroidery machine rocks. Both her Dis name and her ebay name can be found in the disboards. But she can't advertise here. The Dis doesn't want to be involved in any way where they could be liable for fraud, etc. I know that disers are great people, but the boards need to CTA, or there won't be boards. I think that is the difference.

If I haven't made any sense, I apologize for wasting people's time.
No time wasted. That is a good analysis of it.

The policies involved are

Quote:
FOR SALE For sale ads are strictly prohibited on any of the DISboards. Anyone posting such ads will have their post deleted. This same policy applies to links to your ebay/auction listings . "For sale" posts includes requests for donations (see below). In addition, "Vote for me" posts are not permitted on the DIS. This includes requests for support in an online contest, sweepstakes, lottery or other event designed to yield personal gain.
and

Quote:
7. ADVERTISING: The advertisers/sponsors who you see on the DIS are carefully chosen. While we welcome discussion of them as well as other businesses that you have information or questions about, if its determined that you are using the DIS to promote a commercial venture, you will lose your posting privileges. This includes choosing a username/signature that refers to your business. In addition, links to the company's website will be blocked. Also note that we do not want the boards to be used for solicitations or for requesting referrals. Requests for advertising can be directed to webmaster@wdwinfo.com for consideration.
To answer the comment about DISers utilizing the reported post function, yes, we do receive many of these when a violation is seen on the boards. The Meets threads are under the same guidelines as the main forum.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #752
lbgraves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
ya i'm confused about that too - i'm not sure why it violates anything if you ask someone to make one for you.

i would think that's what this board is all about - helping people have the best trip possible advice is only 1 aspect and if someone is offers to help someone by making something to help them out i don't understand what the problem is.
There is a big difference. The difference is offering advice is free. When services and money become involved, that is someone using the DIS boards to make a profit and that is what is not permitted.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #753
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post

To answer the comment about DISers utilizing the reported post function, yes, we do receive many of these when a violation is seen on the boards. The Meets threads are under the same guidelines as the main forum.
DIS apointing that people dont have any thing better to do with their time than "report" other people.

Also are the PMs under the same scrutiny???
Old 04-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #754
lbgraves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
DIS apointing that people dont have any thing better to do with their time than "report" other people.

Also are the PMs under the same scrutiny???
The guidelines are in place to keep the DIS boards a family board and not a place for people to make a profit. If you do not like the guidelines, you need to contact admin@wdwinfo.com.

If it weren't for the DISers who do go by the guidelines and take the time out of their day to help us by reporting posts this would be a very different place. There are rules almost anywhere you go so this is not an uncommon thing. Posting on the DISboards is considered a privilege and it can be taken away if someone insists on not following the guidelines that are set and posted.

PMs are not screened but if someone reports a PM then yes, the moderators and webmasters are made aware of it.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #755
aznaphrodite
Forever a Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbaggott View Post
I checked out the ones currently being offered on Ebay, and I must say, although I'm not that crafty, I'll make my own! I wouldn't pay what the sellers are asking. With shipping and the exchange rate, that fish extender will cost me just over $60.00 through ebay, and to me that is absurd! If and when I do make one myself, I'll post a photo of it here!
Do a search on eBay for "disney hanging storage", instead of "fish extender". You'll see a good number of FE's for around $15 or less.
aznaphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #756
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
The guidelines are in place to keep the DIS boards a family board and not a place for people to make a profit. If you do not like the guidelines, you need to contact admin@wdwinfo.com.

If it weren't for the DISers who do go by the guidelines and take the time out of their day to help us by reporting posts this would be a very different place. There are rules almost anywhere you go so this is not an uncommon thing. Posting on the DISboards is considered a privilege and it can be taken away if someone insists on not following the guidelines that are set and posted.

PMs are not screened but if someone reports a PM then yes, the moderators and webmasters are made aware of it.
I would never consider this a board for people to make a profit.........
I never said i had a problem with the guidlines...............................
I still think it sucks that people feel the need to "tattle"..................
Continue on with the Fish Extender making.................................
Old 04-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #757
LuvtheEars
DIS Veteran

Here is my new FE!

I was kept awake the other night by barking dogs from 2:00am until after 5:00am, so I thought I would put my time to good use.

I decided to retire my first FE and leave it hanging in our Sun Room when we cruise in May.

Here is my new one! I think I used my time wisely.

Tiffany
Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #758
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheEars View Post

I was kept awake the other night by barking dogs from 2:00am until after 5:00am, so I thought I would put my time to good use.

I decided to retire my first FE and leave it hanging in our Sun Room when we cruise in May.

Tiffany
I love your new FE!!! You Rock!!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #759
binky1
DIS Veteran

WOW LuvTheEars - That is awesome!!!

Where did you get the embroidered DCL logo? Or do you have one of those fancy-schmancy sewing machines where you can download "stuff"?? My aunt has kindly offered to use her fancy-schmancy machine to put names on my FE but if I could find the logo somewhere too.....

Great job!!
10/1998 Disneyland, California - Before Kids, 04/2005 Disney & POFQ - 1DD & 1 on the way, 01/27/07 7 Day Western - Totally Wicked!!, Christmas Break 2007 - Disney & Off-site with the whole famn damily!!, 11/14/09 - 7 Day Double Dip
binky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #760
LuvtheEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTraci View Post
I love your new FE!!! You Rock!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky1 View Post
WOW LuvTheEars - That is awesome!!!

Where did you get the embroidered DCL logo? Or do you have one of those fancy-schmancy sewing machines where you can download "stuff"?? My aunt has kindly offered to use her fancy-schmancy machine to put names on my FE but if I could find the logo somewhere too.....

Great job!!
Thank you!

Yes, I do have a fancy-schmancy embroidery machine. I'm honestly not sure where the DCL logo came from. You might try eBay. Do a search for Disney Cruise Embroidery.

Tiffany
Old 04-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #761
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznaphrodite View Post
Do a search on eBay for "disney hanging storage", instead of "fish extender". You'll see a good number of FE's for around $15 or less.
I was just going to say something similar.

If you search on ebay for "pocket hanging storage or hanging pocket organizer" you will find a bunch of disney ones for super cheap.

I just found Lilo and Stitch, Chip n Dale, and Mickey.

Last edited by DVCsince02; 04-06-2009 at 12:56 PM.
DVCsince02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #762
cathyscrapper
Disney Queen (my husband thinks he's so funny-he added this)

Thanks for sharing the many pictures of FE! I can't wait to do this with our group on October sailing on The Magic!

Caity and Michael (Magic-2004)

cathyscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #763
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheEars View Post

Tiffany

I love it!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #764
canuckgal
Earning My Ears

wow...I love all the great ideas!! There are some very creative people on here!
canuckgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #765
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Okay, here's my fish extender I made. We decided to do iron ons for the pockets and the top part. It worked out well that way. We each got to pick our fave character for our pocket

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: