Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #736
Diane71969
CRUSIN ALONG

Please send me a PM if you know

I read on some thread that you can ship a box to yourself to be delivered to your cabin and it will be there when you get there.

Does anyone know anythign about this?

Thinking it might be a way to send all the FE stuff vs. packing it in luggage for the airplane...
Diane71969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #737
scottie
BWV's= Our Second Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane71969 View Post
Please send me a PM if you know

I read on some thread that you can ship a box to yourself to be delivered to your cabin and it will be there when you get there.

Does anyone know anythign about this?

Thinking it might be a way to send all the FE stuff vs. packing it in luggage for the airplane...
All the updated shipping info is in the FAQ sticky posting on the main page. We are considering shipping our FE stuff down too
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #738
TravelinGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianatlol View Post
I am looking for one, 2 pockets The Name OBrien written on the top.. Dh and I can share a pocket...
One with Mickey and Minnie on it and the other pocket with Cinderella.

Anyone make these that can give me a price/ or maybe be able to make it and go through Ebay?
Sadly, this is not allowed here.

Quote from post from a moderator (post #705) on previous page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Please take a moment to review the DIS Board Guidelines regarding for sale posts.

Quote:
1. FOR SALE For sale ads are strictly prohibited on any of the DISboards. Anyone posting such ads will have their post deleted. This same policy applies to links to your ebay/auction listings . "For sale" posts includes requests for donations (see below). In addition, "Vote for me" posts are not permitted on the DIS. This includes requests for support in an online contest, sweepstakes, lottery or other event designed to yield personal gain.
While sharing your ideas for FEs and patterns and different ways of making them yourselves is wonderful and what this thread is all about, posting asking someone to make one for you, posting information concerning DISers who happen to sell them or even posting that you are going to avoid posting this information on the board by PMing or emailing someone the information violates the guidelines. Any and all posts of this nature will be deleted and may receive infractions. This guideline applies for the entire board so if you ever see this being done, simply report the post be clicking on the triangle in the bottom left corner of the post block and let us know since we cannot read every single post on the boards ourselves.

Thank you.

Good luck finding one on ebay or something. It is possible after searching there that you could find someone who makes them and would be willing to customize one for your family -- ebay does have a contact seller feature.

TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #739
Diane71969
CRUSIN ALONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
All the updated shipping info is in the FAQ sticky posting on the main page. We are considering shipping our FE stuff down too
I can't find it - how do I get there?
Diane71969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #740
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Quote:
I posted all the info on our thread.
triplefigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #741
scottie
BWV's= Our Second Home

Quote:
Heres a link to it, 5th bold header down the list "Boxes Sent the Ship Ahead of Cruise"
Link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966
Old 03-27-2009, 02:46 AM   #742
LindseyLou2222
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFigure View Post
Here are some FE that I have made:

Still debating which one I want to take, they are SO FUN to create!

Chip & Dale

Donald & Daisy

Mickey & Minnie Mouse

Still thinking of some characters to create...
Those are super cute!!! Love the Chip and Dale one

LindseyLou2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #743
joycsk
Red's my girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou2222 View Post
Those are super cute!!! Love the Chip and Dale one
Dear LindseyLou,

Perhaps speedfigure will post her final version. She added a Clarice pocket at my request. Totally fabulous!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #744
SpeedFigure
Mouseketeer

Here is Clarice! :D

Disney Dream Job Winner 2007 - Princess In Waiting

Disneyland- 04/87, 06/91, 05/00, 04/01, 03/02, 05/04, 11/05, 05/06, 02/07, 06/07, 12/07, 04/08, 01/09, 9/09, 10/10, 3/11, 5/11, 9/11, 6/12, 9/12, 3/13
Walt Disney World- 11/94, 11/02, 03/05
Disney Cruise Line- 11/01, 11/02, 10/03, 05/09, 05/12

SpeedFigure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #745
LindseyLou2222
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFigure View Post
Here is Clarice! :D

Too stinkin' cute!!!

LindseyLou2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #746
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinGal View Post
Sadly, this is not allowed here.

Quote from post from a moderator (post #705) on previous page:

Good luck finding one on ebay or something. It is possible after searching there that you could find someone who makes them and would be willing to customize one for your family -- ebay does have a contact seller feature.
I interrupt this program for............

okay sooooo...........
I know that we talked about and did this on our meet and greet thread....is this aloud or did we just not get noticed???
Not trying to make a scene, just wondering....PLEASE NO FLAMES???
Becasue i know that i purchased one from someone on our meet and greet thread and so did many others.......
JUST SAYIN

ALSO please again no flames....
Does a moderator really expect that a disser is going to "TURN SOMEONE IN"

okay i am done go back to your regularly scheduled program.....still in session
Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #747
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

ya i'm confused about that too - i'm not sure why it violates anything if you ask someone to make one for you.

i would think that's what this board is all about - helping people have the best trip possible advice is only 1 aspect and if someone is offers to help someone by making something to help them out i don't understand what the problem is.
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #748
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

I checked out the ones currently being offered on Ebay, and I must say, although I'm not that crafty, I'll make my own! I wouldn't pay what the sellers are asking. With shipping and the exchange rate, that fish extender will cost me just over $60.00 through ebay, and to me that is absurd! If and when I do make one myself, I'll post a photo of it here!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:41 PM   #749
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Look at post #2 (OK 9 inches might work).
Okay, now I'm worried. I read where someone said 8 inches across but mine ended up 8.5 inches across, which sounds like it will work. However, after I put the Mickey Heads on the ends of the dowel rod, mine will actually end up being closer to 10.5 inches. Will that still fit or should I forget about the Mickey heads??? Does anyone know what the actual width of that part of the wall is? If it is already posted, please forgive me. I have read this thread in it's entirety but it's been in bits and pieces as the thread has evolved and I can't remember if it is posted somewhere.

TIA

BTW, as soon as I get it finished, I will post a picture. Other than the fact that I'm afraid it might be a bit wide with the Mickey Heads on the dowel rod, I am very thrilled by the way it is turning out.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #750
joycsk
Red's my girl

I _think_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
ya i'm confused about that too - i'm not sure why it violates anything if you ask someone to make one for you.

i would think that's what this board is all about - helping people have the best trip possible advice is only 1 aspect and if someone is offers to help someone by making something to help them out i don't understand what the problem is.
Perhaps a moderator will chime in, but I _think_ the problem is that the dis specifically wants to avoid being in the middle of an exchange of money. For example, there are all of the Dis-signers (sp?) who make graphics for people out of the goodness of their hearts: Tom, Breezebus, those who post on other boards. The Dis has no problem with that. I know about the woman who is a disboard member and a big seller on Ebay. I plan to patronize her in the future since her embroidery machine rocks. Both her Dis name and her ebay name can be found in the disboards. But she can't advertise here. The Dis doesn't want to be involved in any way where they could be liable for fraud, etc. I know that disers are great people, but the boards need to CTA, or there won't be boards. I think that is the difference.

If I haven't made any sense, I apologize for wasting people's time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: