Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Holy Crow! I'm Sparkly! Oh, It's the Pixie Dust!, An Aug '09 Pre-Trippie

The “Holy Crow! I'm Sparkly! Oh, It's the Pixie Dust!” A PTR From Someone Who Quotes Twilight, Flair, and Movies Frequently-August 26-September 5, 2009

To start off, I have written a TR one time…and I never finished it (I know BAD Dis’er!), so please be gentle with me.

OneTreeHillAddict will tell you that I tend to fall off the face of the Earth when it comes to my TR’s (I’ve only done one Disneyland TR and after 2 installments-CRASH & BURN-life got in the way and I fell off the wagon with it).

So, now I will tell you, I will try my hardest to keep up this little Pre-Trippie which, hopefully, with a little luck and a pinch of Pixie Dust, will turn into a full-fledged Trip Report, and indulge all you fellow WDW and, perhaps Disneyland, addicts with beautiful pictures and wonderful descriptions of my favorite place on Earth (as seen below)

We took this photo in January, after we renewed our AP’s.

So, folks, on with the Show…

First and foremost, I guess I will start out introducing me and my brood:

This is Me (disneyquilter aka Christine) & DH (Kevin):

I am the narrator to this little escapade we will be embarking on, as well as a wife, mother. I love all things Disney & Twilight (yes, I am one of those Twilight Moms), soccer, great music (I love playlists and think EVERYONE’S life needs to have its own soundtrack), and I am a total movie nut.

He is a loving father, terrific husband, loves Disney (maybe more then me), soccer, and is a total movie nut #2. You will notice, he LOVES his ‘coon skin cap from Frontierland.

Next up, DD#1…we’ll just call her Bella (another Twilight fanatic, hence, the throwback to Bella):

She LOVES Disney more then DH and I put together. She is obsessed and the older she gets, the more the love grows. She adores the Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer amongst Kingdom Keepers and other various books, another great music lover (Loves Jack’s Mannequin), and movie nut #3. Sprinkle her love for soccer in here and you have my DD#1.

Last, but definitely not least, is DD#2. She actually has a nickname. We call her Bean:

She is my fun-loving Disney freak #4. She loves soccer, first and foremost and swears she is the next Mia Hamm, and then comes her love for all things Disney.

We live about 15 minutes from Uncle Walt’s Original Mouse House, so periodically, you will see most of my PTR photos in front of Disneyland. We go weekly, but I don’t always take the camera. These pictures in my intro are all from our January 2009, all-day trip.

Here is a couple more:

Partners Statue (my DH acting goofy in the background—I didn’t realize it till after I went home and uploaded the photos-LOL)

Matterhorn

Here’s one more of our fam together trying to take a self portrait:

OK, so you may be asking yourself, what’s up with the title? I am a huge fan of all the Twilight books, Facebook, and the DisBoards. This title is a total throwback to all the things I love about Facebook & Twilight: Twilight Flair. I love it and I spread it around to my family members & friends on a constant basis. So, what’s a trip report without Twilight Flair? It just isn’t one.

More to come later, like eating habits & where we will be staying and this kooky little adventure we’re about to embark on.

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count *~* WDW...2005 ASM/CSR ~ 2007 POFQ ~ 2009 CSR ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2015 Wilderness Lodge ~ 2017 AKL

Last edited by disneyquilter; 04-03-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Yay!!! A pre trip report!!!! I could just cheer! We're so going to be BFF's after this journey and you know it! Did you know that the MNSSHP starts o the 4th!!!? I added three days so we could do it. Perhaps you could extend your trip by one day? I know one place you'll be eating!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Yay!!! A pre trip report!!!! I could just cheer! We're so going to be BFF's after this journey and you know it! Did you know that the MNSSHP starts o the 4th!!!? I added three days so we could do it. Perhaps you could extend your trip by one day? I know one place you'll be eating!
YEA!! I have one reader!!!

Yes, we will be BFFs by the end of this trip, let me tell you

I am so bummed we are leaving on the 4th, I thought about staying one extra day for MNSSHP. Hmmmm....we'll talk

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count *~* WDW...2005 ASM/CSR ~ 2007 POFQ ~ 2009 CSR ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2015 Wilderness Lodge ~ 2017 AKL
Old 04-01-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyquilter View Post
YEA!! I have one reader!!!

Yes, we will be BFFs by the end of this trip, let me tell you

I am so bummed we are leaving on the 4th, I thought about staying one extra day for MNSSHP. Hmmmm....we'll talk
I had to add THREE extra nights to get that baby in! You're only talking ONE night! I think you should do it!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Maureenmouse
DIS Veteran

Now you have 2 people posting. But you'll have to read and post on mine when I get around to doing it1 We go in june right after school is out here in NC, so I'll have to strat my pre trip report rather soo. It must be nice to live so close to the fun. i have two DDs also. i think they're a bit younger than yours. Can't wait to read more!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenmouse View Post
Now you have 2 people posting. But you'll have to read and post on mine when I get around to doing it1 We go in june right after school is out here in NC, so I'll have to strat my pre trip report rather soo. It must be nice to live so close to the fun. i have two DDs also. i think they're a bit younger than yours. Can't wait to read more!
Welcome Maureenmouse!! So glad to have you reading.

I'll be watching for your pre-trippie

How old are your girls?

Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
I had to add THREE extra nights to get that baby in! You're only talking ONE night! I think you should do it!
Just figured out this multi-quote thing...okay, so I talked to Kevin last night and he just laughed and said, "Let's talk about it over the weekend". Cross your fingers girl!! I so want to go to MNSSHP!! The one here at DCA, is not so good. Not as many characters as the WDW seems to have.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
Maureenmouse
DIS Veteran

They are 9 and 7. My girls actually look younger than they are as they are small for their ages, especially my 9yo. I'm sure your daughters are excited about their trip. Mine can't wait!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenmouse View Post
They are 9 and 7. My girls actually look younger than they are as they are small for their ages, especially my 9yo. I'm sure your daughters are excited about their trip. Mine can't wait!
OMGawsh, my kids are obsessive over it. My oldest DD goes on allears and peruses menus, she goes to the WDW web site, she reads travel books. Sometimes I think she is worse then I am. They LOVE WDW.

Plus, DH said today I can extend our trip by one day and stay for MNSSHP! YEA!!!! Everyone do the Banana Dance with me

Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #10
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

HI! Christine!

I'm along for the ride since I will also be meeting you during this trip thanks to a GG we will both be doing with onetreehilladdict! So how old are the girls? I have DD 14 and DS 10! I started a PTr and deleted it! I didn't like it after reading it! I may start another one not sure! I like reading them not writing them! lol!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
OneTreeHillAddict

Tell your DD the WDW site has menus now too for a lot of places! I've found AllEars to be off sometimes. Ya'll book Teppan Edo. It is so good! MNSSHP ~ Woo Hoo!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #12
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
HI! Christine!

I'm along for the ride since I will also be meeting you during this trip thanks to a GG we will both be doing with onetreehilladdict! So how old are the girls? I have DD 14 and DS 10! I started a PTr and deleted it! I didn't like it after reading it! I may start another one not sure! I like reading them not writing them! lol!
Goofy22! I can't wait to meet you too! My youngest DD is 10 y/o and my oldest DD is 12 y/o (well, she will 12 y/o in July). You totally have to write another one or at least do a TR when you get back. I love reading TR's too but I haven't had time lately (started in a new dept), but it's a slow time at work so I am able to get on the boards more. Now I can finally get caught up with OneTreeHillAddict's newest Trippie. I'm going to post my dining plans tomorrow. Where are y'all eating? How many days are you staying?

Quote:
Tell your DD the WDW site has menus now too for a lot of places! I've found AllEars to be off sometimes. Ya'll book Teppan Edo. It is so good! MNSSHP ~ Woo Hoo!
Totally booking Teppan Edo! We love that place. What day do you guys plan on going? I am super excited about MNSSHP! We need to meet up somewhere that night? Maybe dinner? Or a Dole Whip?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #13
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyquilter View Post
Totally booking Teppan Edo! We love that place. What day do you guys plan on going? I am super excited about MNSSHP! We need to meet up somewhere that night? Maybe dinner? Or a Dole Whip?
I don't know. I'm going to get out those tentatives sometime today and mail you and goofy copies of them. I'm not on the dining plan the last three days. We did deluxe so that's about $180 per night for the last three nights (with room and dining upgrade) versus $55 without dining. Make sense? By doing room only I save $374. Can we eat $374 worth of food in those last three days? Hmm. It's something to think about. I'll run it by Sidney again. Heck maybe I'll just add three more days as it is.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
I don't know. I'm going to get out those tentatives sometime today and mail you and goofy copies of them. I'm not on the dining plan the last three days. We did deluxe so that's about $180 per night for the last three nights (with room and dining upgrade) versus $55 without dining. Make sense? By doing room only I save $374. Can we eat $374 worth of food in those last three days? Hmm. It's something to think about. I'll run it by Sidney again. Heck maybe I'll just add three more days as it is.
Makes total sense. I just added the extra day with DxDDP and my PH tix and the room. At this point in the game, I am not quibbling over a couple hundred bucks, if the DH isn't

I'll be posting my plans sometime today. I have them written out, just need to post

Talked to Kevin last night and we will be doing an early dinner on the night of MNSSHP, but I am not sure where. Any suggestions? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? (*Sorry, having an '80's flashback moment*)

Old 04-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #15
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Yep, I'm in! This PTR sounds wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading it

We'll be there just after you all Hey, I sounded a bit southern there, didn't I?!
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: