Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
queengonzo
Earning My Ears

Talking Our Miracle Matthew gets his WISH GRANTED!!! 4/18 - 4/24!!!

wow!! can't believe that i acutally belong to a board like this because it means that we are GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!! THE WONDERFUL people over at MAKE-A-WISH have granted our little boy a WONDERFUL exciting trip over to FLORIDA to have some fun and OH BOY, the family is way excited!!! as of RIGHT NOW, there is only 19 more days till we go there!! We are scheduled to be there april 18-24!!! YIKES!!! i know, very short time but i just found out about this place not too long ago!!

MATTHEWS WHOLE MIRACLE STORY IS ON POST #18!! I KNOW SHOULD HAVE DO IT FIRST!! BUT THERE IT IS!! ENJOY...

sooo, right now, we are CRAMMING for stuff that we need to take and what we have to have ready for matthew over at GKTW....see, he is g-tube fed, needs a nebulizer and sometimes oxygen and the wonderful people at MAW will have all of that stuff THERE!!! yeah! i was soooo worried about having to take all that stuff somehow with us! but instead, they are renting the carseats, oxygen, suction, nebulizer stuff for us to have THERE!!! well, there you go!! GOD IS GOOD!

well, i know that we need to buy a couple lof things stillf or our trip...little things like some clothing and LUGGAGE!!! yes, we don't have any and all we have is duffle bags and somehow, with the 5 of us, i can't really see that!! so, we are off to buy that plus a couple of other 'necessities'!!

we are SOOOO EXCITED!

CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT OUR MAW TRIP!!

"through GOD all things are POSSIBLE.."mat 19:26
OUR PRE-TRIP REPORT
Video of our MIRACLE MATTHEW!
MEET OUR FAMILY! our family blog..
TRIP COMPLETE!!! DREAMS DO COME TRUE!

Last edited by queengonzo; 04-15-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Hi there!

I can't wait to hear more about your family. You are so close to your trip now! This DIS has helped so much with our planning, I'm glad you've found it.

I'm so excited for you and your family. I love the names of your 3 boys, btw!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
maroo
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo!!

I am so glad you have started a pre-trippie!

You asked, on the Wish Trippers Thread...if I would do a planner for you!

Definitely!

I will PM you to get some more information from you!

And I will post a link to this TR on the Wish Trippers thread!

Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
queengonzo
Earning My Ears

THANK YOU everyone!!

WE ARE REALLY EXCITED!! i just got our plane info and i am trying to get the first one out there to be EARLIER(leaves at 12:05 and gets there at 7:15pm)....they have a 7 am flight (actually 4 OF THEM) soooo i am HOPing that we can get an earlier flight!!! still, we are SOOOO EXCITED!!

some things that are becoming clear to me...i am NOT READY!!! i have NO CLUE whats REALLY over there and there are only 18 more DAYS left!!! YIKES! sooo, i need to get a move on and start to research what we want to see and such;....i got some GREAT ideas to make a list of everything everyone wants to do and put it down so we can make sure those are PRIORITIES on our trip and get those done and anything after that is just extra special!!

soooo, on to making LISTS and trying to get everything squared away!!! any SUGGESTIONS and TIPS would be appreciated!!! right now, we might have to take our own car seat for matthew...that will be a bit much because we already have his KIMBA we have to take (wheelchair/stroller)...should be interesting!!!

OUR PRE-TRIP REPORT
Old 03-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
maroo
DIS Veteran

You should read Tinytreasures pre-trip and the part of the trip report she has already done...

tinytreasures trip report

She had 5 kids and a bunch of strollers and carseats...that report should make you feel MUCH better! Check out the pictures of them in the airport getting ready to get their rental car. Hilarious!

I would literally just sit down and make a list of the "must do" attractions (maybe 4 or 5) for each park and then that will tell you which park would be best to concentrate on.

I am not sure the ages of your kids? And your wish child's medical needs...and that info would sort of help in guiding you (but you don't have to put that out here if you are not comfortable with that! )

Main thing...don't try to do too much. Just enjoy the experience. You can't do it all...even with multiple trips to Disney...so just pick a few things at each park that you definitely want to do and the rest is icing on the cake!

I will work on a planner for ya tonight.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #6
WishMom09
Mouseketeer

Loved watching the sweet videos of your adorable family!
Only 18 more days! WOW! Just read all these wonderful Wish trip reports!
They are filled with LOTS of great info!!
I know your boys will all have an awesome time!
Good luck with your planning!

Caleb's Wish Trip TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post30337247

2002 Off Site, 2009 GKTW (Caleb's Wish Trip), 2010 POR, 2012 POR

Old 03-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

O,k. I just watched the you tube clip of Mathews first wheels and I had to stop it. I'm bawling!! Brings back so many memories!!
Thank you for posting this. How adorable he is and Oh i can't talk or think. My heart is overwhelmed and I've got to go finish that clip!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

O.k i have to say how much I admire you. Deployment is tough and as much as our kids are wonderful and the ones with the special challenges are extra special too us it's not easy every day. Combine it all It had to be rough! You Soak this time up and Go on this trip and ENJOY every second!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
iu97alum
DIS Veteran

What an amazing family! I too watched the video and felt all the love that you have for your family. I'm so excited! You're int he right place for a TON of info!! Welcome!

Oh, and pls say thanks to your hubby! It's b/c of folks like him that we are safe. That my daughter has access to the best medical treatment available and that I can sleep at night. Each time I see a service person, I get teary eyed b/c I know what a sacrifice they are making along with their families! Hugs to you all!!!!
dana

Me DH DD5 DD3
1/08 VWL
1/09 DCL Wonder

Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
queengonzo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishMom09 View Post
Loved watching the sweet videos of your adorable family!
Only 18 more days! WOW! Just read all these wonderful Wish trip reports!
They are filled with LOTS of great info!!
I know your boys will all have an awesome time!
Good luck with your planning!
THANK YOU!!! i am a reading!!!! so much info! i am trying not to get TOO excited but it is HARD not to do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
O,k. I just watched the you tube clip of Mathews first wheels and I had to stop it. I'm bawling!! Brings back so many memories!!
Thank you for posting this. How adorable he is and Oh i can't talk or think. My heart is overwhelmed and I've got to go finish that clip!!!
thank you!! yep, he looks soooo cute in that KID WALK!! i am so happy you watched our videos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
O.k i have to say how much I admire you. Deployment is tough and as much as our kids are wonderful and the ones with the special challenges are extra special too us it's not easy every day. Combine it all It had to be rough! You Soak this time up and Go on this trip and ENJOY every second!!!
THANK YOU!! yes we WILL!!! we decided not to wait for when he is older because daddy will probably have to go back 2010....ANYWAY, it was tough BUT thru GOD we were JUST FINE!! we kept a positive attitude the whole time and made the MOST OF IT and that is what got us thru!! thank you for watching our videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iu97alum View Post
What an amazing family! I too watched the video and felt all the love that you have for your family. I'm so excited! You're int he right place for a TON of info!! Welcome!

Oh, and pls say thanks to your hubby! It's b/c of folks like him that we are safe. That my daughter has access to the best medical treatment available and that I can sleep at night. Each time I see a service person, I get teary eyed b/c I know what a sacrifice they are making along with their families! Hugs to you all!!!!
dana
THANK YOU!!! and i will! i get the same way ESPECIALLY when i see them being shipped off or something.....you are so right!! they are SPECIAL PEOPLE, these service men/women! we are so blessed to have all of them make those sacrifices!!

thank you all for taking the time to watch our video's of our family.....

OUR PRE-TRIP REPORT
Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #11
queengonzo
Earning My Ears

ok, so we just got our WELCOME TO GKTW package from MAYOR CLAYTON and i got all teary eyed!! awww...i am so EXCITED for my boys and each day that i read others stories, it just gets me all worked up! i can't believe that in 2 weeks time, we will BE THERE!! where everyone has been writing about....i can't believe it somedays!!

then i remember....i have so much to BUY....ok, not much but SOME things!! i definetly don't want to go in my raggedy old clothes....most of mine have been MATERNITY clothes that i REALLY need to donate!! so, i have a reason for buying some new clothes right ??? but really, i am just excited!!!

anyway, i got my planns from MAROO and i am so happy to have them!! not to study them and find out what i need to do! i have to find the things we want to do and write them down to make SURE we get to do them!! the whole family is sooooo EXCITED...more to come

OUR PRE-TRIP REPORT
Old 04-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #12
queengonzo
Earning My Ears

WELL, we went and bought our PANCHOS for the trip and tomorrow i plan to go on a SHOPPING trip!! awww....so much fun!! as the day gets closer i start to have DREAMS about it!! so much fun just planning and thinking of the babies having a great time...just working out all the legits...i am trying to find boarding for our little pooch and who will look after the house and all that OTHER stuff...so much to do!! but oooohhh it will be sooooo worth it!!

OUR PRE-TRIP REPORT
Old 04-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #13
Andreaswish
Mouseketeer

Hi,

I wanted to let you know your video made me cry. I am a fellow Heart Mom and my daughter's MAW trip is planned June 8 - 13. We can't wait.

Good luck on getting all your stuff together and planned.

I went out last week and bought myself a couple of new shirts (very rarely buy myself clothes - I usally put myself last, kids and husband first).

I pray all goes well. Can't wait to read more, keep up the good work.

Diane

Andrea's Wish Pre trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2133000/COLOR]

Andrea's Carepage www.carepages.com/andreaavinklovespugs

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/svq6euz0ub9bu206.png[/IMG]
Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #14
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Wow, so your trip is coming right up. We're taking our kids to Disney World for the first time. We leave in 35 Days!!!!!!! Planning and getting ready for it is so much fun.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 04-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #15
queengonzo
Earning My Ears

thank you all!! so far, we are getting things as planned....food is at GKTW, got our call on our oxygen and that is ready to go, our car seats are ready, our other equipment should be there soon....so far sooo good!

everyone has the clothes that we need (except DH who needs some shorts!! i need to make some T-SHIRTS for our trip! i am making 2 different ones...the first one is for all of us, nurse included that says something like "MATTHEW'S MAKE A WISH TRIP (PICTURE OF HIM IN THE MIDDLES) and then DISNEY WORLD FLORIDA APRIL 18-24" or something like that!! then the 2nd t-shirt is going to be just for our family and it will have a picture of the family and on it will say something like "THE GONZALEZ FAMILY GOES TO DISNEY WORLD and then the dates and our picture" or something like that! we love to dress alike...anyway, i need to get a working on that!!

well, we are still in the market for luggages...people have offered us theirs (which is soooo awesome) but i think we REALLY need some!! we are that family that usually have to take like 10 duffles bags with all our clothes in it since we don't have luggage!! so, i think it will be a GREAT investment if we get it!!! so, we are OFF to buy that!

soooo much planning and we have YET to look at the park and see what is a MUST see!!

we are STILL PRAYING that we get an earlier flight in because right now we are leaving at 12pm and not getting there until 7pm!!! there are 4 flights that leave at 7am and we are PRAYING that that happens cause with matthew and it being his first flight and sz, he needs time to settle in before it is time for bed and i don't know if it is going to be TOO MUCH if we get in that late and all...PLEASE pray that we can get that eariler flight! it would make a BIG BIG BIG difference for matthew!!

OUR PRE-TRIP REPORT

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: