Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #46
Michelle GT
Mouseketeer

Is there a web site for Kenny's golf cart rental?
Michelle GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #47
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle GT View Post
Is there a web site for Kenny's golf cart rental?
Michelle I tried googling for one yesterday, but came up with nothing.

Disney Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #48
LargoLori
DIS Veteran

I am getting frustrated trying to reach Kenny at Tee Time. I have been calling since Tuesday and he has yet to return my call. Has anyone else had this problem? If I am going to book with him I need to do it soon because we arrive Sunday and I need to cancel our Disney cart 24hrs in advance.

LargoLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #49
Mary2e
DIS Veteran

That's really odd. I had no trouble reaching him before the trip nor during the trip.

Maybe we've all got him really busy delivering carts.

Are you calling this number?: Tee Time Golf Cart Rental - Kenny - 407.276.0809
Mary2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #50
LargoLori
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
That's really odd. I had no trouble reaching him before the trip nor during the trip.

Maybe we've all got him really busy delivering carts.

Are you calling this number?: Tee Time Golf Cart Rental - Kenny - 407.276.0809
I was finally able to get through to Kenny's wife. Kenny had an emergency and has been unavailable for the past few days. Hopefully we are not too late to get a cart. Thank you for your help.

LargoLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #51
PFFCO
Earning My Ears

I had Kenny call me on Friday afternoon at the agreed upon time. He told me that someone else would be dropping off the cart at 3pm. His driver called me at 2:45 and was waiting for me at the overflow lot.

He dropped off the cart and I drove it into the campgrounds. Everything was perfect. Our cart looks to be in better shape then the Disney carts and comes with a rain shield which we might have to use this weekend.

I'll have to take some photos of the cart and post them. We're here in the 1200 loop, first time camping here.
PFFCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #52
Michelle GT
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info and keep us posted on your experience with Kenny. I think I will try him, but I would feel more comfortable with a web site and some more recommendations from other fort campers. I really would like to save money on the cart. It is fun to have one, but the price can really add up.
Michelle
Michelle GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #53
Shan-man
¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

Michelle, keep reading the forum here, there are at least a dozen folks who have mentioned renting from Kenny and nary a complaint... other than perhaps difficulty in calling him recently (due to illness, as I understand).
Shan-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #54
Mary2e
DIS Veteran

Ditto to what he said.

I rented from him based on 1 persons recommendation. I made the reservation, and paid in full, back in January for a March rental. Yes, it was a leap of faith, particularly since he wanted payment in full.

It all went off without a single hitch. I saw 2 other of his carts around the Fort, and I would bet they all were from people who got his number here.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #55
beagles7278
Know Enough to be Dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle GT View Post
Thanks for the info and keep us posted on your experience with Kenny. I think I will try him, but I would feel more comfortable with a web site and some more recommendations from other fort campers. I really would like to save money on the cart. It is fun to have one, but the price can really add up.
Michelle

We used him a few weeks back without any problems. The guys who dropped the cart off, I can't recall his name, said Kenny's dad has been sick and lives out of state. Not making excuses for him, but I would not hesistate using him again.
beagles7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #56
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

Not sure how their prices compare (depending on how long a rental you need) but we had excellent luck with Golf Cart Enterprises in Dec. We got a 4 seater cart for 3 weeks with windshield and delivery for $500 (that rate is actually good for a month). That's for Mon-Fri delivery - extra charge for weekends - but they let us basically pick the time we wanted them to come. Service was excellent and cart was immaculate.

We already have one reserved with them for 3 weeks in Nov.
BradyBz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #57
Mary2e
DIS Veteran

I called Golf Cart enterprises, and they charge a substantial amount for a weekend delivery. For a 1 week cart rental with a Sat delivery/pickup it was nearly as much as Disney's price.

For Mon-Fri their prices are comparable, but Tee-Time's are still cheaper.

You might want to check Tee-Time to see if Kenny will give you a similar good deal for a long term rental.

Last edited by Mary2e; 03-29-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #58
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

Thanks - we'll check it out. The Mon-Fri delivery works for us (we arrive Sun and leave Fri) but saving some $ is always good - especially these days!
BradyBz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #59
jofesel
Albany Joe

Review of Tee Time Rental

To begin, I want to ensure readers that I have not received any compensation for this review of Tee Time Golf Cart Rentals, Inc.

The week of 3/3/09 my family and I travelled to Disney World for one of our many trips to Disney but our first stay at Fort Wilderness. We stayed in a cabin and had decided early on not to rent a golf cart in order to save money. However, after reading numerous reviews, we finally caved. We were flying in and walking the long distances to the buses and boat with a toddler just did not seem feasible. We also did not want to wait for the internal bus system. But how much would it cost us?

Fort Wilderness rents golf carts but they are quite expensive at $57.51 including tax a day. The rental period is from 1pm- 11am. That would end up costing my family a whopping $448 for eight days. So, like all other Disney fans, I turned to the many forums available for advice. On one of the forums I read about two outside cart rental businesses that deliver golf carts to guests at Fort Wilderness. I went with Tee Time Golf Cart Rentals, Inc. due to the good prices and numerous positive reviews. Were the very short reviews right?

I began by calling the owner, Kenny Patton, at 407-276-0809. You can also email him at ttimegolfcarts(at)aol.com. The reviews said he answers 24/7 and they were right. Kenny picked up immediately and gave me the basics. We would be using a new club car with rain flaps. Drop off and return would be at the secondary lot at the Fort Wilderness Outpost at times of my choosing. He requested that we call the day before and the day of pickup and return to confirm times. And the price? For one week, we paid an amazing $224.00!!! That price included delivery/pickup, rental and tax. The full amount was charged to my credit card at the time of the reservation. I was told there would be no penalty for canceling my reservation but I am sure this will change as the business grows. Could this be too good to be true?

Tee Time was the right choice from beginning to end. We were set to meet him at noon on the day we arrived. I went to the secondary lot and waited at the appointed location, four red poles in the secondary lot directly across from the front door of the Outpost reception building. He called my cell phone at exactly noon to tell me he was on the property and I should see him momentarily. He was professional and easy to talk to. He rolled a shiny new cart of his truck trailer, took a ride with me around the lot to show me how to operate the cart and I was off.

The cart was easy to use. There is a steering wheel, a button to control forward/neutral/reverse, a horn, gas pedal and a brake pedal with a parking brake. The cart comes with a transformer to charge the cart at night. You simply plug it into an outlet and then plug it into the cart. An overnight charge is good for about 40 miles and the cart travels at about 15mph. Returning the cart was just as simple. We communicated the day before and the day of our departure, met him in the secondary lot and that was that. Renting from Kenny at Tee Time was easy and economical from beginning to end.

Here is his price list:

All prices include rental, delivery and tax and there is no extra charge for weekends.
5 Days $178.85 7 Days $224.70 9 Days $ 270.35
6 Days $ 201.78 8 Days $ 242.63 10 Days $ 293.28
jofesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #60
Shan-man
¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

Joe, thanks for the thorough review. This will be a great resource to point folks to when they ask about off-site rentals, or want some confirmation of Tee-Time's reliability. Glad you had a good experience!
Shan-man is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: