Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #151
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

BCV Before the Cruise

So, how many people are staying at BCV before the cruise?

We arrive at BCV on 9/11. On the return we will be at BLT. Getting tickets for the 9/18 MNSSHP. Anyone else staying after the cruise and planning on attending the MNSSHP?

Lisa
Old 03-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #152
ohiominnie
It's interesting when you google yourself
I'd rather be at WDW
Spent all day at an amusement park yesterday
My DH gets kitty litter kidney stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Karen - sorry to hear that Nick is sick. I'm sure the antibiotics are helping. to our smoothie son.
Almost sounds like he picked up something new. Strep doesn't cause runny nose and coughing. So while the antibiotics will help the strep (which wasn't really bugging him much) we'll just have to wait out the viral crud.

I'm sitting in the studio listening to him cough upstairs. (just to clarify, he was a bit tired this morning, but as the day wore on he started hacking and sniffling a lot more.)It's so weird because his whole life his room was right across the hall from mine. Now we are WAY in the back on the first floor and he is WAY in the front on the second.

I need a baby monitor now more than ever!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #153
ohiominnie
It's interesting when you google yourself
I'd rather be at WDW
Spent all day at an amusement park yesterday
My DH gets kitty litter kidney stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
OH MY! We were at Lowe's and I was just pushing the cart out to the car when we heard two VERY LOUD booms! Car alarms were going off all over, I had completely forgotten the shuttle was coming in today! What a surprise!
You're in HUNTER'S CREEK? Oh my! You're right around the corner from me. In fact, dh works in Hunter's Creek sometimes! (insert it's a small world music here)
Old 03-29-2009, 06:16 AM   #154
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Good morning Member Cruisers!
We sail in 24 weeks!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:18 AM   #155
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Happy Birthday Flo! (wltdsnyfan)

Old 03-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #156
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone!

I can not believe the weather here. It was iceing till about 3:00 ( I had gotten up). Then when I woke up this morning there was 4 inches of snow on the ground.

hope everyone has a good day.

take care
flo
Old 03-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #157
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Good Sunday Morning!

Well, yesterday was very successful for our Passport Day at the office. We were busy the entire time. But boy was I tuckered out when I got home. I slept good that is for sure.

Congrats to everyone for getting to stay at the BCV/BW area the night before the cruise. Sounds like you all will have fun!

Lisa - totally understand about the kids, the running, the sports, etc. I'm right there with ya. We are tossing around going to MNSSHP after the cruise. We will be staying at the Poly for 3 nights after the cruise. So, we will see what happens as time gets closer.

Karen - I hope Nick gets better soon, real soon. I was really down, and I mean on the couch down, for three days. It stinks to be sick. Best wishes to you.

Flo - Did they even get the game played yesterday with it being so cold? I couldn't even imagine hitting the ball with a metal bat. Sting!!!!!!!!! Makes my hands hurt thinking about it. Here's to warmer days ahead! And we missed out on the snow. Thank goodness.

Well, have a great day!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:46 AM   #158
KellyJeanDVC
Firm Believer in Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

Happy Birthday Flo!!

Old 03-29-2009, 09:08 AM   #159
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Hi Flo!

At 2:00am I had to make the last two go to sleep. I would have let them stay up later but we all had to get up early in the morning for practice, field clean up, etc. I think they were all back up before the sun came up this morning. I crawled out of bed at 7:00 to get my shower and then make them breakfast. I made the mistake of promising pancakes for breakfast. Ugh. Cereal will be on the menu for the next sleep over.

Turns out it was raining early this morning so no practice for one of the boys. Our field clean up still took place but I was so lucky. For the field my DS will be playing on they told us we did not have to stay. They were working on the dugouts and did not want the kids out on the field. So, I turned right back around, crossed the street, and headed back home. I have to say this is my favorite sport in town. It is wonderful being able to just walk across the street for the games. It saves so much time. And if you forget something. You can run home and get it.

Soccer game tomorrow. Calling for thunderstorms around the time of the game so we may get tomorrow off too.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Quote:

We arrive at BCV on 9/11. On the return we will be at BLT. Getting tickets for the 9/18 MNSSHP. Anyone else staying after the cruise and planning on attending the MNSSHP?

Lisa

Lisa,

Wow 2:00AM! I am sure you were very tired since you had to stay up with them. Glad you did nto have to work on the field and could come home and rest. We went past are fields yesterday and they were out ther to.

I love baseball, and miss it very very much now that my son is not playing any more.

We are not staying at the BCV but will be across from you at the boardwalk.

have a good day.

Take care
flo
Old 03-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #160
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Good Sunday Morning!

Well, yesterday was very successful for our Passport Day at the office. We were busy the entire time. But boy was I tuckered out when I got home. I slept good that is for sure.

Flo - Did they even get the game played yesterday with it being so cold? I couldn't even imagine hitting the ball with a metal bat. Sting!!!!!!!!! Makes my hands hurt thinking about it. Here's to warmer days ahead! And we missed out on the snow. Thank goodness.

Well, have a great day!
Chris,

Sounds like you did not have time to be board. I would rather have it this way it makes the day go by fast. But with you being sick the week before I am sure you were tuckered.

Yes, they played both games. We got there and they were like wow look who is here. The parents the kids and the coachs all came to say hi. It was nice. We watched the game for a couple of inning and left it was to cold. I had on a long coat, hoodeded sweat****, flanel shirt and a teashirt on the time on my bottome I had jeans and long undwear and a blanket raped around my leges and I was still cold. I told them when we left Iwould come see them when it was warmer.
I just hope they made it home befre the weather hit here. They had a 2hour drive bake to Milwaukee.

take care
flo
Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #161
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Just thought I would post pictures of what it looks like by my house and it is spring.

take care
flo

Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #162
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lisa
We arrive on the 12th,@ BCV if I can ever get my flight booked,,,waiting it see Southwest rates. As of now we have not made any plans except to stay at BWV after. We have never stayed at either place before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Just thought I would post pictures of what it looks like by my house and it is spring.

take care
flo

Happy Birthday Flo

Have a great day.

Flo, your house looks a little like ours, I think we may have gotten just a little less.

Have a great day and stay warm.

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream

Last edited by djstweety; 03-29-2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #163
manascarfan
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Flo

Old 03-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #164
KellyJeanDVC
Firm Believer in Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

It is still coming down like crazy by me. You can barely see out the window!

I sure could use some of that Florida sunshine about now!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #165
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLO

Hope you have a great day.

Take care.....Monika
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: